"I don't wanna be a WEIRDO!"Pipkin Pippa

Nijisanji L Collection

VSoyBoy

I remember Doki had said she didn't want to mention that she tried commit a hero. Had Niji not tried to character assassinate her in the termination letter, Doki probably would not have said what she said.
It was possible that Selen wouldn't have posted her follow-up to the termination if it hadn't been a laundry list, or if she did, her follow-up would look worse against a singular valid point. I think it was the combo of the two that led to the blow up being as large as it was.
Hypotheticals from here on out, but what she really wanted is a graduation, not a termination. So I think while it may not have been as damning as what it turned out to be, she would have still made some kind of statement that would have included some combination of her sticking points and allegations. For example the silencing and bullying I think would have been mentioned In some way no matter how tame the termination. But I guess there is no way to know really.

Militante

Goes to show how important management really is... Holo was saved from sinking due to staff changes and Niji was brought down from their potential rise by staff changes.

What do you expect the management quality when they are paid less than flipping a fucking burger in USA? :dokiSmug:

Besides the manager's paygrade, it's also hard to overstate the difference in talent:manager ratio between the companies. Niji had something of a 5;1 or 7:1 (don't quote me on this, working off memory), while Holo is close to a 1:1 ratio, with new managers even being shuffled around to the talents that are easier to work with to get them onboarded.

Even if every niji had an underpaid intern, that would be better than the same intern managing multiple talents at once.

Kuri Rinji

Red Nousagi
One of the biggest copes coming from Nijisisters in the last few months since the infamous black screen stream and Tazumi's apology is that Anycolor has actually made significant internal changes to the managerial staff and it somehow shows in the behavior of their EN Livers.

In reality, jack shit has changed and these dummies keep getting one-guyed and reacting to obvious attempts at getting them mad left and right. They didn't learn any PR skills whatsoever and are just going about it the way they usually did.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
One of the biggest copes coming from Nijisisters in the last few months since the infamous black screen stream and Tazumi's apology is that Anycolor has actually made significant internal changes to the managerial staff and it somehow shows in the behavior of their EN Livers.

In reality, jack shit has changed and these dummies keep getting one-guyed and reacting to obvious attempts at getting them mad left and right. They didn't learn any PR skills whatsoever and are just going about it the way they usually did.
I've been putting myself through /vt/ lately just to read Nijisister bait threads, the closure of nyfco has made /vt/ like 30% more toxic and 50% more retarded (if such a thing is possible). They are so fucking mad at Holo lol, despite their misfortune being nothing but their own company's fault.

Now they act tough with their little concert by saying Connect the world 2 was cancelled... when it has never even been announced or promised. Inb4 btfo'd by new overseas concert with advent and EN4 reveal.

Last edited:

RiverBear

I've been putting myself through /vt/ lately just to read Nijisister bait threads, the closure of nyfco has made /vt/ like 30% more toxic and 50% more retarded (if such a thing is possible). They are so fucking mad at Holo lol, despite their misfortune being nothing but their own company's fault.

Now they act tough with their little concert by saying Connect the world 2 was cancelled... when it has never even been announced or promised. Inb4 btfo'd by new overseas concert with advent and EN4 reveal.
Pretty sure 80% of Nijisisters on /vt/ are just larpers hoping to get a reaction from people trying to get a reaction from the actual Nijisis

So basically it's just a chain of people pretending to be retarded so they can claim "I was only pretending to be retarded"

Nigel Nigerman

is the virtual reincarnation of George Floyd.

Whatchu think of the latest moves of NijiEN namely the Reddit cleanup, Selen's twitch now dead, the upcoming 3D concert in AX?

x Hades Stamps

As the proposer of the Harry rrat:
Nijisanji has always been hands off for their kaigai branches and let they do whatever they want (except for collabing with Hololive EN/Kson). NijiEN found success because anycolor didn't touched them. But it changed after anycolor saw how successful Luxiem was, and anycolor started micromanaging EN by bringing in Harry.
While the cracks of a dysfunctional community were always there, with people shittalking others behind their back, they were held on by incredibly people like Pomu & Nina who pasted the fragments of the company together into a complete picture. Luca was also actively holding it together as you can see Scarle coming onto him for advice (though his advice aren't from his own but from his mod). The place was clique-y but there is a still sense of unity. But we see what happened, as Nijisanji shirks more responsibility into their hands and people started openly backstab each other, enabled by the new management, they crumbled under the increasing pressure and left. Pomu, the one affiliating herself with the brand the most, was legit scarred by Harry & his goons.

Sayu was clearly micromanaged by Niji and every single tiny mistake of her result in stealth suspension, harry started wielding his authority around thinking he's the best businessman ever. And it probs the same case for everyone other talents. When there is that much of a big presence of control, creativity got stifled and it shows, nijisanji stopped being interesting. Except for Selen who fought against all odds and didn't give a fuck what Harry thinks.
How did holo not land a Harry? Pure luck and not nepotism I guess.

Tl;dr they always like this. Company was held back from explosion by incredible people, whom finally got crushed from too much responsibility and left.
And now that they’re gone, the building’s actively demolishing itself, so to speak.
What do you expect the management quality when they are paid less than flipping a fucking burger in USA? :dokiSmug:
Very, very, very, very bad

Even if he’s actually doing something, it doesn’t tend to happen within the span of two-to-three months. But fuck all is changing

Limkin

Niji EN fans never ever bothered with the obvious Luxiem favoritism thing
If you open random reddit posts around the time NijiEN was announced it was pretty much all "If they don't release boys I don't care". It's not like they don't notice blatant favoritism. They embrace it and want it and think this is how things should be, because ofc no one else but boys should matter. And then three full female gens were released, no wonder they shitted all over Ethyria at any opportunity
Do you know if there are any clips of her talking about this stuff?
No idea about clips, but I did full writeups of a lot of her streams with timestamps back in the days. Like this for example from July
She talks about attending meetings irl in Japan (which made zero sense back then but now it's most likely because she already overtook de facto manager position) and that she is hopeful she can finally chill in August. Although finding an actual stream would be tiresome because I am lazy and always forget to put links

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I never understood why Niji is the way it is. It just doesn't make sense to me why they are so self-destructive.
Were they always like this? How did nobody really bring it up for 5 years? Was all of their success just a fluke or genuine passion and hard work?
Why did EN take so long to implode if things were so horrible? Why did anyone in their right mind sign that contract?
Is Holo like this too? Is it possible to make a vtuber agency without being terrible? Why has nobody done it if so?
Who actually caused all of the issues? The talent? Management? The people at HQ? The suits? and why did it suddenly become worse? or was it always that bad?

Ever since all of the shit started coming out I feel like there is a lot of things we still don't know. Going "they're evil, that's it" does not satisfy me as a conclusion. There is this big disconnect between early Niji and current Niji, maybe there's a lot of things I can't connect to the puzzle because their JP branch never appealed to the west.

I understand Holo's fuck ups very well, they are logical and have plausible explanations. Coco was harassed and mismanaged, Rushia was menhera, Mel broke contract. Holo was very obviously going through growing pains in 2020-2021, and that led to a lot of incompetent/negligent handling of situations, that has since gotten better and is consistent with the agency's growth and number of employees. Niji just... had the world and then imploded, I feel like the root cause of the issues has never been actually revealed to us.
I'm wondering how much of Nijisanji's issues are inherent in its specific business model that aren't in other companies like Holo or Phase.

So, to start - Nijisanji wants to have lots of talents. There's some logic to this: more livers means you have talents targeting more niches. Presumably, a new viewer will find at least one Nijisanji talent that draws them in, and once they have someone, it isn't much of an ask for them to try out other talents in the company. Oh, and more talents means more chances for Nijisanji to find a breakout star and make bank off that. The downside of this strategy is that the large number of talents you have means there's going to be some cannibalism of audience between talents, especially if you don't give the talents time or resources to establish themselves before you're shipping out the next wave.

But talents still need the same amount of support, even if they're having their audience cannibalized by other Niji members and aren't getting all the money they could be if Nijisanji went tall (fewer talents with better numbers) rather than wide (more talents, smaller individual numbers). Talents still need managers to sort out game and music permissions, approve stream ideas, sort out merch and sponsorships and all that, especially if you want to be strict in terms of presenting an image like Nijisanji wants to do. So you have three apparent solutions to this problem, if you want to keep making the same revenue: 1) cut management salary, 2) increase how many talents a manager supports, or 3) cut down on the roles of management. Nijisanji does all three. The obvious happens: you have managers that are overworked, can't support the talents properly, and any quality manager that can goes elsewhere.

Now, managers can barely do their regular jobs, never mind long-term or difficult projects like organizing Live Concerts or events, or projects that talents want, like Pomu's "opportunity of a lifetime" that management couldn't support. They don't have the manpower. Talents get frustrated due to delays and lack of support. Stuff gets missed, morale worsens. If there are issues with the talents, management doesn't have time to deal with them, and if they do, they have a million other things to do and don't have the time to put in their full effort.

It's easy to see the downward spiral from there. A pity.

Top Bottom