"I didn't go to my class reunion; Everyone is working for hedge funds, Goldman Sachs, crazy stuff, while I'm out here... like this! ahHaHAHAHAha"Amanogawa Shiina

Breaking Dimensions: Hololive English 2nd Concert

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Bae usually has a couple mistakes in her performances, according to her. Whether they do "final recording" or actual live performances, it doesn't really matter, tbh. Recorded or not, the shit they do is impressive as fuck.

They clearly have a Concert Day and they structure the studio time around that. They actually don't have the time to do a bunch of retakes. Given the calibration/setup time, I imagine each Day of the Concert ate up all 3 studios that Cover has for the full day. It might have actually taken 3 full Studio Days to capture everything, plus everyone at some point had to do their segment of the group songs.

What they don't do is spend 2+ weeks fine tuning every detail of the render and audio. But they've clearly had more & more members at the sites for these events. Which has to have some reasoning, as a huge chunk were in New York for the concert. I.e. everyone that had an MC segment. So at least that stuff appears to now be done relative near the location/day of.

I think it's most likely that all the performances are recorded well in advance, but along the lines of this:

Sure, they'll do a retake if something catastrophic happens like they trip and fall down or completely forget a part, but I don't think they are recording over and over looking for the perfect run. I don't think any of the concert performances (outside of solo-lives) are live, isn't there always that cope that 'live' in Japan just means 'concert' and not 'live'?

It's really just a question of how much they're doing in Real-Time or near Real-time at this point. I don't think Cover will ever do an actually full "Live" event, but they seem to be working up to doing an actual real-time song or segment that isn't just an MC. I think they plan to keep expanding what they do at the events, and it has just become more noticeable that it isn't just them replaying a fully done concert from weeks before. They're expanding the Live part of "Live Production", it's just an interesting open question of where they plan to take it.

It clicked what they might be doing. They do the MC segments in the morning AT the venue. They can setup a fairly solid capture system that let's the members move around the stage itself. It makes the on-stage positioning far more natural, let's the talents being Idols on stage and let's them address any issues that might crop up in a full Real-Time capture.

Last edited:

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
Sure, they'll do a retake if something catastrophic happens like they trip and fall down
Poor La+ got her fail recorded for all eternity then

God's Strongest Dragoon

La+: You guys are surely going to edit that out right?
Staff: lol. lmao even.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I am almost certain MCs are live, anyway. That's why you get errors like Ollie losing her head and oopsies like La+ falling.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I am almost certain MCs are live, anyway. That's why you get errors like Ollie losing her head and oopsies like La+ falling.
It was indeed live
Failling wasnt part of any script :laplusgun:

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
They timed the crowd reactions extremely well if they weren't live.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Yes, to clarify I specifically meant no live *song and dance* performances. Most MC's are live (the ones that aren't are usually super obvious).
edit: and to clarify further, I meant this for normal group concerts (or birthday/anniversary lives). Solo-lives are actually live.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
The only things that seems to be entirely live seem to be Solo Lives, even the singing.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Lap is unique. If she was stressed she would be privating more videos, I really like that she can laugh at herself. The MC section was live but I hope that even if it wasn't she would keep it. Still waiting for Ayame x Lap valo stream.

Watching the new hololive enigmatic streams I can't wait for a Raora MC. She's too funny and rolls with jokes no matter how tired or unfunny they are (Italian). I kinda envy pink dog enjoyers but that's selfish considering I got my GGN wish.

The only song and dance issue for a live that I know of was Sora preforming first in the new studio. They had audio issues and she had to sing with messed up feedback. It's my sincere wish that Sora somehow inclines beyond 10m, singing at all the venues she dreams about. She's been laying dormant, hiding her true powerlevel. Right!?

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
@JellyKusa don't you dare lesbian post :laplusgun:
I have yet to watch the concert
:pippasadl:
who was lezzing who? (I assume Kiara or Nerissa or both was involved)

assorted lesbians for your viewing pleasure below (all canon and real frfr)

you are all welcome

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
It was indeed live
Failling wasnt part of any script :laplusgun:
You're probably right, but it's funnier to imagine they did like eighteen takes of her falling over, until it was just right.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Stand back, guys, I'm gonna longpost!

Well, tomorrow, anyway. I am probably just gonna pass out soon, but I want to write my thoughts on the whole weekend: World Tour, BD day 1&2, and the hololive ANYC panels.
Tomorrow took a lot longer than expected:

World Tour:
If they have to go West again next year, I really hope they don't choose LA again. NYC has its problems, but I'd still rather it be here than LA again. LA is a literal dump.

We didn't meet up, just so everyone is aware. At least, I didn't with any of them. I still value my opsec enough that I don't wanna make it easy for people.
:BijouBijou:

I was gonna save this for a long post tomorrow, but whatever. It really sucks, especially with how stacked the lineup is and the baller the setlist was:
Setlist:
  • All - Seishun Archive
  • Bae - RxRxR
  • Ina - Meconopsis
  • Kiara - Sleep Talking
  • MC - Bae, Ina, Kiara
  • Ina, Azki, Watame - Stardust Song
  • Moona - Deja Vu
  • Kobo - Help
  • MC - Moona, Kobo
  • Watame - What An Amazing Swing
  • Azki - Intersection
  • Bae, Kiara, Moona and Kobo - Do U
  • MC - Watame, Azki
  • Kiara, Kobo - Ichinichi Hero
  • Watame, Bae - COLOUR
  • Ina, Azki, Moona - Story time
  • All - SSS
Seishun Archive was a great opener and then it went right into RxRxR and then banger after banger from there. The group songs, especially were fucking amazing. DO U with Bae and Kiara dancing together plus Moona and Kobo was absolute Cinema that probably rivaled the High Tide performance from tonight.

The performance of Stardust Song and Story Time were also amazing with Ina getting a lot of Suisei's parts in the song. It is really a goddamn shame that no one can see it who wasn't there and no one can see it again.

When I said that no one can see it again, I mean it, too. Each city has a totally different setlist.

Justice Panel and FubuMio Panel:
These were my first experiences with proper panels for holo and they were a ton of fun. I really enjoyed the audience interactions the most.

The Justice girls sold themselves well, as expected. What stuck out the most from their panel was Maddie's part in it when she was chosen to go up as part of the audience interactions, another girl going up and saying how much she loved Holo and wanted to get in one day, and one of Raora's quiz questions asking what her blasphemous method of making cereal was.

The FubuMio panel was, of course, totally blessed. Foobs goofing around with a cutout of Yagoo over her model plus her Fubenglish was great, as was Mio's singing and poor attempts at understanding and speaking English (they had interpreters, but the quiz section was them figuring out matching English phrases for Japanese phrases). Of course, the general banter with the audience and each other was the highlight.

Breaking Dimensions:
This was definitely better than CTW in almost every way, except theater capacity.

Day 1:
  • In general, the one thing I noticed with the VOD of day 1 is the sound levels seemed... bad. I don't know if this is the case for SPWN, too, but the one I downloaded from Streaming+ seemed out of whack.
  • IRyS' Carbonated Love - This was a great solo opener song and her choreo was perfect for the song. I think IRyS' choreo is generally in the top half, but doesn't get much recognition because the top half has people like Kiara and Bae in it.
  • Shiori singing Mili was a pleasant surprise to me. Her voice and singing abilities go well with the band, especially that song.
  • Moona, Ina, Gura, Suisei Bibbideba - People went absolutelt ballistic for this song, as expected. Day 1 it is harder to hear the audience, but some songs people just went crazy with, this was one of them. Every time Suisei showed up or sang, people cheered lol. Everyone loves the comet!
  • Kiara's Pineapple - Great choice for a concert. The audience knew exactly when to yell during the song, which are the most fun songs to have, imo.
  • IRyS and Suisei's MC was probably the best of the day. The two go great together and Suisei's passion English is always fun.
  • Kobo, Kronii, Korone HELP!! - Like Pineapple, another great audience song. The audience errupting with a loud "HELP" during the chorus was great.
  • Gura World is Mine - Notable because the audience went crazy.
  • Calli, IRyS, Bae, Bijou Blue Clapper - Another perfect group song. Blue Clapper is already one of hololive's best songs and these four did an amazing job with it. If CHAD cast every comes back (COPE), I hope they add Bijou to it. She's always great with the other three.

Day 2:
  • Day 1 was fucking amazing, and day 2 went to another level above that. This day was so disgustingly stacked and hype, it wasn't funny.
  • Bae GEKIRIN - Another solid opening song choice. Bae's dancing was insane this time, she somehow keeps upping her game every time. I am surprised they are able to get some of the smaller movements on her body to show so well. RAT LOVE.
  • Ame Mogu Mogu Yummy - From Bae straight into Ame doing Okayu's GOAT continued the hype. Everyone ate it up. AME CUTE.
  • Korone, Kobo, FWMC Doggy God's Street - Another audience favorite. They nailed this one.
  • Calli, Kiara Fire N Ice - The hype for this song was insane. Basically the perfect duo song for a concert and I am glad these chose to do it for BD. They are awesome together and their choreo was cool as hell.
  • Moona, Bae, IRyS, Suisei High Tide - I can't really say anything about this that hasn't been said. This lineup is completely stacked and this song was the premiere performance of the concert for me.
  • Calli Go-Getters - People love the wigger, man. Just like last year with Wanted, Wasted, the adience hype was on another level with this song from the rest of the solo performances.
  • Ame, Gura IDOL - Regardless of what you feel about this song, AmeSame performing it after High Tide and Go-Getters was a continuation of the hype from Calli and the audience ate it up.

All-in-all, CTW left me wanting more and feeling unsatisfied. BD was far more fufilling and felt like it made the whole trip more than worth it. I hope they can keep up this energy next time.

Not-Username

Tomorrow took a lot longer than expected:

World Tour:

Justice Panel and FubuMio Panel:

These were my first experiences with proper panels for holo and they were a ton of fun. I really enjoyed the audience interactions the most.

The Justice girls sold themselves well, as expected. What stuck out the most from their panel was Maddie's part in it when she was chosen to go up as part of the audience interactions, another girl going up and saying how much she loved Holo and wanted to get in one day, and one of Raora's quiz questions asking what her blasphemous method of making cereal was.

The FubuMio panel was, of course, totally blessed. Foobs goofing around with a cutout of Yagoo over her model plus her Fubenglish was great, as was Mio's singing and poor attempts at understanding and speaking English (they had interpreters, but the quiz section was them figuring out matching English phrases for Japanese phrases). Of course, the general banter with the audience and each other was the highlight.

Breaking Dimensions:
This was definitely better than CTW in almost every way, except theater capacity.

Day 1:
  • In general, the one thing I noticed with the VOD of day 1 is the sound levels seemed... bad. I don't know if this is the case for SPWN, too, but the one I downloaded from Streaming+ seemed out of whack.
  • IRyS' Carbonated Love - This was a great solo opener song and her choreo was perfect for the song. I think IRyS' choreo is generally in the top half, but doesn't get much recognition because the top half has people like Kiara and Bae in it.
  • Shiori singing Mili was a pleasant surprise to me. Her voice and singing abilities go well with the band, especially that song.
  • Moona, Ina, Gura, Suisei Bibbideba - People went absolutelt ballistic for this song, as expected. Day 1 it is harder to hear the audience, but some songs people just went crazy with, this was one of them. Every time Suisei showed up or sang, people cheered lol. Everyone loves the comet!
  • Kiara's Pineapple - Great choice for a concert. The audience knew exactly when to yell during the song, which are the most fun songs to have, imo.
  • IRyS and Suisei's MC was probably the best of the day. The two go great together and Suisei's passion English is always fun.
  • Kobo, Kronii, Korone HELP!! - Like Pineapple, another great audience song. The audience errupting with a loud "HELP" during the chorus was great.
  • Gura World is Mine - Notable because the audience went crazy.
  • Calli, IRyS, Bae, Bijou Blue Clapper - Another perfect group song. Blue Clapper is already one of hololive's best songs and these four did an amazing job with it. If CHAD cast every comes back (COPE), I hope they add Bijou to it. She's always great with the other three.

Day 2:
  • Day 1 was fucking amazing, and day 2 went to another level above that. This day was so disgustingly stacked and hype, it wasn't funny.
  • Bae GEKIRIN - Another solid opening song choice. Bae's dancing was insane this time, she somehow keeps upping her game every time. I am surprised they are able to get some of the smaller movements on her body to show so well. RAT LOVE.
  • Ame Mogu Mogu Yummy - From Bae straight into Ame doing Okayu's GOAT continued the hype. Everyone ate it up. AME CUTE.
  • Korone, Kobo, FWMC Doggy God's Street - Another audience favorite. They nailed this one.
  • Calli, Kiara Fire N Ice - The hype for this song was insane. Basically the perfect duo song for a concert and I am glad these chose to do it for BD. They are awesome together and their choreo was cool as hell.
  • Moona, Bae, IRyS, Suisei High Tide - I can't really say anything about this that hasn't been said. This lineup is completely stacked and this song was the premiere performance of the concert for me.
  • Calli Go-Getters - People love the wigger, man. Just like last year with Wanted, Wasted, the adience hype was on another level with this song from the rest of the solo performances.
  • Ame, Gura IDOL - Regardless of what you feel about this song, AmeSame performing it after High Tide and Go-Getters was a continuation of the hype from Calli and the audience ate it up.

All-in-all, CTW left me wanting more and feeling unsatisfied. BD was far more fufilling and felt like it made the whole trip more than worth it. I hope they can keep up this energy next time.
They should've sent the rat to the Olympics

Top Bottom