"You can't save vtubers. You will never save vtubers. They are all too far gone the moment they opened vtubestudio. In fact, once you try to save one, it'll be too late to save yourself"Amaris Yuri

Nijisanji L Collection

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Dtto can still collab with Nijis (Reimu in this case)despite also collabing with Dokibird

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I think I figured out why Niji keeps all the play buttons: they're the only physical assets the company has to use as collateral. Everything else is IP that doesn't actually have a value outside of the context it's currently being used in (due to audience rejection of soul transplants), so creditors would look for something physical they could go after, and this is the best Riku could come up with, unless the yacht is technically owned by the company.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I think I figured out why Niji keeps all the play buttons: they're the only physical assets the company has to use as collateral. Everything else is IP that doesn't actually have a value outside of the context it's currently being used in (due to audience rejection of soul transplants), so creditors would look for something physical they could go after, and this is the best Riku could come up with, unless the yacht is technically owned by the company.
i doubt a playbutton would have actual value as a physical asset for use as collateral, they are not actually worth that much for the raw materials probably and if they as a company sink to the point of selling playbuttons i doubt the value of a vox akuma playbutton would be that high

That's the joke.

Pls be patient, im retarded

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
i doubt a playbutton would have actual value as a physical asset for use as collateral, they are not actually worth that much for the raw materials probably and if they as a company sink to the point of selling playbuttons i doubt the value of a vox akuma playbutton would be that high
That's the joke.

Apocrita

I think part of the reason Niji keeps the play buttons is to stop them from having any physical proof that they played the character. From what we know of Niji they might not be willing to confirm that a vtuber worked for them, keeping the play button helps remove a way for a vtuber to corroborate that they played the character. It doesn't really matter for going indie or to another vtuber agency but it could be an issue for places not directly a part of the industry. Could be an overly pessimistic thought though.

Horo7618

No one in particular
A talent who has their own play button is a talent with ideas above their station. Simple.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think part of the reason Niji keeps the play buttons is to stop them from having any physical proof that they played the character. From what we know of Niji they might not be willing to confirm that a vtuber worked for them, keeping the play button helps remove a way for a vtuber to corroborate that they played the character. It doesn't really matter for going indie or to another vtuber agency but it could be an issue for places not directly a part of the industry. Could be an overly pessimistic thought though.
Occam's razor: The company keeps the buttons because they're a nip company and their belief is that the vtubers are fully subservient and thus do not deserve them as much as the company.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
They kind of still have copies of their contracts, Anycolor payments show up in their bank records...

It's really just Anycolor being control freaks for no reason at all.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Sounds absurd. As such, I could kind of believe it. There's virtually no reason to not give them up otherwise as far as I can figure, especially if the talent offered to pay for their copy. It's either a weird paranoia or a weird power play probably. This is also part of why I think Claude's comment is dumb because you could just.. have one of two copies sitting there at the office lined up with the others. Makes me believe moreso that it's some weird company mandate or whatever.

Occam's razor: The company keeps the buttons because they're a nip company and their belief is that the vtubers are fully subservient and thus do not deserve them as much as the company.
Simple things that make me appreciate that Cover gives them theirs more. Though that does make me wonder if other groups like VSPO or anything all throw these things in storage or not. I know virtually nothing of any other group in Japan so I've no clue what they do.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Considering all of the other black company stuff they've apparently been doing, keeping the play buttons seems like a minor thing, really just adding insult to injury.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I could buy it being some sort of fucked nipponese corpo morale or individuality thing
"You're not one without the corpo"
And/or "You're only a piece in our collective whole"

fipet11842

The reason for the play button is probably much more mundane.

In order to get the talents the play button you would need to have someone setup a process for dealing with those requests. Generally a manager would start this process and coordinate with other internal teams such as accounting and logistics to deal with the financial and shipping side of the request. This would be documented internally and the talents could start the request process. But NijiEN doesn't have enough staff that know how to setup these types of processes from scratch, so instead the talents are probably just told 'no'.

Cover is more mature (not necessarily in age, but in in a professional sense) and has staff that create these processes from scratch after getting an initial request and evaluating whether it's worthwhile to dedicate the time to creating the process.

You can apply this generically to almost all the problems with growing corpos. They slowly figure out what processes they need to setup to proactively or reactively respond to requests or problems. These things take time, effort, and staff though so it can take a while to setup those processes depending on how complex they are, if you have unmotivated/incompetent staff, or lack the amount of staff necessary.

A good example is NijiEN's recent (lack of) PR. They obviously had no process setup and just winged it. The JP side obviously had some type of process/evaluation setup which lead to Riku's apology video which was much better. But it didn't matter because of the contrast in message delivered by the JP vs EN side.

TL;DR NijiEN management is retarded and understaffed

bothyourhouses

Considering all of the other black company stuff they've apparently been doing, keeping the play buttons seems like a minor thing, really just adding insult to injury.
That's what makes it so funny. It's like taking away the break room coffee machine or something: just gratuitously cruel because they can.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Gentlemen, I present to you: Playbutton Cuck! (Courtesy of /vt/)

Edit: if any of you fine autist could share this to twitter and tag this cucked twink I would be grateful.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Gentlemen, I present to you: Playbutton Cuck! (Courtesy of /vt/)

Edit: if any of you fine autist could share this to twitter and tag this cucked twink I would be grateful.
That would count as touching shit so I don't recommend it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
It'll find its way there eventually, as do all memes of the internet that originate from 4chan.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
That would count as touching shit so I don't recommend it.
It'll find its way there eventually, as do all memes of the internet that originate from 4chan.
This.

There's no need to even tag Button Cuck.

Just roll it out in the tweets/twats of the NDF; Nijjersisters will do the rest.

Top Bottom