"Fiction books should really clarify that they're fiction so people with autism don't think it's possible and achievable. Like god damnit, I tried to concentrate so hard so I could have telekinesis like Matilda"Punkalopi

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

UberSoldat

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
My impression from obervation was that even for hololive there's a period of embargo where you should not be active with your past live activities after debut, but this is just speculation.
I don't think that is the case. I think it is just done because juggling both lives when you are just starting out on your corpo one and there is a metric fuck-ton to do is just a bad idea. Just think about IRyS and Council's debuts. Assets had to be made; Kronii and Mumei both previewed original songs they were already working on; IRyS released a whole EP on debut: along with just everything else and meeting people in the company.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Time to get the popcorn out and watch that one guy talk about it, live right now.

Also I see Nolan already posted earlier about it, this is more of a notification saying it started.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Welp, I have something to listen to at work

Depressed rabbit will be weighing in

Listening rn, I’ll have to go to and listen to what I missed earlier

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I didn't see it mentioned before, but I thought it worth bringing up - Sayu waited until it was Saturday in Japan before releasing Zaion's story, and I'd guess it was so Nijisanji management wouldn't be able to respond properly until Monday, but everyone online could respond right away.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
I didn't see it mentioned before, but I thought it worth bringing up - Sayu waited until it was Saturday in Japan before releasing Zaion's story, and I'd guess it was so Nijisanji management wouldn't be able to respond properly until Monday, but everyone online could respond right away.
Also it is on the tail end of Golden Week, so no manager is working.

Niji managers better rest up, they have a fire burning up when they get back to work.

Niji Talents contact manager about Sayu Document at holiday weekend? TWO WEEKS SUSPENSION!
NijiTalents: I am taking a two week break due to personal health reason and not because managers suspends me, please trust me. This is not their manager taking over their accounts.

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
A, a true American Classic. Attack during rest

See Proctor, they know when you are gone. Vtubers can sense it

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I'm dumbfounded that they gave a new gen that doesn't know how the corpo works a 2 week old newbie manager that doesn't know anything. Maybe other people could enlighten me on middle management since I don't encounter this problem but aren't you supposed to pair up new talent with an experienced manager that knows the ropes, with a newly hired manager acting as an assistant until they can handle it on their own? Not only that but instead of the manager getting some heat they just boot the talent instead?
Please someone :educateyourself: me I know they're YamanbaSanji but I didn't think they were as dumb as one.
As middle management myself I'll say this: it reeks of rushing things and poor planning

In the ideal world you hire the manager well before the people they're meant to manage and orient them using your existing team. A newbie manager assigned to the new wave isn't itself a problem, the problem is they weren't part of the new wave's orientation from the start, depriving the company of the personal relationships and trust they should have been building with their team. It really goes to show how rushed Niji is about pushing out new waves.

As a counterexample HoloEN hired a bunch of new managers and restructured management well in advance of Council. Some old talents like Gura and Ame ended up with new managers, but those managers also covered new talent too. Ame and Mumei now have the same manager, one of the new hires, for example.

We know that even Holo dock their talent's pay for their personal projects

It actually depends what the project is. Multiple people such as Marine, Kiara, and even some Stars have said that Cover gives a budget for music, though it doesn't cover the cost of the more spectacular MVs. There's also contradicting information on 3D, we know that showcases/debuts have a decent budget, but for normal 3D, Noel is on record saying a normal 3D Live is paid for fully by the streamer, while Kiara said that both last year's birthday concert and the 3D Live she plans to hold after her birthday this year were given a budget helping out part of the expenses.

I typed this before I saw your future posts so this is more for the peanut gallery than you. Jesus christ.

niggaphil

Also it is on the tail end of Golden Week, so no manager is working.

Niji managers better rest up, they have a fire burning up when they get back to work.
Niji Talents contact manager about Sayu Document at holiday weekend? TWO WEEKS SUSPENSION!

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Almost sounds like a number of Niji managers dealing with western talent are SEA doing an impression of the worst Japanese corporate bureaucracy has to offer.
If this narrative is remotely true, they are horrifically incompetent and malicious.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
It actually depends what the project is. Multiple people such as Marine, Kiara, and even some Stars have said that Cover gives a budget for music, though it doesn't cover the cost of the more spectacular MVs. There's also contradicting information on 3D, we know that showcases/debuts have a decent budget, but for normal 3D, Noel is on record saying a normal 3D Live is paid for fully by the streamer, while Kiara said that both last year's birthday concert and the 3D Live she plans to hold after her birthday this year were given a budget helping out part of the expenses.
I think Moona said they get $5k for songs and anything over that is out of their own pocket.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
THIS WAS RELEASED LESS THAN TWENTY MINUTES AFTER I WENT TO BED.

HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING

HOW
DOES
THIS
KEEP
HAPPENING
I for one shall pray for a scandal involving Rin's morning voice in Vox' stream. That should cover your timezone.
Almost sounds like a number of Niji managers dealing with western talent are SEA doing an impression of the worst Japanese corporate bureaucracy has to offer.
If this narrative is remotely true, they are horrifically incompetent and malicious.
Entirely possible. At least one of the Holo EN managers is SEA, too.

Singapore, mind.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
also a little frustrated with how Zaion words her actions--it had to be addressed to make the statement neutral, but it just sounds like she's bowing her head to the twitter freaks that won't give a shit and take focus away from the actual important points
I think it's more CYA to stave off any lawsuits. If she came out full guns blazing, it would be easier to say she acted with malicious intent. By being conciliatory to her mistakes, it softens her point of view against retaliation

Couldn't really give a shit about /vt/, it's more that it's already been next-to-impossible to get any discussion other than Holo, PC, or maybe VShojo in several supposedly general Vtuber places I'm aware of (including several friend groups). This is probably gonna make it even less likely; the worst thing probably coming out of this is that most people are probably gonna be on a "Holo is the Herrenrasse" bender.
I would love more Niji fans around here to be honest, but the majority of them seem like thin skinned Twitter bitches. Few have the thick skin needed to deal with banter.
THIS WAS RELEASED LESS THAN TWENTY MINUTES AFTER I WENT TO BED.

HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING

HOW
DOES
THIS
KEEP
HAPPENING
How many Romani elders have you pissed off in your lifetime?
As middle management myself
:vomit:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
I would love more Niji fans around here to be honest, but the majority of them seem like thin skinned Twitter bitches. Few have the thick skin needed to deal with banter.
Yah I’ve had the Same experience with the exception of the Selen bros

Nabeshin

If she broke a NDA there is absolutely a path to a lawsuit. What are you talking about ass covering?

“Trust me judge I wasn’t defaming the company because I specifically wrote I wasn’t defaming them when I aired all their dirty laundry”

Not a lawyer but I don't think that niji will sue her.

First NDA for the most part isn't enforceable and if what she said was true, the part of where she got suspended for talking to another manager can be interpreted as Unfair suspension which is against the US unfair labour practice, making the contract and NDA to not hold any legal value. This is why 99% of the time when someone breaks an NDA and gets sued, isn't by breaking it, but by trade-secret law and other type of law.

Second is that because Niji doesn't deal with any kind of sensitive material besides PL Data, which would be censored, so there's no way that they would be able to hold a private trial for suing Zaion, so instead they would have a public trial forcing them to leak a lot of sensitive information about Niji and because it's Niji suing, they're the ones who have to proof that Zaion lied.

Anyway, I personally don't think niji will sue but they will release an half asses excuse.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
I don't really fault Meloco. Meloco focused on how she felt and didn't really say anything about whether Zaion did anything wrong. I've waffled on Kotoka's response a bit. At first I thought she was justifiably frustrated that Zaion didn't take her advice. But there is a common thread in the livers' statements and in Zaion's statement that their opinion of Zaion changed after management talked to them. Maybe this is to be expected; when Yuri was terminated from Phase Connect, at least one of the talents commented that they were not previously aware of the extent of what Yuri had done. But I can see why people have more sinister rrats.

Ver had a response and then privated it a few days after streaming it. I haven't found any archives yet.
Here it is

Him butchering the word compilation is the second worst part of the statement. Makes sense that he deleted the video, I got a copy of the clip if it also goes down. I agree about Mel and Koto but it's still annoying compared to Yugo or others.

@niggaphil realistically, we have a fairly sizable amount of information about how Hololive works. Livers have a lot of latitude and basically operate more like Professional Athletes (in the Western sense) than Idols (in the Japanese sense). The character is functionally a Brand under the Hololive banner and the Hololive Member has a massive amount of ability to build the brand as they want to. There's very obvious boundaries, but they're not hyper restrictive creatively. You have to avoid Politics, Religion and the true final boss: Japanese Copyright Law.

The subtle part is that it seems like their Revenue all goes through Hololive first, so the Members are functionally encouraged to put much of that money back into services contracted out via the company. That way it doesn't hit taxes for either Hololive or the Member.

We can also infer that 3D Live events are extremely profitable for everyone, which is why the studios are always booked and they're paying millions to build up a new studio right now.

Lastly, the fact Hololive has been able to keep Noel, Choco, Mel and Matsuri corralled means they clearly gave up on quite a lot of ideas about what the guard rails should be. It tells you how bad Rushia's mess up truly was behind the scenes.
Yes and no. Rushia should have been known as unstable but also she shouldn't need a live in nanny. I think Cover could have kept her with a "better" manager.

Wait, wtf? The reason Lamy borrowed money was to get, ~10k USD, a sound proof booth and computer. I don't really understand your points.

We don't have any more infos about her realtionship with the genmates tho. We know they said she lied to them and she didn't address those allegation in her doc.
Fair, but she also didn't address them at all and asked that people left the talents alone. Her genmates choosing to shit on her isn't her fault.

Couldn't really give a shit about /vt/, it's more that it's already been next-to-impossible to get any discussion other than Holo, PC, or maybe VShojo in several supposedly general Vtuber places I'm aware of (including several friend groups). This is probably gonna make it even less likely; the worst thing probably coming out of this is that most people are probably gonna be on a "Holo is the Herrenrasse" bender.
Fair, but things do run in cycles. Stick around, I like Niji's too

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
It's funny. I actually vaguely considered auditioning for NijiEN at one point. It was an extremely casual notion that never even got as far as filling out the online application.

I'm glad it ended there.

Also, the idea that Nijisanji uses Discord for all their private communication is hysterical. This is objectively the worst way to do things. It's insane that such a large company would do this.

If I ever for some reason take an icepick to the tearduct and am brain-damaged enough to want to start a company myself, one of the main rules will be a complete ban on all official uses of Discord. Play with fire all you want on your private accounts; not one official communication goes through Discord, ever. Breaching this rule is a firing offense.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
In any potential trial between Niji and Sayu, jurisdiction, venue, and choice of law are going to be extremely important. It's possible/likely that the employment contract specified Japan as the venue and governing law, and might have also required Sayu to agree that the Japanese courts would have personal jurisdiction over her for the purposes of the contract and any disputes arising from it.

If the contracts didn't, however, then things get a lot more interesting, especially if they have to come to America and Sayu decides to counterclaim regarding labor practices. But there's also the issue of whether a suit would make financial sense for AnyColor, as Sayu is almost certainly a turnip defendant and a fact-intensive international lawsuit is expensive.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Also, the idea that Nijisanji uses Discord for all their private communication is hysterical. This is objectively the worst way to do things. It's insane that such a large company would do this.
As does Hololive, Phase Connect, Idol, Production Kawaii, Prism, etc, etc.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Top Bottom