"If you get a blood transfusion from an African guy then logically you are part african for a bit"Luca Kaneshiro

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

Stunned But Dumb

Probably unfucked his youtube career if he plays his cards right and does not fuck up massively again.
And his very next video is him announcing Depressed Nousagi NFTs, which are just his png with different vtubers wigs on them

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Wow, I never thought something I read on this forum could actually cause me to reflexively gag, but you have accomplished that.
I thought Vox's thing was causing other people to reflexively gag.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Sure.
KR was bought wholesale from a failing Korean V-Tuber company as a cheap alternative to overseas expansion than laying down the foundation themselves. They found out far too late that the reason they were failing was because the KR managers were allowing their 'top' talent to bully others. Worse, they then hired Ara Chae who bullied Yuya Shin into suing her, and was terminated so ungracefully that she wasn't even given a notice by the main accounts at the turn of last year. They were far too slow to realise that their off-hands approach was keeping them in the dark and they lost the likes of Bora Nun before they could do anything about it. Ever since they merged, they have been pretty much okay. Roha Lee returned a few days ago with a new outfit.
I agree.
I wonder then whats is your opinion about VirtuaReal then? i dont see major problems (maybe because the only compete with the other chinese corps) and they seem to be doing fine (for the most part)
ID was mostly an issue with the market, I believe. I don't think the Indonesian market is at all as lucrative as these companies first thought they were. NijiID have nothing but good things to say about their staff, but I think executive decisions from Tokyo deeming them non-profitable - as well as the pandemic - has greatly impeded their ability to really do anything. It's not a coincidence that the ones speaking English get the most viewers, and it isn't a coincidence that the likes of Azura, Layla, and Hana have recently started leaning into EN more.
I disagree.
This is a funny one Maha5 is a example of the ID market being profitable enough that they even could afford a expansion with a JP branch while only sticking to Bahasa Indonesia
The same in English but for HoloID you have one of the Jannies in this forum that have one of their members as an oshi and all of the events in their country to see how profitable Indonesia actually is.Also having English as their main language got SEAmonkeys to complain but ended with more overseas fans coming
NijiEN has mostly been managed fine. Their major 'yabs' have been on an individual level and I think the company have navigated some pretty precarious situations like the Discord leak quite well. Sayu mentioned that her manager was only on the job for 2 weeks and that lack of experience with such a big personality was a recipe for disaster. It's not really indicative of the overall work culture, though. At least I don't think so. If they can fix the cancelled concert sooner rather than later I'd even argue their management has been relatively smooth (at least in a public-facing way).
I agree

Last edited:

kukkia

Early Adopter
I agree.
I wonder then whats is your opinion about VirtuaReal then? i dont see major problems (maybe because the only compete with the other chinese corps) and they seem to be doing fine (for the most part)
VR does alright. Their management is pretty seperate from the rest of Niji, though. I think they're mostly just run by Bilibili, with the Niji connection being more just for branding and tech.

Chiato Macchiato

Macchiato "Definitely a PSYOP" Chiato
Edit: yeah i listened to the clip and honestly Zaion's was still more egriegous (although i will still say it was too much and a retarded choice regardless

Genuine question, how is showing made-up assets that "look similar to a real brand" worse than literally saying you're being sponsored by a real brand when you're not? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know she doesn't use the assets of a real brand, she just creates or uses ones with the joke words in them, right?

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
My conclusion to this whole thing is that I love Nijisanji... EN livers. The company can suck a dick though

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
I agree.
VirtuaReal is in a weird spot. For all intents and purposes they just use Anycolor's proprietary tech. When that girl got stalked and harassed by Tech Bros a few weeks ago, it wasn't Anycolor who made a statement vowing to take legal action, but BiliBili who are actually in charge of running them.

They are Nijisanji's pseudo-CN branch by virtue of being one half of a collaboration with BiliBili, but I'm yet to see them formally show up on any of their earnings reports which makes me think that the money Anycolor make off of them is being backended. I.e. VirtuaReal donations etc go to BiliBili, but BiliBili pay Anycolor for licensing of the tech.

They probably have certain rights to the usage of the characters too which allows them to appear in NijiFes. A bunch of them played in a Niji Apex custom earlier today too. They're seen as part of the company but internally Anycolor doesn't actually have a CN branch at all.

As for my opinions on them: I don't watch them. I like Nox when she shows up on EN streams because her design is cool but that's about it. I'm not sure when they have debuts or when one of them graduates.

Genuine question, how is showing made-up assets that "look similar to a real brand" worse than literally saying you're being sponsored by a real brand when you're not? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know she doesn't use the assets of a real brand, she just creates or uses ones with the joke words in them, right?
Apparently this clip conveniently cuts off the part where he says it's just a joke and he's not actually sponsored.

It's probably worth establishing that before we start making like-for-like comparisons in a vacuum.

chihirogumi

@raildex your meme is popular
1683411414284.png

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
She didnt use actual assets yeah, but i still think Vox just throwing a throaway comment was smaller than Zaion making a small gag using a fake logo, even though to literally anyone with a brain there is no way you can infer she was geniuenly sponsored

Like i said, chances are Vox was bonked or outright given the golden boy treatment too,.

Edit: apprently clip was cut off before he said it was a joke, so either that was enough or that wasnt even an issue in the first place

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I agree.

I disagree.
This is a funny one Maha5 is a example of the ID market being profitable enough that they even could afford a expansion with a JP branch while only sticking to Bahasa Indonesia
The same in English but for HoloID you have one of the Jannies in this forum that have one of their members as an oshi and all of the events in their country to see how profitable Indonesia actually is.Also having English as their main language got SEAmonkeys to complain but ended with more overseas fans coming

I agree
Don't use me as a part of your stupid argument

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Thanks for supporting my position with adding no banter to the discussion, Mr nijibaiting on general
Now say it again without crying :irysthumbsupl:

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!

Man, I love when punishments are applied consistently!

Archive:

Last edited:

this shit

fuck it
Now say it again without crying :irysthumbsupl:
Your meme game is weaker than Elon Musk's. Truly a latino poster: obnoxious, relying on decades old memes and fundamentally incapable of adding something of value to the conversation, even when trading insults

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Your meme game is weaker than Elon Musk's. Truly a latino poster: obnoxious, relying on decades old memes and fundamentally incapable of adding something of value to the conversation, even when trading insults
:kyoracist: But I thought you disliked bigotry? Kyo would be sad if he saw you saying those mean things man. Come on, it's current year, you should know better than to lower yourself to these kinds of insults, I truly believed you were an ally. Also, it's Latinx just so you know.

Anyway, this is getting really offtopic and gay, we should stop this senseless fighting and instead laugh at the upcoming juicy drama.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Last edited:

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Wow, I never thought something I read on this forum could actually cause me to reflexively gag, but you have accomplished that.
Can't be Vox, we all know that faggo t has no gag reflex.

chihirogumi

Top Bottom