"Glasses are really versatile. First, you can have glasses-wearing girls take them off and suddenly become beautiful, or have girls wearing glasses flashing those cute grins, or have girls stealing the protagonist's glasses and putting them on like, "Haha, got your glasses!" That's just way too cute! Also, boys with glasses! I really like when their glasses have that suspicious looking gleam, and it's amazing how it can look really cool or just be a joke. I really like how it can fulfill all those abstract needs. Being able to switch up the styles and colors of glasses based on your mood is a lot of fun too! It's actually so much fun! You have those half rim glasses, or the thick frame glasses, everything! It's like you're enjoying all these kinds of glasses at a buffet. I really want Luna to try some on or Marine to try some on to replace her eyepatch. We really need glasses to become a thing in hololive and start selling them for HoloComi. Don't. You. Think. We. Really. Need. To. Officially. Give. Everyone. Glasses?"Shirakami Fubuki

Nijisanji L Collection

Purrson

tentrillionhoursinphotoshopmobile.png

Faceless Waifu

prompt: sister cleaire, event horizon, no eyes
Early Adopter
For a bit of context, this was the Nijisanji ID booth that was present in a indonesian convention called "Creator Super Fest" back in 2019. I was curious if there's any snapshot of the booth (since I went to that event and saw the booth but back then I wasn't into vtubing so this feels like "what the fuck is this 2D shit") and remembering that they used this convention to debut the 2nd wave of ID talents.

Screenshot 2024-10-03 074521.jpg
how did it get so wrong?

Smelliest007

Militante

Muumi came from Niji? Elaborate please

Read it from here, veracity I haven't checked myself but it would be incredibly funny, therefore I choose to beleeb it

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Read it from here, veracity I haven't checked myself but it would be incredibly funny, therefore I choose to beleeb it
I recall from a Pippa stream that Sakana did poach someone from Nij, but she never said who.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
He'd be an excellent forum user if he actually rolled with the punches and admitted he was a drama-fag, he would be like Scuttle, but homosexual
:mitothink:

Hey.

Hey, Riku.

Yes, you, Riku Tazumi!

You know this upstart EN corpo? Phase Connect? Nipping at your heels?

Yeah!

Look, Phase Connect's CEO is exactly as retarded as you are, and he almost burned his vtuber agency to the ground, exactly like you're doing right now, too!

But he fixed that!

How?

He hired a new manager, Muumi, who basically took over running the corp while he serves as a mascot for the talents to abuse.

COFFEE!

You, too, must released talent themed coffee merch and turn China into a nation of coffee drinkers!

Or fire Harry and poach Muumi.
Manfish is actually a likeable mascot though.

:fishmandispair:

Plus he bullies Jelly and Uruka. An autistic man living the dream of RPing as a Starcraft turret, in a warehouse, telling a monkey in a mudhut and an actual lesbian girlfailure to kill themselves. We should all be so lucky.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

I haven't seen Phase's 2023, so can't accurately compare their growth in 23 vs 24 to see if it's slowing down, so, fair enough, perhaps they will pull another 100% out, in which case they'd overtake Niji even if they "only" stagnated.
The 100% growth in 2024 is because 2023 saw the 3 new invaders in May but only had Gen 3 for 2 weeks because they debuted in mid December. Meanwhile 2024 had those 3 invaders and Gen 3 for a full year while also seeing them grow. In late January 2024, the JP gen debuted, which also had Clara bringing in EN numbers because she's more EN than JP (sorry Clara, you will never be Japanese).

2024 also had a lot of events that covered multiple streams like Phase Wars 2, Summer Camp, 10ma fever, and Rie's Idol Showdown tournament. That's not to say that Phase hasn't inclined a lot but they're inclining while having effective debut that stick the landing and having a lot of events to draw viewership. I'm blanking on remembering events from 2023 but the only one I can remember is the Mahjong tournament but they had one in 2024 as well.

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Username Generator

Early Adopter
Get what they deserve.

Probably Ennaschizo taking some things out of context, but I can't subject myself to Enna for more than a second to really check.
I do find some of it funny.

I listened to the stream again and the quote itself is accurate. Ennaschizo only cut one comment she read in between, but it doesn't change anything about the context.

But what brought all this on? She just had her first ever 3D live performance (not pre-recorded) in front of a real audience in Niji. As I posted in the regular thread, she was the opening act for one of Nornis concerts and sang 2 songs in front of 1500 real people. We all know how excited the holos get when holofes or a sololive happens, so I can understand why this all send her over the moon. Nornis also could have picked anyone from Niji, but they picked her. To give a bit more of a perspective on this: The other 2 opening acts debuted in 2018 and 2019, while the 2 members of Nornis also debuted in 2018 and 2019. Meanwhile Enna debuted in 2021 and is from EN, while everyone else is from JP. All of these 4 are real senpai to her. And despite all of this they picked her and from the stories she told, the 2 of Nornis member really seemed to enjoy her being here. One of them, Machita Chima, even send her a superchat in that very same stream (02:49:16) who Enna also mentions is her "oshi in singing" (02:50:30). After that, at 02:52:44 she received a surprise from her fans for the 3rd year anniversary of ethyria. Ennaschizos quote starts at 02:54:08.

TL;DR: Enna got acknowleged by JP senpais who are in the company for 2-3 more years then her and they invited her to do an actual live performance on a paid concert. On top of that, one of them is is her oshi in singing.

Now, she is definitely coping here though. While she got this oppertounity in Niji, Niji is also slowly destroying her. Most of her health issues are likely caused by stress and it has gotten to the point that she fainted on the evening before she had to start travelling for a friends wedding and the Nornis concert. She went to the doctors before that and they gave her a heavy medicine to bridge the next months, but long term she might require a small surgery (she didn't specify which one though). The topic with the stress is also not new, I don't remember when she mentioned it the first time but I am pretty sure that it has been over a year ago, meaning it started long before the Selen termination. She talked about the fainting in the same stream, starting around 00:52:57.
I can only speculate on the causes for the stress, but given how Niji also crushed the self esteem of someone as talented, uncontroversial and beloved as Pomu, I would not be surprised if they do this to everyone, including the supposed clique.

Wonder what this "full story" is. There's no reason to defend Niji like this when nearly everything she said could have been solely focused on herself and her community without bringing up the company at all.
This is actually not the first time that I have heared someone mentioning the "full story". The first time was in this unarchived members only stream from aia in march. Aia was extremely vulnearable during this stream and came close to crying multiple times. I don't want to go into to much detail about this stream since she was using this a sort of safe space to vent (which is pretty dumb since anyone could be listening, but I don't want to cause problems for her so I will keep it short). If you happen to have access to the archive, around 01:39:40 she says the following:
"There is a lot I wish I could say. There is so much. There is pages upon pages upon pages I want to say... but I cant. (pause) Things that would change the context of everything, but I cant."

I really hope that one day we find out what actually went down in Niji during these months, because the more stuff I hear about it, the less sense it makes. There are still some key puzzle piece(s) missing.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Well, sunny/kunai is the next on the chopping list.

For context the vtuber sunny follows made a joke about niji. Thats enough for them to blacklist her i guess.

are they actually seething because a british femboy made a harmless meme

lol

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Top Bottom