"After this, I want to fuck Ollie, is that okay?"Sakura Miko

The Unofficial Asylum Trading Card Game

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
I don't know anything about any TCG but I love this idea. Some suggestions:

1) Yabs that get activated like trap cards in Yugioh

2) Rrat creature type; Rrat Breeder, Rrat King, etc and Rrat Slayer cards to oppose them. Probably using black mana.
I picture them looking like a cross between these but more stitched together, kind of like Frankenstein:
Rrat1.JPGRrat2.JPG

3) Shitposter's Successor: Reverses the effects of all yab cards used by the opponent while this card is in play.
Art would be the 4 out of 5 star hat with rabbit ears or a legally distinct version of this:
Shitposter's Successor.JPG

4) Favored 2 view: Greatly boosts the power of one card under a certain mana cost

I might draw some art for these when I'm free if this idea doesn't die in in the next few hours.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
I would highly suggest using this program over using some random website. it can also make yugioh and pokemon style cards.

Okay approved, thank you proctussy.
First I wanna fix the reticule card, honestly reticule is too complex of a subject for just one card, so I was thinking about a double card with one being normal-ish and the other being degenerate. I ask the card gods: What ideas have ye? Is this even allowed? I also wanna rename creatures to "Inmates" but they would be functionally identical.
@The Rrat @That Guy Over There
I think it would be pointless to rename creature into inmate, cause inmate can't really apply to tokens such as the mold creatures, better to just have inmate be the subtype taking the place of human.

Last edited:

IMissTheOldInternet

I MUST NOT GLOW I MUST NOT GLOW I MUST NOT GLOW
For Reticule a +1/+1 counters being exchangeable for 1/1 Creature Tokens with the type Meatkin would make sense. Reticule being madness playable would also track.
Proctor should take -1/-1 counters for every creature with the Meatkin type in play, and when Proctor leaves play he exiles target creature.
It's been years since I touched magic.
For planeswalkers, mods are probably a better fit than chuubas, to keep it in the forum.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
For Reticule a +1/+1 counters being exchangeable for 1/1 Creature Tokens with the type Meatkin would make sense. Reticule being madness playable would also track.
Proctor should take -1/-1 counters for every creature with the Meatkin type in play, and when Proctor leaves play he exiles target creature.
It's been years since I touched magic.
For planeswalkers, mods are probably a better fit than chuubas, to keep it in the forum.
the downside to using mods as planeswalkers is that we only have 3 (proctor, reinigen, johnny jambalaya) unless we add granthh to them as a former janny for 4.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
Ok boys, I had this idiotic idea today and some people seemed interested so here we go:

So as a shitpost and just a fun way to waste time I am making an asylum trading card game in the style of MTG, with all of the asylum injokes as cards and all of the prominent inmates as creatures. Below is my first creation that got some people triggered today.
View attachment 54267
Thing is though, I know jack shit about magic autism, so I require you folks to help me make realistic cards (I would've made them randomly but I KNOW you fucks are gonna complain, so I will open it for your consideration and approval).

This thread will also serve as a repository for my collection of created originals and as a way to share concepts and ideas, let's be ultra autistic about bits of paper together!
I also made some custom asylum mana symbols (they are transparent PNGs):
View attachment 54269View attachment 54270View attachment 54271View attachment 54272View attachment 54273
White is Hopeful, Red is MATI, Blue is Informative, Green is Meds and Black is Autistic.

I don't know shit about MtG, but I applaud your autism, that is all. However, from a lore/gameplay perspective, Reticule should lower the power of Pippaposting thread's citizens, because most of the time he makes us want to kill ourselves (or at least kill him).

IMissTheOldInternet

the downside to using mods as planeswalkers is that we only have 3 (proctor, reinigen, johnny jambalaya) unless we add granthh to them as a former janny for 4.
Three per a block usually isn't it? If I remembered that right it works out.
Planeswalkers being actual playable cards are past my time really, closest was Legenday cards when I still played.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
Planeswalkers being actual playable cards are past my time really, closest was Legenday cards when I still played.
for balance reasons we should have at least 1 per color, so 5 total, we just need to come up with one more person to add and then try to figure out which colors they would represent. going off mostly guesses on my part I would say proctor for hopeful(white), johnny for info(blue), reinigen for meds(green), and granthh could fit either autism(black) or mati(red).

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I don't know shit about MtG, but I applaud your autism, that is all. However, from a lore/gameplay perspective, Reticule should lower the power of Pippaposting thread's citizens, because most of the time he makes us want to kill ourselves (or at least kill him).
hes unifying you all in a common goal. That's a buff. Autists together strong and autistic.
for balance reasons we should have at least 1 per color, so 5 total, we just need to come up with one more person to add and then try to figure out which colors they would represent. going off mostly guesses on my part I would say proctor for hopeful(white), johnny for info(blue), reinigen for meds(green), and granthh could fit either autism(black) or mati(red).
we don't need to stick to official jannies. Honestly id Throw Scoots in as the white "jannie" the only one of us who is consistently a decent human being.

That or just change it form Jannies to posters of some actual note outside of just being omni present and liked. Murray(Blue) is a good fit for this (scoots(white) too obviously) Jamby (green) the non janitor verison. Nenelove (black) at the risk of being accused of asskissing and maybe Gigachud(red)?

Obviously who it should be is gonna different defending on who you ask.

Reasoning.
Murray is king of the journos around here for his recent black company killstreak. Blue fits someones who deals in information.
Scoots is kinda obvious and i already explained.
Jamby is a dedicated troll and baitposter and to me anyway seems to do so by "growing" the joke untill it's out of control and gaining a body count.
Nene always goes for the throat fitting for a BLACK :smugpipi:
and Gigachud gives zero shits and will burn all sides equally

the last three serving as a good representation of our "troll posters" with Jamby being slightly more neutral that gives us 2 shitposters and 2 constructive posters. which was a happy accident.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Ima be honest, I did not expect this fucking thread to get so much traction, I guess I will have to convene a high council of autists to standardize procedures and decide what is the best modus operandi, gotta drag my sleep-deprived body away from the web for now though.

I am fine ideating concepts, flavor text and images for the cards, what I need from you fags is the technical aspects which I know nothing about. If left to my own devices I will surely go about creating illegals, horribly overpowered monstrosities and logical impossibilities because of the ever dreaded rule of cool, your job is to slap me in the face and tell me "bad spic stop being so autistic, this is how you do", I have plenty of ideas but not much sense in me if you get my drift.

IMissTheOldInternet

As long as the most important facet of blue isn't lost. It needs to be absolutely positively unfun to play against. I say this as someone that preffered monoblue decks.

2 Blue
Cancel target spell
The epitome of game design.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Ima be honest, I did not expect this fucking thread to get so much traction, I guess I will have to convene a high council of autists to standardize procedures and decide what is the best modus operandi, gotta drag my sleep-deprived body away from the web for now though.

I am fine ideating concepts, flavor text and images for the cards, what I need from you fags is the technical aspects which I know nothing about. If left to my own devices I will surely go about creating illegals, horribly overpowered monstrosities and logical impossibilities because of the ever dreaded rule of cool, your job is to slap me in the face and tell me "bad spic stop being so autistic, this is how you do", I have plenty of ideas but not much sense in me if you get my drift.
You can use something like gatherer and search based on keywords that are part of a mechanic like "enters the battlefield" and it gives you a lot of cards with those mechanics, so you can get a general idea of how it works or how the cards are designed.

There's a lot of mechanics that are often just not explained on some cards like "Kicker 2 - Some effect", which means you spend 2 additional mana when you play that for a special effect.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Question: why do you care about balance these are fan cards made that will never actually see play.

Not saying you can't care about balance just wondering what the point is.

We can't give our thoughts on technical aspects untill we see what you intend to create with your ideas. We can't say X is OP if we don't even know what X is yet.

if you do want to create balanced magic cards i'm gonna have to point out magic is not balanced no card game is there are always things that are power crept by other things so aslong as your not makinbg "this thing automatically wins the game when drawn" it's going to be pretty much down to preferance.

One day your gonna be swearing Niv Mizet is the worst (read powerful) card in the game and the next it's gonna be Kess or Edric.

One final thing I will say is I think you should stick to keywords and creature types established by magic already yes yes it's not as funni as calling Reticue a mold man but we can do that anytime and it will still be as fresh and funny as if it was printed on a card.

Flash for "baitposts" Trample for our Architects Goad/Menace (Trolls) Reach (Rrats) Scry (journos) ect. Someone more familiar then me with all the uncommon keywords can help further.

Last edited:

Nigel Nigerman

is the virtual reincarnation of George Floyd.
Low effort. Try harder.

Sorry, I don't watch your streams so I can't think of anymore. I won't watch because you have small tits (AIRI TIDDY HITS MY GRIDDY!!!).

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
@Nenélove Are you ok with me taking some of the finished cards for my card battling video game proof-of-concept?

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Autism time:
  • It's unclear whether you're intending the boost to Mold creatures to be permanent for those that exist when it ETB, permanent to all that are in play while Reticule is, or only until EOT. It should either be giving +1/+0 counters, a state-based effect (no ETB trigger), or "until EOT", respectively.
  • Is the -0/-3 permanent, or until EOT? If it's permanent, again, you should be using counters. You don't need the "0" if you're using counters, just have "Put a -0/-3 counter on Reticule:" as the cost.
  • You haven't defined what a Meatkin artifact token is. Is it a creature? If so, what's its P/T? Does it have any other abilities?
  • I get that you're calling Reticule a huge fatty (and also black), but a straight-up 20/20 with no hoops to jump through/preventions for graveyard shenanigans, in the color best suited to said shenanigans, is far too strong.
  • See Riding the Dilu horse, as that is where I got the formatting. That card has reminder text that say the effect is permanent, but it is not required. If the effect was not permanent, it would say until the end of turn.
  • Again, that is the formatting of Riding the Dilu Horse. I only put the 0 there because having "Reticule gets -0/-3" as a cost looked weird. Having 0 there is not used nowadays, but it was used in the past. I didn't put the 0 cost in the corrected version which uses counters.
  • I didn't define meatkin tokens because I didn't make the card. Idk what they are either lol.
  • Again, I didn't design the card, just fixed the formatting.
Three per full-sized set is typical, yeah.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I never played magic so this is all new to me.

Was there a general card that granted complete immunity to bullshit for one turn? If so, can you make me into that card please.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
I never played magic so this is all new to me.

Was there a general card that granted complete immunity to bullshit for one turn? If so, can you make me into that card please.
Unironically, yes.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)
Top Bottom