"Grease and cheese is an important part of the American diet, and if we're deprived of that we shrink away and die"Charlotte Bear

Nijisanji L Collection

JusticeDog

It's going to take a while, but I think it's pretty obvious they know they're going to have to do some serious clean up to try to fix the mess they made with Selen.

The investors are calling out the EN free fall more directly now than before and they won't be so patient if JP isn't even growing either. They're well past the point where calling it "negligible" and pretending nothing happened is going to work (both for the viewers and investors).

:sinktheyacht::sinktheyacht:

Limkin

Expect a massive drive for Christmas/Valentine's merch.
Would be a shame if something happens and they would have zero streams and zero merch on valentine just like this year

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Would be a shame if something happens and they would have zero streams and zero merch on valentine just like this year
Its kinda hilarious that Vox only managed to have 1 Valentines stream (his first one, 1 and a half months after debut) because his fanbase is fucking crazy and Niji is incompetent

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Wouldn't it fuck up their youtube discoverability algorithm?
yes, completely
I don't think so. Streams are main weight in algo, and it's not that many videos per channel removed. Might not even affect youtube music part much in the end. I can expect some dip in remaining MV views, but nor for long.
Current ASMRpocalypse gonna fuck up people infinitely more because of huge summary playtime of deleted/privated videos.
I suppose it could not be a thing of direct revenue since they're either covers or have been long past their prime time debut but i feel like a mass privating really erodes public trust, considering its something as loopable as an MV.
Plus its a very direct spotlight on what YAB allegedly did to Niji talents that went unreported for so long
I doubt its going to be negligble, yet again
Yeah, there probably gonna be some midterm consequences, especially if they decide to drag it out and subsequently memoryhole, but i don't think you'd be able to show this drop on the charts.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
I mean, eventually Riku will be the only shareholder left, at this rate. Right? :optimistic::depressedtako:
:cursedbae::baeJam::cursedbae:Why do you think they decided to give dividends? Riku decided it's time to get paid!:cursedbae::baeJam::cursedbae:

since they ruined their branches in EN, ID, KR, and even IN already
Is it not just completely absurd when spelled out clearly like this? How do you never learn from your past mistakes and absolutely fuck things up one market after another? Part of me wants to blame jap genetics for being hardwired to be obsessed with honor and taking responsibility yet never apologizing or acknowledging fault for anything, but then I remember that Cover has done these exact things in the past so it can't just be a jap thing. Whatever the reason, Nijisanji was all set and golden in the EN sphere. They had that nice space between the normie twitchfag streamers and Holo aidoru enjoyers, on top of that they had the whole fujo market nestled up in Vox's grubby mouth. Nijisanji needs a good ol' fashioned top heavy purge. I know there's plenty of blame to assign lower level managers, or the lack thereof, for specific treatment of talents, but when you're about to have your fourth branch collapse due to mismanagement then the blame lies squarely at the top.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Nijisanji needs a good ol' fashioned top heavy purge. I know there's plenty of blame to assign lower level managers, or the lack thereof, for specific treatment of talents, but when you're about to have your fourth branch collapse due to mismanagement then the blame lies squarely at the top.
Blame ALWAYS lies at the top. Even in the first instance of branch collapse. You can chalk off to lower management some small shit like first instance of botched merch. If anything at all becomes a repeated problem, it is CEO's direct fuckup, and only secondly - a subordinate's. Riku is personally guilty of every branch failing, and there are no arguments that can lift any blame from him.

Smelliest007

It's going to take a while, but I think it's pretty obvious they know they're going to have to do some serious clean up to try to fix the mess they made with Selen.

Will it actually come with an apology, admittance of fault, and transparency of steps they are taking to fix their mess in a meaningful way? Big doubts.

JusticeDog

I don't think so. Streams are main weight in algo, and it's not that many videos per channel removed. Might not even affect youtube music part much in the end. I can expect some dip in remaining MV views, but nor for long.
You're really underestimating how many views and how many covers some people lost.

Besides the effect on the algorithm, it must be crushing for them to have lost years of work that nijisanji doesn't even pay for. The only people that are going to be doing covers are those that actually care about it. :depressedtako:

1000007829.jpg

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

:cursedbae::baeJam::cursedbae:Why do you think they decided to give dividends? Riku decided it's time to get paid!:cursedbae::baeJam::cursedbae:

Is it not just completely absurd when spelled out clearly like this? How do you never learn from your past mistakes and absolutely fuck things up one market after another? Part of me wants to blame jap genetics for being hardwired to be obsessed with honor and taking responsibility yet never apologizing or acknowledging fault for anything, but then I remember that Cover has done these exact things in the past so it can't just be a jap thing. Whatever the reason, Nijisanji was all set and golden in the EN sphere. They had that nice space between the normie twitchfag streamers and Holo aidoru enjoyers, on top of that they had the whole fujo market nestled up in Vox's grubby mouth. Nijisanji needs a good ol' fashioned top heavy purge. I know there's plenty of blame to assign lower level managers, or the lack thereof, for specific treatment of talents, but when you're about to have your fourth branch collapse due to mismanagement then the blame lies squarely at the top.

It's just bad business practices. Riku wanted to be a Tech Bro and happened to land on a viable product of which he has 0 skills to actually manage after the initial launch phase. If he wasn't the primary shareholder, he'd have been bounced for a non-startup CEO a long time ago. Running on a shoestring doesn't work when you're a global media company. Or failing to be "global" in Anycolor's case.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
You're really underestimating how many views and how many covers some people lost.
I don't think raw views number matter that much in yt algo anymore. It's seems to care mostly about retention over video duration now.
Besides the effect on the algorithm, it must be crushing for them to have lost years of work that nijisanji doesn't even pay for. The only people that are going to be doing covers are those that actually care about it. :depressedtako:
Here i totally agree. Revenue drop might happen not directly because of removing MVs, but because of streamers getting depressed about it and streaming less and being boring.

tgmslc

Whatever the reason, Nijisanji was all set and golden in the EN sphere. They had that nice space between the normie twitchfag streamers and Holo aidoru enjoyers, on top of that they had the whole fujo market nestled up in Vox's grubby mouth. Nijisanji needs a good ol' fashioned top heavy purge. I know there's plenty of blame to assign lower level managers, or the lack thereof, for specific treatment of talents, but when you're about to have your fourth branch collapse due to mismanagement then the blame lies squarely at the top.
When I think really hard about this entire situation, the thing that I weirdly get reminded of is Activision: same greed-minded profit incentives fueling every decision from the top until it all comes to a head in 2019 when they post record-breaking profits that were still shy of their forecasts; so in a year when they made more money than ever, they ended up firing 800 people before Christmas.

In the five years since, Activision's been mismanaged so hard that it got bought by a another, way bigger company that is now looking to strip it to the bones trying to get every ounce of meat.

Just, really kinda where I see Anycolor ending up in 4 or 5 years - a pile of bleached white bones on the side of the road, sucked dry of everything that anyone used to like about it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
When I think really hard about this entire situation, the thing that I weirdly get reminded of is Activision: same greed-minded profit incentives fueling every decision from the top until it all comes to a head in 2019 when they post record-breaking profits that were still shy of their forecasts; so in a year when they made more money than ever, they ended up firing 800 people before Christmas.

In the five years since, Activision's been mismanaged so hard that it got bought by a another, way bigger company that is now looking to strip it to the bones trying to get every ounce of meat.

Just, really kinda where I see Anycolor ending up in 4 or 5 years - a pile of bleached white bones on the side of the road, sucked dry of everything that anyone used to like about it.

Wait... day-one Games Pass games still have sales targets? Are Microsoft retarded? (Rhetorical)

frz

Wait... day-one Games Pass games still have sales targets? Are Microsoft retarded? (Rhetorical)
Microsoft is very retarded
They brought most Xbox exclusive to PC so nobody bother buying an Xbox anymore
Then they find the ingenius idea of gamepass, $1 to play a $60 game, of course people will sub for 1 month play the game and cancel subscription. Then make a new account. Not everyone stay subbed for the 10$ on 2nd month.
Then they randomly decided to buy Activision Blizzard (tbh one of their better decision since their mobile branch actually making banks, but it will still be a really long time until they make back the money they used)
They are speedrunning how many things can they fuck up at once and doesn't go bankrupt pretty much.

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
Oh no, the CTRL+C -> CTRL+V merch is getting more expensive. This feels like a really silly announcement to make for the sake of minimal transparency.

JusticeDog

Oh no, the CTRL+C -> CTRL+V merch is getting more expensive. This feels like a really silly announcement to make for the sake of minimal transparency.

Not that silly actually. They explicitly mentioned in the latest investor Q&A that puppet type merch has become more popular and that they would be focusing on that instead of the generic merch (standees) that has started selling less.
This is probably just an effect of them taking a closer look at the puppet merch.

Landphobic

Just don't like it
Man, I just realised that if it wasn't for the Selen debacle I'd be watching Rosemi's birthday instead of Kanna's right now
:pippasadl:
This is a minuscule Niji L for losing my meagre patronage, but it's also an L for me :ameraintear:
Hope you get out of there soon, Wose.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
Can't tell if he's joking or vague posting about some dumb shit considering how much of a woman he is.

Also subtweeting is fucking gay, the absolute dumbest form of insult we ever invented as a species.
Anyone who does that shit should honestly have their internet access removed if they can't settle problems directly like adults.

Last edited:

tgmslc

Can't tell if he's joking or vague posting about some dumb shit considering how much of a woman he is.

Blud gazed too long into the Fujoshi void that he must've accidentally grew a vagina and feelings.

Also subtweeting is fucking gay, the absolute dumbest form of insult we ever invented as a species.

Zyklon Mag

Archive
Vox jumped the gun at assuming someone stole music from his film

frz

Top Bottom