"Our CEO is god!"Utatane Nasa

Nijisanji L Collection

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think a model is pretty important, even cheap models set expectations of the vtuber, which they can either support or subvert through their content and how they act and behave. They also provide a visual representation for the person behind the screen and their emotions. High-quality models can catch attention when seen on corpo lineups, YouTube, Twitter, or social media and are how you are represented to other people.

Rigging's a lot less important - it's helpful if it's good but a lot of talents, even in corpos, make do with poor rigging.
Maybe for indies I'll concede on that since they're all fighting eachother for attention, but in corpos the internal ecosystem usually funnels viewers between members naturally so visuals aren't nearly as important.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Maybe for indies I'll concede on that since they're all fighting eachother for attention, but in corpos the internal ecosystem usually funnels viewers between members naturally so visuals aren't nearly as important.
Okay, theoretical for you: can you imagine Nene with Botan's character model? Nene still does the same content and acts the same way, but she has Botan's model instead.

If you think there might be something wrong with that idea or that the model wouldn't suit Nene, then maybe character models are a little more important than what you seem to think.

Militante

and they only use in-house riggers for whatever reason.
It secures them the rights to the work, which minimizes any potential problems regarding ownership of the rig. Also lets them avoid renegotiating with rigger X to do a 1.5/2.0 for talent Y, and having to fight over said rigger's scheduling. Keeping the riggers faceless lets them sub-in whoever as well; be it some intern hitting autorig or the designated expert coming in to fix up work.

I don't work in vtubing but corpo mindset is understandable enough to me

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Okay, theoretical for you: can you imagine Nene with Botan's character model? Nene still does the same content and acts the same way, but she has Botan's model instead.

If you think there might be something wrong with that idea or that the model wouldn't suit Nene, then maybe character models are a little more important than what you seem to think.
Maybe after years of associating the voice with model, it's kinda unfair to ask the question now.

VSoyBoy

It secures them the rights to the work, which minimizes any potential problems regarding ownership of the rig. Also lets them avoid renegotiating with rigger X to do a 1.5/2.0 for talent Y, and having to fight over said rigger's scheduling. Keeping the riggers faceless lets them sub-in whoever as well; be it some intern hitting autorig or the designated expert coming in to fix up work.

I don't work in vtubing but corpo mindset is understandable enough to me
This comment is a couple of character substitutions away from the most racist tirade ever.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Maybe after years of associating the voice with model, it's kinda unfair to ask the question now.

I distinctly recall everyone(tm) being perplexed by Botan's voice. We saw her model before her debut and were expecting a more mature and sultry voice. Instead, we got FPS space cadet.

It seemed very disjointed at first, but of course now we(tm) can't see her any other way.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
This comment is a couple of character substitutions away from the most racist tirade ever.
Gotchu Fam...

It secures them the rights to the work, which minimizes any potential problems regarding ownership of the nig. Also lets them avoid renegotiating with niggér X to do a 1.5/2.0 for talent Y, and having to fight over said niggér's scheduling. Keeping the níggers faceless lets them sub-in whoever as well; be it some intern hitting autonig or the designated expert coming in to fix up work.

I don't work in vtubing but slavery mindset is understandable enough to me

Last edited:

closedblas

Can't we just rrat that Niji asks talents to pay for their own rigging?
:rikutazumi:

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Always makes my blood boil after all these years as well goddamn

And the fact that roa is forever in limbo is just sad
The one thing that grinds my gears, Why can't they just shoot her like Old Yeller? Or is it because people are still buying her voice packs?

Limkin

The one thing that grinds my gears, Why can't they just shoot her like Old Yeller? Or is it because people are still buying her voice packs?
They are making new physical merch of her as well. It's just fucked up

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Can't we just rrat that Niji asks talents to pay for their own rigging?
:rikutazumi:
"That's how we'll make up some of that lost revenue for 2025!"
-Retard Tazumi, 2024.

They are making new physical merch of her as well. It's just fucked up
Easily their best investment in years; she's effectively dead and doesn't stream and they only have to give her 2% (or nothing at all even).

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

The question is "can the character on screen express the emotion they are trying to convey?". The real problem for Anycolor livers is that rigging doesn't allow for enough facial expression. It isn't 2021 anymore, which is why almost all of their new members keep falling pretty flat. Everything comes down, for them, to if they can express everything with their voice. They don't get the benefit of the doubt since the industry has moved so far long in face tracking. Salome, for instance, was able to overcome that by hitting everyone with the Desu Wa, but that's kind of the exception. Anycolor streamers are almost PNGtubers compared to where the industry is at.

Now, I do happen to watch both Juniper and Honey Goblin, who have done some amazing rigging of their own models, so I do have a preference towards more expressive models. However, the point stands about the expressiveness and where just "industry standard" is at. Anycolor at least has competent designs for each streamer, but the liver is left with little extra in the way of support within the Visual Medium.

To further my point, since I brought up Salome and the Chinchilla was recently streaming.

vs

Go to any chunk of the video where they're playing a game. Salome's model is much more Detailed, but it's stiff as hell, barely tracks any of her mouth movement and doesn't naturally move around slightly like a human does. Compare that with Hana's much flatter and less detailed model that is far more responsive and moves much more naturally while just sitting there. That's the debuff Nijisanji livers now have to actually get over.

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

Clown Penis

Early Adopter
Go to any chunk of the video where they're playing a game. Salome's model is much more Detailed, but it's stiff as hell, barely tracks any of her mouth movement and doesn't naturally move around slightly like a human does. Compare that with Hana's much flatter and less detailed model that is far more responsive and moves much more naturally while just sitting there. That's the debuff Nijisanji livers now have to actually get over.
But Hana also LARPs as an pooner too, so maybe the lack of detail is best for everyone.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
But Hana also LARPs as an pooner too, so maybe the lack of detail is best for everyone.
wrong hana, he meant the chinchilla, not the ex-id.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Looks like market ate up their promise of dividends
1726252644074.png

JusticeDog

6% in one day is nothing. Wait a few weeks and see if they actually keep that up. :medsmoremeds:

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
They’re buying the dip.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
6% in one day is nothing. Wait a few weeks and see if they actually keep that up. :medsmoremeds:
Jap market decided to jump yesterday which makes it hard to gauge actual reaction. And their trading restrictions probably make market reaction delayed and smoothed now.

Clown Penis

Early Adopter
wrong hana, he meant the chinchilla, not the ex-id.
To be fair, there is only one chinchilla (for the vast majority).

[banpire.gif]

And her name is Natsumi Hanamori.
natsumi_good_makoto.jpeg

I mean, eventually Riku will be the only shareholder left, at this rate. Right? :optimistic::depressedtako:

Top Bottom