"How did you guys know about my secret obsession with Baby Sinclair?"Lottie Shinju

vReverie Implosion Watch - Cheri Lupina and Erika Byakko graduation announced, other talents suddenly on PL accounts

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Imagine walking into a burning building you just saw a bunch of people run out of, and say outloud to bystanders "Don't worry, I won't burn!".

Surprise! Wait, no that other thing, uh... Not a Surprise! Yeah. Nailed it.

It really must be that vtubing attracts a bunch of professionally ignorant people that have no idea how to spot company red flags from the outset that so often we get shitshows going on with these 'companies' that are barely concealed work camps for ignorant young women to be literally exploited for their gender. Not even their bodies, just because female voice draws simpbux.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Another potential lead. Another boilerplate 'talents are just trying to move on with their lives' response. What the hell is happening at this corpo. I can get people from Nijisanji and Idol to talk to me, but getting anyone in the corpo whose talents are actively venting about their mental health collapsing and emergency medication prescriptions on PL to even whisper about the problems is harder than getting Merryweather to stop sucking 89731685 dicks a second. Finding out the truth is becoming a borderline obsession.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
Another potential lead. Another boilerplate 'talents are just trying to move on with their lives' response. What the hell is happening at this corpo. I can get people from Nijisanji and Idol to talk to me, but getting anyone in the corpo whose talents are actively venting about their mental health collapsing and emergency medication prescriptions on PL to even whisper about the problems is harder than getting Merryweather to stop sucking 89731685 dicks a second. Finding out the truth is becoming a borderline obsession.

Makes me think they have some kind of hardass legal threat aimed at anyone that signs with them if none of them at all will speak up even a little bit.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
they have no concept of what a non disclosure agreement actually is except to fear it.

Why actually look into something that affects you personally when you can believe rumors and hearsay from armchair professionals.

the real question is why your surprised.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Imagine walking into a burning building you just saw a bunch of people run out of, and say outloud to bystanders "Don't worry, I won't burn!".

Surprise! Wait, no that other thing, uh... Not a Surprise! Yeah. Nailed it.

It really must be that vtubing attracts a bunch of professionally ignorant people that have no idea how to spot company red flags from the outset that so often we get shitshows going on with these 'companies' that are barely concealed work camps for ignorant young women to be literally exploited for their gender. Not even their bodies, just because female voice draws simpbux.
I assume it's a case of knowing it's bad but thinking they can deal with it for a year to grab new fans and then dip but end up being wrong.

bananabreadbowl

It's a weird mix of overly fearing NDAs and I assume not wanting to chance getting blacklisted or anything. And ex-talents wanting to just pretend their stints at VRev didn't happen.

Not that I imagine anything anyone at VRev says holds any weight at this point, so I think it's more being scared of getting sued into the ground with money that VRev obviously doesn't have.
Prior gen's NDAs should be running out within the next couple months, but something tells me that the ex-talents are gonna keep shrugging their shoulders and going "I just want to move on" in spite of that.

RiverBear

I know Nova is REALLY WANTS to hold on to her account - she just had a cross-company collaboration tournament sponsored by Bushiroad.
At this point, VRev should really just sell the account to Nova and be done with it.

Void Scribas

I know Nova is REALLY WANTS to hold on to her account - she just had a cross-company collaboration tournament sponsored by Bushiroad.
At this point, VRev should really just sell the account to Nova and be done with it.
Nova situation is crazy as fuck, a vtuber that actually found success in a niche (Trading Card Game) inside a company that is collapsing.

I hope it happens the same thing it happened with Yume+ and the CEO gives the IP to the talents if the collapse occurs.

JusticeDog

If the company collapses tomorrow can we still count it as part of the August casualty list? :smugpipi:

I wouldn't be surprised if no one wants to talk because they think there's still a chance (cope) that the company can be saved. The way they talk about it, it sounds like they really want it to work and it doesn't give the same vibe as other failed company PL talk where they are clearly done with it at all long before they actually leave.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Being fair to Gen 3, they were already hired when the graduations started. It would have been much harder to walk out at that point.

I imagine Nova probably also gave them some assurances that she would stay on and help them through it. Much easier to go down with the ship when the captain is too.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
Being fair to Gen 3, they were already hired when the graduations started. It would have been much harder to walk out at that point.

I imagine Nova probably also gave them some assurances that she would stay on and help them through it. Much easier to go down with the ship when the captain is too.

Fuck the company. If I was in the process of onboarding and I watched an entire senior staff collective peace out and walk off, I don't give a shit what my contract says, I'd like to see them afford to litigate when I just ghost them too.

Would it fuck me over? Probably, knowing my luck I'd still get absolutely spitroasted in court, but also knowing my luck, my getting caught in the flames would just be the catalyst that makes it all burn down faster. I have a knack for undermining and destroying other people's organizations by getting involved.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Some recent vagueposting from not-Lilrya. May be VRev related, might not be:

A
My first thought was Nova(?), but they're still interacting like normal, so it's probably someone else. May have something to do with a recent groomer infiltration in her community she alluded to.

Last edited:

polior

I assume it's a case of knowing it's bad but thinking they can deal with it for a year to grab new fans and then dip but end up being wrong.
I mean, she doubled her 4 year fanbase in only a few months, but yeah the company couldn't be saved. She did her best. We also don't know contract details, she may have gotten a really good contract, and thought that would be enough to protect her from suffering any big losses.

smartestkidontheshortbus

Not so much of an update, but definitely a VReverie L.
:pippanumbers:
Kanna just hit 20K subs:

A
She's within striking distance of her VRev sub count, barely 3 months since she debuted in Pixel:
View attachment 77029
She's also been hitting 4view on some of her ASMRs, with healthy low-mid 3views on most of her other streams.

At this rate she'll be the first ex-VRev to surpass her PL in subs, probably some time in September:
View attachment 77030

That's because she actually streams regularly

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
From what Estella vaguely said in her stream, that's going on right now, there were some talks with management and things just fell off, hence her 2 week hiatus. Right now, shes uncertain whats to comes, but making the most of it.

Edit: Part of it is the lack of communication with management and no birthday merch (WTF). Seem the ONLY management that actually gives damn is Melmi.
Melmi is making her own VTuber model and plans on returning to streaming:

A
Found out since this showed up on my feed just now:

A
Aside from this, Melmi is credited as director on some of the girls' MVs. If she's becoming an active streamer now, is it possible that she's no longer in management? Alternatively, if she is drawing her own model, could she also be assisting the VRev girls with a possible exit plan? She seems to be one of the "good" managers after all.

x Hades Stamps

It appears the stress is taking a toll on Stella’s immune system

Archive

bananabreadbowl

Sounds like management waited until last minute to respond, like usual. I would have been surprised if she outright left or didn't just vaguepost more after the deadline, so I'm not entirely surprised she appears to be staying in any case.

Archive

JusticeDog

How are the people running this able to keep these girls perpetually one foot out the door, but not willing to just leave.

Helkar

Welp.
Until next time, Furi. Because we all know that "next time" is probably not even gonna take that long.

Bronze

Sounds like management waited until last minute to respond, like usual. I would have been surprised if she outright left or didn't just vaguepost more after the deadline, so I'm not entirely surprised she appears to be staying in any case.

Archive

Literally last minute by the way. They manage people like how I used to manage assignments in past :annoyedpippa:
Screenshot_20240903_193320_X.jpg

Top Bottom