"When 2023, I'll do my best more hard."Haachama

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Please use the new containment thread for discussion of the stream as it could well be a complete and utter shitshow. Or it could be a nothingburger. I'll decide whether or not to simply merge it here when I awaken tomorrow, thank you.

You realize you posted this in the containment thread, right?

Edit: Oh, wait, that's a different thread. You made a containment thread for the containment thread. Uh, okay.

Is it just me or is her stream completely black? No video at all. Just audio. I tried reloading but it's the same.

Last edited:

Faceless Waifu

Early Adopter

Is it just me or is her stream completely black? No video at all. Just audio. I tried reloading but it's the same.
Better have two and merge later than have it here and have it mixed with people shaking their head over Nolan's attempt to be nijis shield or something.

SandySunDunes

All black for me as well.

edit: Sounds like no tea is going to be spilled. But positive Phase and Idol shoutouts were given. That's something.

Last edited:

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
Currently talking about legal mumbo jumbo. She's definitely prepared for whatever Kurosanji will throw at her.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Why would you ever think that's a good idea?
Answer: They don't think.
It's a recurring habit for him to just do whatever comes to mind and not think of the consequences of saying or doing it. He's truly black on the inside.
In my experience, both in practice and through all observations, a MUCH higher proportion of viewers will donate or sub to an Indie compared to a Corpo Vtuber. Generally speaking, a 2-3 view chuba will have a community with a higher percentage of dedicated viewers willing to open their wallets compared to the percent of viewers that a 4+ view chuba will have, and in many cases more willing to spend more in comparison. You can account this to the simplicity of donating/subbing on Twitch compared to Youtube, the idea of supporting a smaller viewer giving people their own little moral asspat, or even the concept of Twitch Prime allowing people to essentially give their favorite chuba 5$ without even SPENDING the 5$, but it doesn't change the numbers.
I do agree that a 2-3 view chuba will have a greater percentage of dedicated viewers willing to open their wallets while 4+ view chubas will have a large majority as leeches. However I think it is important to note that there is a correlation with the viewers and the odds that they'll pull a whale. Look at someone like Bettel in HolostarsEN DLC Fighter pack 1. From what I've seen, he has the most CCV out of his gen consistently but he is disproportionately further than them because he's nabbed some whales. While he has pulled CCVs that put him 2-4 times the CCV of some of his genmates, his monthly superchats has put him among the highest in the entire HoloEN production.

I do agree with your overall assessment though. Pulling a whale is a lottery situation and if you get multiple of them, that means you're set for life because then they start competing to out-donate each other. However the odds of pulling that off are incredibly low but having significantly more viewers does increase those odds. A lot of whales share similar traits and they like to flock to a place with an audience to witness their splurging.
This is too meta for the internet to handle.
He speaks from experience.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Regardless of intent. They pissed a lot of people off.
Screenshot - 2023-05-08T024114.092.png

Lead up to the joke

Wonder if either will respond.

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped
Regardless of intent. They pissed a lot of people off.
View attachment 24087

Lead up to the joke

Wonder if either will respond.

1683531427957.png
67b.jpg

I do hope he has a point and they aren't mocking Zaion but... probably not

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
I'm sad Scarle's getting beaten by him. I like the odd Scarle cooking stream and she's entertaining to listen to.
Scarle makes up for it by swimming in cash from paypigs. She has less subs and lower viewership, but $241,000 in SC donations is definitely not something to scoff at. Girl has identified an EN audience no one else has touched and has them by the balls.
I don't even know what's engaging about Kyo. I watch male streamers, Holostars are great, I even think a few of the Niji men are decent when they're not BFEing around. But I don't get Kyo at all.
I do think Kyo has moments where he's genuinely pretty funny, or has moments in collabs that overall make the collab better. The recent Among Us international collab where Enna gave him a fake EN>JP cheat sheet was great.

But it's mired beneath the fact that he's a young zoomer that doesn't know how to act. He latches onto Enna like the foetus on the head of the nurse from South Park. He bitches and moans and throws shit on his private account with no recourse. The last thing he organised was an 'Iluna vs XSoleil' Golf It collab where Zaion and Doppio out-bantered him so hard he deleted his VOD, and he hijacked a collab between Finana, Selen and Pomu (three people with a lot of chemistry) only to tweet that his head hort and he might be low energy during it.

I don't think being unruly or stupid inherently means that person needs firing. I've been a Niji fan long enough to know how much of a menace Shiina Yuika was to her management when she was starting out, and there are people in JP like Gundou, Hajiki, Gwelu etc that have gotten away with far more than they reasonably should have; but if EN have terminated Zaion for, among many other things, using a private account and speaking ill of other members, then they set a precedent they need to follow through with on Kyo's behaviour on his personal account.

He needs to learn that NijiEN isn't middle school - or at the very least, learn that if he wants to stir the pot for no reason, he can at least give back to the branch by being productive rather than just having everyone else do the hard work while he fucks around slinging shit at people who can't defend themselves.

niggaphil

Short clip regarding Zaion incident based on Sayu stream

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Went to check who Sayu is subbed to (possible she hasn't cleaned them up yet but it's notable she is still subbed to Hex, Ver, Meloco, and Doppio but no Kotoka unless I missed her.
she was also subbed to several JP talents that I could not type out be they from stars JP or niji JP.
No screencaps cause I didn't think to take any until I was way down the list
sorted by affiliation
XSOLEIL
Hex
Ver
Meloco
Doppio

ETHYRIA
Millie Parfait
Reimu Endou
Enna Alouete
Nina Kosaka

ILUNA
Scarle and pl Ami Yoshiko
Aia Amare
Maria

LUXIEM
Ike Eveland
Luca Kaneshiro
Shu Yamino
Vox Akuma

LAZULIGHT
Elira
Pomu

OBSYDIA
Petra

Noctyx
Alban Knox
Yugo and Unnamed

NIJI ID
Mika
Hana Machia

TEMPUS
Machina X Flayon
Magni Dezmond
Gavis Bettel
Josuiji Shinri
Regis Altare

VSHOJO
Projekt Melody
Kson
Ironmouse

HOLOLIVE
Hoshimachi Suisei
Hakui Koyori
Nakiri Ayame
La+
Calli
Risu
Moona
Shion
Iroha
Fubuki
Bae
Kobo
Gura
Okayu

E-SEKAI
Yuko
Rin

PHASE CONNECT
Pippa Pipkin

INDIE
Merryweathery
Amalee monarch
CyYu
Emirichu
Yuzu
Lord Aethel
Connor
Trickwi
Bao
Girl dm
Uto
Lisa (former tsunderia)
Lilypichu
Silvervale
Kana (I believe that's guras old model sister)
Filian

DRAMA/NEWS
Depressed Nousagi
Falseeyed
Parrot4chan
If the subs reflect how Sayu feels about Kotoka, it's odd that she's still subbed to Hex, since his response was by far the worst and most incongruous ("how dare she joke about rape, I was a victim, now here is a stream where I put a collar on you and talk about lesbian cheating vs straight cheating"). Although if Sayu actually believes she was wrong to make the rape joke (I don't, but it's not my stream), I guess Hex's response wouldn't be as painfully personal as Kotoka's response might have been.

But on that point, cross-quoting from the main thread:
I'd guess that Kotoka's initial statement really stung, even though it probably wasn't intentional- in classic Niji EN style they announced Zaion's departure on the same day that Vox was doing his 24-hour charity stream (which Koto was also taking part in) so I think she was trying to distance herself from it emotionally in order to make it through the day. She did a member's stream afterwards (at 5-6am JST) where she cried a bit, said a lot of nice things about Zaion and expressed how bitterly frustrated she was that they weren't able to fix the situation. It's unfortunate but honestly it's just a bad idea for talents to address shit like this unless they are super careful (IIRC the statement from Noctyx regarding Yugo's graduation was much more measured)
Before this, I've waffled on whether Kotoka's statement was appropriate. It hurts to read that she herself thought her public statement wasn't everything she had to say, and that she thought more of Zaion than her public statement implied. But I guess that proves your point that talents shouldn't immediately address incidents like this.

Most of NijiEN made sad vague tweets a week or two prior to Yugo's graduation, and when the announcement dropped Noctyx couldn't say anything because they were on break. Fulgur was the first one to return; he said the break was not because of the announcement and he sounded very upset. But no one blamed Yugo (much less jumped on their PL accounts to join cancel campaigns) the way most of the livers who gave statements blamed Zaion.

Last edited:

Piarro

Early Adopter
it's odd that she's still subbed to Hex, since his response was by far the worst and most incongruous
(Zaion making Hex not comfortable, yeah like I will trust the man who put the dildo asset in his OBS)
Hex's response in @niggaphil's post wasn't really that anti-Zaion imo unless I'm misinterpreting it, it seems like what he meant was basically "I don't like the jokes she made but it sucks that she couldn't reach an agreement with the company", what he says verbatim "I cannot condone the jokes and the things she said and it devastates me that it would come to this, that it would happen this abruptly" I think this comes off kind of unclear here but I believe that the "it" he is referring to is her termination, which he seems unhappy about.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Before this, I've waffled on whether Kotoka's statement was appropriate. It hurts to read that she herself thought her public statement wasn't everything she had to say, and that she thought more of Zaion than her public statement implied. But I guess that proves your point that talents shouldn't immediately address incidents like this.

Most of NijiEN made sad vague tweets a week or two prior to Yugo's graduation, and when the announcement dropped Noctyx couldn't say anything because they were on break. Fulgur was the first one to return; he said the break was not because of the announcement and he sounded very upset. But no one blamed Yugo (much less jumped on their PL accounts to join cancel campaigns) the way most of the livers who gave statements blamed Zaion.
As a part of Kotoka's membership I can verify what Bug Eater said. She was crying in her first stream and expressing regret that it ended the way it did.

On top of that, a member stream or two later, she reminisced about how she and Zaion would keep each other up at night so they could discuss future projects, or ramble about crazy ideas they had for the long term. It sounded a lot like Koto and Zaion were speaking to each other as friends from the jump. There's a bit more context too, because if you all remember, Kotoka was reeling from backlash for using 'retard' on stream and had to apologise herself, so there's also the possibility that her statement was more harsh because, if she publicly rambled about missing Zaion, she may also have been targeted by The Mob™ as someone who was just as 'problematic'. Keep in mind that this is a girl who still to this day thinks she did a good job hiding the fact she was Japanese until she announced it a month later.

So, if we assume there's a deep underlying meaning to who Sayu is and isn't subbed to, and she's most hurt by Kotoka's words because she was the closest, I hope Sayu also one day finds out that Koto misses her the most. Please understand that Koto is just a dumb gyaru trying her best.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
I have to come here and say :holohag::hololove:
Em-aVT1UUAU_AXt

of hags

Godfuckingdamnit

So, if we assume there's a deep underlying meaning to who Sayu is and isn't subbed to, and she's most hurt by Kotoka's words because she was the closest, I hope Sayu also one day finds out that Koto misses her the most. Please understand that Koto is just a dumb gyaru trying her best.
Speaking of Kotoka and assigning deeper meaning that may not exist to things, she was also the last one to delete Zaion from her channels page.
Hex and Ver deleted immediately, Melocco after a week or so, and then Doppio. Finally Koto took like a month after termination to remove Zaion.
I checked their channel pages every day or so out of curiosity.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Speaking of Kotoka and assigning deeper meaning that may not exist to things, she was also the last one to delete Zaion from her channels page.
Hex and Ver deleted immediately, Melocco after a week or so, and then Doppio. Finally Koto took like a month after termination to remove Zaion.
I checked their channel pages every day or so out of curiosity.
Highly suspect this amounts to nothing.
Hex and Ver jump on it melo doppio and koto probably forget to do it and get reminded by the managers.

Especially because spergs like us who will read into anything we can find

But that's no fun clearly everyone on that list is part of a not so secret clique group that has death matches against Elira's clique group how will NiniEN fair aginst JP without their top grappler tune in next week this SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Highly suspect this amounts to nothing.
Hex and Ver jump on it melo doppio and koto probably forget to do it and get reminded by the managers.

Especially because spergs like us who will read into anything we can find

But that's no fun clearly everyone on that list is part of a not so secret clique group that has death matches against Elira's clique group how will NiniEN fair aginst JP without their top grappler tune in next week this SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Memes aside, I do think Sayu just doesn't have any real sense of urgency with who she subs to and follows.

I checked her twitter and she follows Amelia, but someone mentioned she isn't subbed to her. She followed all of Luxiem at roughly the same, except for Shu who she followed much later. She followed Rosemi way before Petra but I didn't see Selen.

So yeah, I wouldn't put much stock into these things. Some of the older members still list Yugo in their subs for whatever reason. Kotoka seems to have a good relationship with her manager so maybe they just didn't pressure her to remove Zaion and she forgot. I don't know.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

False will be covering Sayu update

wew

Male hag love!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
did he just imply they only get 2% of sells from merch at niji? :zaionwhatsgoingon:
I guess

if true, evil shit. black company

Top Bottom