"I'm literally like a 'house klweeper'"S.S. Isa

Nijisanji L Collection

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I mean, sure. But at some point you hit diminishing returns on how good a rig is and the average indie that doesn't have fuck you money or a large fanbase, aka most of them, look worse than newer holos, at this point.
You'd be surprised at the indies that make extremely poor financial decisions and go full premium at their debut or rigging while being as entertaining as sandpaper, and rarer still the artists and riggers that charge far less than what their work is actually worth. Id say now that the vtubing fad has reached a more stable point its less common, but a year or two back i think it seemed like every once in a while some random 2view had a model that was far above their paygrade

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
You'd be surprised at the indies that make extremely poor financial decisions and go full premium at their debut or rigging while being as entertaining as sandpaper, and rarer still the artists and riggers that charge far less than what their work is actually worth. Id say now that the vtubing fad has reached a more stable point its less common, but a year or two back i think it seemed like every once in a while some random 2view had a model that was far above their paygrade
Artemis_of_the_Blue.png
Hello there. :gurawho:

roktofferson

frz

Am I the only one who sees the indie rigging and thinks of :WHORE!!!:
Niu from NeoPorte has the exact same rigging and design as some of the western indie and I instantly think less of her for some reason.
Imo there is one point where there is simply too much movement

Bug Eater

Personally I think it's charming when an indie chuuba breathes in the wrong direction and a vast tsunami ripples through her bosom. :irysthumbsupl:

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
Some Phase rigs are pretty iffy too, see Eimi. Not a fan of the Jello tits on Dizzy's new one either.
I always thought Eimi's looked nice. :pippasadl:

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
I thought the reason why Niji's rigging was shit was part of their all revenue, no expenses business model. In my mind they were just cutting another corner rather than it being a "japan industry" thing.

Militante

I thought the reason why Niji's rigging was shit was part of their all revenue, no expenses business model. In my mind they were just cutting another corner rather than it being a "japan industry" thing.
Also partly a scalability thing. Indie can spend 100-200 USD for a basic rigging, or shell out thousands for a really-really good rig. Ideally, this only happens once unless the vtuber has model-buying brainrot. For a company that regularly puts out vtubers, that's a multiplicative increase in manhours (and therefore expenditure) for finer details that only partly contribute to the talent's success. A substandard rig can be brought up to par later on, but they can't unspend the money if the talent leaves as soon as the contract is over.

With Niji's high turnover rate and sink-or-swim talent success, it makes financial sense for them to basic-rig new talents then follow up with 2.0/3.0 passes to bring them up to snuff after the fact rather than dump the manhours towards every talent from inception.

RiverBear

Limkin

Other corpos hire freelancers who benefit from doing good work. Nijisanji has in-house riggers on paycheck who couldn't care less because they are being paid anyway. That's the main difference

roktofferson

Other corpos hire freelancers who benefit from doing good work. Nijisanji has in-house riggers on paycheck who couldn't care less because they are being paid anyway. That's the main difference
they're probably highschool part timers too.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Smelliest007

Not to pull from the topic at hand but where would be the first place I should look at about Meiro vs Roa?

roktofferson

Not to pull from the topic at hand but where would be the first place I should look at about Meiro vs Roa?
i don't know if it's the first place you should go but I watched this recently and it had more info in one place than I'd seen with a casual look i did a year or so ago. Accent warning
edit: fuck meiro
edit: might check out the pinned comment too. allegedly gives context to why the accent thing was such a big deal.

Last edited:

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
they're probably highschool part timers too.

Just a matter of time before they make one of the highschool aged part time riggers film a instructional video on rigging and make new talents watch it so they can rig their own model.

Then they will fire the part timers of course.

And charge the talents for the vocational training they provided.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Just a matter of time before they make one of the highschool aged part time riggers film a instructional video on rigging and make new talents watch it so they can rig their own model.

Then they will fire the part timers of course.

And charge the talents for the vocational training they provided.
Really makes you hope the talents don't spend all their debut budget on their debut. Otherwise they won't be able to pay themselves to fix any rigging issues later since Niji only cares about you until debut ends.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Niu from NeoPorte has the exact same rigging and design as some of the western indie and I instantly think less of her for some reason.
:pikafaku: Do not slander my precious Niu with your vain and venomous verbiage! She is cute!
niuuuuu.jpg

But yeah I mean if you're talking about her 2nd outfit then yeah it's kinda slooty ngl fam
niu 2nd outfit 2.jpg

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
i don't know if it's the first place you should go but I watched this recently and it had more info in one place than I'd seen with a casual look i did a year or so ago. Accent warning
edit: fuck meiro
edit: might check out the pinned comment too. allegedly gives context to why the accent thing was such a big deal.

Always makes my blood boil after all these years as well goddamn

And the fact that roa is forever in limbo is just sad

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Niji has shit rigging and models because they spam debuts and they only use in-house riggers for whatever reason.

Honestly idc about models or rigging, it's meant to complement the experience not be the main appeal of it. To me it's as important as video game graphics and I think corpos (specially small ones) should not be fooled into pouring tons of money and time into it as opposed to hiring good talent or having sufficient management like the gaming industry was just because some fucking indie dropped 4k to have giant bouncing tits and 5 guys who don't even watch the agency they bitch about felt superior because of it.

As it always has been nobody apart from coomers watchers vtubers for the model. This whole topic has been explained like a gazillion times idk why it keeps being brought up. Reminder that 2 of the most popular indies out there (neuro & filian) were using free models.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Niji has shit rigging and models because they spam debuts and they only use in-house riggers for whatever reason.

Honestly idc about models or rigging, it's meant to complement the experience not be the main appeal of it. To me it's important to me as video game graphics and I think corpos should not be fooled into pouring tons of money and time into it as opposed to hiring good talent or having sufficient management like the gaming industry was just because some fucking indie dropped 4k to have giant bouncing tits and 5 guys who don't even watch the agency they bitch about felt superior because of it.

As it always has been nobody apart from coomers watchers vtubers for the model.
I think a model is pretty important, even cheap models set expectations of the vtuber, which they can either support or subvert through their content and how they act and behave. They also provide a visual representation for the person behind the screen and their emotions. High-quality models can catch attention when seen on corpo lineups, YouTube, Twitter, or social media and are how you are represented to other people.

Rigging's a lot less important - it's helpful if it's good but a lot of talents, even in corpos, make do with poor rigging.

Top Bottom