"I hate this stream, chat. It's me lying to make myself look good, chat. I can't believe this. I can't believe that I lied to make myself sound good"Hana Macchia

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I kind of wonder what the fallout is going to be in the JP fps sphere.

Obviously noting is going to happen directly to Niji. The big JP tourney/server organizers like CR and Hal are too far removed from EN drama, and Nijisanji too big besides, and the JP side too uninvolved.

But... the JP-adjacent pros, the rpr's and iPN's of the world, aren't going to go on business as usual. Her friends in Holostars aren't going to have it. People who straddled the en/jp line like dtto are already mutuals. And there will be the odd person like not-Chihiro who are connected enough. Things just seem primed for some kind of fallout, maybe it will take one more incident.

Limkin

Is Riku wanting to challenge Elon's speed run for company devaluation?
It went down around 15% in December through January, which I would assume is due to news of Selen unheroing herself. Then recovered to old level slowly, and now they opened with people rushing to sell it the second it became available

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Hex also posting some cryptic statement.
Seems like a bunch of livers in the JP/SEA timezones have slept on it and are only now releasing anything

Work (for Nijisanji) will set you free (from life by causing you to rope) :smugpipi:

Awoogers

Obviously noting is going to happen directly to Niji. The big JP tourney/server organizers like CR and Hal are too far removed from EN drama, and Nijisanji too big besides, and the JP side too uninvolved.

But... the JP-adjacent pros, the rpr's and iPN's of the world, aren't going to go on business as usual. Her friends in Holostars aren't going to have it. People who straddled the en/jp line like dtto are already mutuals. And there will be the odd person like not-Chihiro who are connected enough. Things just seem primed for some kind of fallout, maybe it will take one more incident.
One of the JKgumi calling it quits would be the best thing to prime the downfall

As poetic as it is that one of the old guards to usher it's death sentence

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
How many NijiEN do ya think are going to quit this year over this? Or more accurately how many of the NijiEN that are still in have souls?

frz

nothing
Just like they are friends with selen, they are friends with the nijilivers too, they can't just boycott their friends and ban them from participating tourneys.

Sven

It's mind blowing they thought this statement was a good idea.

They, somewhat, got away with it with Zaion between her being fresh enough that she had few to defend her and support her side and no reputation built up and they hit her out of the blue with it so she couldn't comment on it till after lawyering up so the story was already set before she could speak. But Selen, by their own admission, had already lawyered up and was ready to speak immediately on top of having what I would deem the Pikamee reputation in that even people who didn't watch her knew of her and next to no one had a bad word to say against the laughing dragon.

Just making this funnier is despite leaving on good terms Pomu left plenty of hints that Niji was black herself so for them to try and scalp a fairly universally beloved streamer for shit that even in their own statements just makes the company itself look incompetent, again it's just mind blowing.

Last edited:

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Not-Mysta and not-K9Kuro with some insight into the inner working of what may be happening behind the scenes:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

frz

Reddit is not so easy. If mods decide so, niji staff will lose custody of subreddit
image.png

nah they only does that to individuals, not corpos.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
How many NijiEN do ya think are going to quit this year over this? Or more accurately how many of the NijiEN that are still in have souls?
Probably none, if any do it's coincidental timing. Selen wasn't close (persona wise) with many except for "Nijicancelled" +Pomu. But given the harassment they're all getting, I can see them slowly starting to back out.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
It's mind blowing they thought this statement was a good idea.
That's why, hire people who have a good grasp of PR, Legal, and Communication. Why are corporate statement filled to the brim with slander? Yes we love the deets in regards to someone's contract termination, but not to the point of slander.

It's fucking retarded for them. Are there no one in Anycolor who have good grasp of optics? Are there decent professionals there because currently it feels like it is managed by toddlers, and yes the nepo hire music producer is one of them, but come on is NijiEN staffs consists only by him? I highly doubt that.

Probably none, if any do it's coincidental timing. Selen wasn't close (persona wise) with many except for "Nijicancelled" +Pomu. But given the harassment they're all getting, I can see them slowly starting to back out.
I believe this incident have severely tarnished the branch reputation, those who still have small following would stay but the big ones would be eyeing the door, reinvest into their past persona before leaving, which would take half year to a year.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I'm late, as a resident (former) Niji-fan I don't really have much to add that hasn't been said either. Except for a correction to a post.

ill say this again and again but niji fell off the moment Lulu graduated and ill gladly die on this hill
unknown (2003).png

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
I don't really have anything of worth to add, but since we're dunking on NijiEn management there's always this classic:

I've never been the biggest Niji fan but the Selen+Pomu Geoguessr collab was one of the best streams i watched last year, pure retardkino, hope they both end up in better places, wherever that may be.

God she told them it could be interpreted as weird nig fetish shit and they still made her March into meat grinder :whatastory:

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Being a EN simp must be really hard for a JP fan. They get all the retards in Japan being corpo shills while seeing everyone in the EN sphere livid.

niggaphil

Are there decent professionals there because currently it feels like it is managed by toddlers, and yes the nepo hire music producer is one of them, but come on is NijiEN staffs consists only by him? I highly doubt that.
Please understand, Kurosanji is too poor to hire professional business employee, they can afford to pay peanut for the part time employee with degenerate background experiences :sinktheyacht:

Awoogers

I'm late, as a resident (former) Niji-fan I don't really have much to add that hasn't been said either. Except for a correction to a post.

View attachment 62914
I'll take it since lulu is lovable as well

And no I didn't forget my prayer time

Sven

I don't see many quitting and not over a matter of soul but if they quit it will fuck them in a lot of spheres that Niji still has weight in, not to mention legal repercussions for breaking contracts.

What I do expect to happen is that there will be a lot of coasting till contracts expire and not many renewals because between this and Pomu leaving in such a short time frame the writing is on the wall for Nijien and the only people who would should want to stay at this point are the favored ones because it's become very obvious the cons vastly out way the pros otherwise.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
nah they only does that to individuals, not corpos.
True... but how fast they will react to reinstate niji staff? Reddit don't have any obligations here and it in the end boils down to personal biases. Reddit admins absolutely can just ignore niji, at least for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom