"But he started the coop (Coup) what am I supposed to do? w-wait lol, am I pronouncing that word wrong too? lol"IRyS

Holofes 5 - Capture the Moment

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
My man wears his name with pride :SelenHAHAhere: fucking rat
I am from the wild west of the internet with music on Napster and anime on mIRC. I have no moral quandries around pirating. I only stopped pirating because legal means became easier than it.

The tides have recently changed, however, thanks every moron and their mother wanting their own streaming service.

mismatch

With the Holofes being this ambitious, I hope Cover tones down expectations for Summer Splash Party. It just seems like a fruitless exercise to stress the talents out for a show that will inevitably not be as good as Holofes.
Musically I agree, but I actually really like the big live ensemble show style thing they did featuring the casts of each concert (one for day, one for night). The way they pulled in all the branches made it a lot more interesting than any of the promo stuff they do for the fes. If they keep up that kinda thing then I'm into it even if the event itself isn't as impressive as fes. Although, if they really do start ramping up the overseas concerts then I think something will have to give.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Found this on reddit, but apparently deeper-voiced Matsuri isn't new. She voiced this character from some gacha game.. doesn't sound like her at all.

It's definitely not new. She'll get supachas sometimes asking her to use her deeper voice like in this clip

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Fubuki playing Puyo Puyo vs a rando in front of thousands is really sweet considering how much she struggled with it before. Really glad that she got over her issues with the game :pomuLove:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
I like how they tried to switch up the format, and that there was experimentation with the solo songs and not just the groups.

Standouts:
- Kanata and Marine duet medley
- Risu. Not just her singing, but her choreo and stage presence this year gives off intense focus.
- I want to hear Aki do full acapella of Shallys
- Kiara stepped up her dance game from last year which was already good
- Reine's choreo was also focused, if less intense than Risu's
- Bae's performative dance was unexpected. I thought she would do a high energy song and Kpop choreo again.
- Sakamata's solo medley. Whiplash aside, it uses her range, and given the lyrics of Marionette (she usually gets EN CCs for her MVs), I could see the medley itself being a Statement(TM) about an entertainer's multiple personae. I was wondering whether the camera would focus on her hands during the Jinsei Reset gesture dance, but no.
It's where this screenshot comes from.
1710573406111.png
- Korone free flip
- Matsuri's deep voice

I agree that the Kiara/Sakamata duet was weird. Sakamata is not at Kiara's level, but she is capable of more presence than what she showed; her own solo in the same concert shows this. My theory is since she can speak some English and has sung English songs before, they agreed to do an English song, but didn't get enough practice for her to do both the singing and the choreo without visible effort. C'est la vie; not all experiments work out, which is why we remember the ones that do.

Also the mouth tracking for everyone is still bad, and worse than the mouth tracking they have in their own 3D lives, which baffles me since I assume they're recorded with the same tech.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Also the mouth tracking for everyone is still bad, and worse than the mouth tracking they have in their own 3D lives, which baffles me since I assume they're recorded with the same tech.
I want Biboo on 3d with her foreveropen mouth. : D
1710574043908.png

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
I want Biboo on 3d with her foreveropen mouth. : D
I really want to see Biboo, Laplus, Anya, Kobo, and Gura together in 3D one day. Keep the dream alive: Smololive!

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I agree that the Kiara/Sakamata duet was weird. Sakamata is not at Kiara's level, but she is capable of more presence than what she showed; her own solo in the same concert shows this. My theory is since she can speak some English and has sung English songs before, they agreed to do an English song, but didn't get enough practice for her to do both the singing and the choreo without visible effort. C'est la vie; not all experiments work out, which is why we remember the ones that do.
Made me think of the most likely scenario: they both practiced the choreo separately and recorded it together in very short order on a tight deadline. Too short for Chloe to significantly change how she was dancing to try and better match Kiara.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
I really want to see Biboo, Laplus, Anya, Kobo, and Gura together in 3D one day. Keep the dream alive: Smololive!
I remember that early Anya/Gura collab where they called each other cute for like 5 minutes straight.:guraa:

Guess I'll have to watch this stuff some time later tomorrow morning. As much as I enjoy watching these things live I'd rather watch it when I can fully appreciate what's happening instead of yawning and rubbing my eyes every few seconds. Enjoy the 2nd half of today fellow holofags.
:gurasemperfi:

mismatch

Fubuki playing Puyo Puyo vs a rando in front of thousands is really sweet considering how much she struggled with it before. Really glad that she got over her issues with the game :pomuLove:
Suisei mercilessly annihilating her fans in front of 60k ppl is pretty good too.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Also, I hate you all a little more today for not properly appreciating Makka na Chikai.

Uncultured swine.

ペンネーム

mismatch

Also, I hate you all a little more today for not properly appreciating Makka na Chikai.

Uncultured swine.
Sorry, the only anime OPs i don't skip are for Shaft shows.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Sorry, the only anime OPs i don't skip are for Shaft shows.
I don't have any good expectations of people who unironically enjoy Shaft's garbage, anyway.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

Uncultured swine.
I maybe watched 3 episodes of Busou Renkin... back when it AIRED.

Make sure my trough is filled with coffee along with the slop.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
I don't know if she will choose to do a Birthday Live next year, I doubt she will, but if she does, I want it to be one like Aki's.
its still a while, but I think we can be confident that Nerissas 3D lives will be more musical style like Akis
And she will 100% invite everyone she can

mismatch

I <3 WATON

Also, IRyS being extremely IRyS

GIxZwOUXQAEu6p3.jpg

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Early Adopter
its still a while, but I think we can be confident that Nerissas 3D lives will be more musical style like Akis
And she will 100% invite everyone she can
Ok but I don't care about that skank.

Top Bottom