"Life is short, don't take anime girls on the internet too seriously"Dizzy Dokuro
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Hololive 4th Fes: Our Bright Parade & Hololive Super Expo 2023

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Nyaa link for those who need.

Added to main post, thanks. Also, removed related keywords from main post to make it less Google-able when looking for this, just to avoid unnecessary attention.

FoxBearGranma

__ __ / \.-"""-./ \ \ - - / |
Last edited:

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I have a confession to make, I thought Kiara's DO U performance was good, thought it kinda stood out. It was only my second time hearing it too (first time was during her 3D Showcase). It's unfortunate that she didn't really like it

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I have a confession to make, I thought Kiara's DO U performance was good, thought it kinda stood out. It was only my second time hearing it too (first time was during her 3D Showcase). It's unfortunate that she didn't really like it
Kiara is an insane perfectionist, it's gonna be hard for her to ever like anything she makes.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Aqua noticed the kaigai niki meme.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I don't think it was that it was a bad performance that she didn't like it, I think it was she didn't get a big response from the audience.

Also, going back and listening to day 2, it seems like they did make a lot of corrections. Such as the background vocals in Treasure Box being there now.

Not-Username

I don't think it was that it was a bad performance that she didn't like it, I think it was she didn't get a big response from the audience.

Also, going back and listening to day 2, it seems like they did make a lot of corrections. Such as the background vocals in Treasure Box being there now.
Mix of different things. She herself said that it was not suited for big responses of the crowd.

If those fuckers prerecord stuff could they pleas fix such shit beforehand ... Or was it just missing in the stream?! (Allegedly...the "keyfabe" reports of the mems sure are convincing)

The Rrat

Early Adopter
If those fuckers prerecord stuff could they pleas fix such shit beforehand ... Or was it just missing in the stream?! (Allegedly...the "keyfabe" reports of the mems sure are convincing)
It is possible it was an exclusive issue to the stream. As in the audio played in the actual performance at the venue, but the audio stream was missing from the streaming version. It was also the asscrack in the morning for me and I may have just not heard it because my volume was low, but I distinctly remember it not being there and reading other people say the same. Specifically, the part of the song where she speaks English and backround singing in Japanese follows up the English line, the Japanese was missing.

Not-Username

It is possible it was an exclusive issue to the stream. As in the audio played in the actual performance at the venue, but the audio stream was missing from the streaming version. It was also the asscrack in the morning for me and I may have just not heard it because my volume was low, but I distinctly remember it not being there and reading other people say the same. Specifically, the part of the song where she speaks English and backround singing in Japanese follows up the English line, the Japanese was missing.
Yes it wasn't there

Jolted Cookies

Clara's PLAYBILL mule
Early Adopter
Checking out some performances again from the VODs now that they're finally up:
  • I can't get over how cute Fauna was, she might be made of pure estrogen. She had the adorable poses down to perfection. Yeah the choreo was simple, but all her movements were smooth and graceful. She's on Marine's radar now because of her voice; and guy in the back of my right headphone when Fauna leaves; I feel you bro.​
  • There's no question that after Day 2, Bae is the leader of Council. That was amazing dancing and stage presence. With a little more experience and shows under her belt, I bet Bae could rival Subaru in terms of energy and crowd involvement in her performances.​
  • There were criticisms about the mouth tracking/movements being non-existent during the show. So I've been keeping an eye out for that and... maybe there was some fixes? (I'm not even sure this is a 'thing' Cover can fix after the fact) IRyS is still atrocious. Aki's may have been touched up; Bae and Kronii seemed ok. Now Marine, her model's lip movements were pretty much dead on! I'd say it even added to the overall enjoyment of her solo since her expressions are so good to begin with. Though without a side-by-side of the Live vs. VOD I can't say for sure. Overall there's room for improvement on this front​
I need to sit down and watch all of Day 2 again, instead of skipping around. I was admittedly sleep deprived after trying to get some shut eye after Holo*27.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
I think the mouth tracking sucked for everyone who wasnt JP5 under because HoloX,ID 1,2 Myth and Council all looked like shit

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
IRyS' was by far the worst. It was basically either mouth open or mouth closed, with it just being wide open whenever she was making any sound. I have a feeling she got the short end of the stick as usual, with 2.0 probably fucking timelines up again.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I hope the BluRay is just completely overhauled using all the camera footage and whatever source footage to fix crappy camera work and faces. Not being able to properly see a good portion of the girls' performances due to panning the crowd like it was some rock band concert really sucked. IRyS' face was especially bad, but the rest were okay to fine most of the time. Her mouth was the exact same shape the whole concert and it was really jarring.

foto_no_exif (2) (1).pngfoto_no_exif (1).pngfoto_no_exif (3).pngfoto_no_exif (4).png

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

Non-breath oblige

Botan covered this song on Day 2, and I have to say... :shubaIapprob:

I've never heard of this song/group before, but whoever picked this has good taste.

Not-Username

IRyS was not happy about it either :faunacry:
View attachment 17264
I don't see how they could fix that in post for the blue ray. Only for the model per se

Although it would be hilarious if she just forgot to unlock a fixed expression.

Generally the quality of mouth tracking differe wildly nowadays. Regardless of live2d or 3d.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I don't see how they could fix that in post for the blue ray. Only for the model per se

Although it would be hilarious if she just forgot to unlock a fixed expression.

Generally the quality of mouth tracking differe wildly nowadays. Regardless of live2d or 3d.
Theoretically they have all the mocap data saved, and facial expressions could just be a toggle. Think about all the girls that had eye-changes mid-song; Lui wasn't changing her own eye color, that was something done in post.
Even in the case where they can edit the data and re-render it though, the problem would be any of the shots that were not PURE VR world; any shots with the crowd, any shots with the band, any shots with IRL spotlights, etc. unless they also have the raw footage of all that.

Anyway, she might just be talking about 'fixing it' for the next 3d appearance.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Even in the case where they can edit the data and re-render it though, the problem would be any of the shots that were not PURE VR world; any shots with the crowd, any shots with the band, any shots with IRL spotlights, etc. unless they also have the raw footage of all that.
But the shots with the crowd is usually from a camera far away, as long as the movement is the same and tweaking some expression shouldn't be that noticeable.

I can't say how good is the BluRay version of the 3rd HoloFes but from what I hear there are a lot of edits like, new camera angle and cuts to some of the dead air (which takes it out of the whole experience).

I felt iRyS 3D model looks pretty weird, it feels like a stopgap and they are still not done with the model yet.

Not-Username

While rewatching I noticed, that the mc segments where shot usually without AR. Filming the screen directly. That's why the quality mostly suxx.
Why? Dunno. Take it as you will

Top Bottom