"I got pranked by Sora-chan! What should I do? I got startled, Sora-chan you idiot!"AZKi

Nijisanji L Collection

God's Strongest Dragoon

And for as great a job as Cover has done with the EXPO, there's still hiccups. Apparently the food situation went tits up yesterday; to the point were they didn't take any food or drink orders on-site today:

Cover is still experiencing growing pains themselves.

They didn't expect so many Americans to show up. I saw someone post the portion sizes and a full-blooded American can pound 4 of those no problem.
Anyways, on actual Niji L news, apparently Petra only recieved 629 USD for her 3d debut, she had an obscene amount of YEN donos, almost 157 compared to only 23 in USD
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nijisanji/comments/1bg14ju/petras_3d_debut_sc_breakdown_wonder_where_the_en/ https://archive.ph/wip/30rCG 1710643792533.png
That's not surprising, they set her up for JST timezone and someone was telling me that she spent most of her 3D debut translating to Japanese with a chat that was basically all Japanese.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
We'll see when it's out. Small-ish platform to replace youtube memberships could work, but they'll have to schedule streams to not blow the server budget while maintaining service quality.

"working on" and "out, suceessful and sustainable" are completely different things. There are soooo too many flops lately that i'm skeptical by default about anything. And waaaay too many things that were worked on were never published. i.e. for every aired tv show there is a dozen pilots filmed and a hundred rejected synopse/scripts. Until it's out, it might as well not exist.
You are not making any sense comparing 8 Years of Vtubing VS the industry of TV Shows that have been existing for decades

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
They didn't expect so many Americans to show up. I saw someone post the portion sizes and a full-blooded American can pound 4 of those no problem.

That's not surprising, they set her up for JST timezone and someone was telling me that she spent most of her 3D debut translating to Japanese with a chat that was basically all Japanese.
OP for completeness sake posted the previous few debuts
Finana https://hololyzer.net/2j3j/archive/superchat/_Bvpss_Xx9M.html
Elira https://hololyzer.net/2j3j/archive/superchat/Bdln23Ph6A8.html
Pomu https://hololyzer.net/2j3j/archive/superchat/rpuEQozRzJ4.html

seems like Finana still earned less than Petra total, but Finana still recieved a higher % of USD compared to YEN donations
Pandering to JPs must be a boon to the few that know enough to do it, might be the more sustainable thing long-term if EN crumbles

Xuhle

Niji didn't set her for JP time, probably at least, she lives in Japan for her studies so she might have done that herself. Which honestly might not be surprising for her to have a higher count in yen as she does speak a lot of Japanese in her streams and is fairly early in the mornings, when I was subbed to her.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Niji didn't set her for JP time, probably at least, she lives in Japan for her studies so she might have done that herself.
I can't imagine she chose the same timeslot as 5thfes for herself.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Yeah, they're still on the "working on" stage because Vtubing is an industry that has been barely out for half a decade now and still experiencing growing pains, and the unusual circumstances of growth like a global pandemic.
You're talking about the scene as if its something grand that would want to jump into all the projects you want to willy nilly instead of them sticking to what works (i.e idol and entertainment related endeavors)
Do i really come off this way? To clarify, i don't expect anyone to jump into all these projects. It would be welcome surprise if they jump into some new big venture and succeed there, but i'm not expecting that. I only expect more of usual problems of every new industry: growing pains, failed projects and obligatory scammers.

Xuhle

I can't imagine she chose the same timeslot as 5thfes for herself.
Lining up with holofes, yeah that was probably niji. I was meaning in general she sets her times mostly for JP times.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
You are not making any sense comparing 8 Years of Vtubing VS the industry of TV Shows that have been existing for decades
Same guy who tried to compare vtubing to VA shit, I may be wrong but touristcuck may only have joined this hobby because of the Niji implosion...

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Same guy who tried to compare vtubing to VA shit, I may be wrong but touristcuck may only have joined this hobby because of the Niji implosion...
Nope, i'm about 2.5 years in, Selen's implosion prompted me to finally make account here though.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Nope, i'm about 2.5 years in, Selen's implosion prompted me to finally make account here though.
Imagine being in a hobby for 2.5 years and knowing as little as this guy.

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
After looking through the Niji numbers on that Hololyzer site, that 40% drop in revenue seems like a generous estimate for the current NijiEN income and viewership. A lot of the Nijis who have started streaming again after the Selen stuff have taken a pretty big hit. If you're just counting up Supas, some of them are making less than US federal minimum wage. Wilson and Maria made like 500 bucks for the entirety of march so far, for example (fed minimum is 7.25 an hour so a burger flipper working full time for bare minimum in US would have made 600 by now). Some of the boys are holding steady income wise, like Alban and Luca, but revenue is wayyy down when you compare it to past numbers overall. And I don't see how the girls come back from this, all of their biggest earners are graduated or on a clique related haitus. Niji may just fold EN into the main branch and focus on the fujo market at this rate.

EDIT: So many of them are dropping back to 3-views now as well. Phase is unironically beginning to outperform 90% of NijiEN.

EDIT AGAIN: I actually went through the numbers in detail and it's mostly the girls that are suffering after the Selen termination. I M DUM

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

After looking through the Niji numbers on that Hololyzer site, that 40% drop in revenue seems like a generous estimate for the current NijiEN income and viewership. A lot of the Nijis who have started streaming again after the Selen stuff have taken a pretty big hit. If you're just counting up Supas, some of them are making less than US federal minimum wage. Wilson and Maria made like 500 bucks for the entirety of march so far, for example (fed minimum is 7.25 an hour so a burger flipper working full time for bare minimum in US would have made 600 by now). Some of the boys are holding steady income wise, like Alban and Luca, but revenue is wayyy down when you compare it to past numbers overall. And I don't see how the girls come back from this, all of their biggest earners are graduated or on a clique related haitus. Niji may just fold EN into the main branch and focus on the fujo market at this rate.
They're definitely feeling the pain but a lot of vtubers rely on VOD views and memberships as normal salary, superchats is just a bonus for a lot of streamers. After Holofes, I might do an analysis of their VOD view counts and see if /#/ put out a chart analyzing supposed member counts.

Punished Lurker

EDIT: So many of them are dropping back to 3-views now as well. Phase is unironically beginning to outperform 90% of NijiEN.
Well I'm not sure about revenue, but from the few girls I watch I think CCV has gone down too, not by a lot but enough to be noticeable

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Well I'm not sure about revenue, but from the few girls I watch I think CCV has gone down too, not by a lot but enough to be noticeable
Nah fam, they aight. Like Millie said, Niji's NOT a black company while she's sucking Riku's nuts. It's negligible.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
It would be hilarious if the only non-retarded legal counsel was a random spic they pay minimum wage
And then he illegally crosses the 2434-Cover border.

Petra's 3D superchat sum total is about $3,666.02 based on a rate of 1 USD:149.051 Yen. So after all the revenue splits and taxes.. she maybe has a negligible amount remaining around $1,000(.02)?

:rikutazumi:

Last edited:

Not-Username

The contrast

NafsuBuas735

And for as great a job as Cover has done with the EXPO, there's still hiccups. Apparently the food situation went tits up yesterday; to the point were they didn't take any food or drink orders on-site today:

Cover is still experiencing growing pains themselves.

A guy who shared their frustrations regarding the food situation on day 1,
(https://www.reddit.com/r/Hololive/comments/1bgnw80/cover_fixed_the_food_court_served_in_916_minutes)
updated that the day 2 was much smoother after they did away with on-site order

Quite amazing how fast they responded to fix the situation

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
JP translator and clipper updated this in their YT community page.
1710711370297.png

1710711461760.png

Top Bottom