"...s-shut up flat-chested bear... shut up flat-chested bear, work on your boobs if anything"Chisaka Airi

Holofes 5 - Capture the Moment

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I kinda disappeared from here when I realized I couldn't possibly keep up with a live thread this fast alongside /hlgg/ so instead I kinda just resolved myself to just finishing watching the rest of it on my own. OPINIONS INBOUND:
What does /vt/ think of the concert? Probably bitching about every little detail?

Negzana

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
What does /vt/ think of the concert? Probably bitching about every little detail?
On the contrary - /vt/ was uniformally hype and positive about HoloFes this year. Bae was the only thing anybody took issue with, and even then it was mostly just one problem in a huge exciting event.
Usually the party poopers are the Niji fans but they've been so thoroughly laughed out of the board that they had no foothold this year.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter

Biboo: I want Choco's chest!
Me, remembering Kanata doing the New Years Medley: :kiaragodno:

No time to take singing lessons, too busy shit posting

Task force time to move out, eliminate target Ri- oh right, this is Hololive. Deez Nuts jokes aren't point 12 in a 30 point bullet list of evils.

Reskimming through the performances and rambled musings:
-It's been said numerous times but Marine/Kanata was even better than I remembered.
-Kiara's gonna Kiara over it most likely but she should actually be real proud of herself for the show she put on.
-Flare might not be the most flashy but she's always a great performance.
-Aki always a star. The Duo with Choco amazing.
-Hag Lion love. So much improvement for her over time.
-Doog is doog. 11/10, does doog things.
--Together Hags strong. God that was an adorable duo. ^
-Lui on point
-I'm throwing more respect on the candy princess for her choice of Goddish.
--Which was ALSO a baller duo. ^
-Mio always delivers without fail. Hag wolf LOVE.
-Strongest Idol Haachama still manages to show up and kill a quick solo. There can be only one.
-Shuba absolutely unmatched with on stage energy. Cannot convince me otherwise.
-And Kronii because I absolutely would never have expected anything about that performance from her. Song choice, energy, all in on the cute, everything was pleasantly surprising.

Honestly I feel like the only things worth whining about at all are the order they did some things which isn't on the talents. A couple of odd pacing problems with song order (Bae into Chloe was certainly a decision, especially with quite a few other chill performances on this stage) and the weird MCs at the end were a bit odd. Camera work always has some moments and a few models/clipping issues.
Far as the talents go though I have literally nothing to call out.

Last edited:

Negzana

No time to take singing lessons, too busy shit posting

It's a shame that she's like this. Probably one of the largest self-inflicted wastes of talent potential in Hololive. She has topped #1 in my ranking for every single Holofes performance aside for maybe 2022 where Shallys came close.

On the contrary - /vt/ was uniformally hype and positive about HoloFes this year. Bae was the only thing anybody took issue with, and even then it was mostly just one problem in a huge exciting event.
Usually the party poopers are the Niji fans but they've been so thoroughly laughed out of the board that they had no foothold this year.

It's weird to see Bae's performance get so divisive. I thought it was amazing.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I slept like shit and will definitely be chugging caffeine later but man, I'm still feeling some of that residual excitement from last night :pomuLove:
78459235.jpg
8476922.jpg

It's crazy to think that we still have more to go. The HoneyWorks groups should already be decided since the album put them into pairs/triads, but the potential Stage 2 groups are powerful:
23625.png

Imagine something like AZKi Mumei (@Pioneer would die from hype), Ollie Miko Ame? Roboco Okayu? Towa LaPlus for the oshi-simp duo? There's so many possibilities, not to mention how amazing the solo performances are gonna be.

I already know Towa's gonna fuck me up. I'm hoping she sings Cry Out because it's the perfect concert song and will set the crowd on fire, but any song she picks is gonna be phenomenal.

Negzana

After this the last event I will give much attention to is Kaela's anniversary. Then I have 2 months to not worry about any major streams for a while until Aki's 6th Anniversary.

When does the whole Holosummer event begin? July?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
It's weird to see Bae's performance get so divisive. I thought it was amazing.
If the only retards who disliked it were out of /vt/, I'd consider that a win. Everyone knows they are uncultered retards and they already dislike her because she collabs with males, who gives a shit what they think. I have only seen positive things about it elsewhere. She also consciously chose that performance knowing it could have flopped and said as such on multiple occasions.

The unique performances and moments are what people remember the most out of these big events. It is why things like Suisei with Shiraken, Korone's oddball song choices, etc., and now this will never be forgotten and always at the forefront of people's minds when people talk about Fes.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Curious how Aki convinced management to do Shallys a third time
its a banger each time
I will never tire of Shallys
Hachaama the madlad just announced that she is going on a trip an therefore is taking a break.
She literally did the "shows up, refuses to elaborate (somewhat), leaves" meme
strongest Idol does not fuck around

After falling asleep a few hours after Stage 2, I just have to say that I am really proud of being a Holofan.
And I really really cant wait for Kiara to release her new song, I was stun locked by her performance.
From what I can gather, her performance did quite a number on the Council Twitter lesbians :kaelalaugh:
Even if, while everyone did great, the big stand-out to me on Stage one, a few hours after the show now, its still Risu.
I keep replaying it in my head. Same for Haachama and Stage 2, that is the one that really went into my brain and wont come out just yet.

Had tons of fun. I am really interested in how I will like the Honeyworks collab stage, because usually I am not that big on generic Idol songs, but the Kiara Kobo collab sounds really promising
And ofc can't wait for Suiseis vocals to kill me on stage 3

collected random images of the Expo while the Pre-show was running, just gonna dump them here idk

I didnt really follow at all what the boys were doing but apparently M&G went well

JP bros discover PekoMiko in the recreation of Marines room and celebrate

thank you Ame gosling

Kanata drew on her standee

Last edited:

Negzana

2024 is looking to be a shitshow on a world scale. If Holofes 2024 is the last fun memory before WWIII then so be it.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Pioneer

Imagine something like AZKi Mumei (@Pioneer would die from hype)
:shubaIapprob: I don't think it will ever happen but damn, it would be incredible. AZKi Towa is also a pairing I would love to see.

I won't have time to watch the last hour live so I really hope she will be in the first 1h30.

tgmslc

/vt/ almost entirely pro-Hololive hype. Niji fans have been taking massive L after massive L lately so they seem to be lying low for right now. That, or maybe the financial report & meeting transcript combined with radio silence from the biggest NijiEN talents finally killed the Nijisanji Defense Force.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
If I have a coin for everytime an ex-liver tweet about holofes and refuse to even acknowledge petra 3D existing. I'd have 2 coins. Did their NDA entails not allowed to interact with pre-graduated livers or talk about them no matter what?
The exit contract that presumably they all signed if they weren't terminated stipulates that you cannot talk about Anycolor or their talents in any capacity they don't exist to you in public

Can I request these stage 2 performances from anyone?
Kronii solo
TimeRyS
Lui Solo
IRyS Solo
Haachama solo
Kaela Solo
Deathsheep
Calli Solo

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
image.png

Calli calmly telling everyone that the exit's that way after her solo.

image.png

Luna telling her audience after her solo to use their brain once in a while.

image.png

"Yo this edible aint shi-" Kronii, Holofes 2024

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I only finished stage 1 day 1, what's the total duration of holofes is it like 2 hour 30 x 4 stages. There's so much to consume
Also jesus 88 page

unrelated stuff, meanwhile someone is fangirling.

If I have a coin for everytime an ex-liver tweet about holofes and refuse to even acknowledge petra 3D existing. I'd have 2 coins. Did their NDA entails not allowed to interact with pre-graduated livers or talk about them no matter what?

Really cute to see her gushing out like this.

Im taking a small nap soon-ish and waking up at 11 EST before it starts.

okmangeez

Love me some Zeta.

Her performance was a blast yesterday, and now I have Ame's performance to look forward to today. Hopefully I can stay awake, cause I slept at 6 am last night and I'm feeling groggy as shit lol.

Attachments

• 10391209.png
    10391209.png
    430.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 1231889.png
    1231889.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 16

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Well no HoloHoney for me LOL
But i will stay for the free part :) and then later comeback for Stage 3 :D

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Both her and Calli complained because they didn't know the songs would be played by a house band rather than the original tracks, and as such they would have picked different songs if they had known. Or at least that's the story they both tell.
They gotta change that story, FES has had a live band for the past 2 years. (always?) This is the biggest event Holo throws; they're not going to skimp on the music. Why would they think otherwise?
Random semi-related question, how does the live band sync up with the recorded dances?

They don't have to pay any fees to perform it. That really helps matters. It's also not the most complex song from the backing band's view, so works as a bit of a "Cover Classic", cheap and give the band a bit of an easy piece in the middle of a set.
They can also "spice" it up a little, using different instrumentals then prior performances. It's probably how Aki keeps getting the green light for Shallys; and it wouldn't surprise me if the changes were her idea.

Negzana

They gotta change that story, FES has had a live band for the past 2 years. (always?) This is the biggest event Holo throws; they're not going to skimp on the music. Why would they think otherwise?
Random semi-related question, how does the live band sync up with the recorded dances?

They can also "spice" it up a little, using different instrumentals then prior performances. It's probably how Aki keeps getting the green light for Shallys; and it wouldn't surprise me if the changes were her idea.
I never really delved deep to it but even rewatching it her 2022 Shallys is still her best rendition for me. I wonder if it was the instrumentation they did for it.

It's a shame Aki isn't part of the Honeyworks stage. At least there's still Watame, Lui, and Suisei.

Last edited:
Top Bottom