"I'm not like other girls, I'm worse"Enna Alouette

Pochi Calls Out Idol Corp

bothyourhouses

They can seethe as much as they fucking want, Holo viewers outnumber indies and their bullshit 10000 to 1, let them try to fuck with a talent to see what happens to them.
Exactly. Which is why nothing ever broke containment. Bullies generally have a keen sense of who they can and can't fuck with.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
They can seethe as much as they fucking want, Holo viewers outnumber indies and their bullshit 10000 to 1, let them try to fuck with a talent to see what happens to them.
They won't do anything, they'll tweet congratulating them and then all go and shit themselves in anger together in group VC.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
People should be aware of 1 thing, Idol was NEVER meant to be successful, Aviel just wanted to pull a silicon valley but somehow ended being a B tier corpo and he went "what the fuck what im going to do now", you could literally see him crumbling irl after fumbling Yuko, Pochi and Riro, when the partnership with Brave hit he started bitching to people that he was not going to sell, internal problems keep popping out and he was just gaining time to exit and make all this shit Brave problem while he pocket the money, expect seeing his nose as a "consultant" somewhere bragging he was the CEO of Idol

Man pulled a crypto scam with vtubers and got away with it

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
People should be aware of 1 thing, Idol was NEVER meant to be successful, Aviel just wanted to pull a silicon valley but somehow ended being a B tier corpo and he went "what the fuck what im going to do now", you could literally see him crumbling irl after fumbling Yuko, Pochi and Riro, when the partnership with Brave hit he started bitching to people that he was not going to sell, internal problems keep popping out and he was just gaining time to exit and make all this shit Brave problem while he pocket the money, expect seeing his nose as a "consultant" somewhere bragging he was the CEO of Idol

If you're persuaded to employ Aviel on the basis of him being the CEO of Idol you deserve whatever is coming to you.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
If you're persuaded to employ Aviel on the basis of him being the CEO of Idol you deserve whatever is coming to you.
Look at Anilive if you want a example, Captain was the CEO of PRISM, pulled a exit when Sony bought it only to make a lame clone of IRIAM just because he believed Youtube and Twitch was beneath him and somehow he got investors for his little scam

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I really wonder if all of these "blacklists" (which I totally believe exist btw, women loooove that shit) are more of clique shit between groups of rando indies and the small corpos they've infested or if it actually is industry-wide. I have never heard of the big corpos caring about any of this unless it involves actual big drama or a bad exit like Sayu shit, imagine if a person the twitter whores didn't like getting into Holo? Kek, I'd actually love to see that, a lot of people who don't matter whatsoever in this industry seem to have gotten egos too big for their heads.
The talents all come from the same places. They all share backgrounds and used to hang out in the Discords, forums, social groups, VR chat lobbies, etc. Unless they literally NEVER streamed before then there's a 95% chance they know at least half the 3view population out there. Even Hololive ID & JP isn't immune; bilingual talents like Risu and Coco used to read 4chan and almost certainly similar female-focused spaces. All they need to do is say 'I won't collaborate with that person over there, and nobody else in my group should either' and that is effectively equivalent to a blacklist. You don't need there to be an official list for this all to function.
I think the bigger factor to consider here is that blacklisting (either formal shared blacklists between industry peers, or informal gossip-turned-policy situations, which are likely much more common) have no moral motivation despite being framed as such, and instead exist for a) assumed PR risks, and b) convenience.

To use Sayu as an example, I doubt the big players who refuse to associate with her are actually upset by the things she's said and done (since anyone with a functional brain can see a mile off that she's harmless) - but they don't want to deal with the baggage that comes from working with her. They do not want every post about the event they invite her to to be drowned by 16-year-olds "voicing concerns" about her edgy jokes. They do not want to open their email every morning to another """journalist""" asking them for comment about the latest Nijisanji controversy that's been manufactured for views. They do not want tourists showing up to their stream chats, trying to bait them into taking a hard stance on her drama. These are the kinds of things that people are probably warning each other about behind-the-scenes, that result in a kind of unwritten blacklist.

I don't know exactly how this would apply to something like Hololive since I'd assume they're big enough for whiny twitter nonsense to bounce off them, but the vtuber orbiter influencers are much more prominent now than they were a few years ago. If Mori were currently an indie vtuber then a bunch of the normie fleshtubers who're two degrees of separation at most from Ollie and Flayon would probably have already made videos and tweets calling her racist; I don't know if Cover'd care that much about it, but I'd guarantee they'd pay more attention in that situation than back in 2020 when her loudest detractors were just weird anons. At the very least, I could see "someone warned me about this person" being the tiebreaker between two equally-fitting candidates during talent recruitment, which, while not technically a blacklist, still involves someone being disadvantaged because others around them created smoke where there is no fire.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think the bigger factor to consider here is that blacklisting (either formal shared blacklists between industry peers, or informal gossip-turned-policy situations, which are likely much more common) have no moral motivation despite being framed as such, and instead exist for a) assumed PR risks, and b) convenience.

To use Sayu as an example, I doubt the big players who refuse to associate with her are actually upset by the things she's said and done (since anyone with a functional brain can see a mile off that she's harmless) - but they don't want to deal with the baggage that comes from working with her. They do not want every post about the event they invite her to to be drowned by 16-year-olds "voicing concerns" about her edgy jokes. They do not want to open their email every morning to another """journalist""" asking them for comment about the latest Nijisanji controversy that's been manufactured for views. They do not want tourists showing up to their stream chats, trying to bait them into taking a hard stance on her drama. These are the kinds of things that people are probably warning each other about behind-the-scenes, that result in a kind of unwritten blacklist.

I don't know exactly how this would apply to something like Hololive since I'd assume they're big enough for whiny twitter nonsense to bounce off them, but the vtuber orbiter influencers are much more prominent now than they were a few years ago. If Mori were currently an indie vtuber then a bunch of the normie fleshtubers who're two degrees of separation at most from Ollie and Flayon would probably have already made videos and tweets calling her racist; I don't know if Cover'd care that much about it, but I'd guarantee they'd pay more attention in that situation than back in 2020 when her loudest detractors were just weird anons. At the very least, I could see "someone warned me about this person" being the tiebreaker between two equally-fitting candidates during talent recruitment, which, while not technically a blacklist, still involves someone being disadvantaged because others around them created smoke where there is no fire.
Holo gets judged for anything and everything they do no matter how much of a nothingburger it is, any perceived issue with the company creates discussion. Walling themselves off and collabing with the least outsiders possible is just the best, safest strategy. Holo doesn't need the rest of the industry anyways, they could never interact with an outside talent ever again and still be popular, the fans certainly don't give a shit.

It sounds like some egotistical smug thing to say but I genuinely believe it's a good thing, if Holo doesn't need the rest of the industry then they can't cling onto its success to survive and have to keep up, indies can have as many drama slapfights as they want, micro corpos can blow up as many times as they want, but the industry won't topple entirely as long as someone is keeping up the pace. Niji toppling was a huge loss imo, it makes the industry less competitive and less prestigious, why do you want to rise to the top when the people there are as bad as what you get at the bottom?

Helkar

It sounds like some egotistical smug thing to say but I genuinely believe it's a good thing
I mean, it's good for Holo, i'm not sure if it's good for everyone else. And even for Holo, complete lack of any competition for many years to come is decently likely to result in them getting lax and more complacent.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Holo doesn't need the rest of the industry anyways, they could never interact with an outside talent ever again and still be popular, the fans certainly don't give a shit.
Holo has effectively built up their own cast of characters to keep the show running and keep it interesting. Even on just the EN side of things, you've got a whole bunch of people and HoloID is often thrown in with them for an even larger count of people.

Multi-day/stream events like ENrico are incredibly important to keeping the energy high for the fans by giving them little events to look forward to, less they wander off the reserve like a bunch of them did during the 2022 era.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Aviel basically confirmed this with his "My first sell!" post, of course, but you have to wonder how nuts he was to start it since when he launched Idol, Brave wasn't exactly talked about as... existing, really. He might've considered Sony a potential buyer, I guess?

What I'm saying is, Aviel took a pretty crazy risk with his scheme. Starting with HE to boot, which basically no one outside /jidf/ cared about.

httn

Hag enthusiast
What I'm saying is, Aviel took a pretty crazy risk with his scheme. Starting with HE to boot, which basically no one outside /jidf/ cared about.
I always assumed HE was a scam for government grants tbh.

Its nothing but a Rrat but my thoughts are:
  1. Aviel funded HE out of pocket with cheaper models and assets.
  2. Picks up some kind of grant from Israeli gov for producing content in Hebrew
  3. Spends the grant money to fund Idol's pivot to NA. Where the real cash is.
I have no actual idea if this happened but Aviel's spending always felt way too generous for a Jew.

Top Bottom