"Yeah I'm a giantess... why not. Why not?"Runie Ruse
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Connect the World: Hololive English 1st Concert

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
If I remember correctly, the only time HoloEN being vague about something that ended up not being a new debut was the Holoween shorts last year, and Halloween is still faraway.

Other than that though:
8 hours countdown -> IRyS
Praise the cube -> Council
That Tempus teaser with Altare's voiceover -> Tempus VG

wew

Male hag love!

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
If I remember correctly, the only time HoloEN being vague about something that ended up not being a new debut was the Holoween shorts last year, and Halloween is still faraway.

Other than that though:
8 hours countdown -> IRyS
Praise the cube -> Council
That Tempus teaser with Altare's voiceover -> Tempus VG
I 'member the amount of fucking seethe at councils retarded reveal nonsense and each time the final teaser played before one of the debuts people shat themselves in rage in the homeland thread lol.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
The teaser reminds me unreasonably of SEELE monoliths.

Evangelion themed gen when?

Simp

As always, Imma wait on Kiara to maybe spill the beans. Her stream is in 22 hours.

This is just up for the chat. Next stream is most likely her birthday countdown at the 5th.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
One thing I will note, I don't think live events like these are great places to reveal new songs. It would be one thing if they announced they were new songs before they played, but Gura and Kronii's performance didn't have nearly the same energy as the other ones because no one knew wtf they were singing lol.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
I don't think it takes away from the show/performance, me not knowing a song or where its from doesn't take away from how well they performed it/ how good it is, not knowing that the song Fauna sang was Watame's original wouldn't have affected what i thought of Fauna's performance.

Sure if its a song that has some nostalgia value or deeper connection, like if Sana had a song and Ina sang that at the first EN live, that may earn some bonus points but that's like adding 5 extra points on a test worth 500. Its not gonna make a bad performance good and if its all ready a good performance it doesn't need it.

The bigger mistake is not having Gura and Kronies new songs ready for release soon after the concert, this is the moment that they have the most anticipation, if it takes 2 months for them to get released then bootleg copies clipped from the concert will all ready be all over the internet and the official releases won't have the same impact, and we know that deep down all entertainers are at least a little bit numberfags.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
this is the moment that they have the most anticipation, if it takes 2 months for them to get released
As an IRyS fan, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Management hate!
If they're lucky they might even have an MV to go along with their song releases!

The Rrat

Early Adopter
As an IRyS fan, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Management hate!
If they're lucky they might even have an MV to go along with their song releases!
On one hand, I feel like constant releases was good for her growth, even if a lot of her songs were really all that interesting. I feel like IRyS has kinda stagnated this year and I think she realized the same after 4th Fes and deciding to do more singing streams.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
On one hand, I feel like constant releases was good for her growth, even if a lot of her songs were really all that interesting. I feel like IRyS has kinda stagnated this year and I think she realized the same after 4th Fes and deciding to do more singing streams.
Hasn't all of EN stagnated? My sly comment yesterday about EN being a joke wasn't me baiting or anything, I genuinely feel like Holoen is not taken seriously anymore and is more tolerated as a "worse version" of JP but without the endearing nature of smaller EN chuubas (that you can groom).

Solution: Graduate them all, do it no balls COVER.

Jolted Cookies

Clara's PLAYBILL mule
Early Adopter
One thing I will note, I don't think live events like these are great places to reveal new songs. It would be one thing if they announced they were new songs before they played, but Gura and Kronii's performance didn't have nearly the same energy as the other ones because no one knew wtf they were singing lol.
It definitely distracted me, "Nice! City pop song for Gura; this sounds great... there's WAY too much english in this to be from the 80s... is this an OG?" The audience would be way more hyped if they knew before hand that there's a new song coming; instead of having it as a "surprise"

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
I earlier watched the Gura section. My oshi can't be this cute and talented, she sounded wondrous.

City Pop Shark is REAL! Stellar song.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Gura dropping an orisong in the middle of the concert is based, and the only reason I have any criticism of it is because it was not immediately released for download afterwards. That kind of reveal is great and I was hyped beyond belief that we finally got another one, but then I was deflated that I couldn't immediately support her by buying it.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Any torrent link? Gofile speed like 200 Kb/s and downloads are often interrupted

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Any torrent link? Gofile speed like 200 Kb/s and downloads are often interrupted
Oddly, I don't see it on Nyaa or Holopirates. If it isn't there in a bit, I'll see about uploading it.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Oddly, I don't see it on Nyaa or Holopirates. If it isn't there in a bit, I'll see about uploading it.
I'm trying download from gofile again. Maybe I'll get lucky this time, I've already downloaded half of it and there are "only" three hours left:painpeko:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
I have i downloaded from gofile no issues, not sure how to make a torrent though.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
It only took me like 9 minutes, is it normally so long?

stassy

So if we know the songs are prerecorded and only the MC are live, why Bae mention in her zatsu at 28:46 that she loved performing live? Is it kayfabe? Especially the part at the end when she mention would love to do a real live in the future, so didn't she just contradict herself?

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Finally it downloaded (7 hours). Gofile (like more other websites) blocked in my country and my vpn, for some reason, did not give me a normal speed.
About concert - it amazing.:shubaIapprob: And if I had the opportunity, I would definitely buy myself a ticket. But unfortunately I had neither the physical (world payment systems blocked) nor the financial (i'm just quit my black company work) ability to buy a ticket.

Top Bottom