"I ate this 'very blacky' banana"Kannagi Loki

Idol EN Gen 2 Premier/Debut/Digging thread

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I ain't gonna bother watching any of these hoes but if someone discovers that chapipi is one of them let me know I liked her voice.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
>Denies the holocaust happened at the Israeli-sponsored event in the Bay Area
A man can dream.
"I remember the Holocaust. I loved operating the gas valves so much. I hope I can do it again some day. Heart."

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
"I think it's very important that we talk about the feasibility of wooden crematory doors."

Spergatory

Early Adopter
This is getting ridiculous. Everyone and their grandma is getting paid to watch the debuts.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Whats the point of all of this sponsors? Inflate the numbers of the debuts? because i dont see a viewer from any of these vtubers to even check them after the debut

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
My wife Katta remains the best jewbacorp design, I'm sure her proximity to jewbacorp HQ and abundance of mental instability has no influence on this decision

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
This is getting ridiculous. Everyone and their grandma is getting paid to watch the debuts.

I was about to say I know who I'm watching for the co-stream, but then

FUUUUUUUUUUCK

cucurut

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
A lot of literally whos to me, but they actually seem to have decent follower counts.

And then there's this Zuma chick who has 10 k followers, sub 1 k average VOD views and was approached because... seriously, Aviel, is there even a plan to this, or are you just throwing darts at the wall to pick your advertisers?

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Clicked the Roca Rourin video in the debut playlist and noticed something funny and cute
Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 17-13-30 #idolEN2 Debut Streams.png

Two lightning bolts together huh? What did the Jews mean by this?

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Whats the point of all of this sponsors? Inflate the numbers of the debuts? because i dont see a viewer from any of these vtubers to even check them after the debut
It's probably the cheapest way to raise awareness. If each can draw 200-1000 viewers (and some more) that's more eyes on than YT ads, just as well-targeted, and likely at cheaper rates. Debuts are also that one exception where vtubers naturally get excited about content cross platforms and cross agencies, and being paid to do react content is a Twitch streamer's dream job. I wouldn't be surprised if the rates were low just because debut react is something a vtuber might do anyway and it has the 'free content' factor.

Awareness doesn't equal viewers, but it certainly helps and it's one of the reasons small corpos sometimes languish in obscurity. It's like subcount, it's not a direct translation to views but it can contribute.

edit: Also, I think Aviel is still in the "try stuff and see what sticks" phase. He's tried ads, now he's trying paid watchalongs. If this doesn't pay off, he'll know next gen.

kestraline

Early Adopter
I like how varied the people are in terms of doing the watchalongs but it's getting real obnoxious now.

The Kirsche announcement was funny though considering she soured on joining a corpo.....absolutely a pot shot towards PC over Yuri.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Money spent on designs, model rigging, stream assets, intro videos, music covers, talent hardware upgrades, additional managerial staff: 10k
Money spent on advertising: 50k :smugselen:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Aviel is litterally the kid that stole his mom's credit card and is buying 100 different skin on fortnite but instead its vtubers for the watchalong

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
It's literally just for exposure. A vtuber's model is essentially their brand, so they want it to be seen in as many places as usual, similar to how advertisers like to plaster their logos and pictures of their products everywhere they can.

It's interesting to look into the psychology behind advertising; most of the time advertisers aren't expecting an immediate conversion (where the audience of the advertisement immediately purchase/check out the thing being advertised), but it subconsciously builds up familiarity with it in your mind - so in this situation, for example, you may not immediately subscribe to their channels after seeing them on a watchalong stream, but if you see their stream recommended on the sidebar a few weeks later, you might be more inclined to click on that because you recognise them over other streams or videos from channels you're less familiar with.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
The Kirsche announcement was funny though considering she soured on joining a corpo.....absolutely a pot shot towards PC over Yuri.
I doubt it's that deep, she's probably just looking for the pay day. And I don't think I've seen any Phase on bad terms with Idol.
:botanshrug:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

one of us should apply. since they seem to be accepting anyone. get that cash.
Money spent on designs, model rigging, stream assets, intro videos, music covers, talent hardware upgrades, additional managerial staff: 10k
Money spent on advertising: 50k :smugselen:
that's normal in all industries. movies usually double their production cost just for ads some triple it.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
one of us should apply. since they seem to be accepting anyone. get that cash.

that's normal in all industries. movies usually double their production cost just for ads some triple it.
And more and more of them are loosing money... I wish they'd pay their fucking writers more and stop making sequels.

God's Strongest Dragoon

And more and more of them are loosing money... I wish they'd pay their fucking writers more and stop making sequels.
The MCU and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Top Bottom