"I think TEMPUS needs to become an animal, since we have foxes, squirrels, kobo, birds, and mouse"Pako

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverBear

How many NijiEN do ya think are going to quit this year over this? Or more accurately how many of the NijiEN that are still in have souls?
Brave of you to assume that Niji isn't threatening them at gunpoint to not leave so their PR won't take a nose dive.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Being a EN simp must be really hard for a JP fan. They get all the retards in Japan being corpo shills while seeing everyone in the EN sphere livid.

Pako san...

Bug Eater

How many NijiEN do ya think are going to quit this year over this? Or more accurately how many of the NijiEN that are still in have souls?
Honestly it's too hard to guess anymore but Ike and Vox were really close to Selen (and at many times Vox seemed like he already had one foot out of the door). Nobody likes seeing their friend treated so poorly and discarded in this way but it will hit those two particularly hard. Ike and Selen did a lot of duo collabs together (tfw they will never finish Dead Space 3) and even did a cover together (sort of), and Selen liked Vox enough to carry his ass to masters in OW2 offstream (and also invited him to various collabs with big OW pros/content creators who Vox idolized when he was younger), outside of their fun banter during the NijiCancelled streams and other collabs, and even events they held together like the Minecraft Prism Cup. They both really respected her as a content creator and as a friend.

Fulgur was also good friends with her but I don't think he would leave just yet. Rosemi was close with Selen but I guess that won't become an issue until her contract is up again next year. From the newer members I imagine that Vivi is really going through it at the moment given that she was a big fan of Pomu and Selen before she joined.

edit: not EN but Bobon from ex-ID just lost probably one of his biggest reasons to stay, his fans even commented on how he only reappears when Selen invited him to tournaments and stuff.

Between my 2 favorite Niji livers + the one who went nuclear after leaving all defending him/hanging out off stream I'm convinced that the guy behind the persona is a good dude.
He got a bad rep for the coomer stuff and the crazy elements of his fanbase (and for some of his missteps in handling those things), but yeah I think he's a good dude at heart.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I don't see many quitting and not over a matter of soul but if they quit it will fuck them in a lot of spheres that Niji still has weight in, not to mention legal repercussions for breaking contracts.
JP talents - sure, nijiEN - no, niji has absolutely no weight in western market. The only thing that can suffer is collabs with other corpos that care. And JP side can just not renew the contract and quit quietly

Punished Lurker

I know this is optimistic as fuck, but I really hope the bullying allegations are talking about management or other higher ups because this situation is depressing enough without adding "actually livers hate each others guts backstage" in the middle
I've been saying the whole time that if they did the same thing to Selen that they did to Zaion it would be a bloodbath. It is one thing when you do that to a newbie that has only been around for three months, but another to do it to one of your most popular people and THE most popular of the girls.
It's incredible how hard they fumbled it, people already said it here but if they had just been a little more formal or professional this whole thing could have gone a little bit better, instead we got this atomic dumpster fire of a situation. If the companies are poaching talents Niji should start poaching some better HR employees
Well look who is calm today for once
Hey look I know it's funny but I was pretty calm in my long post the other day, I'm behaving pretty calm all things considered.

... at least until saturday, because if what I'm thinking is right and they do announce the 3D concert at the Mario Kart tournament after all these bad news I'm going ballistic
It’s actually kinda funny how the JP side is so “oh she broke rules then makes sense” and completely disregarding the fact of there literally the words “harassment” in the document.

I just wish the best for all of them I just hope they get an insane amount of support post Niji (because at this rate staying seems like a detriment considering the general vtuber public opinion) and make Niji take a big fat L. But also I hope someone or something on the JP side blows up so the whole collective learns how shit they treat their non main branches.
I would really like for someone to make a manual translation of the japanese announcement so we could compare both, as I've seen there seems to be tweets that translate it as the complete opposite of what it originally said. Also as I said in the original post I'm happy Selen has been getting this much support

Also as a testament of how big this situation seems to be this thread has almost reached the 50 pages, and all in less than one day

Horo7618

No one in particular
True... but how fast they will react to reinstate niji staff? Reddit don't have any obligations here and it in the end boils down to personal biases. Reddit admins absolutely can just ignore niji, at least for a while.
There's still an offical Niji account at the top of the subreddit mod list (along with Riku Tazumi....), but whoever was actually modding day to day seems to have up and left. Unless they've lost the credentials for that account it's going to be a trivial matter for them to re-establish control, but they don't seem to have noticed.

frz

I would really like for someone to make a manual translation of the japanese announcement so we could compare both, as I've seen there seems to be tweets that translate it as the complete opposite of what it originally said. Also as I said in the original post I'm happy Selen has been getting this much support
multiple people already debunked those tweets

... at least until saturday, because if what I'm thinking is right and they do announce the 3D concert
aint happening bro most of them still doesn't have 3D lolw

Last edited:

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
riku-tazumi-7.jpg

This picture have meme potential

chihirogumi

I'm late, as a resident (former) Niji-fan I don't really have much to add that hasn't been said either. Except for a correction to a post.

View attachment 62914
sorry bud but who's graduation announcement started this domino effect of livers graduating left and right?
:chihiroapex:

braindoko

idk if this was posted in this thread already, Pipkun's rant reminded me of her PL twitlonger that mentioned some of her personal issues. It might add perspective to her recent actions

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Niji defending yamanbas need to at least READ the graduation post before they go off half-cocked on hypotheticals already addressed by Niji's own claims, never mind surrounding evidence and corroborated claims from third parties on their practices

Last edited:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Sven

JP talents - sure, nijiEN - no, niji has absolutely no weight in western market. The only thing that can suffer is collabs with other corpos that care. And JP side can just not renew the contract and quit quietly
I agree in the west Niji has little power but I can't imagine everyone in EN is going to be laser focused on the EN market only. Anyone that went into Niji with idol dreams for instance needs the JP market and JP corps will side with the other JP corp over some overseas talent if they say don't work with that person. There is also any sway they hold in the music industry that could cause who knows what kind of headaches for an indie given how incestious that industry is even without having a malicious agent against you.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
image.png

nah they only does that to individuals, not corpos.
Wtf? I didn't know about this...
I know that the Holosub was willingly given up by the original creator after Cover asked and they gave them time to settle the handover and inform the members, I guess the signs were in plain sight all along.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
idk if this was posted in this thread already, Pipkun's rant reminded me of her PL twitlonger that mentioned some of her personal issues. It might add perspective to her recent actions
Dude WTF, why she allowed all of that in the first place? She legally adult, she could just call police and kick them out!

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
image.png

nah they only does that to individuals, not corpos.
It's youtube tier levels of hoop jumping except at least with youtube we know what the hoops are. I know a few were able to fight off invading claimants but not how they did so and most of what i found was rumor and hearsay.
Wtf? I didn't know about this...
I know that the Holosub was willingly given up by the original creator after Cover asked and they gave them time to settle the handover and inform the members, I guess the signs were in plain sight all along.
It's best to think of it as that damned youtube copyright claim system. You know the one that demands creators prove they did not whatever the fuck the bots are claiming they did.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Dude WTF, why she allowed all of that in the first place? She legally adult, she could just call police and kick them out!
One of an abuser's primary goals is to get the victim to see going against them as essentially impossible. It's just not that simple for people in that kind of situation.....

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Non asian bro, it doesn't work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom