"I don't like to UberEATS much I find it a bit rude to eat Uber drivers"Aia Amare

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

niggaphil

did he just imply they only get 2% of sells from merch at niji? :zaionwhatsgoingon:
2%? That is absolutely fucked, and worst than superchat...... I hope this is not real, otherwise Niji could not recovered from ponchi/pyramid/black company image :whatastory:

Edit: To evaluate more, their merch are super meh, not creative enough to attract consumers to buy it. I don't know how they have the audacity could ask for 75 USD, and their talents only get 1 or 2 dollars

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker
did he just imply they only get 2% of sells from merch at niji? :zaionwhatsgoingon:
Jesus, that's criminal. Nijisanji really reminds me of an MLM from old Youtube in someways, promises a lot and then gives the bare minimum while trying to maximize the profit they can make out of their talents. It makes me wonder how superchat profits are split between the talents and the company, because I really want to know just how much of the money that Nijisanji makes is actually going to the talents and not the CEO's yacht fund.

wew

Male hag love!
He is now talking about how niji went after him again and threatened him :amepopcorn:
said it was indirect and was not very legal sounding and more than just him

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Honestly, the 2% metric is pretty worthless without knowing what they make off SCs and Members. They could get a much bigger cut there than Holomembers do. Also, does that count the digital merch, as well? Do they get paid extra or commission for voice scenarios? Like, basic-bitch acrylics is one thing, but is that for all merch or just the stuff they have no hand in making?

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker
He is now talking about how niji went after him again and threatened him :amepopcorn:
Apparently it was some indirect threat that involved someone else, which is scummy as hell.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Here's the clip where she lies to cover the genshin shit

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Honestly, the 2% metric is pretty worthless without knowing what they make off SCs and Members. They could get a much bigger cut there than Holomembers do. Also, does that count the digital merch, as well? Do they get paid extra or commission for voice scenarios? Like, basic-bitch acrylics is one thing, but is that for all merch or just the stuff they have no hand in making?
Voice packs have always been 50% according to basically every JP liver that has ever talked about it, and that makes up the overwhelming majority of merch they produce annually.

I have no doubt they make less on physical merch due to production costs, VAT, shipping, and how much input the individual members had on the creative process, but 2% feels awfully low.

I'm interested to know where he has pulled that from or who has told him because that number has never been made public. The closest we have gotten to the best of my memory is one JP member saying the cut on physical merch fluctuates.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I'm interested to know where he has pulled that from or who has told him because that number has never been made public. The closest we have gotten to the best of my memory is one JP member saying the cut on physical merch fluctuates.
He said he got told the initial number from a source, and he reached out to other sources to confirm. If we assume Zaion was at least one of those sources, and he's truthful, that means he actively engages with at least one member of Niji's staff.

God's Wingiest Winger

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Why even offer 2% if real? Doesn't that just create an accounting mess? Japan? Yellow tards doko?

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
said it was indirect and was not very legal sounding and more than just him
Wow what a nice Sponsorship with the Yakuza and the Chinese Triad
Apparently it was some indirect threat that involved someone else, which is scummy as hell.

:zaionwhatsgoingon:

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

2%? ARE THESE YELLOW MONKEYS TREATING THIS SHIT LIKE A FUCKING GACHA?
All things considered, Zaion would have probably been cool with that.

niggaphil

You know, the gacha addict mindset is very different:
1) They prefer to whale and risk for the 2% chances to get their husbando and waifus, but
2) They do not wish to earn 2% from the total renevue because it is too low and risky

For example, DSP decided to drop and shit on KEEMSTAR 5k USD offer, but he himself willing to make himself bankrupt and gacha for the sweaty man with sweaty pants jpg

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Crossposting this here, since it got brought up in this thread as well, but someone on /vt/ dug up a Mysta stream from a few months ago where he offhand said he gets only 1% on merch sales. Timestamped

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Low quality bait shitpost: Niji blocked Holo collabs in fear of the talents talking about income. Everything is falling apart because someone in Hololive said a decent chunk of their cut is from merch. Niji talents got confused and asked "You guys get cuts from merch?"

Can't say I know business but 2% sounds like a shitass number. However I'm going to need more than "I talked to a dude who is friends with a person to confirm" to follow that assumption. Maybe I've missed a few clips disussing this stuff (Even though I know most don't or limit it because it's bad business, especially regarding JP corpos) but it does make me wonder how different things are between the big two in that aspect.
A number of Niji's probably would make noticably more if they had a bigger cut of stuff like supas instead of merch so I wouldn't be shocked if that was an option they could take or something. Whereas I swear I remember someone in Holo mentioning that merch was their money maker and supas weren't even close. Keep thinking that was a Coco comment? Which might also mean to consider who it came from since she was one of their big sellers.

Hey you never know. Considering that some of these people apparently can't win the "new outfit" lottery for their life 2% might seem pretty good.

Since this popped up just while about to hit post:
Crossposting this here, since it got brought up in this thread as well, but someone on /vt/ dug up a Mysta stream from a few months ago where he offhand said he gets only 1% on merch sales. Timestamped

Alright well now it's certainly in the territory of I can believe it some more. It's kind of a joke but "Is it really?" type of comment from him.

niggaphil

Now it makes me wonder: Are different Niji branches receiving different % from the merch sales? Based on the Video of FalseEye and Mysta, it sounds really bad.
Some others pointed out earlier that the JP branch received more than 2%, and possibly more. I would like to see the video and evidences........ (please dont shitpost me that "go and find the video yourself", I am not gonna watch 190+ talents video to find the evidence, I rather spend times to watch Tenma)

Some people are discussing it on r/virtualyoutubers as well.
Just dived into reddit shithole, and found Pomu video as well:

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
There's a reason why the slaves talking amongst themselves is frowned upon by the overlords.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Some people are discussing it on r/virtualyoutubers as well.
For those averse to reddit, I'll toss in these two videos people linked about the discussion:
Pomu comment

Maria clip of similar

Interesting. Also someone pointing out how hard Holo talents tend to shill merch vs how Niji does seems to make sense to me too in this case.
Even PC tends to shill merch more than I think I've ever seen Niji do. (ADMITTEDLY I do watch more PC than NijiEn, so personal experience comment there.)

Edit reply:
I would like to make a rrat joke here: Phase Connects talents might be received more than 2% of revenue from their shitty coffee bean sales :Vesper-UNHINGED:
This is even funnier because Airi is CURRENTLY doing a goofy "Take over Phase Connect" stream where she's been talking about merch ideas and stuff lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom