"Chat, Hitler did nothing wrong (bass drop)"Filian

AkioAIR: Hiring a minor was only the tip of the mismanagement iceberg. How to destroy an agency in under 1 month.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Offer a ham sandwich? Not sure what could honestly be done with them, but the irrational collector in me would just enjoy having random models that are retired.

God's Strongest Wardog

░Y░a░m░a░n░b░a░I░N░B░I░O░
Does any vtuber actually skinwalk with someone's old model? We had that three-talent corp in the Phillipines that had someone replace an old model (with had a bunch of changes to not look entirely the same) and that corp later collapsed and doesn't exist any more (at least partially due to the drama of one talent being replaced), but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.
Lumi did, its one of her funnier war crimes.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Actually, extracting the rigging and having a baseline attachable model and then offering it for either sale or free to use might be interesting.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
If you aren't planning on buying one of these models and giving it to the former talent with no strings attached I don't really know what good could come from this. Ultimately though I think this is a pointless line of discussion because you just know these people are going to overvalue their assets and turn their nose up at anything short of a small fortune.

Cubanodun

Herald of the first of many
I would never use any of these. Seriously. But part of my brain feels there is some kind of potential here, I just don't know what.
ProctorAir (with no minors involved this time)

We cant let Flork get all the glory

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
If you are going to buy one of them and not use it in any way then the best option would be to have it just for historical reasons
So everyone never forgets what this shitty company did

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Actually, extracting the rigging and having a baseline attachable model and then offering it for either sale or free to use might be interesting.
Depending on how good the rigging for Akio Air was, this is a really cool idea. Maybe dissect it on stream and then donate it to vtuber studio or something, let the 2 views learn from it.
If you aren't planning on buying one of these models and giving it to the former talent with no strings attached I don't really know what good could come from this. Ultimately though I think this is a pointless line of discussion because you just know these people are going to overvalue their assets and turn their nose up at anything short of a small fortune.
Eh, no harm in making an offer. Proctor is one of the few people who could very feasibly purchase one of these without too much fuss according to their stated criteria, and if they are overpricing them or whatever that's also good info to have (and laugh at them for).

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
I would never use any of these. Seriously. But part of my brain feels there is some kind of potential here, I just don't know what.
Are you going to groom someone on the groomcord into skinwalking AkioAir's talents and rename them "Virtual Asylum Idols"? :dokiSmug:

In all seriousness if you can snag some models with rigging for like $200 apiece it may be worth it for the lulz. Just keep in mind that dropping that money on cans of baked beans probably has a faster ROI than buying literally who vtuber models from a failed corpo

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
buy the fluffiest model and save it for your ideal grooming target.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I have legit question. Does he even own full rights to sell?

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I have legit question. Does he even own full rights to sell?
If the assets/models belongs to his company then yes. He is retarded but probably not enough to forget to make the artists sign a contract giving up their rights to their art.

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
If the assets/models belongs to his company then yes. He is retarded but probably not enough to forget to make the artists sign a contract giving up their rights to their art.
Wanna bet?

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Does any vtuber actually skinwalk with someone's old model? We had that three-talent corp in the Phillipines that had someone replace an old model (with had a bunch of changes to not look entirely the same) and that corp later collapsed and doesn't exist any more (at least partially due to the drama of one talent being replaced), but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.
Aside from Lumis April Fools stream last year, the closest I can think of is the couple of vtubers using Minnas model with one being a recolor but her model's public domain.

As for the topic at hand I say the boss should go for it and inquire. If it's out of his budget then so be it, but knowing the asking price would be cool to know. Also, if he's feeling really adventurous, he could aquire the assests and then try to hire back the talents under his own banner similar to what happens in wrestling.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
If you've got the money to spare, and don't mind potentially (likely) wasting it, go for it.

God's Strongest Wardog

░Y░a░m░a░n░b░a░I░N░B░I░O░

Panopticon

Resident Lovebug
I've said it in the stream and I'll say it here again: You should contact Athy/Athena Nightingale and see if she wants her old model back. She's the one who busted this whole thing wide open.

EDIT: The Athena Nightingale IP and Persona was one that she developed herself and sold to AkioAir. She might still have some attachment to it.

Last edited:

niggaphil

You asked them about the model price first. Then I will use my super chink language to ask and bargain for the price

I am definitely sure they will SCAM you with unreasonable price because you are BRITBONG femboy (usually they will sell it cheaper in TWD than USD). :dokiSmug:

RiverBear

Buy them all obviously

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
If you can buy the full rights for a model, or several models to use, you could actually release it for free for anyone to use. Make it open source. Like, if you're just starting as a vtuber, here's a free professional-level model, and you can add your own touches, change the colour of a few things like hair and skin and clothes and make it yours. If the choice as a starting vtuber was one of the cheap default models (like the original neuro-sama) or this, I'd at least consider this (if I were female).

The value that comes from this is being able to associate your name and/or the site's name to the models as something for the community. Whether that's worth the price of a model is a difficult question, but I'd at least send the DM to ask for the price and see if people in the community might be interested in such an option.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I mean its reasonable to ask for proof of ownership. Which is contract with artist.

Top Bottom