"Can I say 'happy birthday' to Phase Connect, everyone at Phase Connect, except for Sakana"Lia Rinkou's mom

Nijisanji L Collection

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
but it is Kunai's graduation day today and her accounts will go private in around 18 hours.
weird
Did nijisanji always lock the twitters of Talents that are graduating?
It makes sense with terminations, but I think in Holo, the Twitter remains open if its a normal ass graduation

Limkin

It makes sense with terminations, but I think in Holo, the Twitter remains open if its a normal ass graduation
What makes you think it was a normal graduation when she was sadposting on PL for months? They are probably half begging half threatening everyone to stay to not drag the reputation even further into a mud, even refusing to renew the contract and leave at this point would be perceived as hostile action

Bronze

weird
Did nijisanji always lock the twitters of Talents that are graduating?
EN graduated accounts are all locked so apparently at least for the branch

chihirogumi

A minor L, but an L nonetheless: the VTuber Legend anime ended today and had some VTubers in the credits:
View attachment 78955
  • Kizuna Ai
  • Cyber Girl Siro
  • Noja Loli Oji-san
  • Baacharu
  • Fuji Aoi
  • Ponpoko
  • Peanuts-kun
  • Omega Sisters
  • Hiyatoi Reiko
  • Virtual Gorilla
  • Tomari Mari
  • Enogu
  • Imasaka Hakuno
  • Suou Patra
  • Hatoba Tsugu
  • Mimic
  • Aoi Sakura
  • Hololive: Aki Rosenthal
Notably, no one from Nijisanji is there. Luckily, Aoi Sakura is there to rep all the ex-Livers, though. L for Nijisanji, big W for @chihirogumi's waifu.
:dokiSmugNew:
Haven't seen this, but I feel obligated to at least give the first episode a watch now.
Lol yeah.
Honestly I'm really disappointed with it. The author basically took the most boring, generic and simplistic approach possible (probably to not put in any effort).

Imagine a vtuber anime with the production value of oshi no ko or love live, shit would slap.
Some tropey examples which would've worked a million times better:
  • Underdog (or group of underdogs) compete to get into a big corpo, or to win some big event and go up in the world. (Basically love live)
  • Seemingly normal girl gets drafted into a corpo by mistake or some other shenanigans, discovers passion for vtubing
  • Inverse previous idea and make the girl discover the dark secrets of the industry with hefty doses of drama
  • Alternate virtual world where vtuber avatars exist, underdog girl gets transported in and has to save the world or whatever, wacky hijinks ensue
  • Ultra futuristic world where vtubers dominate everything and the top corpo is like a replacement for the government and dictates everything and they have to fight for le freedomz
  • Generic story of "follow your dreams" which derives its sauce from a clinical examination of the industry on the side
  • Mundane workplace story but with vtubers where interpersonal drama and the lives of the characters are the selling points
  • Mundane workplace story where the main character is a secret vtuber by night and nobody must know their identity but it gets harder as they become more famous
Instead we got... slice of life... with vtubers. Where we do... things vtubers do.... wow.
I kinda want to see HoloGra get upgraded to a fullblown anime, even if the voice acting might suck for some talents. I think that'd be a cool twist to the slice of life genre.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Haven't seen this, but I feel obligated to at least give the first episode a watch now.

I kinda want to see HoloGra get upgraded to a fullblown anime, even if the voice acting might suck for some talents. I think that'd be a cool twist to the slice of life genre.
Hologra only works as low budget fever dream imo, a proper anime with the nonsense that happens in it would just be a waste of money and time.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Hologra only works as low budget fever dream imo, a proper anime with the nonsense that happens in it would just be a waste of money and time.
So, Nichijou.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Yeah. Also the girls already have so much offscreen work to do. Imagine asking them to voice act an entire anime. They wouldnt have the energy to stream at the end of the day.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Yeah. Also the girls already have so much offscreen work to do. Imagine asking them to voice act an entire anime. They wouldnt have the energy to stream at the end of the day.
People would call it a sign that the company is becoming evil and corporate for sure.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
A minor L, but an L nonetheless: the VTuber Legend anime ended today and had some VTubers in the credits:
View attachment 78955
  • Kizuna Ai
  • Cyber Girl Siro
  • Noja Loli Oji-san
  • Baacharu
  • Fuji Aoi
  • Ponpoko
  • Peanuts-kun
  • Omega Sisters
  • Hiyatoi Reiko
  • Virtual Gorilla
  • Tomari Mari
  • Enogu
  • Imasaka Hakuno
  • Suou Patra
  • Hatoba Tsugu
  • Mimic
  • Aoi Sakura
  • Hololive: Aki Rosenthal
Notably, no one from Nijisanji is there. Luckily, Aoi Sakura is there to rep all the ex-Livers, though. L for Nijisanji, big W for @chihirogumi's waifu.
:dokiSmugNew:
That list alone grinds my bones to dust holy

Has it really been that long?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Has anyone been checking r/kurosanji recently? I've never seen such blatant coping and defense made for Froot over there. Basically trying to justify her cheating on her husband and claiming that her involvement in the Hogwarts drama was a nothing burger.

I guess old habits never die with these pathetic fucks. Reddit really is cancer.
A lot of them were Vshojo/anti-JP corpo western fags. So now that the spotlight is on Froot, they're losing their shit. Predditors are always duplicitous shits.

Security

That list alone grinds my bones to dust holy

Has it really been that long?

Sir, in my eyes, 2017 hasn't even happened yet.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Sir, in my eyes, 2017 hasn't even happened yet.
Sir, open your eyes, there's teenagers that never even knew the twin towers existed and hardly know anything about 9/11.

Security

Sir, open your eyes, there's teenagers that never even knew the twin towers existed and hardly know anything about 9/11.

That can't be true. The oldest person born after 9/11 would be like, two years old.

tgmslc

That can't be true. The oldest person born after 9/11 would be like, two years old.
Someone born on the eve of 9/11 is old enough to have gotten a bachelor's degree. The Afghanistan war lasted long enough that there were kids old enough to fight in it that hadn't even been born when the towers fell.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
People would call it a sign that the company is becoming evil and corporate for sure.
I missed this comment, but there was a video on the official hololive channel featuing the staff. If you look at the comments, jp fans were not happy at all about it.

While i do agree with them that it takes away time from the talents with kinda useless videos, i feel like its a bit exaggerated from them. They've been doing these kind of videos for years and afaik its not mandated to participate in the official channel videos.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I missed this comment, but there was a video on the official hololive channel featuing the staff. If you look at the comments, jp fans were not happy at all about it.

While i do agree with them that it takes away time from the talents with kinda useless videos, i feel like its a bit exaggerated from them. They've been doing these kind of videos for years and afaik its not mandated to participate in the official channel videos.

We discussed this in the ame thread, jp fags were mad because the MALE staff asked the talents questions, literally no other reason. We have also theorized it was probably a raid from 5ch.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
We discussed this in the ame thread, jp fags were mad because the MALE staff asked the talents questions, literally no other reason. We have also theorized it was probably a raid from 5ch.
I need to catch up with the ame thread then

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Don't, it's every bit as boring as Kizuna one. They had exactly one half-decent idea with company onboarding MCs literal schizo stalker, but pissed it away not doing anything. And "artistic" choice of showing them as avatars all the time is fucking horrible. Lazy boring slop.

lolwatagain

Don't, it's every bit as boring as Kizuna one. They had exactly one half-decent idea with company onboarding MCs literal schizo stalker, but pissed it away not doing anything. And "artistic" choice of showing them as avatars all the time is fucking horrible. Lazy boring slop.
You do realize that the anime is an adaptation of a light novel right?

It's not an artistic choice to show them as their avatars all the time. I don't think they even had character designs for the non-vtuber models in the light novel. Or if t hey did, you can't find the illustration online.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
You do realize that the anime is an adaptation of a light novel right?

It's not an artistic choice to show them as their avatars all the time. I don't think they even had character designs for the non-vtuber models in the light novel. Or if t hey did, you can't find the illustration online.
First time i hear it was a noveI (yes i don't care to do my reps on this slop). Anyway, it is an artistic choice still, be it in writing or illustration. Or more like, lazy omission that they decided not to fill.

Top Bottom