"I don't get why rodge (Rogue) equals random though, that's an interesting way to call it"IRyS

Pochi Calls Out Idol Corp

x Hades Stamps

tectalharp

Nikki's live so not everyone has postponed their streams, which makes me wonder if any of the ones who did are "other well meaning individuals" Pochi mentioned and probably set their asses on fire
Honestly would make sense to me if they wanted to help work things out not just for Pochi but for themselves I mean if what Pochi is saying is true then when she told management she wanted out once she fulfilled her donothon rewards Aviel basically refused to give her the money from the donothon she needed until she agreed to his terms basically fucking her over financially which probably makes some of them real uncomfortable knowing he's not afraid to do shit like withhold pay until you agree to what he wants

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Honestly would make sense to me if they wanted to help work things out not just for Pochi but for themselves I mean if what Pochi is saying is true then when she told management she wanted out once she fulfilled her donothon rewards Aviel basically refused to give her the money from the donothon she needed until she agreed to his terms basically fucking her over financially which probably makes some of them real uncomfortable knowing he's not afraid to do shit like withhold pay until you agree to what he wants
ESL-chama read this before you post more

tectalharp

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Stunned But Dumb

Maybe he should stop letting donothons happen. Someone had a theory earlier that Holo talents wanted to do donothons but cover disapproved and they allowed commissions as sort of a middle ground. If so, some manager is probably really smug right now.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
How many of these "internal" tweets could be mandated by management to try to make it seem like they are fixing shit internally. Perception is a very powerful tool and this could be a nice way to make it seem like they are doing what's best for all.

Limkin

None of what you just said lines up with her own statements of when things were happening. It's been a year, and her and others still didn't finish everything they promised on first donothon. Judging by this, if she wasn't trying to scam people, and she was willing to fulfill the goals she made on a second one, she would stay with the company until at least 2025. She entered negotiations before 2024, and you don't start talking about your departure a whole ass year before you actually do that. There was absolutely no reason to even mention you were planning to leave, following the timeline she herself provided
This is of course assuming she was planning to finish the goals from the second one in the first place. If she didn't, then it only makes sense Aviel didn't want to give her money because then he would have to refund it to customers out of his own pocket, or take their money and never deliver on it. Both are very very bad options for a company. But she apparently really badly needs money from the second donothon, so she clearly had no plans to give back whatever payment she might've already received by then, and wanted to receive the rest of the money too. But also wanted to quit the company basically immediately. What exactly is it, that she needs such an amount of money right here and now, and also can't take a loan on it from the bank?
As for "Aviel is an evil man for forcing people to work before he pays them" - I don't think you want to give your money to someone, a lot of it, and then just hope they do the job. It only makes sense he was giving it in small portions and you had to show progress before receiving a next payment
TL;DR - :youroshiisawhore:

Bronze

How many of these "internal" tweets could be mandated by management to try to make it seem like they are fixing shit internally. Perception is a very powerful tool and this could be a nice way to make it seem like they are doing what's best for all.
Might be, but why is Poko's statement deleted? I've checked a bit ago and others were still there

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
FUCKING ARCHIVE EVERYTHING YOU RETARDS
SPECIALLY WHEN THE CORPO IS IN FULL DAMAGE CONTROL MODE

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
f38e387f04b3b00cb90f48a79b25615b.jpg
Sarcasm is so 1990s man.

silentcouch

not fuyo and not juna did a stream together last month so them saying similar messages tracks, they are likely not a fan of what head jew is pulling. Poko on the other hand deleting her tweet is strange, but the tweet itself seemed like something she would say in this situation.

I don't think this reads as "mandated management fixing things internally perception" angle at all. Well, maybe the signal of them "fixing things" is there but most fans will read into it as they are fucking things up and stressing out their chuubas. I see it more as them trying to stand in solidarity for the situation. I'm just glad Poko got back from her japan trip before this shitstorm. Would have been awful seeing what's going on when you're away from home.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Might be, but why is Poko's statement deleted? I've checked a bit ago and others were still there
>Sir they're on to you:ironmousekek:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Maybe he should stop letting donothons happen. Someone had a theory earlier that Holo talents wanted to do donothons but cover disapproved and they allowed commissions as sort of a middle ground. If so, some manager is probably really smug right now.

there's also Holo Bass having a certified menhera moment and ruining it for everyone by threatening to take down Ame's donothon for Pop On Rocks

he could have seen massive success because literally everyone loved the songs he made for Ame, so I can only imagine the regret all these years later

EDIT: Charity stream, not Donothon, but the point I was making is the same in that they would not want to open themselves up to similar takedowns

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I wonder how good donothons really are in the long term? It seems to me you would be at least partially just front loading the donos the talent would be getting anyways. If billy pay pig donos 1k to get some perk, he's probably going to cut back on donos afterwards. I guess getting attention and subs is good too and I have seen most girls get good boost when they have a donothon. It does suck to see a talent take emotional damage over not being able to fulfill the reward to their expectations though. With the exception of the most basic rewards, it's dependent on other people they can't control and there's going to be problems and let downs fairly often.

Limkin

I wonder how good donothons really are in the long term?
They were running youtube ads during them, "look at the snippets of how funny this anime woman is, if you want to see more - she is streaming right now and has a donothon, you can watch her right now if you click on this link!" style. They certainly got pushed by an algorithm and got a lot of new viewers from it. So it wasn't just about the donations alone

tectalharp

None of what you just said lines up with her own statements of when things were happening. It's been a year, and her and others still didn't finish everything they promised on first donothon. Judging by this, if she wasn't trying to scam people, and she was willing to fulfill the goals she made on a second one, she would stay with the company until at least 2025. She entered negotiations before 2024, and you don't start talking about your departure a whole ass year before you actually do that. There was absolutely no reason to even mention you were planning to leave, following the timeline she herself provided
This is of course assuming she was planning to finish the goals from the second one in the first place. If she didn't, then it only makes sense Aviel didn't want to give her money because then he would have to refund it to customers out of his own pocket, or take their money and never deliver on it. Both are very very bad options for a company. But she apparently really badly needs money from the second donothon, so she clearly had no plans to give back whatever payment she might've already received by then, and wanted to receive the rest of the money too. But also wanted to quit the company basically immediately. What exactly is it, that she needs such an amount of money right here and now, and also can't take a loan on it from the bank?
As for "Aviel is an evil man for forcing people to work before he pays them" - I don't think you want to give your money to someone, a lot of it, and then just hope they do the job. It only makes sense he was giving it in small portions and you had to show progress before receiving a next payment
TL;DR - :youroshiisawhore:
Honestly the goals for her second donothon aren't that intensive or long term if she mainly focused on finishing rewards over other streams I doubt it would take anywhere near an entire year

She said she's not stupid enough to take the money and flee because it'd be career suicide which is probably true plus she already completed 17 of the 26 goals she clearly had intention to finish them and told Aviel multiple times she wouldn't be leaving until she fulfilled them but I guess that comes down to if you think she's lying or not

Also she was moving to a new country she said so in her statement and was already in the process that's why she couldn't be more lax about it it's literally the whole reason she did the donothon and it wasn't in small portions he didn't give any of it and when someone requested a refund they were told no because most of the rewards were already done and that they should only have donated if they wanted to support the talent

tectalharp

God's Strongest Dragoon

Honestly the goals for her second donothon aren't that intensive or long term if she mainly focused on finishing rewards over other streams I doubt it would take anywhere near an entire year

She said she's not stupid enough to take the money and flee because it'd be career suicide which is probably true plus she already completed 17 of the 26 goals she clearly had intention to finish them and told Aviel multiple times she wouldn't be leaving until she fulfilled them but I guess that comes down to if you think she's lying or not

Also she was moving to a new country she said so in her statement and was already in the process that's why she couldn't be more lax about it it's literally the whole reason she did the donothon and it wasn't in small portions he didn't give any of it and when someone requested a refund they were told no because most of the rewards were already done and that they should only have donated if they wanted to support the talent

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I was expecting more Nijisanji disaster this month, but I will take the IdolCorp Gaiden as compensation. What a shame for the Pochi fans. Especially the one that spent thousands on her. Wonder if Aviel will bite the bullet and refund the money, and then proceed to sue Fenriru right afterward to get his money back.
He did it last time.

Top Bottom