"Hey guys, does anyone know how to get rid of a tulpa?"Juniper Actias

AkioAIR: Hiring a minor was only the tip of the mismanagement iceberg. How to destroy an agency in under 1 month.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
I've said it in the stream and I'll say it here again: You should contact Athy/Athena Nightingale and see if she wants her old model back. She's the one who busted this whole thing wide open.

EDIT: The Athena Nightingale IP and Persona was one that she developed herself and sold to AkioAir. She might still have some attachment to it.
If Athy wanted it she could crowdfund it herself. She'd only benefit from this arrangement if she needed a middleman. There are a number of reasons a middleman might benefit her (e.g. if @The Proctor can get a bulk discount and/or can afford the asking price sooner than she can), but if it happens that none of those reasons apply, making a gift out of it seems a bit weird.

Tangential: if she got the model and IP back, would she be able to contest the strike on her Palette cover if she wanted to?

If the assets/models belongs to his company then yes. He is retarded but probably not enough to forget to make the artists sign a contract giving up their rights to their art.
I mean its reasonable to ask for proof of ownership. Which is contract with artist.
Agreed. You don't want some artist showing up later with proof that they didn't actually give rights to their art to AkioAIR. Not least because you'd add yourself to the list of people AkioAIR has scammed.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Tangential: if she got the model and IP back, would she be able to contest the strike on her Palette cover if she wanted to?
Yes she will.
With company liquidation, she now can contest it if she coperate with the artist and have enough proof that jason don't own full rights and only rented the model.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Agreed. You don't want some artist showing up later with proof that they didn't actually give rights to their art to AkioAIR. Not least because you'd add yourself to the list of people AkioAIR has scammed.
I mean, yeah. Obviously you should ask for proof it belongs to them and it isnt specific to AkioAIR. You should ask proof whenever you buying from someone online.

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Honestly I would avoid it. He has scammed his talent and he will just scam you. Your money is best spent elsewhere.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Even if not a scam if it were me I would not want to give these people money.

It remains possible to buy fully built models directly from model creators, even for "cheap" sometimes. I don't see many good reasons to chase these models in particular. Shopping artists also strikes me as a better spend especially since I doubt AA will offer properly discounted prices at first.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Does any vtuber actually skinwalk with someone's old model? We had that three-talent corp in the Phillipines that had someone replace an old model (with had a bunch of changes to not look entirely the same) and that corp later collapsed and doesn't exist any more (at least partially due to the drama of one talent being replaced), but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.
Lumi that one time.:SelenHAHAhere:
Lumi did, its one of her funnier war crimes.
Fuck clock me.

@The Proctor What you should do depends on the price if it's cheap make an offer if nothing else you could probably resell them to people here or elsewhere for cheap and still make a tiny profit.

if it's expensive take some screenshots and report back here so we can all have a giggle.

if it includes the old used models you could try to get in contact with the remaining girls assuming they still want to stream and give them an offer.

If it's the unaired Gen then as above pass them out cheap to people here you make a few bucks for site costs and they don't have to shop around for overpriced riggers.

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Honestly no matter what you do this just smells like dumb drama.

Using the models for anything other than giving them to their original roommates will cause drama (skinwalking is a taboo and those same girls may do a stupid and call you out), and even if you do give them back it isn't totally certain that any of them will want to be associated with akio anymore.

Unless they were never used this is akin to desecrating a corpse. Nothing good will come out of it.

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Honestly no matter what you do this just smells like dumb drama.

Using the models for anything other than giving them to their original roommates will cause drama (skinwalking is a taboo and those same girls may do a stupid and call you out), and even if you do give them back it isn't totally certain that any of them will want to be associated with akio anymore.

Unless they were never used this is akin to desecrating a corpse. Nothing good will come out of it.
One of the girls involved has already said she has no interest in reacquiring her former model. If Proctor asks first and the former "actress" gives the ok, who cares? He's already said he won't adopt the model as a new persona. Vtuber models aren't the real person, they aren't a corpse, and there's some interesting potential in the idea of picking one up. There's some cursed potential in there too, but that might also be an instructive or entertaining experience/stream whatever.

Besides, if it wasn't for pompous British academics desecrating corpses we wouldn't have modern medicine, so who are we to deny the local Proctor his dead body? :smugmoona:

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
One of the girls involved has already said she has no interest in reacquiring her former model. If Proctor asks first and the former "actress" gives the ok, who cares? He's already said he won't adopt the model as a new persona. Vtuber models aren't the real person, they aren't a corpse, and there's some interesting potential in the idea of picking one up. There's some cursed potential in there too, but that might also be an instructive or entertaining experience/stream whatever.

Besides, if it wasn't for pompous British academics desecrating corpses we wouldn't have modern medicine, so who are we to deny the local Proctor his dead body? :smugmoona:
This taboo exists so companies can't replace the VAs and fuck them over, and also somewhat so people can't impersonate others.

I'm just saying that if he does go through then expect some backlash.

frz

This taboo exists so companies can't replace the VAs and fuck them over, and also somewhat so people can't impersonate others.

I'm just saying that if he does go through then expect some backlash.
I think none of his current audience would give a shit
He's a small time streamer streaming for fun (I hope) and the drama content already antagonize 90% of the vtubing community alone without the extra controversies anyway
But knowing jason it wouldn't be cheap.

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
So has anything come of the "purchase akio's dead models" email, for those of us not in the discord? Weird overpriced offers, e-mails from related chuubas, complete radio silence, etc?

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
So has anything come of the "purchase akio's dead models" email, for those of us not in the discord? Weird overpriced offers, e-mails from related chuubas, complete radio silence, etc?
Proctor has been hard at work cranking to lolis and morbidly obese women, nothing will come of it.
Also known as playing rimworld...

Last edited:
Top Bottom