"I'm magging now!"Motoaki 'YAGOO' Tanigo
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Hololive 4th Fes: Our Bright Parade & Hololive Super Expo 2023

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I dont want this concert to end its on my fuckind mind. Which girls were your greatest surprise during the festival? I gotta go with choco she was amazing during all her performences and i never really gave her a chance
Olliechammers for sure.
Suisei showing up during Day 1 because she's Hoshimachi Suisei.
Bae's choreography being as yabai as it was.
Fauna and Ame sounding as great as they did.
Me liking more deco songs than I thought I would.
Moona doing Ai no Chiisana Uta.

Oh right and of course Korone's fucking horse racing anthem lmao.

I'm definitely gonna rewatch both days eventually but for now I think I just want to let the memory sit in my mind and enjoy it for a while.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet. I didn't see this before I posted last. The Day 2 vod is being delayed for some reason.

hololive4thfestweet.PNG

Jolted Cookies

Clara's PLAYBILL mule
Early Adopter
Cover's official favorite children:

Also wanted to share, production values over the 4 festivals (taken from reddit)
RDT_20230319_1405505952409244460053644.png

PekoWick

I was way too fucking sleep deprived yesterday to keep live-commentating on here but that was an experience... to say the least.
Nene was too cute but I will admit I liked gamer's meme song and Council's song the most, Nene isn't known for her singing like Suisei or Kanata anyway, her appeal lies elsewhere. Gamer's trio was simply FUNKY as fuck which I love and wish more vtubers would do funky or jazzy songs instead of pop/rock/idolshit. Council's song just had really nice harmonies and choreo which I really liked.

I wonder if they aren't debuting more gens because that would strain their studio capacity (already being solved as we speak) and it would probably push fes into 3 days which might actually end up costing them more than they profit from it. Just a thought I had.
Nah nene's solo is one of the best solo performance overall its a complete package. The group performance with nene is forgettable though.

RiverBear

Oh right and of course Korone's fucking horse racing anthem lmao.
As someone who grew up watching 90s anime, I was hit with a wave of nostalgia when Korone started singing the opening theme song to motherfucking Makibao

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet. I didn't see this before I posted last. The Day 2 vod is being delayed for some reason.

Someone took down the restream i was watching. Didnt feel like looking for another so I missed EN and group songs. No torrents of Deco or 2nd Day.

wew

Male hag love!
pc exploded so just now catching up and god after dealing with so much bullshit happening with other corpos and indies really needed that holofes soul to remind me why I love Vtubers so much.
:yagoocry: God I love watching these girls have fun and live out their dreams.

RiverBear

1679283959020.png
Oh okay, so the cosplayer A-chan was talking about was handing out teasers for Blue Journey during the event

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I dont want this concert to end its on my fuckind mind. Which girls were your greatest surprise during the festival? I gotta go with choco she was amazing during all her performences and i never really gave her a chance
I'm awfully biased toward suisei so if I were to put her performances aside, olliechammers was the clear day 1 fav
Korone's solo and gamers trio performance is my fav on day 2 as well, having goofy ass songs on big stage is good sometimes

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Someone took down the restream i was watching. Didnt feel like looking for another so I missed EN and group songs. No torrents of Deco or 2nd Day.
The VODs are not available, yet, for Holo*27 and Day 2, which is why.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
As someone who grew up watching 90s anime, I was hit with a wave of nostalgia when Korone started singing the opening theme song to motherfucking Makibao
Good to hear, Korone probably hoped for that.

Rewatching some parts. I thought that the day 2 camera work was worse but actually they are similar other then some mistakes. For the talents who are dancing hard I would like the camera to be less dynamic, La+, Aki and Baes parts would have been more enjoyable for example. I am salty that the stream missed the full breadth of Aki's ass drop.

Olliechaama was the best for the first day. Chaama multiplies the power of hype men like Polka and Ollie. Best of all three days

Second day is Gura + Shion for me
Marine didn't have the moans otherwise I would have loved her performance the most. ID girls really surprised me as well.

Last edited:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Sana is cheering by @Onecolo133.jpg

You know she's cheering them on right now

paul

Early Adopter
They should be on nyaa if you want to check
Good idea. The description of the blueray rip of the 3rd fes says the following:
The Blu-Ray version cut the standby/waiting/silent parts of the concert,
it has some new camera angles, there is now a song title on every performances
and for some reason they removed the audience screaming, I don’t know why they did that.
(You’ll notice it when you compare it to the original livestream.)
I will check the second day (since it's shorter/smaller) but it seems it's a mixed bag. New camera is good but I hope they are not that stupid to cut the audience completely. Remember that 3rd fes was silent due covid, so maybe they tried to streamline all performances.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Stage archive available soon.

hololive4thfestweet2.PNG

EDIT:
Delayed again
We should have known that having this many EN members would invoke the curse.

Last edited:

RiverBear

Jolted Cookies

Clara's PLAYBILL mule
Early Adopter

Not-Username

The Holo*27 vod is now live on spwn

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Long thoughts:

Day 1:
- Everyone's body tracking is excellent, especially down to finger movements like Roboco's. But mouth tracking seems worse than in their own 3D lives.
- Roboco kept her robot legs but not her arms. REEEE
- Starting the solos with strongest idol Haachama is a good choice. Starting with Buta is... lol
- I felt a little bad for Koyori calling for the women in the audience lol. I know the Fes crowd is predominantly male, but there still seemed to be more women on the con floor than the response to Koyori would suggest. Maybe those women were there for the Stars. Or maybe they're shy - there was one girl in the crowd who covered her face with her Shuba fan when she saw the camera.
- Overd and Dark Breath are... not idol songs lol
- Risu is my favourite solo act.
- Ame's "prrrrrr" for ChikuTaku was an interesting touch. Also she's brushing up her nihongo.
- I was already surprised by Ollie's stage presence in her solo. Pairing her with Haachama for Lost One's Weeping was an excellent choice.
- lol Suisei popping in because she can
- As much as Jouya Repaint leans into HoloX's cartoon villain lore, I'm now convinced it's specifically written to be performed to a crowd. Just listen to the crowd doing the "rapapa" in the chorus and the call-and-response in the bridge. (I now also think HoloX were deliberately kept on the same day for this reason.)

Holo*27:
- I would be happier if this cost slightly less than the other two stages. The songs and performances feel more same-y and it is of course shorter. Still good.
- Favourite choreo: Mio/Koyori. It fits the song and they go all in without cringing.
- I'm a little suspicious of Baby Don't Stop's lyrics lol.
- I'd like to know what P.E.T.'s lyrics mean so that I can tell the roles of squeaky orca and resonant orca.
- Most surprising moment(s): Iroha and Moona solo MC. Iroha handled it very well for a country girl former 2view who, unlike her genmates, still had her day job for a while after debut.
- Iroha likes to do the X-stance a lot lol.
- Mumei's default outfit is so much more elaborate than Kiara's.
- I wonder if the JP audience understands why the EN audience sees Calli as a dork after her MC segment lol.
- I figured Planetarium would be the last song as it is a very hard act to follow, but Sora's Ai Kotoba IV is a great capstone.

Day 2 thoughts:
- Korone is my favourite solo act. How do you top one flip? With two flips! Also "hashire, hashire~" is stuck in my head.
- After seeing Ayame's stage presence, it's clear why Nakiri-gumi are so dedicated.
- Bae is absolutely right; I need her and Laplus to have a dance-off.
- Anya doesn't have an original IIRC, and most of her covers are fast Vocaloid songs, so this was the first time I've heard her sing a slower song. lol at her hair. IRyS' rigger has no right to complain.
- Really like Moona's live performance of Ai no Chiisana Uta.
- First time hearing the JP version of Illusion Night. I think it sounds better in English, and I wonder whether JP audiences run into the issue we have with songs that are written in Japanese first and then translated. I understand using the JP version though, as Reine probably wanted the audience to understand the spicy plot.
- I'm not sure I would have paired Here Comes Hope with hip sways and body traces, but in a way it's fitting for IRyS to come up with that.
- Going from Here Comes Hope to Let Me Stay Here is some whiplash lol
- For group acts, what sticks in my memory is SMOK's weird donut song and Bae and Fauna doing Naruto runs around Kronii.
- I feel that Day 2 was "safer" overall than Day 1. You can see the pattern from Day 1 where EN and ID do their group songs together, with one cross-branch pair. Ollie and Haachama stole the show because they don't stream together much (AFAIK), yet they worked perfectly together on stage. Contrast, say, Gura and Shion as a more obvious pair.

Last edited:

paul

Early Adopter
Did the rips add in subtitles for the emcee breaks? Not having those with the BD was a huge negative for me; especially since the 2nd FES BDs had subtitles.
I compared the 3rd fes bluray rip with my stream VOD from last year. The bluray file has jump marks but there are no subtitles (at least no hard subs and VLC didn't give me the option to activate any kind of subs). They only added captions with the song name.
They actually changed the camera work slightly towards a more dynamic kind. Can't say which was better but I think that both versions were more static than for 4th fes. When I rewatched the Ollichama performance for the dance choreo the camera work was too busy to see all their moves. The Roboco/Sora performance of "Bring it up" in the 3rd fes was far less hectic than that. Although it's a similar hype song.
vlcsnap.jpg
Guess I will wait for the release and decide then.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Day 2 vod is finally up too.

edit: And now there's a "4th Fes Complete" torrent up on Nyaa.

Last edited:
Top Bottom