"If your discord is down rn, you can notify me with telepathy or say nuts 3 times in front of a large mirror"Ayunda Risu

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Not to one guy "Yea but" you, but if you're referring to the Aster/Scarle DM's I demonstrated in the other thread there's a real possibility they are legitimate. See here -

Also various other arguments from other places can be summed up best with these two images.
GF0y-XA-a-MAATNUy.jpg
GF1-Evo-CWo-AAi-C7-T.jpg
I've been off twitter because it's a cesspool but regardless of whether the screenshots are fake or not, the very notion will likely cause others to have the idea of making shit up.

I'm just putting it out there that I am not so scorched earth as to condone forgeries to stick it to Niji and I don't condone harassment of the individual livers. There is plenty of tangible info to hold Niji accountable by the books.

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Polygon (I know, I know) article on the situation. Includes statements from Doki herself.
Archive

Edit: actually pretty decent overview of the situation and Nijisanji's woes.
Now the normies are talking about this situation, how long until it shows up on Fox News so the boomers in the comments can spout off, "WHAT'S A VIRTUAL YOUTUBER", "WHY ARE THESE KIDS HIDING BEHIND A CARTOON CHARACTER", and "I BET BIDEN WAS BEHIND THIS"

Edit: Oh God, I just realized that if it does wind up on Fox News my dad will ask me about it and I will have to feign ignorance. Nobody in my personal life knows that I waste my time watching men with voice changers.

Last edited:

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

nijisanji has lost another partner.......And I'm curious to know how many companies are taking action on this issue?

I still hear voices questioning Selen in some places, and I think this kind of news is obviously going to make them realize how serious this is and shut them up

chihirogumi

nijisanji has lost another partner.......And I'm curious to know how many companies are taking action on this issue?

I still hear voices questioning Selen in some places, and I think this kind of news is obviously going to make them realize how serious this is and shut them up

Sorry bro, you're late with this news, but I have a question to ask you since you're here.
What has been the consensus reaction to this news from the general Chinese vTuber fandom? Are they mostly behind Selen and think she was wrong, or do they actually think Selen is a troublemaking rulebreaker like some JP fans think? Also, has there been any similar drama in Anycolor's other vtuber company VirtualReal?

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Elira has been in JP with Petra and arrived right on the same day as announcement too. Initial tweet talked about wanting to start streaming as soon as possible and other than NijiApp update with attachments and one tweet in japanese about being cold there was total radiosilence since then.
Eh tbh I just ignore Elira lol. She's honestly the laziest in the long run when it comes to ongoings. Yeah she streams long and does her music occasionally but she doesn't really, do much that it'd be odd to see her really talk about anything let alone talk about any situations. However after she got pushback trying to set boundaries last year, I think she opt to keep her mouth shut on community happenings.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I've been off twitter because it's a cesspool
here, cesspool of wholsomness: https://twitter.com/hashtag/DokiGallery
don't thank me

nijisanji has lost another partner....
This is 2 days old news

Eh tbh I just ignore Elira lol. She's honestly the laziest in the long run when it comes to ongoings. Yeah she streams long and does her music occasionally but she doesn't really, do much that it'd be odd to see her really talk about anything let alone talk about any situations. However after she got pushback trying to set boundaries last year, I think she opt to keep her mouth shut on community happenings.
I wonder if all niji's laidback streamers are actually lazy or just burnt out by conditions...

Limkin

I wonder if all niji's laidback streamers are actually lazy or just burnt out by conditions...
She does 4-8 hours streams. That's not lazy. And yes she is very much done with the company fucking up all projects

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

Sorry bro, you're late with this news, but I have a question to ask you since you're here.
What has been the consensus reaction to this news from the general Chinese vTuber fandom? Are they mostly behind Selen and think she was wrong, or do they actually think Selen is a troublemaking rulebreaker like some JP fans think? Also, has there been any similar drama in Anycolor's other vtuber company VirtualReal?
The difference between the Chinese community and other communities is the difference in time, because of the local area network, all messages take 1-2 days to arrive, other than that there is no difference.

In addition, nijisanji en's main battlefield is not in China, there is almost no topic of conversation, and even if this matter is serious, it will only bomb nijisanji's own community of fans.

In addition, as I explained very early on, VR and anycolor had no relationship as early as last year. bilibili sold all anycolor stocks, and bilibili is probably only responsible for the peripheral distribution business of nijisanji now.The community of VR is completely separate from the community of nijisanji, and the talent of VR does not belong to nijisanji

Last edited:

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter

Trudwal

Towa baby

Koops

FYI for apostrophe discussion. Its not like it was the only reason we've believed she's ghostwritten. But I wouldn't check them for future instances

But why

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I made this earlier today and forgot to upload it here.
Laughs.png

The only thing that'd make it better is if a Dokibird edit of the same meme came out.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Imagine if Kaela collabs with Doki and tells her to "get some help"

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

1707419492004.png

Although nijisanji's website describes it as a division, in reality they have little to no relationship.
I can't totally deny it, just to be on the safe side, but I've been watching for years, and I've seen no evidence of a connection

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I'm just putting it out there that I am not so scorched earth as to condone forgeries to stick it to Niji and I don't condone harassment of the individual livers. There is plenty of tangible info to hold Niji accountable by the books.
As someone who doesn't pay attention or know much about the other Niji livers, I actually do feel bad that they're having to take so much fallout from this too. I'm not against discussing and speculating about the alleged bullying from other talents, but when people run with those and start directly accusing the talents o.f doing so with no actual concrete evidence, then I have a problem with that.

I don't really have anything different to say about it that isn't an amalgamation of what others have already said pertaining to this. If any of them are guilty of the bullying accusations, then fuck them, and they deserve to be ostracized. But without knowing for sure if any of them did it and who it was, it's not worth harassing any of them.

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt
Forgeries not only smear the reputation of individual livers who may be innocent in the matter, they also muddy the waters and obscure the truth when it comes to actual information that is useful enough to archive and discuss. Speculation is one thing, but one can already come to the conclusion of TND by just looking at the known facts. You don't need to, say, take Enna wildly out of context to establish that.

Zyklon Mag

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
All their fans already know who they are. They don't care.

Incredible that Axels Live2D model fits his voice better than his real face

Didn't want people to know why she was in the hospital. Niji basically told everyone why with their ghost tweet. Nice
I might be litte dumb. But even after reading all the pages and watching clips of her talking and all, I still don't quite get it.
Were the tweets about her accident written by Selen or management now?
Do we now know when Selen lost access to her account?
And, so far, I am assuming it was selen because she wrote the same tweet (or similar) on Doki as well. But then she says she didn't want the public to know about her suicide attempt. But the time this gets first revealed, is by Doki herself, in her very first tweet after the termination notice.
If she didnt want the public to know, why did she write it there then?
And, a vocabulary issue, what does the expression ambulance chasing mean here?

faithful parachute

But then she says she didn't want the public to know about her suicide attempt. But the time this gets first revealed, is by Doki herself, in her very first tweet after the termination notice.
If she didnt want the public to know, why did she write it there then?
And, a vocabulary issue, what does the expression ambulance chasing mean here?
The termination notice (and the earlier message on Selen's twitter) made it obvious it was a suicide attempt. Being under supervision and without your phone is typical after a suicide attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom