"thhrang is a very, very good boy"The Proctor

Pochi Calls Out Idol Corp

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I really wonder if all of these "blacklists" (which I totally believe exist btw, women loooove that shit) are more of clique shit between groups of rando indies and the small corpos they've infested or if it actually is industry-wide. I have never heard of the big corpos caring about any of this unless it involves actual big drama or a bad exit like Sayu shit, imagine if a person the twitter whores didn't like getting into Holo? Kek, I'd actually love to see that, a lot of people who don't matter whatsoever in this industry seem to have gotten egos too big for their heads.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I really wonder if all of these "blacklists" (which I totally believe exist btw, women loooove that shit) are more of clique shit between groups of rando indies and the small corpos they've infested or if it actually is industry-wide. I have never heard of the big corpos caring about any of this unless it involves actual big drama or a bad exit like Sayu shit, imagine if a person the twitter whores didn't like getting into Holo? Kek, I'd actually love to see that, a lot of people who don't matter whatsoever in this industry seem to have gotten egos too big for their heads.
i doubt said lists are industry wide just twittardwide at most along with certain terminally online catering to retards insistence that certain people must be blacklisted I believe Kirsche experienced the latter deserved or not.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I have never heard of the big corpos caring about any of this unless it involves actual big drama or a bad exit like Sayu shit

The talents all come from the same places. They all share backgrounds and used to hang out in the Discords, forums, social groups, VR chat lobbies, etc. Unless they literally NEVER streamed before then there's a 95% chance they know at least half the 3view population out there. Even Hololive ID & JP isn't immune; bilingual talents like Risu and Coco used to read 4chan and almost certainly similar female-focused spaces. All they need to do is say 'I won't collaborate with that person over there, and nobody else in my group should either' and that is effectively equivalent to a blacklist. You don't need there to be an official list for this all to function.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
All they need to do is say 'I won't collaborate with that person over there, and nobody else in my group should either' and that is effectively equivalent to a blacklist. You don't need there to be an official list for this all to function.
This is witch-hunting, always assume ignorance before malice. Just because people don't Collab doesn't mean they hate each other.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
This is witch-hunting, always assume ignorance before malice. Just because people don't Collab doesn't mean they hate each other.

Counterpoint: THEY'RE FUCKING WOMEN, YOU MORON.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
The talents all come from the same places. They all share backgrounds and used to hang out in the Discords, forums, social groups, VR chat lobbies, etc. Unless they literally NEVER streamed before then there's a 95% chance they know at least half the 3view population out there. Even Hololive ID & JP isn't immune; bilingual talents like Risu and Coco used to read 4chan and almost certainly similar female-focused spaces. All they need to do is say 'I won't collaborate with that person over there, and nobody else in my group should either' and that is effectively equivalent to a blacklist. You don't need there to be an official list for this all to function.
doesnt this rely on big companies being retarded and falling to nepo drama if people go "wink wink nudge nudge dont hire this bitch"
i can see it happening with Niji and it probably did, but some of the larger corpos seemingly have very little nepo going on unless everyone acktually knew each other (at most, Ina and Sana come to mind with Holo) unless this is more sekrit knowledge you want to vaugepost about

you may be a giga janny but ultimately you, i and literally every other poster is just a random femboy online, many are not going to be convinced without reciepts

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
can see it happening with Niji and it probably did, but some of the larger corpos seemingly have very little nepo going on, unless this is more sekrit knowledge you want to vaugepost about

If you're talking about Hololive... do I really need to bring up all the PL relationships between a decent chunk of the EN talents? I can't even recall half of them right now, but Sana and Ina instantly spring to mind. This isn't vagueposting of any kind, I'm simply saying the pattern is there, and pretty obvious from where I'm standing.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Counterpoint: THEY FUCKING WOMEN, YOU MORON.
:pankosmug:
My guy do you realize you are asking me to assume the worst of people who you have no proof are engaging in foul play, while further up this very thread you shot back at people doing the very same thing to a talent you like?

I'm not gonna prod you further, this argument is gay as hell.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
If you're talking about Hololive... do I really need to bring up all the PL relationships between a decent chunk of the EN talents? I can't even recall half of them right now, but Sana and Ina instantly spring to mind. This isn't vagueposting of any kind, I'm sorry saying the pattern is there, and pretty obvious from where I'm standing.
i edited my post to include Sana and Ina, but i earnestly cant think of many before, unless you want to count some more broadly connected individuals like Soya, Yuniho, etc
you keep posting like a fucking woman without reciepts and we mostly all come from a culture that more often than not calls fake and gay whenever people dont bother to archive or elaborate further

From what i can gather going "well maybe but i dunoo" is something Hexa did and pretty much everyone heavily disliked what she did, you going on and on about something big going on and still implying the possiblity that not everything is sunshine and rainbows, as many should more viably expect, is gay
Either archivepost with reciepts or nut up and keep it under wraps without vaugeposting, its really fucking homosexual

when/if the modern vtubing world finally collapses because Mori raped Kiara and Ina in a dingy Dallas apartment and you knew since 2020 then you can go be smug, but otherwise people are just going to keep calling you a fag

Last edited:

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Counterpoint: THEY'RE FUCKING WOMEN, YOU MORON.
alternatively can't this be spun the other way? Why wouldn't mentally ill women (99.999% of vtubers) lie?

"They're all out to get me, they have a giant clique and seek to blacklist me between their friends and colleagues! No, I don't have receipts, just believe me!"

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
My guy do you realize you are asking me to assume the worst of people who you have no proof are engaging in foul play, while further up this very thread you shot back at people doing the very same thing to a talent you like?

I'm not asking you to assume that every single weird incident that doesn't have an immediate explanation is the result of something like this. All I'm trying to do is explain the very rational incentives and pre-existing ties needed for this kind of behavior to happen, and happen quite frequently. We are talking about an industry that very, very, very directly and implicitly encourages acting like a mean girl to get ahead. People like Metokur said it best; there are no friends in content creation. At the end of the day, everyone is in competition. It is less dramatic at high levels where it's unlikely that a collab will destroy one party or the other's finances when their whales decide they like the other girl more than the one they currently do, but it's still a reasonable concern that anyone with greater than room-temp IQ will consider.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Person with "Insider Information" in various industries:

Video games - poster with insider information tells you what games are going to be announced before they're announced
Politics - poster with insider information tells you what political plays and policies are going to happen before they occur
Vtubing - poster with insider information tells you nothing before it happens.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I'm not asking you to assume that every single weird incident that doesn't have an immediate explanation is the result of something like this. All I'm trying to do is explain the very rational incentives and pre-existing ties needed for this kind of behavior to happen, and happen quite frequently. We are talking about an industry that very, very, very directly and implicitly encourages acting like a mean girl to get ahead. People like Metokur said it best; there are no friends in content creation. At the end of the day, everyone is in competition. It is less dramatic at high levels where it's unlikely that a collab will destroy one party or the other's finances when their whales decide they like the other girl more than the one they currently do, but it's still a reasonable concern that anyone with greater than room-temp IQ will consider.
You keep talking about the possibilities as if most drama-fag savvy individuals arent keenly aware that the online content creation world is full of two-faced backstabbing snakes, i can assume that most people who come from the kiwi or even more twitter/chan culture are very much aware but are also either not wanting to act without information or simply dont care enough about the various chinese whispers going on about in a very catty culture

Helkar

Just because people don't Collab doesn't mean they hate each other.
Hey remember how Doki and Mint didn't interact for a while and people thought they hated each other, when they were, in fact, just two morons who were each too scared to be the first one to reach out. Just as an obvious example.

Overall, there's certainly a lot going on behind the scenes of this industry, sure, but as a regular viewer without high-quality, trustworhy sources, one'll never be able to piece the puzzle together, and speculating on what little data we do get is only productive to a certain extent.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Can we change this threads name to Proctor has a Woman Moment?

God's Strongest Dragoon

- Pochi doing another donothon
I for one hope she keeps doing them so we can start using them as a calendar tracking system. Kind of like how in Game of Thrones, they'll say "he's seen X winters".

bothyourhouses

If not, then she's essentially killed her career and fanbase.
Because the people who've supported her through 3 undelivered donothons with vague excuses are totally going to turn on her after she fails to deliver on the 4th one? Lol. In ten years' time Proctor will be vagueposting about how his secret sources tell us she had very good reasons for not fulfilling her 14 previous donothons and she's just a poor unlucky girl, the 15th donothon is totally legit.
imagine if a person the twitter whores didn't like getting into Holo?
Depending on which Twitter clique you mean, hasn't this already happened?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Not to defend Proctor but he's right about one thing: the scene is highly incestuous. Other indies told me the same, that everyone was jumbled together in the same space in the early days of 2017/2018, where 300ccv was the upper tier for the genre and many, many people walked on eggshells or appeased to the "top bitches" to stay in the game. It's more nuanced than what he puts out, but you can have good people conniving with the mean bitches, and mean bitches exploring or "blacklisting" competitors or people they just didn't like.
I don't think Geega would ever talk about it, but she was one of the main characters of that era of EN vtubing, she does this shit for almost a decade.
With whom?
Probably Yuniiho (now Raora)? I don't know who would hate her, but I can see it. She was just a tard drawing hot women and getting thousands of dollars for existing, it might strike envy from the lower caste.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Probably Yuniiho (now Raora)? I don't know who would hate her, but I can see it. She was just a tard drawing hot women and getting thousands of dollars for existing, it might strike envy from the lower caste.
They can seethe as much as they fucking want, Holo viewers outnumber indies and their bullshit 10000 to 1, let them try to fuck with a talent to see what happens to them.

Top Bottom