"That's not how you kill yourself"Nanashi Mumei

Pochi Calls Out Idol Corp

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
EDIT: Oh shit, they might actually be doing the my Idol family <3<3<3 thing...

Archive

This seems especially sus, coming from the boss's missus.

> Haven’t been so happy in an awhile! etc...
> I will never forget you
WTF? Am i too ESL or do i see contradictory statements? This tweet alone is extremely fertile ground for doomer rrats
Walkout anyone? :cursedbae:

Limkin

Even fucking Anycolor doesn't smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, they leave that to the Nijisisters.
Nah, they very much talk about it in their financial reports. There is always the same copypasted slide at how their ways are the future and they are better at milking money out of their talents than anyone else. Not on social media though, that one is idolCorp only

Bronze

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Nah, they very much talk about it in their financial reports. There is always the same copypasted slide at how their ways are the future and they are better at milking money out of their talents than anyone else. Not on social media though, that one is idolCorp only
Yes, but that's something Cover does as well (with different priorities in the document, of course). I excluded shareholder slides because they're specifically meant for shareholders, not for general consumption (we consume anyway, but vtubing is kind of special in this regard).

silentcouch

That write-up seems to forget that everyone was with one foot outside the door after the Riro incident, that (mandated?) silence made everyone nervous, Coni unprivated old Megnace ASMR and redesigned her character to relevancy again, and seems to still have plans (I couldn't find the meltdown tweet maybe she deleted).

I believe it, but there's holes there. I also believe Pochi is being a bit desperate for money for another reason but that's within rrat territory, it's just my intuition. :baeJam:

menace/coni was active prior to any controversy, in fact she was likely the most active out of any of the idol girls prior to rirocaust
> Haven’t been so happy in an awhile! etc...
> I will never forget you
WTF? Am i too ESL or do i see contradictory statements? This tweet alone is extremely fertile ground for doomer rrats
Walkout anyone? :cursedbae:
why would the spouse (rrat) walkout after getting a model upgrade?

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Is there anything that implies the donothons are somewhat forced by the company for the talent to do? Since they do spam them a lot.

Limkin

Is there anything that implies the donothons are somewhat forced by the company for the talent to do? Since they do spam them a lot.
They give a rather large amount of money on debut, that you are free to spend and allocate towards what you consider important. And since they are not running a charity, and all did donothons, it was sort of assumed that it was a stipulated by company way to recoup the expense. But no one has said anything outright about this or I didn't hear it

Bronze

Iirc during her donothon, Coni mentioned she was chosen to be the first one among gen 2 and she was anxious about being 1st. So more donothons were planned at least

hylic

They give a rather large amount of money on debut, that you are free to spend and allocate towards what you consider important. And since they are not running a charity, and all did donothons, it was sort of assumed that it was a stipulated by company way to recoup the expense. But no one has said anything outright about this or I didn't hear it
Idol doesn't take a cut from the donothon. That puts the onus on fulfilling the rewards squarely on the talent.
dono.JPG
I think whatever dispute Pochi had probably had something to do with this new internal policy from late December 2023

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Man at this point, I just hope Rin is gonna be okay :depressedtako:
Nah, don't worry about Rin, she'll be fine. The whole thing could crash and burn, and she'd still land on her feet somehow. Just watch. Idol will go down in flames and she'll show up in the next HoloEN gen or resurface as IKEA's new vtuber mascot or something. You'll see.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Nah, don't worry about Rin, she'll be fine. The whole thing could crash and burn, and she'd still land on her feet somehow. Just watch. Idol will go down in flames and she'll show up in the next HoloEN gen or resurface as IKEA's new vtuber mascot or something. You'll see.
that puts me at ease

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
IIRC, Rin said she was thinking about doing a donothon for her birthday this year but was too tired/busy so she chose not to.

I know she'll get back up somehow since that woman is too stubborn for her own good but still, she'd be crushed. From the way she's talked about Idol and joked with Aviel/management over the months, she fully trusts them. Back when the HE girls graduated and people were thinking it's cause they weren't getting numbers, she got annoyed and hard-defended them, stating that she believes in management and would obviously know if she was working for a black company. And that's a stance she's maintained over the months. She's also one of the girls that hasn't done any activity on her PL since the Riro stuff happened. I just want Idol to do things right for her so her trust hasn't been misplaced all this time, yet it seems like they keep fucking up.

There's also a chance Rin was receiving favoritism because she gets the highest numbers and she just never knew about it. Or there's the worst possible timeline where she is complicit and knew everything all along. But that's just doomposting at this point and something I'd rather not imagine at all. Ikea just needs to adopt the british blåhaj woman already.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
its all just so tiresome man

can i just enjoy rin at fucking peace

please

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Idol did seem like a house of cards waiting to crumble, figures that it would be the silent killer of all projects, piss fucking poor management
They let all their girls become lolis, too. Fucking filth, tbh.

Good thing I stopped fully buying into Aviel's shit a long time ago. Him going "Idol is going to do what other corpos haven't done before" already raised an eyebrow from me.
Once they did the transparency shit and were extremely misleading over the compensation to the talents (by inflating percentages by claiming resources allocated to them that could only be used on certain things was part of their compensation), I knew they were not to be trusted. Speaking of which, where are the contracts they promised ages ago?

Bronze

Speaking of which, where are the contracts they promised ages ago?
He said it's "around the corner" on the first day of the year, so maybe Pochi's decision to graduate got in way?

Limkin

There's also a chance Rin was receiving favoritism because she gets the highest numbers and she just never knew about it. Or there's the worst possible timeline where she is complicit and knew everything all along. But that's just doomposting at this point and something I'd rather not imagine at all. Ikea just needs to adopt the british blåhaj woman already.
If I had a talent who doesn't do coomerbait, isn't menhera, doesn't do gfe, works hard, fulfills her promises AND makes a lot of money on top of it - you bet she would be my dear darling and get anything she wanted at a minute notice with extreme levels of favoritism. How to be liked by your boss - work, don't create troubles, don't complain, make money. Optionally don't sleep with higher ups or at least go high enough where a guy couldn't get fired bringing you with him

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I believe it, but there's holes there. I also believe Pochi is being a bit desperate for money for another reason but that's within rrat territory, it's just my intuition. :baeJam:
At this point, most of what we can go on is pure speculation based on previous observations. Whatchu got this time man? No problem sharing your theories as long as people explicitly frame them as just rrats/theories.

Speaking of, more people in the know have started showing up to fill in more details on /vt/. Reposting here.
Screenshot-2024-03-22-083326.png

Screenshot-2024-03-22-083733.png

image.png

Relevant Tweets and Archives and photos from Tweets -

Archive

Archive

Archive
Photos from Tweet -
image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

image.png

The more I read, the more I think Pochi was trying to take the money and bail without fulfilling all her donothon goals. And her own document doesn't do any good to paint the story in her favor. There's just too much that smells about this situation. And although my opinion of Idol has gone down a bit in the last few months, my inclination is more fault is lying with Pochi unless something catastrophic is revealed about how Idol is run in the mean time.

God's Fattest Moojisan

Don't watch Vtubers, do hard drugs. Better for you
Assuming there's no amicable solution to this, the big question is going to be what happens to all that money?

Pochi doesn't deserve a cent but I doubt anyone who dono'd would be happy with Idol keeping it either. They're likely going to have to refund it and that's going to be a solid hit financially.

Not to mention Idols tried pretty hard to avoid refunding anyone for the previous Pochi donothon or the Yuko one, so I wouldn't be surprised if the jew does everything in his power to jew his way out of giving that money back.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
The more I read, the more I think Pochi was trying to take the money and bail without fulfilling all her donothon goals. And her own document doesn't do any good to paint the story in her favor. There's just too much that smells about this situation. And although my opinion of Idol has gone down a bit in the last few months, my inclination is more fault is lying with Pochi unless something catastrophic is revealed about how Idol is run in the mean time.
Every time people bitch about The Jew (tm), it turns out he's innocent and the fault lies with the goy trying to scam him/her viewers.

Something to think about.

Also, vet your fucking talents, Aviel.

Edit: I assume I'm not the only one who's a bit leery of a "Get a cat" donothon goal. That just reeks of Christmas pet for the kids, abandoned by easter.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
I was feeling the same as the posts pointed out. I am old enough to know when someone wants to cash out, and we had many examples in the vtubing area, it's a common modus operandi. There is also the factor of moving countries, and it's very easy to lose your visa in your first year, so my current assumption is:
a. she wants to backstab Aviel because she's either not comfortable with the new model or post-Riro wrangling.
b. she needs money to pay rent or other stuff urgently to keep her visa but isn't desperate enough to get a sidejob.
c. she moved with the goal of hitching with someone and need cash to maintain/bring them.

Does someone know her family situation? She mentioned that her mom is visiting, but she just moved countries, right?

Archive

Who paid for that plane ticket? Why is her mom already visiting?

To me it sounds like it was a plan to scam the company and get her mom to a better living condition ASAP, and if she got history, she probably thought it would be easy, shame there was a jew in the way, they can smell money miles away.
Of course, this is just a guess from the heart, I don't watch her to know the intricacies of her personality, I'm just observing the overview and catching snipets here and there. Rratting as much as possible. :baeJam:

Top Bottom