"Go to the church and ask God to forgive you!"Abigail

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

niggaphil

View attachment 62899
Meanwhile in Selen's twitch (which they forgot to nuke)
When you thought Kurosanji forgot to nuke the youtube moderators is already funny

They even forgot to nuke twitch :selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh:

This gonna be some entertaining shitshow for me during my holiday break

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
What a week.. :beataniugh:
What do you mean it's only Monday?

I am going to have to find room to hang up the selen scroll I got ages ago(that I never hung up because I lack space)

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Bullysanji its real?
Also i think not even the AR live being announced now would be able to change their bad rep

KR had rrats of bullying, too, if I remember correctly.

Gibara Fan

Babutaro(Gibara) Love
Lots of people talking about Zaion, but not about Yamiyono Moruru.

View attachment 62894

View attachment 62895
wasnt this luna

or am i remembering things wrong
:depressedtako: If only:
Holoinvaders2.1.jpg
I was a fan of her during her Kurosanji days and while I am super happy that Luna is now in Hololive, I just missed her original model.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
So did the intern that uploaded the termination notice forget to turn off comments or did they expect it to be well received?

MAXIMUM PENETRATION

I only post when I cannot contain my autism
did you fuckers know she had BPD? because that brings a perspective to all this shit.
She's attempted before, dealt with family and ex bf abuse so her easily spiraling isn't a shock.
Would have never known with all the fun dragon giggles and the fun banter I see from clips.
I would never in a million years have called Selen menhera, unlike some other tubers.
Originally I disliked and stayed away from NijiEN because of all the Vox whoring and all the twitter sisters. That doesn't mean I enjoy seeing it implode or mismanaged though.

I chalked that up to KR society bullshit, but I may have to re-evaluate.

hlwldlnf

So a couple of days ago I made a longpost where I talked about the state of NijiEN and said that if things didn't get better soon they would approach a reputational point of no return, or that maybe they had already crossed it.

Well if it hadn't been crossed before I think we can say now it has because good god the reaction to the announcement has been brutal. Don't get me wrong it's absolutely deserved, but it feels like the boiling pot of problems that Nijisanji has been generating in the last year has finally blown up in their faces. Sure it's still very early to say how much damage it leaves but the response on Twitter and other places has been overwhelmingly negative (besides allegedly the JP side) and I am surprised how unified the response has been. Happy to know Dokibirds account has received so much support too

I'll come back later to see older posts and reply to them
It’s actually kinda funny how the JP side is so “oh she broke rules then makes sense” and completely disregarding the fact of there literally the words “harassment” in the document.

I just wish the best for all of them I just hope they get an insane amount of support post Niji (because at this rate staying seems like a detriment considering the general vtuber public opinion) and make Niji take a big fat L. But also I hope someone or something on the JP side blows up so the whole collective learns how shit they treat their non main branches.

Tubedude

Community note is back on the termination tweet.

Limkin

To be entirely fair to Nijisanji, KR was entirely on it's own and the moment they caught the wind of it, they did intervene and resolved the issue. And KR members are happy with results, as most of them are able to speak JP without issues
njsnj.png
The stock exchange

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
What the fuck is in the water at Nijisanji?

YOUR REPUTATION IS EVERYTHING, YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Why on earth would they ever choose to vomit out THREE PAGES of half truths trying to babble their way terminating a well-liked talent after a suicide attempt? This serves no purpose except to deliberately start rolling in the poop. AS A FUCKING BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY. The self-inflicted damage to the brand is what's immeasurable.

Anyone who feels a bunch of fiddly rules or a laundry list of offenses justifies the termination would feel just as justified by a single strong reason. There is no one to be convinced by going overboard. In this particular case, there's the added layer of running face first into the mainstream suicide prevention attitude in the west, where no matter what logic, driving someone to make an attempt will look inexcusable.

It is entirely possible to terminate a contract by saying "We regret to announce we are terminating our relationship with X". Perfunctory statement about Obsydia. Perfunctory statement about the channel. End of notice. There's an entire spectrum from instant graduation, to termination but saying nothing, to reasons without specifics.

BUT YET here we are. Again.

Anyway, I'm glad she's okay, and glad the community rally behind Doki has been so massive. I'm genuinely impressed by the humanity of it. Dramatubers and holofans getting their licks in is one thing, but I'm somewhat impressed by artists giving up jobs, ex-talents and mamas showing support, even clippers dropping the company. Hell, fan discords with strict past life rules relaxing it to let Dokibird and Selen be mentioned in the same breath. Pity these courtesies were never extended to Sayu, but I guess it was different time then.

Oh, also,
If we're looking for others to follow this trend, I would say Ike and Rosemi

I fucking called it.

There are plenty of kind souls in NijiEn who are going to vote with their feet and self-select straight out of the company over the next year. Not sure how long openly empathetic people like Ren, Vivi, Alban etc will last.

Ballpark_Look

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Would have never known with all the fun dragon giggles and the fun banter I see from clips.
I would never in a million years have called Selen menhera, unlike some other tubers.
Originally I disliked and stayed away from NijiEN because of all the Vox whoring and all the twitter sisters. That doesn't mean I enjoy seeing it implode or mismanaged though.

I chalked that up to KR society bullshit, but I may have to re-evaluate.
Same happened with Robin Williams, it's literally always the ones who laugh the most or bring the most smiles to people who are hurting the worst.

Re cancellations:
Meanwhile Aia is thinking she'll thrive in the lack of people watching their actual oshi.

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
Community note is back on the termination tweet.

Its been up and down several times now. NIJI is clearly trying to fight it but aren't winning the battle.

Limkin

Its been up and down several times now. NIJI is clearly trying to fight it but aren't winning the battle.
I had dokibird as a first in list of "people you might want to follow" after opening twitter. And I've never even followed her as Selen in the first place. Given how much human factor plays role in such things (despite companies claiming it's all algo and they are never at fault) it will not surprise me some actual human is pushing buttons

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Here's Sayu showing her support for Selen and the Dragoons

I REALLY HOPE THIS IS A SUPREMELY POORLY TIMED ENNA TWEET

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Is Riku wanting to challenge Elon's speed run for company devaluation?

niggaphil

Is Riku wanting to challenge Elon's speed run for company devaluation?
At least Elon Musk could shoot random rockets to the moon and make some random monkey neural chips, what can Riku do? Sink more Yacht?? :sinktheyacht::sinktheyacht::sinktheyacht:

Horo7618

No one in particular
YOUR REPUTATION IS EVERYTHING, YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Why on earth would they ever choose to vomit out THREE PAGES of half truths trying to babble their way terminating a well-liked talent after a suicide attempt? This serves no purpose except to deliberately start rolling in the poop. AS A FUCKING BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY. The self-inflicted damage to the brand is what's immeasurable.
I mean, they care about their reputation with the EN audience exactly as much as they care about their EN talents. That's pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom