"Uruka I wanted to thank you for finally changing your clothes, you were starting to stink, but what I wanted to ask you was how far apart do you wear your bra? Do you wear any at all?"Tenma Maemi

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Why is Zoom the most commonly used web conferencing platforms despite being more full of holes than Swiss cheese?
easy-red-easy-button.gif

this shit

fuck it
I would love more Niji fans around here to be honest, but the majority of them seem like thin skinned Twitter bitches. Few have the thick skin needed to deal with banter.
there's no banter, there's just TOTAL NIJIDEATH HOLOBRONIES WINNING, half the reactions in this thread are from people that don't watch any nijien talents, probably didn't even bother to read Sayu's document and are just repeating "black company MLM", if you believe what was written here you'd think that Tazumi was actually chairman of the CCP.

EDIT: the most popular nijien that's usually watched from people that don't watch other nijis is selen and even her shits on games AND directly on developers on stream

Fair, but she also didn't address them at all and asked that people left the talents alone. Her genmates choosing to shit on her isn't her fault.
Tbh not addressing that is the best decision she's made since after the genshin shit. Calling liars the rest of the genmates would have needed to show receipts and that would have turned against her all of their fans.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
@The Proctor can you edit the OP to add a link to her response dumped here, please? I cannot edit it any more.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Probably because they have a lot of talents already familar with it? The alternatives of things like Slack, Teams, or anything else are more or less the same if you're not going to waste a bunch of time and money making something in house.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
Because its one of the most popular communication platforms out there right now.

Do you seriously fucking think some 45 year old Japanese middle manager knows what “Guilded” or “Team Speak” are? No. No they do not. They do however know of Discord because its a popular social media platform and is easy to set up and use. Also probably much more secure than something like Microsoft Teams.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Huh, could've sworn one of the NijiENs had mentioned using Slack or one of the more professional corporate message systems at some point actually, maybe im going nuts but i swear at some point someone in one of the big or small corpos had mentioned or leaked it once

niggaphil

Well, at least the Corpo is not shitty enough to use LINE/WECHAT to discuss work or meeting. In my work place, I was plagued with these social media app, so that the retarded manager could contact me in the midnight for emergency shit. Fuck LINE

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Huh, could've sworn NijiEN itself had mentioned using Slack or one of the more professional corporate message systems at some point actually, maybe im going nuts but i swear at some point someone in one of the big or small corpos had mentioned or leaked it once
Someone has mentioned Slack before, you are not crazy. I forget if it was a Holo or Niji person, though.

this shit

fuck it
Huh, could've sworn NijiEN itself had mentioned using Slack or one of the more professional corporate message systems at some point actually, maybe im going nuts but i swear at some point someone in one of the big or small corpos had mentioned or leaked it once
Yes they use both, I don't kow if they switched recently but I remember Pomu mentioning several times "wait i've got a slack notification". It's much better for projects so maybe they use that for coordinating meetings and similar stuff and Discord for general comms?
Or maybe the managers started hating Zaion because she insisted on DMing them on discord instead of doing it on slack lmao

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
@The Proctor can you edit the OP to add a link to her response dumped here, please? I cannot edit it any more.

Gotchu fam

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
I rather like slack and the images provided looks more like slack to me but maybe that's because I can relate to the constant react emojis to signify you saw a post. Pretty sure they use slack for anything official. Hard to say for sure as I'm not autistic enough to compare emoji react sizes or some such arcane way to determine rather her screenshots came from slack or discord.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Well, at least the Corpo is not shitty enough to use LINE/WECHAT to discuss work or meeting. In my work place, I was plagued with these social media app, so that the retarded manager could contact me in the midnight for emergency shit. Fuck LINE
Reminder that LINE was invented by Koreans, who then marketed it primarily in Japan.

It's almost certainly a hostile action and part of Korea's cyberwarfare program targeting Tokyo.

TwoBit

Early Adopter
Hey, once you get your Matrix project off the ground, maybe you can get some of that sweet corpo vtuber cash by presenting them a discord alternative.

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
@this shit mentioned other niji livers that are active and streaming on their PLs. Im wondering if they originally allowed their talents to do this and than decided to change the rules going forward or if they only allow talents that have been with them for a certain amount of time and arent a flight risk to do this.
Perhaps alternatively, Zaion had a different contract than her genmates. I don't know how big she was before joining niji but if she was a genshit affiliate or whatever I assume she had at least a somewhat decent sized following.
I'm just :cursedbae: ing here but what if they gave her a different contract that prohibited PL use because of how much money she was making before niji? If they wanted her to be totally dependent on them than forcing her to graduate as sayu would be a good way to do it.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Huh, could've sworn one of the NijiENs had mentioned using Slack or one of the more professional corporate message systems at some point actually, maybe im going nuts but i swear at some point someone in one of the big or small corpos had mentioned or leaked it once

Someone has mentioned Slack before, you are not crazy. I forget if it was a Holo or Niji person, though.
Selen mentioned that she was the one that started the Slack group.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
The issues with Discord over other platforms are highlighted in many other places, but I'll skim over them quickly;

1) BLATANT UNPROFESSIONALISM. Discord is NOT a professional company. It is classic buy-out bait, founded by an entrepreneur solely in the hopes it would get noticed and bought out by a big tech brand like Microsoft for billions. This never happened, and Discord is still a money pit to this day. Why do you think shit platforms like Facebook and Discord allow rampant scams and other nonsense to go on? It makes them more money than the standard user does.

2) Absolute and total lack of privacy features. Discord outright REFUSES to remove user data. You cannot request Discord to delete your messages, only delete your account to 'anonymize' them. Discord messages are totally unencrypted and can be harvested using commonly available open-source tools. You can even see 'hidden' channels using some of them.

3) Zero legal recourse in the event of leaks. Granted this isn't just Discord. But I personally know business owners who had their businesses centralized on Discord and got their accounts hacked through no direct fault of their own. Discord doesn't fucking care. It has total and complete access to their accounts, their servers, everything, but refused to do anything to protect them or reverse the damage. This even applies to explicitly partnered servers. Discord. Doesn't. Fucking. Care.

As it stands any usage of Discord for a vtuber group is an insane liability, which has only yet to be exploited because frankly most vtubers are tech illiterate women who barely understand that a computer has more functions than gaming and livestreaming. At any point, any member of Nijisanji, Phase Connect or any other such 'official' Discord could download an open-source program and use it to anonymously download the entire message history of the server and every member in it, with no way to tell who it was, then just leak it to the public.

Don't. Fucking. Use. Discord. For. Your. Business.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
At any point, any member of Nijisanji, Phase Connect or any other such 'official' Discord could download an open-source program and use it to anonymously download the entire message history of the server and every member in it, with no way to tell who it was, then just leak it to the public.

Don't. Fucking. Use. Discord. For. Your. Business
Iirc when Sayu first started posting i think she did mention downloading a Niji Groupchat, i wonder if that was true and if it will leak anytime soon

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Getting canned for a deez nuts joke?
Erina from Phase Connect would be been publicly crucified twenty times over if she was in Nijisanji.

hylic

You have to pay out of the ass for Slack and Teams is an abomination.

The dirty truth is that a lot of professional work in small-mid size tech companies is done through discord. There is no platform that offers video chat/screen share superior to discord right now.

Every demerit of discord also existed in skype and that was the default communications software of the last decade.

Top Bottom