"Tomato cup of milk"Coni Confetti

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
bella singing the night away while still recovering from coof

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
The driveby retard has been banned. Carry on.
Nooo! Why did you ban him Prostate? I was about to make a longpost mocking him being Yuko's number 1 cucksleeve.

Ya ain't letting us have some fun. :ameraintear:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Do you think in another timeline, that whole "multiplicty" or whatever debacle played out in the opposite direction; Like it became industry-standard to voice-act for a character role insted of the opposite, when VAs graduate a new one shows up to fill in for the character and so on.
Brings a whole new definition to the term "skinwalking" huh.
Yes, but only the timeline where streaming didn't catch on and cheap or free tracking tech didn't exist eg. locked into expensive licenses/patents.

In a vacuum Brave could have gotten away with replacing a VA if it wasn't also surrounded by drama and trying to cut their entire team. In a vacuum Kizuna Ai almost did get away with adding three VAs and the original 'multiple Ai' video was uncontroversial at the time of its release... it was far more of a slow building drama than a single event.

But the fundamental part of the medium that makes it impossible it is the relatively free-form content dependent on a talent's personality. If everyone are corpos doing highly scripted videos with pre-written characters, and the tech gets marketed to IP companies like Sanrio instead of available for free online (or in consumer 3d tech for the early days), then you don't get the relatively personable vtuber leading to the importance of a more personal medium like streaming. In May 2019 when Ai tried to bring in more VAs, it was already far too late to reverse that trend. If all you have is vtubers-as-characters, you could do VA changes with far less controversy. Mind you, vtubing would be very different and less successful as something unique.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Bronze

Today must be a day ending with "y". she's getting a new look. Also some announcements, maybe a teaser? E:I mean teaser for new member. We will see her 5325th model eventually after today.

Last edited:

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Some clips to cleanse this place of the retardation of the past few pages:

Limes showing off how her Live2D tracking is so good

It actually makes sense to 3D sculpt the model before drawing it over in 2D, kinda how the devs of Factorio make their super-detailed sprites

Adorable Tenma rage

Lumi is offended that no one sent her a death threat, clearly that means her fans don't love her enough 😞

niggaphil

I just finished a god damn long day of company meeting, hmm whats new on TVA?

> After reading this thread

Glad that I am having a long arse meeting :smugselen:

Anyway, i guess Selen is gone for good soon.....?

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
I just finished a god damn long day of company meeting, hmm whats new on TVA?

> After reading this thread

Glad that I am having a long arse meeting :smugselen:

yeah shes most likely not coming back if we go by the other suspensions before her and her not appearing to anime impulse

UberSoldat

Likelihood increases daily, the con appearance cancellation sounds like the final nail in the coffin

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Can we ignore the SEAYamanba and maybe post our favorite song/cover of last year?
Mine was roca's johnny b goode

I've already made a similar post covering my personal faves (Watame's Fins and What an Amazing Swing, Fubuki's Letter⭐ミ, etc) so I'll just add some honorable mentions and unorthodox choices.

Ok, I lied, 1 other Watame song. And it's technically 2024 and doesn't have an MV yet. But it's a great bop and one of my favorites on her new album.

Luna's papa's remixes have been great last year

This small band called DEPPMAN that does a lot of interesting takes on Hololive songs

Crazy ass drum cover of Calli's INTERNET YAMERO

Last edited:

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
The driveby retard has been banned. Carry on.
congratulations on the new nickname by the way.

does that mean your streams should be called prostate exams?:BijouBijou:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Haatchama and Shiori are bonk sisters

Shiori, Calli and Willy Wonka

Papa Shiori is to blame for everything

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
When Pomu announced her graduation, the niji fans around me were very surprised because they thought Pomu was one of the most unlikely people to graduate, and she herself was a die-hard fan who came here because of nijisanji. Perhaps the reason for her graduation was that her dream was broken
'member Matsuri, who applied to Hololive and not Niji specifically because she was a Niji fan and didn't want her impressions be shattered by reality.

Matsuri is wise.
Unless Idol lied about the Riro Ron suspension and the talents didn't buy the bullshit, I would also agree that the Brave thing is more of an issue to cause concern, especially from the talent's side. "What if we get sold to some chinese company?" Will the terms of our contract get fucked over because China Company wantsa bigger cut? Will advertising and support slow down? Shit like that will make you question how stable your current job is and activating PL accounts is possibly a smart move. Both to tell management to not fuck around and as a way to still have a presence online in case shit goes south.
Brave is Japanese, though, and hasn't had a presence in China until literally last month.
Wow alot going on today huh, I guess proctor is sleeping
Ignore my message im just archiving something I wrote on reddit
Tl;dr scummy practice and mismanagement on upd8
- In 2019, they tried to replace Kizuna Ai with 2 different voice actors, and released a very ... song with the lyrics of "Even if it's not me, it's fine". This triggered backlash within the community, losing her fans and viewership. In response to criticism, they added a 3rd chinese only voice actor.
- Despite their top earners literally brings in $millions (archive) in revenue, it was reported that they ended 2019 in a net loss of $6.2M (https://p2y.jp/activ8-large-deficit-675-million-yen/)
- Around march 2020, their 2nd best performer Oda Nobuhime announced graduation on 30 April 2020. In a collab stream a week later with Tamaki, her best friend, she stated (Archive) that upd8 management took full control of her content and personal life, often cancelled her projects & even went so far as using her twitter account to attack Tamaki. She finally broke (archive) and no longer could endure their abuses.
- On 24 April, Kizuna Ai announced that she would split from upd8 and made a new company (still under Active8 though) herself called Kizuna Ai KK. Notably she stated that she was against giving Ai 2 and Ai 3 the same body as Ai (hence the "clone incident"). She took them both to her new company, granted them new names of AiPii and Love-chan and a separate youtube channel. She said this has been in the works for some time.
- On the same day as Oda Nobuhime's graduation, AniMare & Honey Strap announced their ending of relationship with upd8. This effectively spelt the end for the company. Most of their talents left afterwards/already left.
- Upd8 limbo-ed around until November where they finally filed for bankruptcy, allowing the few remaining members to keep their identity.
What happened after for vtubers under upd8
- After the split, Kizuna AI enjoyed some popularity, but the world left her behind, livestream started becoming the norms and scripted content vtubers started losing popularity. While she still enjoyed somewhat decent/low viewerships on her videos, she's at her 5th year at this point and started considering her future as a vtuber. In late 2021 she announced that she will be on indefinite hiatus after her Hello World concert on Feb 2022. And has been on hiatus since. However, she held a paid concert in February 2023, and upload a 2 minute 6th year celebration video on Dec 1, 2022. No 7th year celebration for 2023.
- Oda Nobuhime later joined Hololive under the name Omaru Polka
- Hololive AZki, initially managed by both upd8 and INNK, sadly did not escape mismanagement after exitikg upd8, was very active on her PL account, created her own music group named La prière. She only started being more active on her AZki channel around April 2023, one year after the disbandment of INNK.
- AyaMina sisters, one joined Hololive under Inugami Korone, the other one is rumoured to be Nijisanji's Inui Touko, but no concrete evidence.
- Shibuya Hal, one of the most recognized name in the vtuber industry, actually stayed until the final day in december. Established his own corpo name Neo-Porte.
- Suou Patra - she was a pillar of 774 inc. until she went independent recently - 756k subscribers
- Tomari Mari - 477k subs, a decently popular independent vtuber who seems to have connections everywhere, participated in Shibuya Hal's Vsaikyou #1 and #2, collabed with Ange Katrina of Nijisanji, Matsuri of hololive, recently showed up in Fubuki's & Polka's year end totsumachi and Kson's Offline Meet as one of the guests That's as far as I know about him.
- Utai Makea - 455k subs, collabs alot with Holostars it seems.
- Omegasister - 375k subscribers, the other famous sister vtubers in JP beside HimeHina
- YuNi - a vsinger with 368k subs
- Inaba Haneru - 774 inc. - 354k subs
- Most are still active to various degrees of success, I saw like 10 retirements, not sure if they reincarnated or not.
In another timeline, upd8 didnt mismanage itself to oblivion and would become one of the big pillars of the industry with just the names they already had.
Just imagine if AZKi hadn't had to suffer shared management with Upd8. Once they were out of the picture, her viewership increased by a literal order of magnitude.

Granted, if the Upd8/Cover coop through INNK hadn't been a thing, Suisei might never have joined... or more probably joined a few months later, considering her connection with Kanata before Hololive. Might still have been a different character, though.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
'member Matsuri, who applied to Hololive and not Niji specifically because she was a Niji fan and didn't want her impressions be shattered by reality.

Matsuri is wise.

Brave is Japanese, though, and hasn't had a presence in China until literally last month.

Just imagine if AZKi hadn't had to suffer shared management with Upd8. Once they were out of the picture, her viewership increased by a literal order of magnitude.

Granted, if the Upd8/Cover coop through INNK hadn't been a thing, Suisei might never have joined... or more probably joined a few months later, considering her connection with Kanata before Hololive. Might still have been a different character, though.
Brave is headed right for a buyout unless they implode first. Pretty simple which will then cannibalize the company and ruin careers.

Koronesuki

X-Potato

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Awww shit I slept through the newest drive-by :/

It's weird how all the developments with this shit seem to happen here but the Farms is still the jidf Boogeyman :guradumbl:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Screw being seventeen, Marine has settled on being seven:

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
This is the longest period between yab and comeback (from obvious suspension) that we have seen for a NijiEN liver since Zaion, right? Given it was almost a month after Zaion was canned, seems like they are working out the same for Selen. I'd be surprised to see her return at this point. How long was the time between Yugo's "break" and their firing?
Though to be fair, she legitimately was hospitalized and just has been chilling doing art and gaming during recovery, so it's a long one but it makes sense at the end of the day.
Welp, See you in Vshojo, or Hololive, Selen!
I'm definitely seeing her going back to indie just because of the type of person she is.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom