"BALLS. Not just balls. I also have something..."Moona Hoshinova

Riro Ron and other Staff sacked by Idol Corp for on-stream drug use and other offences

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Riro won by virtue of not having a penis.
My guess is that Riro smartened up and decided to hire a lawyer. Would explain why she's not posting any responses and why the channel is still up in spite of Aviel's initial threats.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Yeah, it's still up. I wonder if more stuff's kicked off after the initial notice and Twitter response that we don't know about yet. Funniest possibility is if she changed the passwords on her way out and they can't do anything, but there might just be some kind of renegotiation going on.

If the latter then I'd personally prefer revenue share agreements being hashed out with graduated/terminated talents to be the norm; one thing that's always rubbed me the wrong way about the corporate content industry is that talents don't have the same passive revenue options that independent creators do. Fishfag's take on it the other week was interesting (he essentially said that not being able to continue monetising work from a talent after they leave means the corpo has less motivation for/suspicion of bad-faith terminations, iirc), but other industries have already figured this out.

I'm of the opinion that if there is still demand for content (fans rewatching old videos) then the creators should still be able to benefit from that. When I listen to my old dadrock playlists on Spotify then even the bands who retired forty years ago can get a (miniscule, but still) cut of that, assuming they didn't get swindled into a dogshit contract with their label back in the day. I think graduated or otherwise retired corporate streamers should have that perk with their vods, since the only existing option are unofficial reuploads where neither the corpo nor talent benefit.

...I'm saying all this, but Aviel might've just forgot. Either way the memberships are still open too, which is a big deal since people will start being charged for an additional month of membership now.

God's Wingiest Winger

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Yeah I would say that it benefits no one to terminate the content. Shiina was like "it makes sense because people would walk". So? Company makes money, talent makes money. If thats a reason to quit then it sounds like a shit job to begin with. Now in these cases these talents are already confirmed to be on the way out. Yuri got axed, Riro got axed. You are deleting a revenue stream for a company as well as a work portfolio for a talent. The only real reason to do it is because I guess its easier for the company than negotiation.

Like sure it might not be much, say Yuri if she still had the vods would be getting maybe 200 bucks a month. But the stuff being up would still help her pool a portfolio and 200 bucks for the company is a lot better than 0. Sure perhaps there could be demonetization or copyright issues, but come on these guys are professionals. Those are literally toggles you can make in your Youtube studio. Submitting a counter claim only takes about 30 seconds, thats also a non issue.

I know its slightly different. But if Jerry Seinfeld can still get a check from NBC for shit he did 30 years ago, then as long as Youtube exists why not negotiate to get some pennies for both parties?

Hff201

Early Adopter
Yeah I would say that it benefits no one to terminate the content. Shiina was like "it makes sense because people would walk". So? Company makes money, talent makes money. If thats a reason to quit then it sounds like a shit job to begin with. Now in these cases these talents are already confirmed to be on the way out. Yuri got axed, Riro got axed. You are deleting a revenue stream for a company as well as a work portfolio for a talent. The only real reason to do it is because I guess its easier for the company than negotiation.

Like sure it might not be much, say Yuri if she still had the vods would be getting maybe 200 bucks a month. But the stuff being up would still help her pool a portfolio and 200 bucks for the company is a lot better than 0. Sure perhaps there could be demonetization or copyright issues, but come on these guys are professionals. Those are literally toggles you can make in your Youtube studio. Submitting a counter claim only takes about 30 seconds, thats also a non issue.

I know its slightly different. But if Jerry Seinfeld can still get a check from NBC for shit he did 30 years ago, then as long as Youtube exists why not negotiate to get some pennies for both parties?
I mean, $200 is an absurdly generous estimate for a dead channel comprising mostly of stream vods, but even if it's $2 a month it's about the principle of the matter; if there's still demand for that content and it still provides valid advertisement space, then the content is worth that dollar value and the people involved are entitled to it.

I understand a corpo holding some restrictions as there needs to be a strong motivation for the talent to stick around. Debuts come with a significant upfront cost and early graduations prevent the corpo from getting a ROI so lock-in contracts are a necessity, but destroying a library of work will never sit well with me - even with dedicated archivers, there's always going to be something that slips through the cracks.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Ehm i dont know about contract laws and related stuff
But if your contractor accuses you of using drugs and you just do a doping test and get negative
Wouldnt that be enough to dissprove their claims? Or do you need to disprove every single claim of the list?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
The only real reason to do it is because I guess its easier for the company than negotiation.
I wouldn't be surprised it this is the main reason for it. And honestly, I don't blame them. Given the Idol/Riro and Phase/Yuri splits, both cases were done in a less amicable manner. It's probably much easier to try and wash their hands as much as possible of Riro and Yuri to give them less to worry about in the future.

but destroying a library of work will never sit well with me - even with dedicated archivers, there's always going to be something that slips through the cracks.
I definitely agree with this, though. I never watched Riro and rarely watched Yuri, but it is a shame that content can just disappear, especially if it's something like music. Though while this is definitely an issue prevalent with corpo vtubers graduating/being terminated, this is a problem with streaming in general with issues like Twitch deleting vods after a certain amount of time and streamers privating vods for whatever reason. So many great Lia vods gone because of the latter....

Hff201

Early Adopter
Ehm i dont know about contract laws and related stuff
But if your contractor accuses you of using drugs and you just do a doping test and get negative
Wouldnt that be enough to dissprove their claims? Or do you need to disprove every single claim of the list?
If the drug accusation caused demonstrable damages (unable to get work, dropped by sponsors, therapy costs etc., that kind of thing) I think you'd be opening a defamation case there rather than something specifically relating to the contract, but either way I doubt she'd get anywhere fighting the controlled substance abuse allegation since it took place on a public broadcast which has been recorded and archived.

She could probably lawyer her way through the fan meetup stuff if it turned out Idol's notice skimmed over details to make the situation sound worse (like if the "fan" she was meeting up with was someone she'd known before joining the company etc.) and the relationship with the manager could very easily be framed as grooming; but I honestly couldn't make an educated guess on where this is going.

bothyourhouses

What would you be hoping to gain by disproving something? You might have a case for slander if you can show they made false statements that damaged your reputation. But as an independent contract worker they can probably stop working with you at any time, and if there's some contract detail like immediate termination in the case of gross misconduct then they'd almost certainly only need one thing that constituted gross misconduct to trigger that.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I mean, $200 is an absurdly generous estimate for a dead channel comprising mostly of stream vods, but even if it's $2 a month it's about the principle of the matter; if there's still demand for that content and it still provides valid advertisement space, then the content is worth that dollar value and the people involved are entitled to it.
There is a point where the revenue stream isn't worth the administrative costs of dealing with it.

Hff201

Early Adopter
The Riro Ron account is now closed.

La+ de Central Norte

Hff201

Early Adopter

Hff201

Early Adopter
kyOresu has returned with a new cover of Internet Overdose, which would be pretty on the nose as it is... except she's using new lyrics instead of a direct translation, and they kind of speak for themselves.

She's also planning to redebut as a vtuber.

JEibsBj.png

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
kyOresu has returned with a new cover of Internet Overdose, which would be pretty on the nose as it is... except she's using new lyrics instead of a direct translation, and they kind of speak for themselves.

JEibsBj.png

Question is, will she try to be her "normal" self, or will she dive right into the rockstar persona that was semi-accidentally created for her?

(obviously the former but man the latter would be so fucking funny)

Arznbae

wtf is happening

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

JEibsBj.png

This chick is gonna OD on silly pills in less than 6 months

Hff201

Early Adopter
Question is, will she try to be her "normal" self, or will she dive right into the rockstar persona that was semi-accidentally created for her?

I'm sure the support she got from the kind of people who read the termination note and responded with "based" (on varying levels of irony) has probably enabled some of her less-stable traits, unfortunately.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

If she started her debut stream by doing a line of coke I would sub and member immediately.

La+ de Central Norte

Top Bottom