"You made this Make-a-Wish kid very happy!"IronMouse

Nijisanji L Collection

Smelliest007

The best thing that could happen for everyone would honestly be if the Niji men end up leaving and forming some kind of loose indie VTuber group so as to not lose too much of their current following. It would very quickly cleanse what's left of the NijiEN fandom of the worst elements, while still maintaining containment (though, it would most likely end up just tanking the branch too and accelerating absorption into NIJI proper, so yeah).
Half the NijiEN males reflect their audience, catty and bitchy. Women with penises work as well together without oversight as much as normal women together.

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
Sisters are already in the Stars fandom from a long time concern fagging every time something related to Holo happened like the Termination of Ganma for example
You can spot them easily by just asking them who founded Holostars and they dont knowing that it was Yagoo himself and other stuff that exposes them as Sisters in disguise
Nijisanji EN dying will Skyrocket the concern fagging to astronomical Levels that i dont want to see :yagoocry:
In that case, nuke Holostars so they'll go elsewhere.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
That stasis is pretty likely to stick around for a while, IMO.
NIJI EN, as already discussed, is thoroughly fucked, they'll either slowly bleed talents and revenue or pull the plug, withdrawing from EN market entirely.
Brave right now is seemingly aiming at ~20 new debuts every 6 months across their properties, but even if all of those debutees miraculously find their own dedicated audiences, it'll take years for any of them to reach the level any HoloEN talent has today, and Cover surely won't just sit on their asses doing nothing.
And Vshojo...exists? I dunno, i'm always puzzled as to their place in vtubing corpo sphere overall.
This industry is strange, always has been since a lot of the old nip agencies kinda shriveled up and died on the vine back in the day, I feel like 2018 had a lot more healthy competition with how many similarly sized agencies there was back then.

Then we got the era of the big 2 with the only real survivors being Niji and Holo which were both very similar in both scope, logistics and approach, but apart from these two there was never really anything else that came close.

You have Vshojo, which many people want to lump in despite it being radically different in every way from their onboarding process to talent remuneration to company culture to platform to target audience to company scope in general, honestly based in their own niche which doesn't at all conflict with the big nip agencies.

And then there's Brave, which is this weird conglomeration of stuff, which as a whole can approach a third-ish of the size of Holo/Niji but in reality is a whole bunch of disparate shit that's just owned by the same suits who don't even manage it, most of the pieces actually being rather small and valueless atm. Which is again a completely different approach to the big 2.

And lastly there's all of the tiny startups, most of which don't last more than 2 years and the biggest of which is phase, who is honestly the only biggish agency which sorta mirrors the style of the big 2 but obviously can't compete on their level.

So I honestly much preferred it when Niji was actually TRYING to compete, now it's just Holo winning by default because everyone else is either doing a totally different approach which doesn't threaten their business or tiny and struggling to even get their heads out of the mud. And I really don't get when people go "oh someone else will rise up in the next year" you do not understand how top-heavy this industry is.

Yesterday Proctor was going off about the industry being horrible because some small corpo e-girl cried on his lap and I really thought: Are these tiny corpos started by some moron with too much money "the industry" now? Do these people even dictate any of the trends and strategies that everyone else uses? Do they matter? Does a fart in the wind which lasted two seconds and everyone forgot about now suddenly count for judging the entirety of something? And I know there has been tons of drama and dead corpos in the last few years, but even with all of them combined (ignoring Niji) I don't think you get even a 1% of "the industry", it's silly to me overall.

Last edited:

tgmslc

So I honestly much preferred it when Niji was actually TRYING to compete, now it's just Holo winning by default because everyone else is either doing a totally different approach which doesn't threaten their business or tiny and struggling to even get their heads out of the mud. And I really don't get when people go "oh someone else will rise up in the next year" you do not understand how top-heavy this industry is.
More even competition would probably be better for the entire industry overall, true. As a fan deep in the Hololive fandom, it is a little concerning that there isn't anyone who seems to be directly competing with them and keeping them honest, as it were. For the moment, though, they seem to be trying to stick to a principal of Well-Made High-Quality entertainment regardless of market forces and it seems to be serving them (asd their fans) pretty well.

Limkin

And I really don't get when people go "oh someone else will rise up in the next year" you do not understand how top-heavy this industry is.
Even more so when the current strat is to survive long enough and get big enough to be bought by Brave, and then just use infinite money hack. You can't compete with the top when you are content to be owned by the middle

Helkar

You can't compete with the top when you are content to be owned by the middle
Brave presumably are buying these corpos for a reason, but, again, even if they keep throwing piles of money into the furnace and succeed on every step of the way, it'll be years until they can even consider the possibility of "competing with the top".
So the industry's moving(already there, rather) from Holo>>Niji>>>>Vshojo>>>>>>>everyone else to just Holo>>>>>>>>Vshojo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else.
And unless Holo gets immensely-negligent or some worldwide calamity occurs, they can kinda hold that status quo almost indefinitely.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Brave presumably are buying these corpos for a reason, but, again, even if they keep throwing piles of money into the furnace and succeed on every step of the way, it'll be years until they can even consider the possibility of "competing with the top".
So the industry's moving(already there, rather) from Holo>>Niji>>>>Vshojo>>>>>>>everyone else to just Holo>>>>>>>>Vshojo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else.
And unless Holo gets immensely-negligent or some worldwide calamity occurs, they can kinda hold that status quo almost indefinitely.
The main change I'm seeing is actually regionality, with a lot of new corps in Korea and SEA popping up, but still none of those threaten the monopoly.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
I would like to derail this serious discussion of the industry and instead replace it with funny JP minor stockholder comments.

Screenshot 2024-09-12 020843.png

Screenshot 2024-09-12 021325.png

The last gasps of a niji stockbro's final cope
:magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope:
Screenshot 2024-09-12 021616.png
:magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope::magnicope:

Screenshot 2024-09-12 021720.png

Screenshot 2024-09-12 022237.png

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Limkin

Let me act surprised when it will be better looking and better rigged than her Niji model

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Let me act surprised when it will be better looking and better rigged than her Niji model
This is never a Niji thing and more of a general corpo thing, though

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

I will forever curse the shriveled black heart of Riku Tazumi that the absolute sex design of Kunai was wasted on FUCKING NIJISANJI. Imagine that design with proper indie rigging.
167nkz.jpg

4ulfdc.jpg

It's not fair bros.

4x.webp

tgmslc

True, and indies seem like they're able to work directly with interesting up-and-comers who are doing cool things without corporate red tape slowing everything down. Though, in fairness to all other corpo chuba's, I've never seen a corpo model uglier than some of Vox's.

:voxppinyourcoke:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
correction: it's japan thing
Holo and niji are main offenders obviously, but even indies there have bad outdated rigging/tracking. Example: none other than loli goddess Shigure Ui looks like absolute shit. They just refuse to use vtube studio for no valid reason, and niji/holo devs refuse to add good tracking libs for no valid reason. (holo use same live2d cubism engine iirc, so no need to change rigging)

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Nijisanji's are fucking garbage that can look slightly left and slightly right and that's about it. Holo's are leagues better, especially lately (Just go look at Gura's 2.0). A lot of indie and VShojo models look like trash because they are overrigged. The middle ground is much more preferred, where Phase and holo seem to sit.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Nijisanji's are fucking garbage that can look slightly left and slightly right and that's about it. Holo's are leagues better, especially lately (Just go look at Gura's 2.0). A lot of indie and VShojo models look like trash because they are overrigged. The middle ground is much more preferred, where Phase and holo seem to sit.
Niji's are worse than the average (see Vox), but it is still true that for the most part, an indie's model will forever be only gated by how much money an individual decides to spend and not at the whims of either multiple people or a company's bottom line

Landphobic

Just don't like it
A lot of indie and VShojo models look like trash because they are overrigged.
True, but for every Shilily you at least get the chance to have a Limes or a Honey Goblin if you knock on the right doors and don't give in to the coomer pandering. With corpos there's a hard limit imposed by their technology stack, the fixed list of riggers they work with and the amount the shareholders are willing to sink into it.
correction: it's japan thing
Some Phase rigs are pretty iffy too, see Eimi. Not a fan of the Jello tits on Dizzy's new one either.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Niji's are worse than the average (see Vox), but it is still true that for the most part, an indie's model will forever be only gated by how much money an individual decides to spend and not at the whims of either multiple people or a company's bottom line
I mean, sure. But at some point you hit diminishing returns on how good a rig is and the average indie that doesn't have fuck you money or a large fanbase, aka most of them, look worse than newer holos, at this point.

Top Bottom