"My dog understands both English and Chinese. Or like certain phrases. We say 'dinner time' and we say 'going out' and we say 'I'm gonna cook you' in Chinese. And he knows those three phrases"Himemiya Rie

Nijisanji L Collection

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Uh, no of course not. Really it was just an actor pretending to be a vtuber..... But they did initially have some folks convinced it was CGI even though that was impossible with the tech of the day.
Look I didn't have cable as a kid ok I just heard he was a robot

VSoyBoy

The dude behind the curtain was the first VTuber, back when Live2D was still steam-powered

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
CGI has technically existed since the late 1800s so.
(I am trying to write a long ass essay about vtubers which will probably never see the light of day)

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Max Headroom wasn't a program tracking and processing the actor's entire face in real time though, unless I'm misremembering and they had this shit figured out 40 years ago. I know Facerig started being a thing at least a decade ago because Jerma made a terrible FNAF video bit out of it (holy fuck tenth anniversary on this video I am aging as we speak), but I highly doubt he was the only one who fucked around with Facerig when it came out.
Live2D has been around since 2012 and Facerig since 2014, there were anime girl 4chan threads in that era

VSoyBoy

:ameliaThink::ameliaThink::ameliaThink::ameliaThink:

Now, Uki tweets a lot, but this is the first time that I've something like replying to things containing former colleagues from him.
Also, the crotch holding frame became one of those redraw challenges and I've seen most of the Holostars and several other VTubers with crushed balls already.

In other news: Two weeks until cringe returns

A little over one and a half months after his graduation.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

:ameliaThink::ameliaThink::ameliaThink::ameliaThink:

Now, Uki tweets a lot, but this is the first time that I've something like replying to things containing former colleagues from him.
Also, the crotch holding frame became one of those redraw challenges and I've seen most of the Holostars and several other VTubers with crushed balls already.

In other news: Two weeks until cringe returns

A little over one and a half months after his graduation.

Quinn doing an impression of Andy Serkis in new zealand?
GYfoLhKaMAAUst1.jpeg

God's Strongest Dragoon

We'd probably do the best of it out of any community site. Anywhere else is either too much of a cheerleader for this or that talent/corpo or just too full of retarded trolls. TVA's got a nice balance of gay cheerleaders (like me, for HoloPromise lol)
Promisefags shouldn't be allowed to contribute. They'd just rewrite history with dumb shit like "Council was as popular as Myth!".
I agree, but in the timeline we inhabit it's Hololive that pulls the trigger first and it's been pretty heavily implied by everyone involved that Cover only felt pressured to do so by the strong overseas response to Coco's meme reviews - including a super active Reddit community
Thank you for proving my point. The Western audience was already watching Hololive because after Miko's GTA moment, westerners realized they wanted to watch retarded Japanese women make retarded noises they barely comprehend. Auditions for EN were likely already in the pipeline before Coco became popular. Miko, Korone, and Haato were already bringing in EOPs throwing USD at them before Coco's meme reviews took off.
I think it benefited from the overall vtuber boom but it was always from people who already watched Niji and decided to try their hand at shilling their oshi
And then their proper EN gen dropped and alot of general interest in some of the more obscure NijiJPs evaporated alongside their retarded clipping guidelines
Always interesting to see how Holo is very much into mixing their language gens and Niji just makes them each use their own fountain

Niji opening a fucking IN branch and then attempting to hastily rebrand it into EN is probably one of the funniest fumbles in vtubing and an indicator of how retarded as a company niji was before any of its major yabs started rolling
The funny thing is that Niji actually had a leg up with Hana generating a following among the EN community early on. Then they fumbled the West and Indonesia. Instead of Niji solidifying themselves in the West, Niji became literal whos to the Western audience until they exploded in popularity with Luxiem.
If the Selen drama had been fully contained to this thread we'd be well over 1k, Nijisanji never fails to disappoint.
The Selen drama was spread across like 3-4 threads. We'd probably be nearing a new Niji L thread if it was all contained here.

Last edited:

Smelliest007

Wrap it up folks, its time for a Niji W thread. What's your favorite Nij win? Mine was when they beat back the damnable McDonalds shylocks! Thank you pink woman!

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Wrap it up folks, its time for a Niji W thread. What's your favorite Nij win? Mine was when they beat back the damnable McDonalds shylocks! Thank you pink woman!
My favorite moment is when those filthy Holonigroids got BTFO'D and their corposlop got epically MOGGED by salome getting 6 gorrillion subs in a day, GURA IMPENDING SUICIDE, HOLOBRONIES ON SUICIDE WATCH.

Top Bottom