"My niggas"Takanashi Kiara

The Unofficial Asylum Trading Card Game

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
Question: why do you care about balance these are fan cards made that will never actually see play.

Not saying you can't care about balance just wondering what the point is.

We can't give our thoughts on technical aspects untill we see what you intend to create with your ideas. We can't say X is OP if we don't even know what X is yet.

if you do want to create balanced magic cards i'm gonna have to point out magic is not balanced no card game is there are always things that are power crept by other things so aslong as your not makinbg "this thing automatically wins the game when drawn" it's going to be pretty much down to preferance.

One day your gonna be swearing Niv Mizet is the worst (read powerful) card in the game and the next it's gonna be Kess or Edric.

One final thing I will say is I think you should stick to keywords and creature types established by magic already yes yes it's not as funni as calling Reticue a mold man but we can do that anytime and it will still be as fresh and funny as if it was printed on a card.

Flash for "baitposts" Trample for our Architects Goad/Menace (Trolls) Reach (Rrats) Scry (journos) ect. Someone more familiar then me with all the uncommon keywords can help further.
in my opinion, trying to create balanced cards is a good design challenge. you may not be able to always make balanced cards but it keeps you from making all kinds of really dumb things, otherwise you end up with yugioh. I do love your idea to rename existing keywords to make them better fit the asylum.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I say this with the greatest love and affection:

:autismvortex::guratism::autismvortex:

Ensok

Early Adopter
I know little about MTG (I was a YGO guy) but I know there's Land cards that have significant effect on gameplay. What if some threads served as different land cards then? Maybe none of the event threads, but like Livepost thread, Gen thread (both of them) vidya thread etc

Mostly I just want to watch this take place
I think you could make the Asylum itself a Land card of some sort. Or a Wall card with Defender.

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Potential Creature Types - Latinx, Mold, SEAnig, Autist, Degenerate, Lurker, Shitposter, Troll
Is schizo too rare to be an option?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

TinyKusa

Early Adopter
this is such an autistic project
As a ex-MTG player, I am looking very much forward to every card created

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
  • See Riding the Dilu horse, as that is where I got the formatting. That card has reminder text that say the effect is permanent, but it is not required. If the effect was not permanent, it would say until the end of turn.
  • Again, that is the formatting of Riding the Dilu Horse.
Riding the Dilu Horse is from Portal 3 Kingdoms, where they were extremely loose with their language to try and make it less intimidating to newcomers; I wouldn't consider that normal formatting.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Riding the Dilu Horse is from Portal 3 Kingdoms, where they were extremely loose with their language to try and make it less intimidating to newcomers; I wouldn't consider that normal formatting.
I only made took the original design as it was to make it try and work as it was written by NeneLove. That's why I rewrote it in how they would have handled the rules text later in the same post and used counters instead of persistent effects.

I am well aware of how weird that set was, but the card was never errata'd to work a different way and is legal in eternal formats. So, even if they would rightfully never make a card like it again, the point was that a card like that can exist within the rules.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Jesus I regret making this thread... Is this how you feel proctor?

Okay, first of all I want to decide on the outline of the first deck we shall create, I ask the experts, how much of each card type should that contain? Or should we just do it at random and add whatever seems cool?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Jesus I regret making this thread... Is this how you feel proctor?

Okay, first of all I want to decide on the outline of the first deck we shall create, I ask the experts, how much of each card type should that contain? Or should we just do it at random and add whatever seems cool?
Id say random because it's gonna be hard to WILL 40 community created cards to work as a functional deck. I would also suggest doing one card of each color (that works as a commander card) first not only as practice but so we have something we can theme cards around.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Id say random because it's gonna be hard to WILL 40 community created cards to work as a functional deck. I would also suggest doing one card of each color (that works as a commander card) first not only as practice but so we have something we can theme cards around.
I think I'll just make them flawed and then let the people here screech them into functionality. I don't really care if they're functional as long as they are funny, but I am willing to let others discuss and fix them if they want.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I think I'll just make them flawed and then let the people here screech them into functionality. I don't really care if they're functional as long as they are funny, but I am willing to let others discuss and fix them if they want.
making things too weak works easier to buff things then to nerf smart choice.

For your own sanity I would keep statblocks small keep all the power in abilities as it's generally easier to shut down an annoying ability then to run over an annoying creature.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
If you want them to work together, the easiest thing to do would be pick a theme for each group and try and come up with cards based on that theme.

Especially since I don't plan to make any of the cards good, just funtional. I think it is funnier if the cards are objectively bad and borderline to completely unplayable.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
View attachment 54343
Critique.

This was super useful and good, thank you.
Pretty Good simple does it's job and sits on the field instant gibbing cards for being played on the field is very Black and inflicting damage to others is pretty thematic which is all you really need to do to make a card decent.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
My plans are to make a servant of mold for each color (thhrang, pipkun, short etc.) and then a normal user for each color plus maybe proctor and some artifact/spell/land cards to go with these.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
My plans are to make a servant of mold for each color (thhrang, pipkun, short etc.) and then a normal user for each color plus maybe proctor and some artifact/spell/land cards to go with these.
I PERSONALLY would limit myself to the moldmen and see if I were still interested in the project.

But otherwise that makes sense to me I assume all moldlings will beable to interact with eachother incase someone really wants to run a magic rainbow deck with them.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Top Bottom