"Uh huh, oh yeah, this is all my fault, right, gaslighting is the victim's fault, okay, gotchoo!"Hakos Baelz

Pochi Calls Out Idol Corp

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I've always thought the upper tier of donothon goals that Idol had were unrealistic. So many of these would require a substantial amount of time investment and resources from the talent that wouldn't be worth the money gained. Visual novels, books and plushies shouldn't be something you can just put on a donothon. The opportunity cost from talent is way too much.

It's hard to tell who is really at fault here though. My condolences to Pochi fans for their upcoming talent termination.
I'm pretty sure the talents are the ones that think of the rewards, so if anything it would be their fault for picking rewards that take that much effort. as for idol they seem to just accept things the talents offer and not think if it's worth it or not, so mismanagement and talents being stupid.

God's Fattest Moojisan

Don't watch Vtubers, do hard drugs. Better for you

Archive

Thanks, Gabe.

God, it's gonna be so funny if it turns out they were all just Tomer's harem this whole time. I have no idea how Aviel'd be able to unwrangle that.

1000003240.jpg

hylic

I'm pretty sure the talents are the ones that think of the rewards, so if anything it would be their fault for picking rewards that take that much effort. as for idol they seem to just accept things the talents offer and not think if it's worth it or not, so mismanagement and talents being stupid.
If Pochi thought she could get donothon rewards while expecting Idol to front the cost of donothon rewards and not have the company breathing down her neck asking where the work is, she was in the wrong.

rrat.PNG

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Well that's an interesting twist. I sort of expected to see more shit on Idol's end after Riro but a lot of the commentary does seem to show a resonable doubt to Pochi's setup. We'll see where mr CEO man stands with whatever statement gets made. Honestly seems like it could be funny either way: Mr jew ceo either looks like an asshat for all his "we are better than other corpos cause transperancy and contracts whatever" before shit starts catching fire. Or the woman has to desperately flail around trying to prove her claims she flung out of nowhere.

We might finally have Mikeneko at home!

silentcouch

Pochi made a callout post about Idol.

Archive

Google Doc link
(Archive, .pdf version attached)

Main points of contention appear to be: interactions with "Mr. Man" (presumably Aviel), not receiving her donothon cash.

Disclosure: I know very little about Pochi/Fen's on or off-stream personality. I have no idea how reliable of a narrator she is, and at the time of writing these are currently one-sided allegations which may or may not be true. Idol Corp can be found on X here, and the CEO, Aviel Basin, can be found here. If he/the company choose to respond, it is likely to be on one of these two accounts.

I haven't caught up to this development at all, I know there was a rift that sparked upon riro's termination. It only makes sense for the girls to feel uneasy with their management giving the termination letter that riro received. I will perhaps edit this comment or reply a new once I catch up to the thread but I have to imagine her continued absence despite a 2nd donothon would likely indicate there is some sort of turmoil between her and management (regardless of who is right or wrong.)

x Hades Stamps

As someone who knew her as Fen, I’m not inclined to believe there’s any wrongdoing on her part (not without cold, hard evidence). Doesn’t seem like the company’s horrible, either. Not until she announced her intentions to graduate to the company. After that, it seems to spiral into the Hotel California

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
that paragraph where she talks about her mental state reads like the most manipulative shit she could write. It could've been written by rushia :Vesper-UNHINGED:
From the little I followed pochi she seemed a very chill gamer but it did jump at me how she got a complete rework of her character while other girls got dick, so she might've been a discord kitten of that dude they fired. I think everyone saw how head jew truly is when he threw riro into the woodchipper the way he did, it wouldn't surprise me if he pulls a niji because HOW CAN A GOY DARE TRY TO SCAM ME??? :Mumei-REE:
Either way I'll look forward to the idol implosion soon.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I haven't caught up to this development at all, I know there was a rift that sparked upon riro's termination. It only makes sense for the girls to feel uneasy with their management giving the termination letter that riro received. I will perhaps edit this comment or reply a new once I catch up to the thread but I have to imagine her continued absence despite a 2nd donothon would likely indicate there is some sort of turmoil between her and management (regardless of who is right or wrong.)
There's no doubt at all that Riro's termination hurt the internal company culture, and I'd guess it was a rude awakening to the other girls that the company isn't always going to have their best interests in mind. It sounds obvious saying it like that, but several months of semi-formal friendly pleasantries from management could easily blind them to the fact that, under their contract, Noseberg could 100% ruin their lives if he chose to.

The missing puzzle piece I'd love to find out about but we probably won't see is how Yuko's extended break played into all of this. She definitely seemed to have one foot out the door for a while with her completely restructuring her PL in that time, only to drop all that and go back to her Idol persona with that big filter stream.

she got a complete rework of her character while other girls got dick
Literally :smugpipi:

x Hades Stamps

The missing puzzle piece I'd love to find out about but we probably won't see is how Yuko's extended break played into all of this. She definitely seemed to have one foot out the door for a while with her completely restructuring her PL in that time, only to drop all that and go back to her Idol persona with that big filter stream.
She’s actually been slightly active as Rye as recently as 5 days ago

Hff201

Early Adopter
She’s actually been slightly active as Rye as recently as 5 days ago
She's been tweeting and done a couple of very casual nothing-streams, but during the break she seemed to be building up to streaming fairly regularly as Rye, which hasn't surfaced.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
So, Pochi retarded for donothon nonsense, Idol retarded for not having management go "You won't be able to do that, do something else.", and Pochi again retarded when she's surprised she's expected to actually fulfill her obligations?

Not sure whether to cut Pochi some slack because the money is kind of required to fulfill her donothon goals, so no shit withholding it will slow those down, or cutting Idol some slack depending on Pochi's track record in the past.
I don't pay attention to her or Idol much, so I can't form much of an opinion until Aviel/Idol responds in whatever way they do.

What I will say is that maybe instead of running his digital mouth about what he believes vtuber agencies should be doing, he should sit down and be more worried about what's going on within Idol.
My only issue with him, but it's a major one, yeah.

Cover doesn't smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, it just shows you what they have to offer and works on itself.

Phase doesn't smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, it just shows you what they have to offer and works on itself.

Vshojo used to smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, got shit for it, and eventually stopped that shit.

Even fucking Anycolor doesn't smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, they leave that to the Nijisisters.

Something Aviel should consider.

silentcouch

She's been tweeting and done a couple of very casual nothing-streams, but during the break she seemed to be building up to streaming fairly regularly as Rye, which hasn't surfaced.
From what I have observed she uses the Rye account when drunk tweeting or doesn't feel like streaming with mic on. As for
There's no doubt at all that Riro's termination hurt the internal company culture, and I'd guess it was a rude awakening to the other girls that the company isn't always going to have their best interests in mind. It sounds obvious saying it like that, but several months of semi-formal friendly pleasantries from management could easily blind them to the fact that, under their contract, Noseberg could 100% ruin their lives if he chose to.

Literally :smugpipi:
Yuko's extended break happened initially post-riro termination iirc, and post brave announcement. I doubt the break was just for a personal journey of discovery, as she did say she enjoyed the content (and DL'd local copies of) that she immediately nuked upon return which alienated her hardcore fans. Also to clarify something, I don't think "lewdish" content is dead in Idol as it seems fine for other members afaik.
Yuko has a donothon goal of a childrens book after all, so I'd heavily suspect that had a huge part in her decision to delete GFE content. (Though I have not watched any of her content post announcement comeback, so idk if she still plays up comments she used to or disregards them these days)

I know some other girls have been active sometimes but Fuyo seems to be the same as always just that she had major room construction and seems to have an exit strategy in case everything falls apart - - - yet she seems very content as she is. She is a hard worker though, as proven by her recent cover where she drew all related MV images for Cirno's math class. Menace/coni seemed to always be somewhat active, the other's are very infrequent if at all to my knowledge

I suspect we will have a white background black letters soon enough though, despite the fact it is a horrible time for them if they want further teasing IdolES or EN3.
Or who knows, maybe we see Aviel admit incompetance and apologize in a very formal manner to Pochi. That'd be probably less entertaining but, still interesting imo.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Cover doesn't smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, it just shows you what they have to offer and works on itself.

Phase doesn't smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, it just shows you what they have to offer and works on itself.

Vshojo used to smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, got shit for it, and eventually stopped that shit.

Even fucking Anycolor doesn't smugly talk about how much better they are than other corps, they leave that to the Nijisisters.

ProjectF also smugly talked how much better than other corps they will be.... MANY. SUCH. CASES!

God's Strongest Wardog

Fauna made 30k on Coinflip

fipet11842

I think this will be a test case of my theory about vtuber businesses maturation, i.e. setting up business processes. NijiEN + Idol posting twitter firings with extreme levels of detail about why they graduated(fired) a talent are extremely unprofessional and no mature business handles things that way. Idol's response here will pave the way for their representation of their business. If they go the wamen route and post extreme levels of detail I would consider their business as dead. If you post Hololive level details of "Mel did some shit and unfortunately we had to term her :((((" then you're good.

Punitive terms in documents for individuals are extremely whack.

As is telling someone you will or are paying them, then not paying them, then giving the runaround about their pay, or if withholding is justified, having two parts of the business not talking to each other about that. Or really any of that section, if you're going to fuck around with money the right hand needs to know what the left hand is doing. Idol can't be that big of an organization. It reeks of unprofessionalism.
This is speculation. Personally from my experience I doubt it's a left hand vs right hand situation. It's a PR situation of public vs internal information disclosure. Obviously from inexperienced PR folks as any external information (e.g. telling someone external that dono activities are being worked on) is fucking stupid.
But they're Jews. They want the best of both sides so they will bullshit both sides, that's it. Tell one side that they'll totally give them their money if they do the work, and the other side that the work is already being done.
That said, doing a "i will do some work in the future-o-thon" and then going MIA afterwards is definitely a wamen moment. Good luck dipshit.

Hff201

Early Adopter
My only issue with him, but it's a major one, yeah.

The "transparency" act he really, really likes to flaunt is a big part of this.

"Transparency" is a corporate buzzword that amounts to selectively presenting specific facts to build a desirable public image. This works as it's intended to court mostly young talent with little business experience who will take offers like a higher revenue percentage or having their expenses covered at face value - even if those offers don't hold up to deeper scrutiny. 60% revenue plus free video games sounds great, but Hololive's ~50% and paying for expenses out of pocket still lets the talent take home much more cash, since the company opened earlier and earnt itself a mostly organic reputation that guarantees higher viewcounts and donations.

Look at what they leave out of these PR statements and ask why they're not advertising those factors as heavily. Why aren't they being "transparent" about high-quality, one-to-one management? Because they're understaffed. Why aren't they "transparent" about the company and fanbase culture? Because while Hololive, Phase, and even tiny corpos like Kawaii have found comfortable niches (idol performances/chaotic "sad girls"/GFE respectively), Idol still feel like they're in the "throwing ideas around to see what sticks" phase. Why aren't they "transparent" about their approach to resolving conflict? Because they thot patrol you in front of millions of people.

I've given Idol the benefit of the doubt for a long time but the more these problems crop up, the more Aviel comes off as a slimy, fake individual. You can get away with masturbatory blog posts when you're doing well, but hyping yourself up like that means you have further to fall - and Riro's termination, Yuko seeming disenfranchised for a while, and this shitshow have built up a lot of downward momentum.

EDIT: Oh shit, they might actually be doing the my Idol family <3<3<3 thing...

Archive

This seems especially sus, coming from the boss's missus.

Archive

Probably meaningless, but Mitty (Fuyo's alt) follows this person. /jidf/ are saying he's Fuyo's boyfriend, but also... it's /jidf/.

Last edited:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Hope Yellow Fishjew knows how to handles matter better
After Yagoo, Sakana is unironically the best chuuba company/organization CEO.

Please commence with the Agree, Horrifying, Thunkful, or Winner reacts as this registers in your brain.

Nigel Nigerman

is the virtual reincarnation of George Floyd.
After Yagoo, Sakana is unironically the best chuuba company/organization CEO.

Please commence with the Agree, Horrifying, Thunkful, or Winner reacts as this registers in your brain.
You deserve a Nolan just for that.
:crushface::crushautistic:

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
Who could have predicted that a jewish ran corp would be ran in ways that are deceptive and have unhappy talent, this is unprecedented. Not saying I believe her but I believe them less because common sense.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
If Pochi thought she could get donothon rewards while expecting Idol to front the cost of donothon rewards and not have the company breathing down her neck asking where the work is, she was in the wrong.

That write-up seems to forget that everyone was with one foot outside the door after the Riro incident, that (mandated?) silence made everyone nervous, Coni unprivated old Megnace ASMR and redesigned her character to relevancy again, and seems to still have plans (I couldn't find the meltdown tweet maybe she deleted).

I believe it, but there's holes there. I also believe Pochi is being a bit desperate for money for another reason but that's within rrat territory, it's just my intuition. :baeJam:

Top Bottom