"Any food that's over $20 is wasted on Pippa"Kevin 'Sakana' Li
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Connect the World: Hololive English 1st Concert

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
So if we know the songs are prerecorded and only the MC are live, why Bae mention in her zatsu at 28:46 that she loved performing live? Is it kayfabe? Especially the part at the end when she mention would love to do a real live in the future, so didn't she just contradict herself?
I think she meant specifically doing a birthday live or solo live with the stuff at the end.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Finally it downloaded (7 hours). Gofile (like more other websites) blocked in my country and my vpn, for some reason, did not give me a normal speed.
About concert - it amazing.:shubaIapprob: And if I had the opportunity, I would definitely buy myself a ticket. But unfortunately I had neither the physical (world payment systems blocked) nor the financial (i'm just quit my black company work) ability to buy a ticket.
I was acutally about to upload the torrent to nyaa, but it popped up on holopirates lol.

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
As always, Imma wait on Kiara to maybe spill the beans. Her stream is in 22 hours.

Let's see if Kiara spills the beans on En3 or if its A new Vsinger.

One thing I will note, I don't think live events like these are great places to reveal new songs. It would be one thing if they announced they were new songs before they played, but Gura and Kronii's performance didn't have nearly the same energy as the other ones because no one knew wtf they were singing lol.
I completely agree with you on this. Moona did it the best for 3rd Fes. She released High Tide on February and about 2-3 weeks later she performed it and it was possibly one of the best performances on that live.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

So if we know the songs are prerecorded and only the MC are live, why Bae mention in her zatsu at 28:46 that she loved performing live? Is it kayfabe? Especially the part at the end when she mention would love to do a real live in the future, so didn't she just contradict herself?

The performances are "live" in and of the fact they're mostly not edited amalgams of the best bits of practice. Also, and this is a trick in a number of fields, it's likely the 3D studio has a chunk of staff sitting there. Even if they're staff, 20 randos sitting and watching you perform is really different than doing singing in a booth.

It's also likely they did a lot of the performances in sequence, but I think in 2 parts. There's enough of "these members are in Japan at the same time" stuff, you could probably piece together when they were doing the final capture work for the songs.

The MC bits are a little different. I was looking at the production companies in the end credits (one of the main ones I couldn't actually find any English references to), and one of them was a remote 3D Vtuber/VR capture provider that also has a business level service. It's actually possible some of those MC segments were both Live & Remote. I don't think most of them were, but they've done some actual live MC stuff at HoloFes before. It's fascinating where the tech is getting.

mismatch

The performances are "live" in and of the fact they're mostly not edited amalgams of the best bits of practice. Also, and this is a trick in a number of fields, it's likely the 3D studio has a chunk of staff sitting there. Even if they're staff, 20 randos sitting and watching you perform is really different than doing singing in a booth.

It's also likely they did a lot of the performances in sequence, but I think in 2 parts. There's enough of "these members are in Japan at the same time" stuff, you could probably piece together when they were doing the final capture work for the songs.

The MC bits are a little different. I was looking at the production companies in the end credits (one of the main ones I couldn't actually find any English references to), and one of them was a remote 3D Vtuber/VR capture provider that also has a business level service. It's actually possible some of those MC segments were both Live & Remote. I don't think most of them were, but they've done some actual live MC stuff at HoloFes before. It's fascinating where the tech is getting.
Yeah, for the Fes it was clear that the MCs were live, because the overseas members that had MC segments were the exact same ones that flew out to JP for the Fes. No such distinction for Connect. If any of the connect ones were live, then they probably need to do a better job at integrating them.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Yeah, for the Fes it was clear that the MCs were live, because the overseas members that had MC segments were the exact same ones that flew out to JP for the Fes. No such distinction for Connect. If any of the connect ones were live, then they probably need to do a better job at integrating them.
Even the better MC's like Kiara had ackward pauses between where they thought the fans would stop and where they continued their talking. TBH, I was pretty happy with the MC segments as I can only imagine how difficult it would be to time the fan interaction bits. It's a pretty hard job, even simple things like Ame's call and response can go wrong if you don't prime the audience

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Even the better MC's like Kiara had ackward pauses between where they thought the fans would stop and where they continued their talking. TBH, I was pretty happy with the MC segments as I can only imagine how difficult it would be to time the fan interaction bits. It's a pretty hard job, even simple things like Ame's call and response can go wrong if you don't prime the audience
I thought they did a great job with the MCs, despite being pre-recorded. Honestly, the only major complaint I have about the concert is the camera work. It absolutely does the girls an injustice.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
I thought they did a great job with the MCs, despite being pre-recorded. Honestly, the only major complaint I have about the concert is the camera work. It absolutely does the girls an injustice.
Yeah, the camera had some more immersive elements then other concerts but there are way too many switches to see their dancing. I think as a western audience member I might be spoiled by the quality of directing for live shows. Is camera work bad for other JP shows and concerts?

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Yeah, the camera had some more immersive elements then other concerts but there are way too many switches to see their dancing. I think as a western audience member I might be spoiled by the quality of directing for live shows. Is camera work bad for other JP shows and concerts?
Camera work for 4th fes was similarly pretty bad, but I think this concert is actually worse, somehow.

Negzana

Camera work for 4th fes was similarly pretty bad, but I think this concert is actually worse, somehow.
I don't have much to compare, but I do remember the camera work for Holofes 3 was amazing and 4 was a step down (Even if crowd cheering allowed helped the presence.) I don't know what exactly they changed.

Prudent Lurker

From what I've gathered we've apparently missed several parts of Bae and Kronii's choreography, a sick guitar jump from Calli and Kiara's entire dance break in Non-Fiction.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
From what I've gathered we've apparently missed several parts of Bae and Kronii's choreography, a sick guitar jump from Calli and Kiara's entire dance break in Non-Fiction.
I haven't watched the whole thing, yet, but the stuff I have watched (mostly Bae's dance) was really bad. Hopefully they do a survey like they did with 4th fes, people really need to bring it up again.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I haven't watched the whole thing, yet, but the stuff I have watched (mostly Bae's dance) was really bad. Hopefully they do a survey like they did with 4th fes, people really need to bring it up again.
I survey was sent out a couple of days ago to the people that bought the streamed version.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I survey was sent out a couple of days ago to the people that bought the streamed version.
Anyone who bought the SPWN version needs to watch this and just realize how bad they screwed over the streaming viewers and do the survey that got sent out:
Speaking of piracy, this would be a good pick to archive as there's no way it will stay up. I don't have yt archiving set up unfortunately. Has all the crowd noise and dances that the SPWN camera missed. I really like how Non-Fiction looks zoomed out.

e: Will note this video is missing SPARKS, Gravity, and part of Ghost.

Even the giant screens to the left and right of the stage had way better camera work than SPWN.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Anyone who bought the SPWN version needs to watch this and just realize how bad they screwed over the streaming viewers and do the survey that got sent out:

Even the giant screens to the left and right of the stage had way better camera work than SPWN.
Yeah, I was trying to look at the side screens whenever I could see them on the live stream.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Upload of that youtube video before Cover finds and nukes it

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Watching the updated version of the concert with the better camera job and it is indeed LEAGUES better

Psycho choreo popped the fuck off when I could actually see it

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Watching the updated version of the concert with the better camera job and it is indeed LEAGUES better

Psycho choreo popped the fuck off when I could actually see it
This reminded me I had it downloaded and to go back and watch, thanks. I think they actually censored Bae flipping off the audience lmao.

foto_no_exif (11).jpg

They were zoomed out during that part in the original broadcast, so you couldn't see it, but she is supposed to be flipping everyone the double birds here.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This reminded me I had it downloaded and to go back and watch, thanks. I think they actually censored Bae flipping off the audience lmao.

View attachment 39608

They were zoomed out during that part in the original broadcast, so you couldn't see it, but she is supposed to be flipping everyone the double birds here.
Control your surrogate daughter ratisama.

Top Bottom