Idol EN Gen 2 Premier/Debut/Digging thread

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Miyunebun too

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
The MCU and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
This dumb shit has been going on way longer then the MCU hell it's not even the first franchise to be affected by it (depending on your criteria Bayformers are the first unless you want to go even further back) it's just the biggest and you could even argue the MCU is making these issues more public because it's so large there is almost no part of the industry that's not getting touched and examined as a result.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
And more and more of them are loosing money... I wish they'd pay their fucking writers more and stop making sequels.
This. Movies like jurassic park are the perfect example. Those were some of favorites movies as a kid and they decided to ruin it with whatever dumb shit the brought up

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
The brats are getting antsy, you can almost envision the comment section:

My money's on Coni and Roca having the most, shall we say, "enthusiastic" fanbase

God's Strongest Dragoon

This dumb shit has been going on way longer then the MCU hell it's not even the first franchise to be affected by it (depending on your criteria Bayformers are the first unless you want to go even further back) it's just the biggest and you could even argue the MCU is making these issues more public because it's so large there is almost no part of the industry that's not getting touched and examined as a result.
While the deluge of sequels with the MCU is kind of annoying, it is far from the worst issue with it. The main problem is the change of writing in modern media. Rick and Morty was what brought that style to the attention of everyone but GOTG showed that it can work in film and studios/writers have become obsessed with aping that style ever since.
The brats are getting antsy, you can almost envision the comment section:

My money's on Coni and Roca having the most, shall we say, "enthusiastic" fanbase

Brats, all of them.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
They need correction

The Shining kind

With an axe

In minecraft

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
one of us should apply. since they seem to be accepting anyone. get that cash.

that's normal in all industries. movies usually double their production cost just for ads some triple it.
All of these people all stream at around the same time and he is just trying to get as many people as they can to watch the debuts. Hit Vtuber market at a mass level.

I would assume that there should be an average CCV to make the cut. Possibly somewhere along the 300-500 CCV mark.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
They've continued to tweet out more sponsored watchalongs all afternoon and evening. Since it seems like they intend to sponsor everyone on the planet to do a watchalong, I figured I'd help them out a little bit.

idolen2-mcdonald.jpegsonichu.jpegjones.jpegmonkey.jpeg

Here's the template if you want to play along. For the text I'm using Avenir, Heavy weight, which doesn't seem to be exactly correct but close enough. Big text is #fdfcfa with a #3b718b border at 144pt. Little text is #ffe8b8 at 48pt.

endless-template.png

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
The next batch
Chilly panda

Isaa

Miwu

Mako

Olivia Monroe

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

They've continued to tweet out more sponsored watchalongs all afternoon and evening. Since it seems like they intend to sponsor everyone on the planet to do a watchalong, I figured I'd help them out a little bit.

View attachment 29900View attachment 29899View attachment 29898View attachment 29897

Here's the template if you want to play along. For the text I'm using Avenir, Heavy weight, which doesn't seem to be exactly correct but close enough. Big text is #fdfcfa with a #3b718b border at 144pt. Little text is #ffe8b8 at 48pt.

View attachment 29906
Alright, let's just get this out of the way
uncleaddie.jpg

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Hey guys i also got jewish gold

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Whats the point of all of this sponsors? Inflate the numbers of the debuts? because i dont see a viewer from any of these vtubers to even check them after the debut

It's probably the cheapest way to raise awareness. If each can draw 200-1000 viewers (and some more) that's more eyes on than YT ads, just as well-targeted, and likely at cheaper rates. Debuts are also that one exception where vtubers naturally get excited about content cross platforms and cross agencies, and being paid to do react content is a Twitch streamer's dream job. I wouldn't be surprised if the rates were low just because debut react is something a vtuber might do anyway and it has the 'free content' factor.

Awareness doesn't equal viewers, but it certainly helps and it's one of the reasons small corpos sometimes languish in obscurity. It's like subcount, it's not a direct translation to views but it can contribute.

edit: Also, I think Aviel is still in the "try stuff and see what sticks" phase. He's tried ads, now he's trying paid watchalongs. If this doesn't pay off, he'll know next gen.
One other thing to keep in mind, and this is likely Aviel's main reason for this approach with this Gen, is that getting a channel to "pop" at the start should put it much higher up in the Algo. That's more of a long-term play, but if it keeps the channels up & running faster it's been worth the investment. It's an attempt to snowball the Gen to a successful launch. We'll see if it works.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
rocka1.PNG

thossmilethings.PNG

Is Kirby throwing a ninja star (or whatever) a common thing?
@Lurker McSpic

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
the rp continues:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
the rp continues:

This is making me cringe. I don't want to cringe when I see two talents in the same company interacting with eachother.

Isolating the old and new talents until preview was a mistake.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
This is making me cringe. I don't want to cringe when I see two talents in the same company interacting with eachother.

Isolating the old and new talents until preview was a mistake.
counterpoint:

cross-gen RP threads that will need their own dedicated liveposting threads to discuss

that's the good shit

Stunned But Dumb

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
At this point, Aviel's just memeing with the watchalongs.

That, and I assume it's a way to prep for Gen 3 recruitment.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Well now we know who josh in the discord leak is.

Archive

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I actually got an advertisement on one of my YT accounts for one of the Endless debuts (the goth rocker girl). This account is typically where I might listen to some PC streams or assorted music on, which I guess worked for whatever targeted ads Idol Corp are putting out.

There wasn't much of note in the advertisement itself - cute girl, cute noises, nothing substantial and no detail about what to expect other than a debut soon and to subscribe. Of more interest is that the ad itself exists and they're doing a two-pronged advertising approach to this, with streamers doing react content and targeted YT ads.

It will be interesting to see what the live-view count is during debuts and what numbers they get shortly after, given how much money is being spent.

Top Bottom