"Gi-bara! Gi-bara Gii-bara superchat! Gi-bara Gibara Su-per-RICH!"Otogibara Era

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
If you don't want to hear perspectives from people who predominantly watch Niji and don't grab all their info from /vt/ greentexts and OOC clips then just say so.
Well i wanna hear
Come on a good pace of change on the eternal neglected question that everyone gives me
Why Nijisanji cant manage their international branchs? please dont bring HoloCN like always when i think of vtubers i dont think nobody would expect to have nationalistic fuckers working for them
maxresdefault.jpg

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Especially since the top talent in NijiEN did a similar thing with seemingly no problem.
Now ill admit i cant hear the clip since im currently in public but, Zaion presented a stream asset, i dont think anyone of the big two or even smaller corpos have done a gag like that, it was always with a made up/parody name (e.g Tako Eats), i still think it was a stretch to shit on Zaion for that, since Dee's Nuts was a fucking unfortunate coincidence on her part

Edit: yeah i listened to the clip and honestly Zaion's was still more egriegous (although i will still say it was too much and a retarded choice regardless)

Although, it wouldnt be suprising if they did indeed give the more outstanding talents a free pass

Last edited:

Nabeshin

3 reasons, no one cares about security until is a problem, second it's free and third is that they already knew it.

I work on a place who needs a lot of security for a few parts of the system and from time to time, you see someone asking to use a platform full of holes like discord instead of a good or self-hosted one.

People don't understand but a lot of managers and higher ups at any corporation are retarded and doesn't care about security, like how about 1-2 years ago there was a huge gitlab exploit where you could ransom an entire gitlab instance and then you would see news of top 500 companies "losing" the their entire instance while having things like VPN's, 2FA and more but because an manager didn't wanted to log-in in on the VPN everytime they need to accept a PR, they force the IT department to make it public letting it be hacked. Or how you see people leaving companies and they don't remove his permissions, emails and more.

A few examples are, discord verifies if the channel is hidden or not on the frontend, so you can see all hidden channels on a server with a simple script, another example is that mods can download data from an entire-channel with a single button, it's easier to hack a server than is a slack one, like how happened with one of the biggest holo fan servers and more.

this shit

fuck it
The jokes write themselves honestly.
:SelenHAHAhere:
Thanks for supporting my position with adding no banter to the discussion, Mr nijibaiting on general

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Thanks for supporting my position with adding no banter to the discussion, Mr nijibaiting on general
You complaining about people baiting in the general is really rich.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
When is the Dee's Nuts corporate Ninja-hit squad gonna take down this disgusting misuse of their IP:
I mean if Zaions stream asset was enough to get the sweat flowing, is this their next target?

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
@niggaphil Livers have a lot of latitude and basically operate more like Professional Athletes (in the Western sense) than Idols (in the Japanese sense). The character is functionally a Brand under the Hololive banner and the Hololive Member has a massive amount of ability to build the brand as they want to.
With this frame of mind, it's pretty wild they have that much control. Like, if the NFL gave the Texans to DDK and said, "Build and run team how you want for as long as you want; here are the boundaries" (though for this example, they'd give her an expansion team, but you get the point)

FWIW I am American and I also never heard of Dee's Nuts. I'm more of a Mr. Peanut enjoyer. It's definitely a nitpicky accusation by some manager or higher up with an axe to grind against her. Especially since the top talent in NijiEN did a similar thing with seemingly no problem.
There's NO fucking way anybody in management knew of the brand "Dee's Nuts". It's ONE store in Florida, with a normal online presence. Unless the manager themselves lives in Jacksonville, (or.. perhaps tipped off by a Liver?) they went searching for more dirt to throw on Zaion. (albeit not a long search, it's Google-sensei's first hit) Somebody got an extra beer from Upper management when they discovered this.

Probably 'cause Erika raided into Panko, but I remembered the phrase "There's a sad girl here Fishman" crossing my mind more then once reading the doc last night.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Welp Zaion delivered I agree that she got shafted the moment she questioned hypocrisy in the company.
She spread it herself though so I doubt the 'no room mate discussion' factor matters here
Yeah False in particular is starting to be more loosely goosey with roommate talk when it's clear the talent in question wants their old audience to find them.
eg kson, Nazuna, Yugo and most recently Yuri as seen in this vid where he jokes about her disappearing forever, while showing her new temp model on screen

I'm wondering if she made this with the help of an attorney. There's clearly lots of stuff missing, the big one being the direct testimony of her treatment by the other Livers themselves. It's possible they had the NDA and could say "This stuff is safe, this stuff isn't."
The statement reads to me as done with a lawyer present given the "stuff has been withheld for legal reasons" and the clear distinction between Sayu and Zaion
The funny part is after discussion with my wife about deez nut joke got Zaion fired from Niji, my wife mentioned that Luca always make the deez nut jokes (way too frequent), and not getting any warning or suspension at all. I guess this is the power of Golden boys from Luxiem
I think the problem was less deez nuts jokes and more a "sponsored by deez nuts" joke that happened to be an actual brand unbeknownst to Zai.
@this shit mentioned other niji livers that are active and streaming on their PLs. Im wondering if they originally allowed their talents to do this and than decided to change the rules going forward or if they only allow talents that have been with them for a certain amount of time and arent a flight risk to do this.
Perhaps alternatively, Zaion had a different contract than her genmates. I don't know how big she was before joining niji but if she was a genshit affiliate or whatever I assume she had at least a somewhat decent sized following.
He said this multiple times but I've only seen Hana cited are there any pl accounts active (besides Kyo Twitter I hope he got bonked for that bs) on twitch or YouTube in the EN branch? it's very possible the ID and JP can (assuming there are jp pl streaming accounts) due to different contracts
As far as I know all EN accounts have ceased pl activity where streaming is concerned at the very least correct me if I am wrong
You have to pay out of the ass for Slack and Teams is an abomination.

The dirty truth is that a lot of professional work in small-mid size tech companies is done through discord. There is no platform that offers video chat/screen share superior to discord right now.

Every demerit of discord also existed in skype and that was the default communications software of the last decade.
Speaking as an employee of a contractor for a big tech company building computer hardware, we use Teams for all our communications on top of company specific e-mails discord is not a thing there.
Teams was a godsend during COVID for meetings it works fine for everything we needed.

I would hope he got bonked for this but as we've seen niji is inconsistent at best across talents.

As for the claim that Zaion screwed up by switching to first person during the the personal experience section

I interpreted the framing of this doc as Zaion and Sayu teaming up to make this statement so the personal experience portion is Zaion speaking not Sayu as Zaion (this is supported by the disclaimer about disavowing harassment to niji and the talents being repeated because she wrote the same thing as both Zaion and Sayu to keep the illusion that both are different people)

Also I agree that EVEN IF Niji has a case here it would be PR suicide whether or not they win

Last edited:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Well i wanna hear
Come on a good pace of change on the eternal neglected question that everyone gives me
Why Nijisanji cant manage their international branchs? please dont bring HoloCN like always when i think of vtubers i dont think nobody would expect to have nationalistic fuckers working for them
maxresdefault.jpg

Sure.

KR was bought wholesale from a failing Korean V-Tuber company as a cheap alternative to overseas expansion than laying down the foundation themselves. They found out far too late that the reason they were failing was because the KR managers were allowing their 'top' talent to bully others. Worse, they then hired Ara Chae who bullied Yuya Shin into suing her, and was terminated so ungracefully that she wasn't even given a notice by the main accounts at the turn of last year. They were far too slow to realise that their off-hands approach was keeping them in the dark and they lost the likes of Bora Nun before they could do anything about it. Ever since they merged, they have been pretty much okay. Roha Lee returned a few days ago with a new outfit.

ID was mostly an issue with the market, I believe. I don't think the Indonesian market is at all as lucrative as these companies first thought they were. NijiID have nothing but good things to say about their staff, but I think executive decisions from Tokyo deeming them non-profitable - as well as the pandemic - has greatly impeded their ability to really do anything. It's not a coincidence that the ones speaking English get the most viewers, and it isn't a coincidence that the likes of Azura, Layla, and Hana have recently started leaning into EN more.

NijiEN has mostly been managed fine. Their major 'yabs' have been on an individual level and I think the company have navigated some pretty precarious situations like the Discord leak quite well. Sayu mentioned that her manager was only on the job for 2 weeks and that lack of experience with such a big personality was a recipe for disaster. It's not really indicative of the overall work culture, though. At least I don't think so. If they can fix the cancelled concert sooner rather than later I'd even argue their management has been relatively smooth (at least in a public-facing way).

I don't want to derail this thread too much so I'll leave it there, though.

There's NO fucking way anybody in management knew of the brand "Dee's Nuts". It's ONE store in Florida, with a normal online presence. Unless the manager themselves lives in Jacksonville, (or.. perhaps tipped off by a Liver?) they went searching for more dirt to throw on Zaion.
Try Nyfco. The XSoleil doxx info thread has been trying to get everyone in XSoleil fired since they debuted.

One of them even cheered when they saw 'the list' on Zaion's termination because one of the bullet points was something they contacted Anycolor over. I'm not sure if that thing they took credit for was the Dee's Nuts brand but if it was then we can at least put to bed that it wasn't another liver.

JP management will shit their pants if someone writes a strongly-worded email about how Zaion infringed the copyright of a US store on stream regardless of context.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
I don't know why I need to be brought up in this. I know your post came before mine, but I would at least like to think that I position myself as somewhat critical of the company and talents when it actually matters. My criteria on that doesn't broadly cover every little thing, is all.

You're not going to get me to engage with 'discussion' about Hex holding a censored dildo asset as some kind of ToS-breaking yab as if Coco didn't spend the last 10 months of her career plastering a plush tail buttplug over her streams and shoving one into Marine in 3D, for example.

Even if my opinions aren't universally agreed with or are challenged, that doesn't make them unreasonable. If you disagree, you're free to do so; I disagree with a lot of you but I don't single you out as some kind of problem in the forum.

If you don't want to hear perspectives from people who predominantly watch Niji and don't grab all their info from /vt/ greentexts and OOC clips then just say so.
Holy summoning circle. Also, @niggaphil are you an ex lover?

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
It just feels like someone really had an axe to grind with Zaion, and I am interest on what it was.

fortnitesmasherX

It's funny. I actually vaguely considered auditioning for NijiEN at one point. It was an extremely casual notion that never even got as far as filling out the online application.
Are you actually Vox Akuma? Why are you pretending to not have gotten accepted into Niji?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Are you actually Vox Akuma? Why are you pretending to not have gotten accepted into Niji?

Wow, I never thought something I read on this forum could actually cause me to reflexively gag, but you have accomplished that.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Wow, I never thought something I read on this forum could actually cause me to reflexively gag, but you have accomplished that.
being accused of being a chink loving fággot should be a banneable offense tbh

chihirogumi

He hasn't been asleep all along! He's been secretly sabotaging other corpos and even vtubers in his own branch as Vox Akuma. Then he can add Kirsche to his ever growing harem and finally challenge Kuzuha as the king of Vtubers!

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
>As in the thing Ninji is reportedly forcing it's talents into where allegations and evidence of abuse is ripe

your grammar is pretty terrible so maybe i just don't understand you but you said "evidence of abuse", where is the evidence of abuse CalciumAnimal
in the idol industry. I'm speaking of Ninjisanjis behavior as an extension of that. I wouldn't be surprised if some Idol agents came to Vtubing expecting the same job and did not adapt not just that but Ninjisanji's behavior in general reminds me of the shades of abuse you see when you look into groups like AKB48 those shades usually signifying even worse abuses you can't see.

to clarify i'm not saying that is what's happening just that it's distressingly similar and I could see it happening.

Edit: Yeah sorry about that.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

flamenco rises from the dead once again in two hours

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

flamenco rises from the dead once again in two hours

Probably a good call given the 3k CCV Depressed Nousagi got. Probably unfucked his youtube career if he plays his cards right and does not fuck up massively again.

Top Bottom