"IF IT'S ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION IT IS MY FAULT"Machina X Flayon

Nijisanji L Collection

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
HoloEN didnt have much pre-vtuber rapport with NijiEN besides Mumei/Selen and Kiara/Pomu didnt they?
None of the humor between NijiEN and HoloEN matched up either, not to mention some of the early male on stream tism, the "all out war" shit probably kneecapped any desire at the bud too

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
None of the humor between NijiEN and HoloEN matched up either, not to mention some of the early male on stream tism, the "all out war" shit probably kneecapped any desire at the bud too
And now NijiEN is in shambles...

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
HoloEN didnt have much pre-vtuber rapport with NijiEN besides Mumei/Selen and Kiara/Pomu didnt they?
Kiara was probably the only girl that really got along with them and that was mainly with Pomu and whoever Pomu brought along. She got on well with Nina, too. Mumei and Zeta got along with Selen, as well, but even then that didn't happen often. Bae showed up on Elira's birthday stream to call in, but beyond that and saying they met offline once for dinner, nothing. Right now, Nerissa is probably the most likely to continue collabing with them. No one else really seems to give a shit.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
And now NijiEN is in shambles...
Dont count them out yet, Steiner's Elira and Vox's BiliBili counterattack will bring the profits back in time for next financial quarter

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
OmegaAlpha

Retard or Hidden Genius?

If the rrat that he was a producer that treated Irys wierd is any bit true then he is a giga retard
Otherwise who knows

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
OmegaAlpha

Retard or Hidden Genius?

At this point, I very much believe it was the Niji side blocking collabs, given how retarded management has proven to be.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
At this point, I very much believe it was the Niji side blocking collabs, given how retarded management has proven to be.
Didnt Kiara blab out alot that Pomu collabs were never in Holo's hands?

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
If the rrat that he was a producer that treated Irys wierd is any bit true then he is a giga retard
Otherwise who knows
>baseless rrat
>true

Lol. Reminder: we never knew the extent of what OmegaGay's job at holo really was. They had some production credits on a couple things, but that was about it.

Didnt Kiara blab out alot that Pomu collabs were never in Holo's hands?
I don't remember. I thought it was always unknown which side was stopping it. @TinyKusa may know better.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Otherwise who knows
Irya just clearly doesnt like the songs Omega produced
Early Niji EN managment felt weird but i never tought back then it would evolve into the current one

Kalion

:)
This thread talked about non-compete agreements a lot in the past, so I figured I'd drop this here:
Of course, only for USA but still relevant.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
This thread talked about non-compete agreements a lot in the past, so I figured I'd drop this here:
Noncompetes are completely against the spirit of capitalism by attempting to quell possible competition. About time this was done, though I am sure big corpos will try and sue to stop it.

Xuhle

Noncompetes are completely against the spirit of capitalism by attempting to quell possible competition. About time this was done, though I am sure big corpos will try and sue to stop it.
Why sue when they can just buy Congress.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Im not in law, so forgive me if this comes off as ignorant, but as a replacement, would companies start asking for monetary repayment for provided training? I can imagine Vtuber Corps changing their contract so they can recoup the modal or training costs. Whether that's actually feasible or not is one thing, but I imagine they will try if it's legal.

Xuhle

Im not in law, so forgive me if this comes off as ignorant, but as a replacement, would companies start asking for monetary repayment for provided training? I can imagine Vtuber Corps changing their contract so they can recoup the modal or training costs. Whether that's actually feasible or not is one thing, but I imagine they will try if it's legal.
You mean like something with VnU?

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Yeah, but obviously not in the way to make the talents pay for the whole company's fees.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
There's a difference between trying to recoup a decent estimation of costs vs. just typing a number then adding zeroes on the end until your keyboard breaks.

Short-term, reasonable non-competes are a necessary evil since the last thing a corpo wants is to invest a bunch of resources into promoting a talent for them to bounce after a few months taking their newfound training and audience with them, since that prevents the corpo from getting a return on their investment. It's not a perfect system by any means - I don't like that a potentially crooked corpo has the means to control a talent's career post-graduation, and I think relieving them of the non-compete clause would be a show of good faith - but the arrangement exists for a reason.

It's very easy to empathise solely with the talents in these arrangements since we've seen so many being mistreated by corrupt corpos recently, but at the same time I feel honest, reputable corpos should have the means to protect their rights too.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I don't remember. I thought it was always unknown which side was stopping it. @TinyKusa may know better.
Everyone assumed it was Hololive holding it up in the past considering they had more "to lose" as the largest and exposing their audience to a direct competitor. But it did come out eventually (through some vague wording from Kiara and others) that it ended up being Niji management being the roadblock this whole time.

Everyone assumed it was due to some kind of malice. In retrospect it might have just been Niji's management was completely fucking worthless.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
There's a difference between trying to recoup a decent estimation of costs vs. just typing a number then adding zeroes on the end until your keyboard breaks.

Short-term, reasonable non-competes are a necessary evil since the last thing a corpo wants is to invest a bunch of resources into promoting a talent for them to bounce after a few months taking their newfound training and audience with them, since that prevents the corpo from getting a return on their investment. It's not a perfect system by any means - I don't like that a potentially crooked corpo has the means to control a talent's career post-graduation, and I think relieving them of the non-compete clause would be a show of good faith - but the arrangement exists for a reason.

It's very easy to empathise solely with the talents in these arrangements since we've seen so many being mistreated by corrupt corpos recently, but at the same time I feel honest, reputable corpos should have the means to protect their rights too.

Non-competes never hold up in court anyway. Attempts to recoup training costs and whatnot doesn't hold up either, unless subjects and amount of training were extensively described in the contract (with costs!). If it's worded abstractly like in niji one or not at all - frivolous lawsuit, fuck off. Basically, in worst case, walking out on such deals is only paywalled by lawyer costs.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

walking out on such deals is only paywalled by lawyer costs
That was largely the entire point of non-completes even before this change. Tech companies were known for doing this shit because even if you knew they couldn't really enforce it, they could tie you up in legal fees to financially strangle you while it's chump change for them.

Top Bottom