"gacha games are poison. i like poison 🥹"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I'd love to see Selen break NDA. If she really was facing harassment, she could probably fight the breach of NDA and be protected as a whistleblower. Not sure what effect that would have on her standing in Japanese communities, though. She is pretty deep in that scene.

I also hope she wouldn't be prevented from collabing with Hololive talents, either. Something I just thought of while typing this is that Dimitri Jap reposting her termination is kinda interesting in that it is possible he has worked with her before, if he is involved in Stars management, too.
Zaion already demonstrated that any NDA is toothless.

The JP esports scene is a different matter, of course. Selen won't want to burn that bridge, and I suspect the only way to not burn that bridge with a Zaion style document would be Niji JP collapsing. Current rifts notwithstanding, that seems unlikely.

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
Edit: Someone already posted it. Oops sorry.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Zaion already demonstrated that any NDA is toothless.

The JP esports scene is a different matter, of course. Selen won't want to burn that bridge, and I suspect the only way to not burn that bridge with a Zaion style document would be Niji JP collapsing. Current rifts notwithstanding, that seems unlikely.
Yeah, that is all true. Apex is also dead in Japan, though, so it is hard to say if she would end up staying in the JP scene and move to a different game with them. Given her lack of JP jouzu, I would think she would just transition to getting involved in the EN scene more.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Talents managing talents...

IT'S MILLIE!!! SHE'S A FUCKING MANAGER!!! THAT'S WHY SHE'S NUMERO UNO DEFENDO OF ALL THINGS NIJI, SHE'S DOUBLE DIPPING HER FAT ASS IN EVERYTHING!!! NO WONDER, SHE HAS A LOT TO LOSE IF THE BRANCH EXPLODED.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Been looking into this more and apparently Canadian laws are shit. Looks like the private sector is not covered much at all by their whistleblows laws. That is fucking awful.
What exactly would she be whistleblowing? People being mean to her within the company isn’t something the government would care about. I would think only thing regulators would care about are severe violations of law regarding things like pay and working hours or macro issues like the company cooking the books. Even then, a lot of this would only be relevant in Japan and not the nations where they hire independent contractors.

Psielite

20240205_163415.jpg

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

IT'S MILLIE!!! SHE'S A FUCKING MANAGER!!! THAT'S WHY SHE'S NUMERO UNO DEFENDO OF ALL THINGS NIJI, SHE'S DOUBLE DIPPING HER FAT ASS IN EVERYTHING!!! NO WONDER, SHE HAS A LOT TO LOSE IF THE BRANCH EXPLODED.
It's actually her giant hat who is also Riku Tazumi's secret alter ego

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
What exactly would she be whistleblowing? People being mean to her within the company isn’t something the government would care about. I would think only thing regulators would care about are severe violations of law regarding things like pay and working hours or macro issues like the company cooking the books. Even then, a lot of this would only be relevant in Japan and not the nations where they hire independent contractors.
She's a Chinese woman. She could find something to make up that was protected. I'd think it would be difficult and expensive to enforce international NDAs on a contractor, anyway.

This is mostly just my retarded hopes, anyway.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Does the trophy in her oshi mark symbolize the play button she never got?
Well, her dokibird YouTube account is at 150k subscribers. Even if she never got one from Niji, she should be getting one soon.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Bit unrelated, might move it to the gen thread if its too offtopic

>go to Varis
>last nijipost before her graduation post was blackjack wondering if selen would be sanctioned because Dokibird was playing with Nocturnal

His first post after that is bringing up Snuffy for no reason

YugiBro

Casting Yamanba Magic
Culls only happen to new channels that are suspected of botting right? Even if Dokibird gets its subs culled 10-20%, she would still be getting that play button.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔

Would be interesting if that was the reason she didn't specify whether it was "management" or "livers" that bullied her, they're one and the same.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
She's a Chinese woman. She could find something to make up that was protected. I'd think it would be difficult and expensive to enforce international NDAs on a contractor, anyway.

This is mostly just my retarded hopes, anyway.
I don’t think we are thinking of the same thing. NDAs are very fact specific and hard to enforce even if it’s all in the same country. I assume you would consult a lawyer and eventually a court would determine if it was enforceable or not. I don’t think whistleblowing in the sense of what you’re thinking of really applies here.

Either way, NDAs have to be rock solid to be enforceable and most aren’t.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I wish I could see Riku waking up today to this shitshow
Being blunt, he probably doesn't give a shit. NijiEN only seems to exist as an afterthought to bring in passive income on the side, which would explain why they seem to have so little direct support. As long as the JP fans aren't causing a ruckus, it's easy to write this off as just the gaijins getting uppity again.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Yep. Sadly most of kurosanji yabs will be seen in court as "well, you're failure of a company and bad business ewww, but nothing really illegal", unless they have some major financial machinations or there is overwhelming proof of systemic harrasment and literal incitement to suicide. Revealing financial transactions will do some further reputational damage, but eh, we already knew that pay is shit. Some saving grace is, all the same goes for talent as well. Some vague "activity rules" are not a legal contract, most they can reasonably expect to enforce is the version present (and signed on paper!) at the time of contract signing/renewal. Even then, depends on its actual wording and status in main contract. We cant discuss viability without reading actial texts. Point is, it can be spinned other way round and argued that niji violated contract first, potentially may times.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Too bad there's not somewhere that you can get the selen voicepacks without supporting niji. Somewhere like Nyaa.si. If only.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I'm so glad women are so bad at killing themselves. I can only imagine how many oshi's would be lost to us due to menheracide and people like Selen/ dokibird deserve to live.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Would be interesting if that was the reason she didn't specify whether it was "management" or "livers" that bullied her, they're one and the same.
Niji EN dying like Tsunderia did.

If this rrat checks out, I hitch my wagon on Phase poaching. The symmetry would be beautiful.

ThatGuyFromThe213

And it only took one of Niji EN's top liver to expose the bullshit (no one took Zaion's claims seriously) that was going on behind the scenes. I'm happy for her that doesn't need to deal with their crap anymore. And to have a mental breakdown and attempted to end it all is just wild. I hope shes in a better mind set now that almost everything have been aired out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom