"You're drowning, but in the lead, and that's all that matters."Ouro Kronii

Nijisanji L Collection

JusticeDog

I mean, eventually Riku will be the only shareholder left, at this rate. Right? :optimistic::depressedtako:
I recall during the last shareholder update, his owned shares actually went down a little.
So he may be dipping too :rikutazumi:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
The question is "can the character on screen express the emotion they are trying to convey?". The real problem for Anycolor livers is that rigging doesn't allow for enough facial expression. It isn't 2021 anymore, which is why almost all of their new members keep falling pretty flat. Everything comes down, for them, to if they can express everything with their voice. They don't get the benefit of the doubt since the industry has moved so far long in face tracking. Salome, for instance, was able to overcome that by hitting everyone with the Desu Wa, but that's kind of the exception. Anycolor streamers are almost PNGtubers compared to where the industry is at.

Now, I do happen to watch both Juniper and Honey Goblin, who have done some amazing rigging of their own models, so I do have a preference towards more expressive models. However, the point stands about the expressiveness and where just "industry standard" is at. Anycolor at least has competent designs for each streamer, but the liver is left with little extra in the way of support within the Visual Medium.

To further my point, since I brought up Salome and the Chinchilla was recently streaming.

vs

Go to any chunk of the video where they're playing a game. Salome's model is much more Detailed, but it's stiff as hell, barely tracks any of her mouth movement and doesn't naturally move around slightly like a human does. Compare that with Hana's much flatter and less detailed model that is far more responsive and moves much more naturally while just sitting there. That's the debuff Nijisanji livers now have to actually get over.

Never noticed it, but Salome's (lack of) motion reminds me of Subaru's: just barely functional.

Luckily, her performance, like Subaru, carries her past it, but god damn, imagine Salome's model and act with some rigging that doesn't suck.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Never noticed it, but Salome's (lack of) motion reminds me of Subaru's: just barely functional.

Luckily, her performance, like Subaru, carries her past it, but god damn, imagine Salome's model and act with some rigging that doesn't suck.
Salome with even Pippa's or Tenma's rigging would be so incredibly expressive. Let alone in the Dokibird class. I'm not sure anyone is even in Juniper's class right now that isn't using a 3D model, but the Desu Wa would hit hard if she could flip hands around real fast.

Anycolor Q&A with investors New

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
About rigging quality, my opinion is that those extremely high quality riggings used by indies are overrated. Riggings just need to be of decent quality with no obvious defects (eg. Gura's floating ears).

Many times we have seen people talking about how they like X and Y vtubers because they are entertaining or they like their designs, but never have we seen someone talking about how much they like their oshi because of their "amazing movements".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
Anycolor Q&A with investors.
Some highlights, but it's from Kurosanji.

Last edited:
(YAB) Shirayuki Tomoe on hiatus New

Smelliest007

Shirayuki Tomoe goes on hiatus

4bb2a8e3abc305e3a57a3cbf843bcf85.png

Tweet TL: We will be taking a break from streaming for a while.I would appreciate it if you could take a look at it.Projects, events and videos will proceed and appear as scheduled.In addition, YouTube membership and the Shirayuki Tomoe FAN CLUB site will continue to operate, and we will provide further information on each content.

White Paper TL:
This article has been checked in advance by my manager and company and I have received permission to post it.
Thank you for your continued support. This is Shirayuki Tomoe.
I thought I would be able to start streaming this weekend, but it's just not going to be possible. I know that you're all waiting for me, but I'm really sorry that I can't respond to your feelings.
I thought that the time I took off would only make people worry, so I wanted to start streaming as soon as possible, and I was working hard and positively towards that goal, but the truth is that I've been going through a lot of hard times lately, and every time I tried to overcome something, I just kept running into new hardships, which were all external factors that I couldn't do anything about, and my mind and body are completely exhausted, causing all kinds of abnormalities. This is Shirayuki's current state.
I kept writing and erasing my honest thoughts like this over and over again. I don't think it's good for me, an activist who should be delivering fun times, to say things like this.
I felt it would be dishonest to just keep quiet when there are so many people who believe in me and are waiting for me to join in, so I thought I should explain why I am taking a break from distribution, including Snow White's condition, and after much deliberation, I have decided to speak out.
I am truly sorry if this decision makes you feel bad, but that is the situation right now.
And I have a request for those of you who have read this far.
Recently, I have witnessed the spread of various speculations and unfounded false information about me, Shirayuki Tomoe, as well as many very unpleasant expressions and comments. Please stop. For those that have already been posted, please delete them immediately. I am deeply hurt by this, and it is a major factor preventing me from recovering physically and mentally and continuing to work as before. I intend to take appropriate action against malicious comments.
Currently, Shirayuki is working to recover physically and mentally with the help of people she can trust, including ANYCOLOR. When her condition improves enough that she can resume streaming, she would like to resume streaming without touching upon any of these issues. At that time, she would like everyone to continue to treat her in the same way as before.
I sincerely hope that the day will come when we can spend happy days together again as before. We are moving forward positively to continue our activities as before, so we would appreciate it if you could continue to watch over us.
This was a long post, but thank you for reading this far.

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Many times we have seen people talking about how they like X and Y vtubers because they are entertaining or they like their designs, but never have we seen someone talking about how much they like their oshi because of their "amazing movements".
It doesn't make a difference for vtubers I'm already invested in, but for new vtubers I might be checking out, it does make a difference. Good rigging makes me watch a bit longer, gives them a little more time for the sale.

The rigging isn't the first thing people talk about, but just like management, good rigging (and good piloting by the vtuber!) stays in the background, is there and helps finalising the sale.

With an old and established vtuber (e.g. Suisei), stiff movement can be a bit of a retro throwback, maybe it even adds to the charm. Either way, people know what they're getting, so the rigging doesn't matter.

With a new vtuber, well, there's no prior history and suddenly the rigging is a lot more in the foreground than it is for OGs.

That's it from the sales perspective, of course. But there's another one. Assuming you're a vtuber... wouldn't you want to look and move your best? I imagine that most indies look at their rigging less as a sales pitch and more as a matter of "I want it to be great! I want to look great! I want to move naturally!"

I imagine it just feels nicer.

frz

It doesn't make a difference for vtubers I'm already invested in, but for new vtubers I might be checking out, it does make a difference. Good rigging makes me watch a bit longer, gives them a little more time for the sale.

The rigging isn't the first thing people talk about, but just like management, good rigging (and good piloting by the vtuber!) stays in the background, is there and helps finalising the sale.

With an old and established vtuber (e.g. Suisei), stiff movement can be a bit of a retro throwback, maybe it even adds to the charm. Either way, people know what they're getting, so the rigging doesn't matter.

With a new vtuber, well, there's no prior history and suddenly the rigging is a lot more in the foreground than it is for OGs.

That's it from the sales perspective, of course. But there's another one. Assuming you're a vtuber... wouldn't you want to look and move your best? I imagine that most indies look at their rigging less as a sales pitch and more as a matter of "I want it to be great! I want to look great! I want to move naturally!"

I imagine it just feels nicer.
Tbf biboo exists, she debuted with ultra stiff rigging. To the point that she's permanently stuck in :D mode. Im pretty sure her waabyuu model has better rigging. The scuffness actually added to her charms and it stuck with her.

To me rigging is more like a bell curve. Where the low effort ones are ultra dogshit unwatchable, most being acceptable, and then there are too much rigging where it turned me off (ultra boobs jiggling, model constantly swaying left and right and what the fuck "lean" does)

Tl;dr rigging shouldn't stick out like a sore thumbs and generally just background shit. The personality is what keep people being engaged.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Jumping in on this rigging conversation, in my opinion having rigging past B quality on debut (while appreciated) doesn't improve my opinion of the vtuber much at all, it doesn't have to be phenomenal but it can't be shit. However refusing to to improve it, either on new models or a 2.0, after years of success (a 2/3 view that does this as a hobby doesn't need to worry about this) shows an unwillingness to invest in yourself, and that can be a bad thing.

Limkin

"Tsurui: "The other day, there was an act of infringement of the rights of our VTubers by an external creator, and I think that the publication of past videos has been suspended in relation to this.

Tanasumi: We are conducting non-public correspondence. We believe that such videos will have a considerable impact because they were originally in high demand, but we believe that the impact on our business in terms of earnings will be small."
The impact will be small he said. I've heard this one somewhere before. And the impact wasn't very small. In fact, it was very much not negligible

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
To me rigging is more like a bell curve. Where the low effort ones are ultra dogshit unwatchable, most being acceptable, and then there are too much rigging where it turned me off (ultra boobs jiggling, model constantly swaying left and right and what the fuck "lean" does)
Note that when I talk about "good" rigging, I don't mean "flopping about like a pudding".

Good rigging approaches the natural. Real humans don't flop about like that.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
"Tsurui: "The other day, there was an act of infringement of the rights of our VTubers by an external creator, and I think that the publication of past videos has been suspended in relation to this.

Tanasumi: We are conducting non-public correspondence. We believe that such videos will have a considerable impact because they were originally in high demand, but we believe that the impact on our business in terms of earnings will be small."
The impact will be small he said. I've heard this one somewhere before. And the impact wasn't very small. In fact, it was very much not negligible
He's not exactly wrong here. Old MVs don't do much money, covers do even less, privating them won't affect revenue.

I find it funny how they discover that plushies sell better than YCH acrylic trash.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

He's not exactly wrong here. Old MVs don't do much money, covers do even less, privating them won't affect revenue.

I find it funny how they discover that plushies sell better than YCH acrylic trash.
Well, considering Nijisanji don't fund those videos and purely make money off them, this is just a continued showcase of their faggotry. I am sure the talents would rather get the videos they put a lot of hard work into back and yet here their corpo is going "well, they don't make US money, so why should we bother?"

Fuck them

Smelliest007

Wouldn't it fuck up their youtube discoverability algorithm?

frz

who the fuck are these people
Wouldn't it fuck up their youtube discoverability algorithm?
yes, completely

Smelliest007

who the fuck are these people
Probably the Google translate of Tazumi and shareholder asking question.

Reactions: frz

Limkin

Well, considering Nijisanji don't fund those videos and purely make money off them, this is just a continued showcase of their faggotry. I am sure the talents would rather get the videos they put a lot of hard work into back and yet here their corpo is going "well, they don't make US money, so why should we bother?"
If they end up graduating some people who worked with the creep it's basically a list of his victims who reported it, and they want them gone from the company so they can't spread it around

frz

If they end up graduating some people who worked with the creep it's basically a list of his victims who reported it, and they want them gone from the company so they can't spread it around
welp, there are like 3 nijisanji JP I actually like, tomoe, rika & sara. If one of them end up getting terminated over this then fuck them. Go die in a ditch.
I heard this Sakura Aoi is establishing a new Vtuber group called reborn, she could use some big names, who know it might be the next vshojo.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

I suppose it could not be a thing of direct revenue since they're either covers or have been long past their prime time debut but i feel like a mass privating really erodes public trust, considering its something as loopable as an MV.
Plus its a very direct spotlight on what YAB allegedly did to Niji talents that went unreported for so long
I doubt its going to be negligble, yet again

frz

I suppose it could not be a thing of direct revenue since they're either covers or have been long past their prime time debut but i feel like a mass privating really erodes public trust, considering its something as loopable as an MV.
Plus its a very direct spotlight on what YAB allegedly did to Niji talents that went unreported for so long
I doubt its going to be negligble, yet again
yeah idk why the fuck they self reported this hard. Just keep the MV on and noone will know. Delete YAB from the credits, it's not that hard. If the credit is in the video, just cut that section entirely and credit people in the description. Youtube literally have tools for you to remove seconds/sections from already uploaded videos.
Imo im buying the rrats that the talents are getting punished for reporting it.

FY2025 Q1 Investor Q&A translation New

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Probably the Google translate of Tazumi and shareholder asking question.
Tsurui is the CFO. Shareholder names are not shared in the Q and A, so I assume the other one is Tazumi. My google translate does not like his name at all, and the transcript site lists only Riku and Tsurui as speakers.

Speaking of which:

Q&A: Regarding the increase in commerce revenue in the second quarter earnings forecast

Tsurui : “Regarding the second quarter earnings forecast, could you please provide a little more information on the details of the increase in sales, especially in commerce? For example, the increase in sales compared to the first quarter is due to the implementation of measures to increase sales per SKU rather than the number of SKUs. Is this what you have in mind? Also, based on the current situation, how are you feeling toward achieving your plan?

Regarding SKUs and sales per SKU, I have an image of increasing sales per SKU.

As we have been working on commerce initiatives, we have noticed that the products that sell are changing as the coronavirus pandemic subsides, especially around the beginning of the year.

Currently, sales of stuffed animal products are extremely high, while sales of products such as acrylic stands, which have long been our standard products, have slowed down somewhat. Because of these changes, we are taking measures to expand our lineup of trend-setting products in order to respond to changes in merchandise.

This is reflected in the period from September to October. Considering the manufacturing and ordering time, there is a lag of about six months from the time a decision is made until the product actually appears in stores, so the measures will only become effective from the second quarter onwards.

Therefore, by changing the contents to SKUs of products that sell well, we will increase sales per SKU, and from the third quarter onwards, we will steadily implement additional measures related to commerce and media based on the current situation. and achieve the plan.

Takuno: As Tsurii just explained, puppets and stuffed animal products are also initiatives that are making good progress, and even taking into account the current situation, I believe we can make sufficient efforts to achieve our plans.

Q&A: Reasons for the rise in direct variable costs and trends from the second quarter onwards

Tsurui : ``In terms of direct variable costs, please tell us why the actual figures for the first quarter rose slightly compared to the previous year.In addition, what kind of trends should we see from the second quarter onwards compared to the first quarter? Is that a good idea?” is the question.

Direct variable costs for the first quarter increased by just under 1% compared to the same period last year. This in itself is not considered a bad result.

In terms of commerce, sales per SKU can increase due to large sales of the same product, allowing companies to enjoy relative volume and scale benefits.

In that sense, the composition is the first quarter of last year, when sales were extremely high, and the first quarter of this year, where sales were slightly down.However, variable costs remained almost flat. I believe this is the result of successful cost control.

I think the trend from the second quarter onwards will remain at the same level as the first quarter. Naturally, there are slight differences in the cost rate depending on the product, and there is a possibility that it may increase or decrease slightly depending on the mix, but we believe that it can be stably maintained at a generally constant level.

Q&A: Regarding the timing of shareholder return measures and standards for dividend payout ratio

Tsuri : My question is, "What criteria did you use to decide on the timing of announcing shareholder returns and the dividend payout ratio?"

At the timing of the previous financial results announcement, we announced the company's shareholder return plan for the next three years, the balance between growth investment and returns, and its scale.

Among them, we announced that we plan to return approximately 30 billion yen in total over three years. As for the method of return, we were mainly considering the acquisition of company stock.

However, if we consider comprehensively the current shareholder structure of our company and the status of outstanding shares, we believe that share buybacks will continue to be the main method of return, rather than all of the returns being through share buybacks. We have determined that it is appropriate to maintain a balance with dividends while positioning this as such.

Although there is a certain degree of volatility in sales, our business performance has remained stable in terms of profit margins. Furthermore, we are not in a situation where large amounts of capital or other investments will be required.

In light of this situation, I began to think about dividend policy, thinking that there might be a more predictable and stable form of return. Regarding the dividend payout ratio, we mainly consider whether the dividend level is realistically sustainable and stable.

Therefore, this change in dividend policy is positioned as a slight change to the assumptions of the return method while following the previously disclosed return policy.

Q&A: Regarding the specific effects of studio expansion

Tsuri : My question is, ``Please tell me the specific effects of the studio expansion.''

Takuno : Regarding the expansion of the studio, as I explained in the previous article, we are currently making preparations for the start of operation of the new studio in the fall. The plan is to triple the current size.

I believe that the studio is a fundamental part that is necessary when creating various types of content. We hope that by expanding our studio space, we will be able to create more appealing content and take measures that will further fascinate our customers.

Q&A: About the characteristics of trending goods and illustrations

Tsuri : The question is, "Please tell us about the characteristics of trending goods and illustrations."

Takuno : As for the trending goods, the stuffed animal products that I mentioned earlier are really trending right now.

Regarding illustrations, it's difficult to say specifically what the characteristics are, as they vary depending on the target user, but it's important to use illustrations and reactions that are easy to reach customers on SNS and YouTube. I believe that the characteristics of a good illustration are those that make it easy to receive feedback.

Q&A: Why promotional sales did not increase in the second quarter

3cb1997e642fa2253f14ef5b82d30320.jpg

Tsuri : My question is, "With the number of employees increasing and the number of VTubers increasing, why aren't sales from promotions increasing in the second quarter? Is it just a timing issue?"

Regarding sales in the promotion field, large projects account for a certain percentage. Particularly in recent years, large-scale projects exceeding 100 million yen have appeared, and trends in these large-scale projects are one point to consider.

Another issue is the balance with the studio relocation. While we are planning to relocate our studio from late September to early October, there will be a period during the second quarter where studio operations will be partially restricted, although this will not be a very long period.

Taking all of this into account, we currently expect our results for the second quarter to be slightly lower than the first quarter.

Q&A: Reasons for canceling/postponing events and incorporating risks in the second quarter

Tsuri : "The results for the first quarter were below the lower limit of the guidance range. Were the event cancellations and postponements that occurred this time not factored into the risks? Event cancellations and postponements that were below the lower limit Please tell us more about the reason for this.Also, what kind of risks are you considering in determining the lower limit in your second quarter guidance?

Takuno : Regarding event cancellations, this time two events have been canceled and postponed. Regarding one event, as announced, we are prioritizing the talent's recovery and have postponed it until later in the current fiscal year. Regarding the other case, we have issued a release stating that we are no longer able to provide attractive content.

The event that was canceled was an overseas event, but considering the background that led to the cancellation, I believe that by being a little more cautious, we could have recognized the risk of cancellation sooner. I think it's something we should continue to approach with some caution.

Tsurii will explain the risks at the lower end of the second quarter guidance.

Tsurii : The focus of our second quarter results will be on commerce, so when we think about commerce, first of all, there aren't many sales that we planned to sell at the time of planning, but we had to cancel or postpone sales, so things are generally going as planned. We believe that we will be able to sell it, so we are not aware of the risks in that respect.

The other important thing is whether the sales trend is as planned, whether the VTubers used in the goods are popular, whether the illustrations are appealing to fans, and whether the products are of good quality. I think this will be judged by the fans overall and will lead to sales for the company.

I think there is naturally a certain degree of volatility. There are risks, both above and below.

Also, looking at the downside, we have recently seen within the company the issue of shipping delays as a cause of discrepancies, especially in terms of commerce sales. This topic has been coming up more and more in recent months. We are unable to ship goods at the time we had originally planned, and as our business has grown larger, inventory management has become more difficult.

I think it's true that there are some parts of goods-related operations that we can control in advance and some that we can't, so there are some uncertainties. We believe that this could be a risk factor in achieving solid sales, especially in commerce, which will be our main focus in the second quarter.

Q&A: About the growth potential of the domestic and overseas VTuber business

Tsuri : My question is, "Could you tell me how you see the current growth potential of the VTuber business both domestically and internationally?"

Takuno : First, let's talk about Japan. VTubers have both the characteristics of a talent and the characteristics of a character, but I think there is still a lot of potential for them to be enjoyed by a wider range of people. I am.

In that sense, in addition to promotions and music unit activities as explained earlier, we also approach content to more casual customers through musical activities, program-like activities, etc. We would like to work on expanding the VTuber market by doing what we can.

In addition to the content development we are currently preparing overseas, we will also work to establish a strong presence by implementing measures that are more specific to specific countries and regions. This is true from the perspective of using overseas VTubers, but we also use domestic VTubers and domestic units.

Overseas as well, by implementing measures targeting specific regions, we will work to increase the number of VTuber customers in those regions. Through these initiatives, we aim to expand our presence in overseas markets.

Q&A: About measures to boost overseas business

Tsuri : My question is, ``When will the decline in overseas sales stop and what measures will you take to boost overseas sales?''

Takuno : This may overlap with what I explained earlier, but from the perspective of overseas VTubers, I think it's time to work hard on restoring trust and preparing content and support systems again. .

As a way to strengthen the company, we are working on program-like and musical activities, music content for Nijisanji, and event distribution content.

Through such measures, I believe it is important to first take steps to firmly rebuild relationships of trust with overseas customers.

Q&A: Regarding evaluation of competitors

Tsuri : My question is, ``Please tell me your evaluation of competitors that are currently actively expanding their business.''

Takuno : We won't reveal the specific company name, but of course we check the status of our competitors. Based on that, I think it is extremely important to work on new areas and areas where the VTuber market can expand.

This is an audition call for a training school called "Virtual Talent Academy." Last time, we were recruiting for mascot auditions, and now we are conducting initiatives similar to male idol auditions and female gamer auditions. I'm currently working on being able to produce it.

Q&A: Background to changes in merchandise trends

Tsuri : My question is, "What was the background behind the change in merchandise trends to stuffed animal products?"

Takuno : I think it's a change in fashion, but with the spread of SNS and the culture of taking pictures with stuffed animals and taking pictures of places we go, stuffed animal products are becoming more popular. It's starting to come into the spotlight. I believe that such a trend has changed.

Q&A: Regarding the impact of the suspension of past video releases

Tsuri : “Recently, an act of infringing on the rights of our VTuber by an external creator occurred, and I believe that the publication of past videos has been suspended in connection with this.In the future, when acquiring new fans, we will not be able to upload past videos. Please let us know if you have any thoughts on the impact of reduced grip strength due to fans not being able to see it, or the impact on business results."

Takuno : Our company takes measures to keep the information private. I think this will have some impact as such videos have had a lot of demand to begin with, but I don't think it will have a small impact on the business in terms of profits. *

On the other hand, we are considering future measures regarding private videos.

*(Original text is: "当社としては、非公開対応等を行っています。そのような動画がもともと多くの需要をいただけるものでしたので少なからず影響があると思っていますが、収益面での事業への影響は少ないと思っています。" My google translation on this one is different from what has already been posted in thread, so the original text is here. This is very likely a google translate problem.)

Q&A: About long-term new business

Tsuri : My question is, ``It seems like other companies are aiming to build a metaverse, but what kind of long-term new business is President Tagaku considering?''

Takuno : It is difficult to answer the specific details here. As I may have previously explained in the medium- to long-term growth strategy, the VTuber field has two axes: as a talent and as a character. From the perspective of business potential as a talent, I think this is a business field where I can expand into music activities, program activities, entertainer activities, and development of media mix with games and animation as a character. .

In that sense, I think business areas that are easy to collaborate with VTubers, easy to work on as characters and talents, and derivative business areas are also attractive for the company.

Q&A: About AI VTuber

Tsurii : My question is, "Please tell me about the threats and evaluations against AI VTubers."

Takuno : Regarding generative AI technology, although I think it is an attractive technology from the perspective of improving productivity and task efficiency, I also feel that reputational risk and legal risk are not well developed. I recognize that this is a situation.

Also, not only character but also talent is very important for VTubers. Talent really comes down to humanity, and I believe that a VTuber's humanity is one of the keys to their fans' support. It's not that I don't recognize the existence of AI VTubers, I think that they are a different entity.

The interesting things I'm seeing are that they are saying they can cut costs to maintain their profit margin, despite the fact that they're one of the leanest running vtubing companies in the sphere; a continued focus on buybacks as the primary method of investor return despite dividends being distributed; and a seeming acceptance of lower performance in the second quarter without giving up on their higher forecast on the year. They are selling investors on the idea that they can sell merch to make up for their bullshit, is what seems to be happening. Expect a massive drive for Christmas/Valentine's merch.

Also, I cackled when Riku blabbed about "regaining trust" overseas while also talking about "expanding the Vtuber market" by "targeting specific regions." That means China, since they ruined their branches in EN, ID, KR, and even IN already. They know they've fucked up and aren't even trying to hide the fact that they've lost the trust of half the vtuber market at this point. :smugselen:

Last edited:
Top Bottom