"There's a lot of things that I accidentally say that I didn't really mean, I guess. Only to notice the true meaning of my words until when chat starts screaming. I swear to God at least half of it is accidental, if not more......'Only half?', No no, 70%, 70%"IRyS

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

Subaru's final words (post 1) New

NafsuBuas735

At this point, she's the only one in all of Holo JP who hasn't said anything, aside from Haachama who's traveling. Even Iroha came back from her break to say goodbye. Subaru hasn't talked about Aqua at all since the week of the announcement. I thought she might have done so today but all she did was say that she wasn't gonna stream. It's gone from worrying to just outright depressing. Even some JP subatomos are starting to rrat.

Bro... :depressedtako:

Basically, one of the reasons why Subaru tried so hard with streaming is because she knows Gen 2 members arent streaming that much. She not taking any rest is also because she wanted to grow stronger and to be able to lead her genmates, and wanted to perform with everyone one day.
And Aqua was actually the one who did her best among the 2nd gen at first too, so she tried her best mimicking the Aqua she saw but she then announced graduation, which made her quite down.

And when she was talking about how she really tried her best so that Gen 2 could also do a live one day, she started crying.
She said even when she appeared in the gamers fes, even though she does think herself as a part of hologamers, in the end she is just a guest there, and that her place is in Gen 2 in the end.

From Subacord:
Subaru: I did my best so that we Gen 2 can create a group song, and when the group song is a graduation song, I was like, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!

And for why she didnt tweet yesterday, its because she thought too much and couldnt express what she wanted to say properly, so she did her work and fell asleep instead.
She apologizes for making many people worry, like on twitter. She then said she might delete the archive too, maybe just the talking part.
Overall, she is doing fine, and have said everything that needs to be said and heard everything that needs to be heard already, and looking at Aqua for the past 6 years and hearing her future plans are already solid, she assented and would watch over her from now on.

Last edited:
Subaru's final words (post 2) New

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Subaru started stream 15 minutes early to finally talk about her feelings. It was... tough to say the least.

• A lot of people were wondering if she was okay and she wanted to confirm that she is.
  • She and Aqua talked everything through and tied up any loose ends they could have had. She was reassured by Aqua's decision, felt confident that she had a clear plan going forward and wished her the best.
  • She already knew what Aqua is like after watching her for the past 5 years. The reason she didn't do any collabs was because she decided to keep watching from the side this past month.
  • She thought about collabing anyways, but knew she wouldn't be able to maintain her composure. We would expect happy, fun streams and she would have bawled her eyes out.
  • She explained why she herself has never taken a long break. Back when 2nd gen first debuted, she had no idea what she was doing. She wasn't popular at all and couldn't stream for long periods of time cause she'd get depressed.
  • At that time, Aqua was basically the leader of 2nd gen and Subaru felt inspired by that. She wanted to grow stronger and to be a leader like Aqua one day.
  • So when Aqua came back from her break all those years ago, Subaru was incredibly happy like everyone else. She didn't voice anything out about it though because she didn't want to put any weird pressure on Aqua.
  • She felt that if she tried her hardest and waited, she could be a great Gen 2 representative, push for them to have their own original songs, their own lives, their own events etc. She immediately broke down in tears here.
  • Even if the others took breaks, she felt that she could make it happen as long as she did her best, so she kept pushing without resting. She wanted to grow as a streamer, pull Gen 2 along with her and keep going together until those events/songs happened.
  • But then Aqua announced her graduation and it hit her incredibly hard. Even she was surprised by how depressed she got. She was working to make the Gen 2 original songs happen, but she cried she realized any group song they make now would be a graduation song. She was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"
  • She was moving forward with plans to make an original song, but the timing didn't work out for some reason. She regretted not pushing harder to make it happen.
  • People have long considered her part of Gamers considering how good a group of friends they are. She would hang out with them often especially when she was lonely. She herself started believing she was part of Gamers but when they did their live event, she was just a guest. It made her feel worse and that's when she realized, she's truly a member of Gen 2.
  • After thinking about it for a long time, she came to an answer yesterday. She understood that waiting for everyone like she did was just her being selfish. Aqua and Gen 2 has always done their own thing and will keep aiming for their own goals, so she'll do the same.
  • While she's not sure where her path is headed, she decided to do her best and keep moving forward anyway. And that's how she ended up at Sushiro today.
  • She went with some other members, talked it out and it helped her feel better. She wasn't even gonna stream today but the other members asked her to play together and she wanted to do her best. She wants to work harder because she knows Aqua is working hard. She felt like Botan noticed how puffy her eyes were from crying but didn't say anything.
  • She also thought about what life means and slept a lot. She wanted to tweet something out but couldn't get her thoughts in order so she just did her work and fell asleep. She couldn't even watch the live yesterday.
  • She saw a bunch of members saying "Take care" to Aqua but there was no way she could have said that without being a mess.
  • She also didn't want us, who work hard to support her, to see her like this. She spent the entire month keeping all of this to herself due to that and it felt miserable.
  • But her crying today reminded her of why she didn't wanna talk about this in the first place. She thought people coming home tired to watch her wouldn't wanna see her in tears.
  • But overall, Gen 2 members will do something once they decide to and that's a good thing.
  • Not sure if today's VOD will remain.
  • She told the other 7DTD girls that she'd talk about this before entering the server, so she felt kinda awkward going in.
  • From now on, she wants to become the Ultimate Strongest Oozora Subaru and to keep going forward with us.
  • If they ever get a chance to meet again, Subaru's gonna beat Aqua up lmao
  • She will not be talking about this again and asked if everyone was satisfied now. (Though she does plan to have a members stream tomorrow so I guess we'll see.)

I'm happy they worked it out but jesus fucking christ man I hate seeing her cry like that :depressedtako:

She's having fun with the other girls now at least.

Edit: Made some changes and added stuff after watching it again. Gotta say, I hated seeing it just as much the 2nd time. But I'm happy she's satisfied with the answer she came to. One of her dreams may have just been broken but she's going to keep moving on and I admire her even more for it. I'll be there supporting her every step of the way.

Duck love :pomuLove:

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
With Suba and Aqua, consider the difference in their journeys. Suba came to Hololive for a job while Aqua was looking for an outlet to have fun. Fubuki was Suba's mentor for streaming as she already was abruptly self sufficient due to circumstances. Mane-chan and Marine were there to show Aqua how to do work while having fun. Eventually, Suba focused on being an Idol while Aqua "always" was. There came a "need" for a second Generation as the company bought into being Idol focused. After years of hard work the 2nd Gen feels cohesive, even if they are a bit dysfunctional with half of them streaming erratically, as everyone's goals seem to be converging.

Aqua leaving after all these years could breed frustration as Subaru is leaning into being a dancing and singing machine, someone who can help lead their Gen as an Idol. Plus, Subaru is the one who sets up their yearly collabs so she seems really invested. But, Subaru also has a high emotional IQ and probably sympathizes with Aqua. That internal divide would be hard to overcome. Subaru finally is working towards something she finds really important, being her own type of Idol and it must be just that much more painful to know that she might be achieving it without someone important to why she started it in the first place. Also, it might be tough trying to do Gen Idol activities with Ayame, Shion and Choco. Their activities are almost separate planes of existence, truly Exodia, with even Gen 0 feeling closer to an Idol group.

I'm glad Subaru is pretty level headed and I hope she resolves her depression/frustration quickly. I'm more worried about menhera's like Matsuri who is crying on all her twitter accounts and Nene who is on a break, her call in hopefully was carthtic for her. A second massively beloved member has graduated Hololive but I hope that the talents can continue to grow closer because of it. Like NePoLaBo did. I'll continue to delude myself with optimism. :optimistic:

Negzana

Has Aqua gotten her alumni signature on the site yet?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Bro... :depressedtako:

Basically, one of the reasons why Subaru tried so hard with streaming is because she knows Gen 2 members arent streaming that much. She not taking any rest is also because she wanted to grow stronger and to be able to lead her genmates, and wanted to perform with everyone one day.
And Aqua was actually the one who did her best among the 2nd gen at first too, so she tried her best mimicking the Aqua she saw but she then announced graduation, which made her quite down.

And when she was talking about how she really tried her best so that Gen 2 could also do a live one day, she started crying.
She said even when she appeared in the gamers fes, even though she does think herself as a part of hologamers, in the end she is just a guest there, and that her place is in Gen 2 in the end.

From Subacord:

And for why she didnt tweet yesterday, its because she thought too much and couldnt express what she wanted to say properly, so she did her work and fell asleep instead.
She apologizes for making many people worry, like on twitter. She then said she might delete the archive too, maybe just the talking part.
Overall, she is doing fine, and have said everything that needs to be said and heard everything that needs to be heard already, and looking at Aqua for the past 6 years and hearing her future plans are already solid, she assented and would watch over her from now on.

Subaru started stream 15 minutes early to finally talk about her feelings. It was... tough to say the least.

• A lot of people were wondering if she was okay and she wanted to confirm that she is.
  • She and Aqua talked everything through and tied up any loose ends they could have had. She was reassured by Aqua's decision, felt confident that she had a clear plan going forward and wished her the best.
  • She already knew what Aqua is like after watching her for the past 5 years. The reason she didn't do any collabs was because she decided to keep watching from the side this past month.
  • She thought about collabing anyways, but knew she wouldn't be able to maintain her composure. We would expect happy, fun streams and she would have bawled her eyes out.
  • She explained why she herself has never taken a long break. Back when 2nd gen first debuted, she had no idea what she was doing. She wasn't popular at all and couldn't stream for long periods of time cause she'd get depressed.
  • At that time, Aqua was basically the leader of 2nd gen and Subaru felt inspired by that. She wanted to grow stronger and to be a leader like Aqua one day.
  • So when Aqua came back from her break all those years ago, Subaru was incredibly happy like everyone else. She didn't voice anything out about it though because she didn't want to put any weird pressure on Aqua.
  • She felt that if she tried her hardest and waited, she could be a great Gen 2 representative, push for them to have their own original songs, their own lives, their own events etc. She immediately broke down in tears here.
  • Even if the others took breaks, she felt that she could make it happen as long as she did her best, so she kept pushing without resting. She wanted to grow as a streamer, pull Gen 2 along with her and keep going together until those events/songs happened.
  • But then Aqua announced her graduation and it hit her incredibly hard. Even she was surprised by how depressed she got. She was working to make the Gen 2 original songs happen, but she cried she realized any group song they make now would be a graduation song. She was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"
  • She was moving forward with plans to make an original song, but the timing didn't work out for some reason. She regretted not pushing harder to make it happen.
  • People have long considered her part of Gamers considering how good a group of friends they are. She would hang out with them often especially when she was lonely. She herself started believing she was part of Gamers but when they did their live event, she was just a guest. It made her feel worse and that's when she realized, she's truly a member of Gen 2.
  • After thinking about it for a long time, she came to an answer yesterday. She understood that waiting for everyone like she did was just her being selfish. Aqua and Gen 2 has always done their own thing and will keep aiming for their own goals, so she'll do the same.
  • While she's not sure where her path is headed, she decided to do her best and keep moving forward anyway. And that's how she ended up at Sushiro today.
  • She went with some other members, talked it out and it helped her feel better. She wasn't even gonna stream today but the other members asked her to play together and she wanted to do her best. She wants to work harder because she knows Aqua is working hard. She felt like Botan noticed how puffy her eyes were from crying but didn't say anything.
  • She also thought about what life means and slept a lot. She wanted to tweet something out but couldn't get her thoughts in order so she just did her work and fell asleep. She couldn't even watch the live yesterday.
  • She saw a bunch of members saying "Take care" to Aqua but there was no way she could have said that without being a mess.
  • She also didn't want us, who work hard to support her, to see her like this. She spent the entire month keeping all of this to herself due to that and it felt miserable.
  • But her crying today reminded her of why she didn't wanna talk about this in the first place. She thought people coming home tired to watch her wouldn't wanna see her in tears.
  • But overall, Gen 2 members will do something once they decide to and that's a good thing.
  • Not sure if today's VOD will remain.
  • She told the other 7DTD girls that she'd talk about this before entering the server, so she felt kinda awkward going in.
  • From now on, she wants to become the Ultimate Strongest Oozora Subaru and to keep going forward with us.
  • If they ever get a chance to meet again, Subaru's gonna beat Aqua up lmao
  • She will not be talking about this again and asked if everyone was satisfied now. (Though she does plan to have a members stream tomorrow so I guess we'll see.)

I'm happy they worked it out but jesus fucking christ man I hate seeing her cry like that :depressedtako:

She's having fun with the other girls now at least.

Edit: Made some changes and added stuff after watching it again. Gotta say, I hated seeing it just as much the 2nd time. But I'm happy she's satisfied with the answer she came to. One of her dreams may have just been broken but she's going to keep moving on and I admire her even more for it. I'll be there supporting her every step of the way.

Duck love :pomuLove:

With Suba and Aqua, consider the difference in their journeys. Suba came to Hololive for a job while Aqua was looking for an outlet to have fun. Fubuki was Suba's mentor for streaming as she already was abruptly self sufficient due to circumstances. Mane-chan and Marine were there to show Aqua how to do work while having fun. Eventually, Suba focused on being an Idol while Aqua "always" was. There came a "need" for a second Generation as the company bought into being Idol focused. After years of hard work the 2nd Gen feels cohesive, even if they are a bit dysfunctional with half of them streaming erratically, as everyone's goals seem to be converging.

Aqua leaving after all these years could breed frustration as Subaru is leaning into being a dancing and singing machine, someone who can help lead their Gen as an Idol. Plus, Subaru is the one who sets up their yearly collabs so she seems really invested. But, Subaru also has a high emotional IQ and probably sympathizes with Aqua. That internal divide would be hard to overcome. Subaru finally is working towards something she finds really important, being her own type of Idol and it must be just that much more painful to know that she might be achieving it without someone important to why she started it in the first place. Also, it might be tough trying to do Gen Idol activities with Ayame, Shion and Choco. Their activities are almost separate planes of existence, truly Exodia, with even Gen 0 feeling closer to an Idol group.

I'm glad Subaru is pretty level headed and I hope she resolves her depression/frustration quickly. I'm more worried about menhera's like Matsuri who is crying on all her twitter accounts and Nene who is on a break, her call in hopefully was carthtic for her. A second massively beloved member has graduated Hololive but I hope that the talents can continue to grow closer because of it. Like NePoLaBo did. I'll continue to delude myself with optimism. :optimistic:

In conclusion, Hololive has Best Duck. And I imagine there was quite a lot of yelling when Aqua first told Subaru about it. That's not a quiet duck, either.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
Has Aqua gotten her alumni signature on the site yet?
1724976449921.png

Koronesuki

X-Potato
I'd love to see a graduation stream like Coco's where everyone in Hololive makes an appearance, but that's not a realistic expectation with Aqua, and Hololive is a lot bigger now than it was even back then.
Well, we didn't quite get that (no ID, EN, or DEV_IS members), but she did get to sing one last time with all of the remaining JP members, and she got an interview with Yagoo just like Coco did.

I managed to watch it without tearing up until that last song.

tragic amphibian

Since the graduation is over, here's a big dump of bittersweet Aqua art that I've come across in the last week

Fubuki's comments New

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan
Fubuki had an unarchived guerilla stream (no clips allowed) where she talked about Aqua.
Here's a summary from the Fubuki thread on /vt/. I made some changes to make it more readable.
As promised, here's my summary of today's unarchived stream.

Fubuki said she wants to talk about Akutan in this stream and noted that she hasn't really addressed the topic either on Twitter or on stream at all except for when she did the school project stream with Aqua. She had a lot to think about. She doesn't want to sound cold, but she felt a bit weird about how she was able to accept Aqua's decision so easily.
When she got the offer by Akutan to join her graduation live she was curious what she wanted to sing together, and when it ended up Little Busters she was really surprised at first, but she agreed that it was a good representation of their relationship and how it developed over these past six years. Unfortunately I don't know much about it, but looking up the lyrics to the song kind of made it made sense to me too. She thinks Aqua chose all the songs by herself so she must have put a lot of thought about what she wanted to sing with whom.

She said the interview was originally supposed to be narrated by A-chan, she saw her name was still on the script when she got it. It does seem to imply that the A-chan thing was a lot more sudden than this graduation which seems to have been in the works for quite a while, so Aqua must have been considering it for a long time. She was very happy to have had the opportunity to do the interview in A-chan's stead.

Someone said "Fubuki please don't leave us", but she told us not to jinx it by saying stuff like that, although she does understand the feeling. When the graduation finally came, she kind of felt conflicted about how she was able to just send her off and let her leave so easily. When Coco and Rushia left, she cried a lot, but with Aqua she was able to accept it readily.
She then said that most of us probably never even heard of this or maybe forgot about it, but Gen 1 originally had six members and there was a girl called [Hitomi] Chris, too, but she only ever talked to her a tiny bit. But what affected her the most by far was Mel. She's not too proud about it, but when she first heard about Aqua's graduation a while after Mel had left, her first thought was "so she gets to do a graduation stream". She kind of feels bad about thinking these kind of weird thoughts. She did cry when she first heard about it, but she accepted it relatively quickly and decided to be supportive and send Aqua off. She didn't treat her any different from the usual and tried not to talk about it and just wanted to spend the time they had left together normally.

When she was in the studio for a meeting with her manager after they had already recorded the graduation live guest performance, she was able to meet Akutan by chance one final time and their final conversation was just something like "Otsukare! You have work after this? Me too, let's do our best".
In retrospect she feels like it was perhaps a little TOO casual, given that both of them were probably aware that it was likely to be the last time they'd meet like this, but the words that came out of her mouth that felt right were just this normal conversation. She's not exactly regretting it, but she does wonder why she never ended up telling Aqua thanks for everything or something like that. She wonders if she maybe she just wanted to stop herself from ending up saying something like "don't leave" because she had decided to be accepting and send her off. Maybe it would have been better to have a last conversation and reminiscence a little instead, but she definitely didn't want to tell her to stop just so that she herself can feel better.
She also thinks that Aqua is not the kind of person to change course once she has made up her mind just because other people try to convince her, so it would not have been the right thing to do either way. But she did want to do something together with her before she left, so she decided to invite her to do the school project stream with Pekora.

She is still surprised at how easily accepted it in the end. She feels like it might have been the loss of Yozora Mel that kind of triggered this change in her. She wonders if it will be just like this time in the future when someone else leaves. Mel was especially difficult because she joined at the same time as Fubuki and they went through everything together, and not even a week before she left, they had that 1st Gen off-collab and talked about wanting to do more together this year. That really messed her up and she took a lot of emotional damage from what happened. And she thinks that kind of hardened her a little and changed her way of thinking, and that ended up kind of preparing her for Aqua's eventual graduation. It made her kind of appreciate the Holomen that are still with her and cherish them as long as she can.

She then quotes Jinbei "Stop counting only those things that you have lost!" and laughs and says maybe One Piece taught her this. She still has her friends! So she has to send of those that are leaving with a smile and treat them like nothing changed. She then pivots a little and says that for us fans, it's of course fine to cry and be sad as much as we need to about what happened. And if we still like Hololive, she would be happy if we come back and support everyone else even if Aqua is no longer there. But it might be hard to get over it, so she understands if someone wants to leave for good after this, too, and that is fine. And if after a long time, we feel like watching Hololive once more, then she is sure there will be a Holomen out there streaming and having fun for us to watch.
She then gave us a little anecdote about when they were recording the interview and there was the thing with Aqua's weight in the end and they had to reshoot that part three times because Aqua couldn't decide how to pose and how exactly to do the joke. Aqua's manager was also very moved when Aqua read her letter to her. Fubuki also thinks that it's great how long Aqua's manager was in charge of her. She also said the manager did kind of feel like Aqua's mother at times.

She then talks about the Little Busters song once more and how it made her feel when Aqua chose this one because of the lyrics. Seems like she was a little moved by the song choice and what it represents, but she wasn't really able to tell Aqua how she felt about it. The song is way too fitting, during these six years Aqua was both a rival and a friend to her, and the song choice made her reminiscence about the old days and how tough it was at times until 3rd Gen debuted and she kind of passed the torch to Marine and then we had 4th Gen, 5th Gen, EN, ID...

She became really nostalgic about the old days and the Non Stop Story era. It was a great time. She never did much with Aqua when it comes to collabs on stream, but they met a lot in the office and had opportunities to talk to each other then and even went to do stuff together in the past. She has a lot of great memories, and she is really glad that even though Aqua is not here anymore, her (and our!) memories of the time they spent together will not go anywhere and she would happy if we would keep cherishing these memories. She would also happy if we would keep celebrating her anniversary and her birthday and stuff, like the Kiryukai have been doing for Coco. Even if Aqua is not here anymore, Fubuki is sure that she would be happy about it and will look back fondly on her time at Hololive. It would also be nice if during events like Holofes or the Expo those whose (only) Oshi is Aqua would keep representing her by bringing her goods and stuff and having fun together as Aqua Crew still. There's also a chance that Aqua will be there as a fan, who knows! "Aqua, if you are watching right now, please stop watching, it's embarrassing!"

But no matter what Aqua is going to do from here on out, Fubuki is sure she will live on in us all and she would be happy if we would keep drawing fan art of her and stuff like that, too. It's now our duty to keep her alive by talking about her and passing on her legend to future generations. She then said she is glad we let her vent like this about how she felt. She asked us to take as much time as we need to process that she left and come to terms with it slowly. In the end, she wants us all to be happy and enjoy ourselves when we come to watch everyone's streams.

She probably won't talk about her thoughts regarding the situation again in the future and wants to stay positive from here on out, but she does really wish that nobody would leave, that nobody would have to leave so suddenly again. Her voice breaks down a little for the first time in the whole stream here and she said she feels like she might start crying, but managed to suppresses it. She then expresses her wish that if someone ends up leaving, it is on their own accord and with a graduation stream, and that she doesn't want anyone to suddenly have to disappear again because that is really scary to her. You could really feel that what happened to Mel really affected her.

PL sign of life New

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
First sign of life.

"It was the best summer"

And it can get even better
Edit: Amatsuki just said he isnt getting married and just announced his 5th Album

Last edited:

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter

It seems there's one more song from StartEnd.

Edit:

It's a pretty fitting song for the end of StartEnd

Last edited:

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan
The cover changed a part of the lyrics. [Archive]
Official lyrics:
僕は君と共に行く
I am going with you
(We will leave together)

StartEnd (Aqua part) lyrics:
僕は君と共にいる
I am with you
(We will be always together)

EDIT: There was another change at the end.
[Archive]
Thank you for meeting us

Thank you for staying with us

Even if you're not by my side, we'll always be together

On that day, we wished for an endless summer

What Aqua, Suisei, and Towa like about each other.

On Aqua's graduation day, Lamy was also present at the studio for a recording session. Lamy was unaware that she has the same manager as Shion. After a quick meeting with Aqua, she listened to Aqua and Shion's conversation from outside the room they were in.

Last edited:

RiverBear

"It was the best summer"

And it can get even better
Edit: Amatsuki just said he isnt getting married and just announced his 5th Album

Who is this supposed to be

ex_lurker

Who is this supposed to be
There's a rrat going on about how the reason Aqua is graduating is because she's getting married to that guy

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

The Rrat

Early Adopter
The girls are definitely doing their best to keep her alive a little longer.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
You'll probably want to skip to the TLDR at the bottom since all of this is just me sperging :shubaIapprob:

I'll start with this for context though. Here's everything that Subaru did during the week Aqua's graduation was announced:

Right after the announcement, she posted two tweets that she deleted almost immediately:
View attachment 76974
"I wish you would have just stayed."
"That's just me being selfish though."

(This part is especially rrat-y but bear with me). Subaru posted a cover song on her birthday last month. It's a vocaloid song titled "In Case You're Gonna Jump"

The instrumentals are upbeat but it's a bit of a darker song, especially for a Subaru cover. It's basically about someone trying to stop their friend from jumping off a roof by reminding them of their friendship. There are some interesting lyrics:

Coincidental lyrics don't mean anything but the more interesting part is that the day after Aqua's announcement, Subaru made the cover private. Here's a JP Subatomo tweet talking about it. Then the cover went back up about 4-5 hours after that, but with comments turned off. Here's another tweet talking about it coming back. Again, this doesn't exactly mean anything but is worth mentioning considering the timing.

On her morning stream that Friday, she said she would not talk about Aqua on stream as it'd get her sad.

Here's exactly what she said:
"By the way, there are a lot of people expecting me to talk about Minato Aqua-san, but it'll make me sad so I won't talk about it on stream. It's gonna be sad so I won't be talking about it on stream, please understand."

After that she sees chat posting sad emojis and stuff and follows up with:

"See, the vibes are gonna get like this, that's why I don't wanna bring it up! We've been having good conversations but I don't think I want to bring it up on stream so I won't."

She ends the stream with that awkward laughing tone and then later on Twitter, bans any clips of that part.

And then after that, nothing. Subaru never talks about Aqua again nor does she ever talk to her again in public. The last time they talked on stream was around a month ago during the finale of HoloARK, about a week before Aqua's announcement. She asked Aqua and Choco to take a photo together as Gen 2 reps.

That is all that's happened. Everything after this is just my personal thoughts and rrating.

Honestly, I'd be willing to believe everything is fine just from Subaru saying that they were talking to each other a while ago. But these weeks of essentially pretending Aqua doesn't exist have been awkward and made me wonder if she's bottling up her feelings.

Some other random tidbits and speculation:
  • So we know from Mio that even up till 2 weeks ago, some Holos were still trying to convince Aqua to stay. Towa admitted she was one of them but she accepted the decision after listening to Aqua talk about it. I fully believe Subaru was another one, but she was much less accepting and as time went on, it began to hurt her badly.
  • Besides Shion, Subaru was the one Aqua was closest to in Gen 2. Especially back in the early days, they relied on each other a ton and talked fairly often. Aqua still had the introvert barrier but Subaru was one of the reasons she started to open up. She considers Aqua a sister and always thought that they could get through any issues together. Aqua said she had thought about quitting years ago and I'm certain Subaru was one of the reasons she didn't, along with Norio, Mea, Shion etc.
  • We know from her last members stream that Aqua made the decision to graduate around April 27th and likely told the girls at the start of May. Subaru's cover came out for her birthday on July 2nd. Honestly, I don't really believe Subaru's cover is something dedicated to Aqua, but I would understand if it was true. Covers can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, so it definitely could have happened within the time frame. That part doesn't really matter though.
  • There was a morning stream about 2 months ago where Subaru said something happened that made her "explode with stress." After which, she went to get yakiniku by herself. Miko noticed and texted her, asking if she was okay, then they hung out and Subaru felt better. It could have been nothing to do with Aqua but it also could have been related.
  • Aqua had her birthday call-ins on 8/8. People expected Subaru to call in because she always has, but this time she didn't. It was a little offputting cause Subaru was streaming Super Mario by herself at the time, a game she could have easily paused for a few minutes to go say happy birthday.

I was also gonna mention what @NafsuBuas735 posted with the translation of Aqua's note to Subaru. One part stuck out to me. This right here:
"Thank you for clashing/squaring off against me with your everything."

Aqua uses 「ぶつかって」 here which means to clash/conflict/collide. Even as Aqua was writing the note, she was wondering if this wording was gonna sound weird, but went ahead and used it anyways. It was odd to me because as much as I've known these two, they've never really "clashed" about anything on stream. They certainly pulled pranks on each other, messed around and beat each other up in games like Minecraft/ARK/etc. Maybe that's what Aqua was referring to. She could also be referring to how their opposite natures of introvert/extrovert clashed with each other. But it made me wonder what if she was referring to something else.

SO BASICALLY, what I think happened is that for months, Subaru kept trying to convince Aqua to cancel her graduation. Likely more so than anyone else. We know how passionate she can be. But as she kept trying and as Aqua kept denying her, she felt worse and worse. Norio said she blamed herself after she found out about Aqua's choice, I think Subaru did the same but x100. She started feeling massive regret, maybe not being there more or not talking to her more etc. And in that sadness, she could have gotten a bit heated. I don't think she said anything harsh or insulting or that it turned into an argument. But she likely raised her voice, cried and even begged at some point. That might have been what Aqua meant when she said "thanks for clashing against me with everything." After Subaru realized she couldn't change Aqua's mind though, she did what she usually does and tried to avoid thinking about it altogether.

Now one of the things I love about Subaru is that she's not like most women. Women tend to hold on to grudges and negative feelings for as long as possible, while Subaru has always tried to find the quickest way to make herself feel better. Have an issue with management or perms? Come up with even more ideas/plans. Feeling stressed or overworked? Get some yakiniku or watch some Yugioh. Have ghosts in your house? Literally just stop caring. It's simple as hell but it's effective and something I admire about her. The thing is though, she's been trying to apply this method to what's happening with Aqua. By not interacting on stream and not talking about it, she's trying to force herself to stop being sad and just move on.

But this isn't something as simple as having a bad day. One of her best friends is leaving the company they've been at for 6 years. It's something she needs to accept but can't and it's been eating at her for months. So you have the fact that it's just plain sad, then you have Subaru hating how selfish she's being as well the guilt that could be there. Not to mention the pressure she feels to not let any of this be known as Hololive's "Sun Girl" and basically, all of that is why things are the way they are currently.

SUPER TLDR: Subaru's just really depressed that Aqua's gone. She fought hard to get Aqua to stay but failed and likely blamed herself. She also hates how selfish she's been in wanting Aqua to stay and by not acknowledging any of her feeling publicly, she's basically trying to force herself to not be sad and just move past all of it. Her role as Hololive's "Sun Girl" and desire to be happy in front of her fans is also adding onto this.

Just reiterating, all of this is a rrat and Subaru could currently be the happiest duck in the world right now (which is what I want honestly). This is just me overthinking and speculating based on how the past few weeks have gone. And yes, I am an autistic fuck. How did you know?
:BijouBijou:

It wasnt even a rrat you where almost right
Truly the strongest Gen2fag of this forum :subaruclapping:

Top Bottom