"Geese are birds but I don't think ducks are, ducks are duck"Mysta Rias

Nijisanji L Collection

Bronze

I would guess Vshojo has at least a few lawyers willing to look at Nina's and Mysta's contracts before deciding on anything.

And they probably came to the same conclusion I did: this shit is not enforceable outside of JP. Maybe not even in JP. Non-competes are specifically banned in most states unless there is a compelling reason to do so, IIRC. And I think it's just straight banned in Canada.
It would make sense for it to only be enforcable in JP. Everything outside of JP will be unenforcable, not to mention most courts would throw out noncompete.
Yeah it simply may be a scare tactic and it would work on talents. As been said here, Nijisanji in Japan has far more goodwill and influence on the industry so even if its legal to join before 6 months, I'm sure they can use it to make others blacklist talents who try that

Xuhle

I would guess Vshojo had at least a few lawyers willing to look at Nina's and Mysta's contracts before deciding on anything.

And they probably came to the same conclusion I did: this shit is not enforceable outside of JP. Maybe not even in JP. Non-competes are specifically banned in most states unless there is a compelling reason to do so, IIRC. And I think it's just straight banned in Canada.
Well just looking into non-compete as we all talk about it but clearly know very little to nothing.
Seems like Canada enforces Non-compete with in reason.
States wise it varies, go figure, California automatically voids all noncompetes, and Oklahoma and North Dakota just ban them.

Edit: God damn the US government is stupid, the US chamber of commeiers threated to sue the FTC if they passed a bill to ban all non-compete because it would "noncompete agreements are an important tool in fostering innovation and preserving competition." Burn all this asinine bureaucracy. TLDR the US government was threating to sue another branch of the government.

Last edited:

okmangeez

Well just looking into non-compete as we all talk about it but clearly know very little to nothing.
States wise it varies, go figure, California automatically voids all noncompetes, and Oklahoma and North Dakota just ban them.

Edit: God damn the US government is stupid, the US chamber of commeiers threated to sue the FTC if they passed a bill to ban all non-compete because it would "noncompete agreements are an important tool in fostering innovation and preserving competition." Burn all this asinine bureaucracy. TLDR the US government was threating to sue another branch of the government.

AYEEE. The US? Shooting itself in the foot?

It's alright, we'll do the right thing after doing all the wrong things, as was foretold.

Xuhle

Which seems the more likely outcome at this point, the US government get restructed to remove a bunch of the alphabet soup of agency, or Nijisanji actually become a good company.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Noncompetes are anti-jewish measures. Some of the few left in the law.

Horo7618

No one in particular
TLDR the US government was threating to sue another branch of the government.
The US Chamber of Commerce isn't a part of the government it's a business lobbying organization....

Xuhle

Xuhle

The US Chamber of Commerce isn't a part of the government it's a business lobbying organization....
*goes to look it up.* So like the federal reserve got it a "Not" government agency.

niggaphil

Remember I mentioned that there was a Shu and Luca fan meeting in the coming weeks. There is a Q&A about the merch selling in the Organiser tweets which is very interesing, I think it could belong to the Niji L collection:

Screenshot 2024-03-08 134622.png

The Question is: Are there any online merch sales for the people who attending the meeting online only?
Organiser answer: There won't be only merch sales for the online fans. The reason is it is banned by Kurosanji's latest policy. Kurosanji only allow people to buy merch on the meeting or event only.

Meanwhile, Taiwan's Hololive event merch could be buy on the shop or online without any issue at all...

Taiwan Nijisisters, I am not feeling well.... :dokiSmug:

Archive

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
*goes to look it up.* So like the federal reserve got it a "Not" government agency.
There are many such things in law and government, designed to trick the retarded populous. The (((federal))) reserve is a private bank.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
There are many such things in law and government, designed to trick the retarded populous. The (((federal))) reserve is a private bank.
Hah. I've got better one. Current russian Central Bank, regualtory entity, originally registered in fucking California.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

Bronze

Xuhle

So I believe Ive heard that the next shareholder meeting is on the match 15th aka next Friday. Probably safe to assume probably not going to hear anything bad till after that and also why they are releasing at least the waiting room for the 3d for rosemi and Petra.

Edit: stupid and funny rrat, and also probably the most likely lawsuit that could happen. During the shareholders meet, the shareholders announce they are going to do a stakeholder lawsuit due to literally everything that has been coming out from within nijisanji. This will most likely be settled but still funny as shit that they turn the lolsuit around on nijisanji.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
So I believe Ive heard that the next shareholder meeting is on the match 15th aka next Friday. Probably safe to assume probably not going to hear anything bad till after that and also why they are releasing at least the waiting room for the 3d for rosemi and Petra.
If shareholders followed vtubing news... if only they knew what new outfit/3d could mean...

I suspect they show new shit on graduation just to secure copyright claims.

Xuhle

If shareholders followed vtubing news... if only they knew what new outfit/3d could mean...

I suspect they show new shit on graduation just to secure copyright claims.
Even if they don't know they are going to show it to them there as well. It was probably intended to actually be announced there first but Petra fucked up made the waiting room public by presumed accident.

This is why people at least take notice of shareholder meeting for various other companies as they might announce something there first.

Xuhle

Probably should link the Google doc that someone made on the entire nijisanji contract template.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

Probably should link the Google doc that someone made on the entire nijisanji contract template.
The above Google Doc also includes timestamps to where each article is discussed in the Legal Mindset stream, so it's easier to follow than the plain text version I posted before.
PDF version of above Google Doc: https://files.catbox.moe/zdk5tz.pdf

Xuhle

Just going over reaction from the contract release as well as hearing some of anonymous jp lawyers telling LM thing.

First thing first even they are saying this is closer to an idol contract and an employee contract.
Starts 30mins in for later vod watchers.

He's going to look at it later in the stream but here's the law firm in Japan that specializes in things like vtubers.
https://monolith.law/en/

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Just going over reaction from the contract release as well as hearing some of anonymous jp lawyers telling LM thing.

First thing first even they are saying this is closer to an idol contract and an employee contract.
Starts 30mins in for later vod watchers.

He's going to look at it later in the stream but here's the law firm in Japan that specializes in things like vtubers.
https://monolith.law/en/

Just shy of 8k CCV, damn

edit: 8k broken

Last edited:
Top Bottom