"gacha games are poison. i like poison 🥹"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

Graduation of Yugo Asuma from NijisanjiEN

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
As everyone had posted in the main thread previously, Yugo Asuma of NijisanjiEN had been graduating as of December 14th

Here's the full announcement cited from the official anycolor english site:
Screenshot 2022-12-15 200732.png
archive.is

This marked the first nijiEN graduation and one of the few with a different treatment, mainly because all of his content (Youtube VODs and community pages and social media) are all wiped out on the same day of the announcement.

Current links for archived content:
Youtube VODs - might not be 100% but is currently the most updated for non-members' content removed due to copyright takedown
Youtube VODs reupload through torrent
Some Youtube VODs reupload in bilibili - will try to archive everything here but updates will be very slow
Bilibili megalink reupload - contains archives from march-april 2022
Karaoke stream archive

Twitter archive

as Unnamednow00/Untitled
Untitled stream on 2022/12/17 - mainly acoustic singing
Collection of twitterspaces - may be missing the first one
(will update if I come across more links)

Rumors and Speculation:
A few hours after the announcement, people are scrambling around for context as the sudden announcement is also worded in a way that makes people think he's getting fired voluntarily instead of a humble graduation.
A tweet made his PL (@masaebationsan, now @unnamednow00) appeared few moments after the grad announcement:
Screenshot .png
tweet link | archive.is

One twitter user is compiling comments made by several anons on iketog/nyfco citing the numerous problematic behavior Yugo had that could contribute to his graduation decision
Though a lot of these opinion seems to be quite nitpicky/hyperbole a lot of people have convinced these events gives the early fire to his ever-changing problematic behavior
(note: with the nature of anon sites like this, it's best to take everything written there with a grain of salt.
Feel free to conduct your own research if you'd like to confirm it yourself)

archive.is | pictures backup

There are also several known controversies such as the AI art tweet and the insensitive tweet during the Japan earthquake tragedy, I didn't manage to screencap these tweets in question before they locked his twitter so feel free to post screenshots if you could access his twitter

TL;DR from the recent rumors and people's reaction towards the news, it seems that Yugo was prone to having a bad temper and childish-like behavior that causes a lot of discomfort in the community, while the attempts of reflecting one's behavior have been made several times with him often taking short breaks in-between streaming activities it looks like it has come to a point where it cannot be tolerated hence the graduation announcement

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
The unnamednow00 Twitter account (archive) currently links to a YouTube channel simply named Untitled. This YouTube channel has a waiting room for a stream also called Untitled, due to go live at 3pm GMT on 17th December (~39 hours from the time of this post).

No idea whether this is going to be a rushed reincarnation or one of those vague weepy streams Mikeneko did post-Rushia graduation, but the stream chat is full of blue hearts, presumably from people who "know" (and one tiktok user who doesn't lol).

1671148049471.png

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

A few reactions to the news from the Nijiscene. If there are others, feel free to add them below and I can consolidate them into one post soon.

soap suds

Probably the only stream statement we'll get from a member of Noctyx since Fuuchan is the only one not on break.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Selen makes a statement, says the VODs with Yugo on her channel (they had an off-collab) will stay up for those who want to relive the memories

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Ragtag seemed to have been forced to takedown Yugo's youtube VODs so the link is unusable now
I'll be updating with alternative links if there are any in the future

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
A 720p rip of most of these videos would be well under the upload limit we currently have. Please start making copies of them. Most of it is just vocal chatter so you could even get away with an mp3 that'd be less than 4mb. Don't let history die.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I'll try to link any external archives I could find later on, I know some people will likely dump their VODs collection through torrent or any other hosting site. Though I can't really do all the re-archiving myself because the original folders would definitely be massive and I don't have a spare HDD lying around right now
If there's someone else who could do it though feel free to post it here and I'll also help mirroring it (if it's already in audio form because otherwise nothing much I could do about it)

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Nina's statement:

Uki's statement:

Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Seems like some VODs exist in bilibili, I'll try to reupload everything there whenever I could
Possibly slow update cause I will be mostly outside during xmas/new year breaks so at most the reupload will be done by next month

Top Bottom