"ok, ill devour all the fish in the world today"Shisui Michiru

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Incredible that Axels Live2D model fits his voice better than his real face

I might be litte dumb. But even after reading all the pages and watching clips of her talking and all, I still don't quite get it.
Were the tweets about her accident written by Selen or management now?
Do we now know when Selen lost access to her account?
And, so far, I am assuming it was selen because she wrote the same tweet (or similar) on Doki as well. But then she says she didn't want the public to know about her suicide attempt. But the time this gets first revealed, is by Doki herself, in her very first tweet after the termination notice.
If she didnt want the public to know, why did she write it there then?
And, a vocabulary issue, what does the expression ambulance chasing mean here?
The Selen tweet about being hospitalized came before Doki said anything if im not mistaken, the Termination notice implied that she didnt have access to her account after the 25th or so, and the notice was written on the new years iirc, confirming that it wasnt written by her

I think she meant that she did not want to make aspects of her hospitilization public if she was let go amicably and not terminated, the termination forced her hand in a way
Ambulance chasing means going after sick or hospitalized invidivuals to ask them questions or ask for something from them, id believe

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I assume tardsanji got info that she landed in hospital by harrasing her contacts (mother blabbed i guess?). Did both 'Selen' tweets appear before Doki ones?

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!

Imagine being a financial analyst in New York City, having legacied worked your way through Columbia University into a cushy job with Goldman Sachs, and at the very end of your 16 hour workday you are tasked with investigating why an obscure Japanese stock is suddenly crashing, and after finding out why, you now have to explain to your boomer bosses why an anime girl streamer getting fired and the ensuing public fallout among weirdos on Twitter is causing this stock to collapse.
1707424447154.png

I don't know if this is the best timeline, but it certainly is the funniest one

MAXIMUM PENETRATION

I only post when I cannot contain my autism

TLDR; Bloomberg says BUY because
1. Majority of earnings are from JP, not EN
2. Individual Vtuber sales are low %
3. year on year returns of 30%

I don't know enough about stocks to agree/disagree, because in Bloomberg's defense, there's a good chance the stock is currently underpriced with the emotional backlash and it looks like Niji will return a profit.
Bloomberg didn't mention (and 4chan did):
1. Anything from Doki's side, probably because she's an individual actor and not a company
2. Loss in confidence in NijiEN (19% of sales)
3. The possibility this problem might be endemic in all branches
4. Nijisanji might be saturated in Japan and might need expansion into other markets.
5. The perceived backlash from their IR. (might be minor)

Then again, I'm a Cover fanboy, and I'm not sure what Bloomberg means by sales.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Fine lining of any and all political and financial analytics: they can't predict shit. Accuracy of their mid/long-term predictions is literally no different from asking random people on streets, this is proven fact.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Snake-Oil-Cures-All.jpeg

GET IT NOW FOLKS! ONLY TODAY FOR 25¢ A BOTTLE!
THIS LITTLE MIRACLE HERE CURES ALL OF YOUR LIVER ISSUES RIGHT UP!

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

TLDR; Bloomberg says BUY because
1. Majority of earnings are from JP, not EN
2. Individual Vtuber sales are low %
3. year on year returns of 30%

I don't know enough about stocks to agree/disagree, because in Bloomberg's defense, there's a good chance the stock is currently underpriced with the emotional backlash and it looks like Niji will return a profit.
Bloomberg didn't mention (and 4chan did):
1. Anything from Doki's side, probably because she's an individual actor and not a company
2. Loss in confidence in NijiEN (19% of sales)
3. The possibility this problem might be endemic in all branches
4. Nijisanji might be saturated in Japan and might need expansion into other markets.
5. The perceived backlash from their IR. (might be minor)

Then again, I'm a Cover fanboy, and I'm not sure what Bloomberg means by sales.

Internals would matter more than any one loss of a talent, just from a standard investor perspective. However, confidence in the board doesn't seem too striking and if Selen's removal leads to a collapse of the EN branch it'd probably be enough to force changes of management. Though the fact AnyColor is large enough & the event big enough to get any sort of note is, itself, noteworthy.

niggaphil

I dont trust any economic analyst except Jim Kramer.

If Jim Kramer suggest to buy the AnyColor stock for future investment, we know shits will hit the Kurosanji fans

:sinktheyacht::sinktheyacht::sinktheyacht:

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Fine lining of any and all political and financial analytics: they can't predict shit. Accuracy of their mid/long-term predictions is literally no different from asking random people on streets, this is proven fact.
Not to mention that vtuber industry is a volatile market by its nature, any talent can have a sudden termonuclear yab, get doxed, reveal their radical political views or marital status on an alt that is not so hidden (or get that info leeked by persistent antis). Agencies can hire hidden gems or ticking time bombs, golden streamers can just fucking die or fall ill or get injured.

I heard things like Nijisanji promising to make the line go up through international expansion, and their previous financial info revealed that EN branch is bleeding viewers and Niji cope is that "it's JP audience returning to JP segment".

What I'm saying is buy golden bars I'm just gonna sit here, eat some popcorn, and be really happy that my livelihood doesn't depend on analyzing all that shit.

Last edited:

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
No, nogger, it wasn't. The IR report, the termination notice. I bet these indish cliques are still in denial about everything because of how important they think they are. THEY THOUGHT SHE OUTLIVED HER USEFULNES, YET HERE SHE IS. ALIVE, THRIVING, AMBITIOUS AND WITH HER FLAME RESTORED, THE SAME FLAME THEY EXTINGUISHED. THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE AN UNTOUCHABLE CAST YET GOD WILL HAMBLE THEM, AND SO WILL COLD CAPITALISM AS THEIR STOCKS PLUMMET TO THE GROUND. SOON THEY WILL LIVE ON NOTHING BUT GIBS, SURVIVING OFF STREET RATS AND SEWER WATER. TND! TND! TND! TND! TND!!! TND!!!!!!!! TND!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_4180.gif

Punished Lurker

Definitely not back as I'm going on a big road trip and thankfully I enjoy other forms of media to keep me occupied, but I wanted to stick my neck out and show that I'm not quietly eating shit and thanking Tazumi for it. This is totally unacceptable. There will likely be a big announcement(s) this weekend after the event on the main channel and if it's 3D or the reason(s) they went to Japan for like 3 months then they've not only fucked up existing Livers' aspirations but also severely fucked up the next couple of months of endeavours and all their hard work with this.

So my guess is that they received Selen's request to graduate normally after the pre-race show announcement, got pissy, wanted the termination to come first, and delayed the race proper so they could move on to 'the good stuff'. But their PR statement was so horrifically bad that they have completely sabotaged their own FY Q1 2025 plan. Heads have to roll for that alone.
I have said it before but I'll repeat it, I too believe there will be an announcement after the weekend event in the main channel and it most probably will be the big 3D concert they have been preparing for for the last 6 months. It makes me so mad to think that it is now, after 2 graduations and this atomic mess of a termination that they'll probably decide to announce it. As Scuddle says a moment that should be a triumph after so much effort and time will become just another thing to mock at, and all because management is incompetent as shit.

Although I think that they received Selen's request of graduation first, tried to negotiate and then decided to terminate her I too believe they took this course of action thinking that they'll get to the "good stuff" after all the bad. But this termination was so horrible it achieved the complete opposite of what they intended

lolwatagain

I have said it before but I'll repeat it, I too believe there will be an announcement after the weekend event in the main channel and it most probably will be the big 3D concert they have been preparing for for the last 6 months. It makes me so mad to think that it is now, after 2 graduations and this atomic mess of a termination that they'll probably decide to announce it. As Scuddle says a moment that should be a triumph after so much effort and time will become just another thing to mock at, and all because management is incompetent as shit.

Although I think that they received Selen's request of graduation first, tried to negotiate and then decided to terminate her I too believe they took this course of action thinking that they'll get to the "good stuff" after all the bad. But this termination was so horrible it achieved the complete opposite of what they intended
Considering their previous history with 3D live concerts and their general incompetence, they're probably going to announce that the 3D concert has been postponed for at least 3 more months as a result of Selen's actions and COVID, and then cancel it altogether in May while bringing EN into the main branch.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I might be litte dumb. But even after reading all the pages and watching clips of her talking and all, I still don't quite get it.
Were the tweets about her accident written by Selen or management now?
Do we now know when Selen lost access to her account?
And, so far, I am assuming it was selen because she wrote the same tweet (or similar) on Doki as well. But then she says she didn't want the public to know about her suicide attempt. But the time this gets first revealed, is by Doki herself, in her very first tweet after the termination notice.
If she didnt want the public to know, why did she write it there then?
And, a vocabulary issue, what does the expression ambulance chasing mean here?

Unfortunately, one of the many bits of baseless speculation that is being repeated back and forth as if it is fact is that the Niji release definitely proved that all of Selen's tweets after the "management removed the video" tweet where ghost-written when the facts are actually not in evidence to prove this. I'm going to go into this more on my stream tonight, but basically the timeline looks like this (Using PST because that's what Selen usually used in her tweets):
  • Dec 25, 5:00 PM: Last Cup of Coffee debuts
  • 5:30 PM: Selen starts streaming, talking about getting rights to the song from the original creators among other things. This stream lasts about 90 minutes
  • At some point between Selen ending stream around 7:00 PM and her tweet at 7:55 PM: Management takes down the video
  • 7:55 PM: Selen tweets about the video takedown
  • AT SOME UNKNOWN POINT between that tweet at 7:55 PM on December 25 and the announcement of Selen's termination at 2:57 AM on February 5, Selen loses access to her Twitter account, according to the Niji announcement
  • 8:21 PM: Dokibird tweets about losing $15k
  • Presumably later that evening: Doki "attempts" and is hospitalized
  • December 27, 5:39 PM: Selen's "just got my phone back" tweet
  • December 31, 1:45 AM: Selen tweets about being discharged (her last tweet under that account)
  • December 31, 2:16 AM: Doki tweets about being discharged
Now note that Selen and Doki tweeted about being discharged half an hour apart. Personally, to me, that gives credence to the idea that those tweets were made by the same person - Selen tweeted to assuage her fans, maybe farted around on Twitter for a bit responding to DMs and reading replies wishing her well, then switched accounts to Doki and tweeted again, this time with that photo of her arm with one of those hospital ID wristbands.

"But wait, doesn't Niji's announcement imply they cut access to her accounts right after the video takedown tweet?" No, it does not. Here's the relevant part from page 2 of the announcement.

0111-01 Lose access.jpeg

So, according to Niji:
  1. They took the video down
  2. Selen made the tweet that got them buttsore
  3. They frequently attempted to contact Selen, including using her emergency contact, to have her disclose the staff's reasons for taking the video down. There's no indication on how much time these communication attempts took, but they were not instantaneous, and I think it's reasonable to assume that they could have taken several days.
  4. They decided to remove Selen's Twitter access.
Now if step 3 took at least a week, which I believe is possible, then step 4 would have happened after Selen's December 31st tweet.

TLDR: Despite rrats being echoed back and forth so much that people are believing they are true, there is currently no substantial evidence that any of Selen's tweets were ghostwritten.

Now about those fucking apostrophes…

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Unfortunately, one of the many bits of baseless speculation that is being repeated back and forth as if it is fact is that the Niji release definitely proved that all of Selen's tweets after the "management removed the video" tweet where ghost-written when the facts are actually not in evidence to prove this. I'm going to go into this more on my stream tonight, but basically the timeline looks like this (Using PST because that's what Selen usually used in her tweets):
  • Dec 25, 5:00 PM: Last Cup of Coffee debuts
  • 5:30 PM: Selen starts streaming, talking about getting rights to the song from the original creators among other things. This stream lasts about 90 minutes
  • At some point between Selen ending stream around 7:00 PM and her tweet at 7:55 PM: Management takes down the video
  • 7:55 PM: Selen tweets about the video takedown
  • AT SOME UNKNOWN POINT between that tweet at 7:55 PM on December 25 and the announcement of Selen's termination at 2:57 AM on February 2, Selen loses access to her Twitter account, according to the Niji announcement
  • 8:21 PM: Dokibird tweets about losing $15k
  • Presumably later that evening: Doki "attempts" and is hospitalized
  • December 27, 5:39 PM: Selen's "just got my phone back" tweet
  • December 31, 1:45 AM: Selen tweets about being discharged (her last tweet under that account)
  • December 31, 2:16 AM: Doki tweets about being discharged
Now note that Selen and Doki tweeted about being discharged half an hour apart. Personally, to me, that gives credence to the idea that those tweets were made by the same person - Selen tweeted to assuage her fans, maybe farted around on Twitter for a bit responding to DMs and reading replies wishing her well, then switched accounts to Doki and tweeted again, this time with that photo of her arm with one of those hospital ID wristbands.

"But wait, doesn't Niji's announcement imply they cut access to her accounts right after the video takedown tweet?" No, it does not. Here's the relevant part from page 2 of the announcement.

View attachment 63280

So, according to Niji:
  1. They took the video down
  2. Selen made the tweet that got them buttsore
  3. They frequently attempted to contact Selen, including using her emergency contact, to have her disclose the staff's reasons for taking the video down. There's no indication on how much time these communication attempts took, but they were not instantaneous, and I think it's reasonable to assume that they could have taken several days.
  4. They decided to remove Selen's Twitter access.
Now if step 3 took at least a week, which I believe is possible, then step 4 would have happened after Selen's December 31st tweet.

TLDR: Despite rrats being echoed back and forth so much that people are believing they are true, there is currently no substantial evidence that any of Selen's tweets were ghostwritten.

Murray, you're missing one key fact in your analysis here - Namely that Selen/Doki's lawyers presented AnyColor the ultimatum to separate peacefully on January 26th. One month after the presumed date of her suspension. If you couple that with Sayu's document, she indicated during suspensions you are locked out of your accounts during suspension periods. Put those two points together, and it's easy to come to the conclusion those tweets were written by management.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Well ghosts are invisible so how can you prove a ghost wrote it?

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Murray, you're missing one key fact in your analysis here - Namely that Selen/Doki's lawyers presented AnyColor the ultimatum to separate peacefully on January 26th. One month after the presumed date of her suspension. If you couple that with Sayu's document, she indicated during suspensions you are locked out of your accounts during suspension periods. Put those two points together, and it's easy to come to the conclusion those tweets were written by management.
Counterpoint:
NijiEN management is inept as hell.

Example:
Her Twitch is still up and chat is still active.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Doki also stated during her return stream that she never wanted to go public about the hospitalization.

Also I plan to continue blindly supporting apostrophe rrats as long as they continue to make people mald.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Counterpoint:
NijiEN management is inept as hell.

Example:
Her Twitch is still up and chat is still active.

That one's easy - her Youtube's memberships are still open. They're trying to milk recurring Membership/Subscription renewals for a few more weeks.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
That one's easy - her Youtube's memberships are still open. They're trying to milk recurring Membership/Subscription renewals for a few more weeks.
Didnt they immediatly close Pomu's and thats what caused the one video to leak through?

holy shit this company

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Murray, you're missing one key fact in your analysis here - Namely that Selen/Doki's lawyers presented AnyColor the ultimatum to separate peacefully on January 26th. One month after the presumed date of her suspension.

Please point to me where in the document there's any mention of her being suspended prior to her Twitter access being revoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom