"It depends on how I'm being shipped; like you know if I'm in a padded envelope, that's not good; You gotta put me in a box with lots of padding and some breathing holes too you know."Pomu Rainpuff

Nijisanji L Collection

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
It would certain raise two questions -
1) What are Canadian hostile workplace laws like?
2) Do they apply to contractors in the sense they are contractors?
Also what does the choice of law clause in the contract say (99.9% chance it chooses Japan as CoL and venue)?

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
There is the possibility that Niggasanji commits the ultimate "fuck you" by not graduating or terminating her while keeping her on suspension for the rest of the duration of her contract.
Anycoror(black): Alright so this girl Selen right? So we sort of treated her like shit, made it difficult for her to do some tournament stuff, fan stuff, cross branch stuff, even giveaways, etc. Y'know those sorts of thing. We also fucked with her release of a cover song that was potentially supposed to be a kind of farewell to someone and also referenced a few others who left. Which possibly drove her to attempt "unhappy" (We hope it was just a stress collapse though!) by doing all this to her as she was sinking money in these efforts to stay cheery while dealing with the rest of her shitfuck life including the issue of overbearing shitty parents leeching off her.

Random jackass manager or something: So what's the problem?

Anycuhrur(nehgah): How do we get rid of her? We'll look bad if we do the usual because graduation looks bad with the other people that recently graduated. Worse than we already do. Termination is a hard sell because apparently the laundry list of Zaion was actually too much! And Selen also possibly implied some of the stuff we did to her was OUR fault with the disappointed tweet she made after the cover was taken down. She must pay for this dishonor. She's not even in the JP branch the uppity bitch!

Random jackass: Hm.. Hey you remember that thing Cover did with those two Stars guys but never really got an explanation??

Ehneecuhrerr(ñegro): ...Genius!

That would go over SO well. I almost wish they did something that retarded just for the sheer amount of "What the actual fuck?" it would generate. But goddamn would I feel bad for Selen. Hopefully she can just get the normal way out, even if it has to be after they milk her merch first as an extra slap in the face. Whatever gets her out of the whole trashfire without any extra problems.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Anycoror(black): Alright so this girl Selen right? So we sort of treated her like shit, made it difficult for her to do some tournament stuff, fan stuff, cross branch stuff, even giveaways, etc. Y'know those sorts of thing. We also fucked with her release of a cover song that was potentially supposed to be a kind of farewell to someone and also referenced a few others who left. Which possibly drove her to attempt "unhappy" (We hope it was just a stress collapse though!) by doing all this to her as she was sinking money in these efforts to stay cheery while dealing with the rest of her shitfuck life including the issue of overbearing shitty parents leeching off her.

Random jackass manager or something: So what's the problem?

Anycuhrur(nehgah): How do we get rid of her? We'll look bad if we do the usual because graduation looks bad with the other people that recently graduated. Worse than we already do. Termination is a hard sell because apparently the laundry list of Zaion was actually too much! And Selen also possibly implied some of the stuff we did to her was OUR fault with the disappointed tweet she made after the cover was taken down. She must pay for this dishonor. She's not even in the JP branch the uppity bitch!

Random jackass: Hm.. Hey you remember that thing Cover did with those two Stars guys but never really got an explanation??

Ehneecuhrerr(ñegro): ...Genius!

That would go over SO well. I almost wish they did something that retarded just for the sheer amount of "What the actual fuck?" it would generate. But goddamn would I feel bad for Selen. Hopefully she can just get the normal way out, even if it has to be after they milk her merch first as an extra slap in the face. Whatever gets her out of the whole trashfire without any extra problems.
You mentioning the Magni/Vesper shitshow made me realize there is a very high chance that they'll just keep her suspended all the way up to Valentine's Day, sell her voicepack if it has already been recorded, and then terminate her contract.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
You mentioning the Magni/Vesper shitshow made me realize there is a very high chance that they'll just keep her suspended all the way up to Valentine's Day, sell her voicepack if it has already been recorded, and then terminate her contract.
If she's not outright terminated/graduated before end of month, that's what my money is being bet on.

Latte'Ninba

Early Adopter
Yeah it would be pretty fucked but I can't put it past them with all their other goofy ass decisions. Unfortunately dragging her along until they get their cut of her last merch drop seems pretty fitting as a last dick move. It wouldn't shock me if the numbers are huge either because I bet anyone keeping tabs on her situation but not everything else will just see it as "Support the talent while you can!" hoping it helps her out.

Frankly I think she's out the door already but Anycolor has latched onto her shirt for that last bit of cash from stuff they have ready to sell. Then they'll probably kick her in the ass on the way out.
Hell iirc didn't Cover actually have a short issue where the guys leaving basically fucked up a group song and some merch stuff? Sort of makes me feel it's even more likely if I do remember that right.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yeah it would be pretty fucked but I can't put it past them with all their other goofy ass decisions. Unfortunately dragging her along until they get their cut of her last merch drop seems pretty fitting as a last dick move. It wouldn't shock me if the numbers are huge either because I bet anyone keeping tabs on her situation but not everything else will just see it as "Support the talent while you can!" hoping it helps her out.

Frankly I think she's out the door already but Anycolor has latched onto her shirt for that last bit of cash from stuff they have ready to sell. Then they'll probably kick her in the ass on the way out.
Hell iirc didn't Cover actually have a short issue where the guys leaving basically fucked up a group song and some merch stuff? Sort of makes me feel it's even more likely if I do remember that right.
The Magni/Vesper situation completely fucked up the Tempus HQ anniversary and they ended up delaying it so they could roll it together with the Tempus DLC fighter pack anniversary as one event. Having 2 dudes celebrate an anniversary when the other 2 dudes are absent is super fucking weird. All the circumstances surrounding the Magni/Vesper situation leads me to believe it was a contract issue and they likely had their contract lapse as the cause of their disappearance for like 1.5 months.

Latte'Ninba

Early Adopter
The Magni/Vesper situation completely fucked up the Tempus HQ anniversary and they ended up delaying it so they could roll it together with the Tempus DLC fighter pack anniversary as one event. Having 2 dudes celebrate an anniversary when the other 2 dudes are absent is super fucking weird. All the circumstances surrounding the Magni/Vesper situation leads me to believe it was a contract issue and they likely had their contract lapse as the cause of their disappearance for like 1.5 months.
Yeah sounds like the shitfest I remember. Actually a bit bigger than I recalled since I sort of forgot how hard they had to mesh the two groups together. Despite remembering Vanguard was in the eventual anniversary release I completely failed to mentally recognize them as totally separate offhand lol. Slipped my mind I guess.

I always figured that negotiations just fell through as opposed to anyone on either side letting bad feelings get in the way. Although I imagine the corpo life style probably didn't have the same calling after their first year for MagVes either dealing with perms and all that.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yeah sounds like the shitfest I remember. Actually a bit bigger than I recalled since I sort of forgot how hard they had to mesh the two groups together. Despite remembering Vanguard was in the eventual anniversary release I completely failed to mentally recognize them as totally separate offhand lol. Slipped my mind I guess.

I always figured that negotiations just fell through as opposed to anyone on either side letting bad feelings get in the way. Although I imagine the corpo life style probably didn't have the same calling after their first year for MagVes either dealing with perms and all that.
Yeah, it's weird because there was suppose to be like 2 different teams as part of a single group (HQ and Vanguard of Tempus) but now it seems like it's just 1 group of Tempus. I guess it makes sense because 3 months after Mag/Ves graduated, they debuted ARMIS. Having Vanguard and ARMIS both have 4 people while HQ is just "Altare and Axel" would feel weird if they didn't merge them with Vanguard. Kind of like the whole "shit, why did we leave Irys as her own group? Well, she's part of a group with Council now."

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Yeah, it's weird because there was suppose to be like 2 different teams as part of a single group (HQ and Vanguard of Tempus) but now it seems like it's just 1 group of Tempus. I guess it makes sense because 3 months after Mag/Ves graduated, they debuted ARMIS. Having Vanguard and ARMIS both have 4 people while HQ is just "Altare and Axel" would feel weird if they didn't merge them with Vanguard. Kind of like the whole "shit, why did we leave Irys as her own group? Well, she's part of a group with Council now."
The groupings are arbitrary anyways, what really matters is the internal framework and structure of the company.

hlwldlnf

The rrat said Rosemi was next in line of the upcoming exodus away from NijiEN. I'll be keeping a close eye.
Agreed about keeping a close eye but to be honest, I feel like that rrat was just timed when shit was going down again. Why wouldn't the leaker not leak anything about Pomu? We can at least tell when Pomu decided to graduate at the earliest in November when she wasn't with the other girls during that big off collab in Japan. The leaker or leakers would've known that info by then.
Yeah she's definitely gone

Probably around late feb-early march
Depending on whether or not that big girls off collab back in November was their revenge AR Live recording (given also that the Luxiem and Noctyx were in Japan a little bit before them, there were some speculations that this was something related to AR live) either the public isn't going to get info of her leaving until whenever they release that content OR they'd have to record yet again the girls segment and release that.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Agreed about keeping a close eye but to be honest, I feel like that rrat was just timed when shit was going down again. Why wouldn't the leaker not leak anything about Pomu? We can at least tell when Pomu decided to graduate at the earliest in November when she wasn't with the other girls during that big off collab in Japan. The leaker or leakers would've known that info by then.
Pomu mentioned she didn't tell everyone til like Mid-December I think? Well after when the 'leakers' posted.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
The Niji scolding voice resale is live now
Its only really notable since Selen is prominently featured in it and they are re-selling her and Enna's voicepack too, the sale runs until the 30th so its possible that we wont get any news until then

soap suds

> Petra and Rosemi announced as guests for upcoming early March convention
> Not Selen

1Vv.gif

Seems like the rest of Luxiem are also out the door.

Okay, but for real, I looked into this expo and this is not the first time they've only asked for a couple people from a wave instead of bringing the whole group. Out of Ethryia, only Millie and Enna were invited.

And then they only invited Vox around the same time, which is really weird considering the fact I'm sure the other boys wouldn't have minded being at the expo as well.

With all that though, I don't really see this as evidence that she's staying either. I can see her leaving around Valentine's day, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Selen rrat: She's not going to be coming back as an indie. Her extremely controlling asian parents are going to pressure her into marrying some asian doctor.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Selen rrat: She's not going to be coming back as an indie. Her extremely controlling asian parents are going to pressure her into marrying some asian doctor.
Could work as long as she's depression fasting.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I haven't seen talk about this today. I was looking around /vt/ for the current Selen cope status.
It ain't looking too good lads.

To start off, Dokibird has a throne account Here. [archived too] There's nothing too unusual about having a throne account, a lot of vtubers have one. What's the rrat here? Well, I've got two.
First; I don't have an archive for this and my source is a random catalog thread discussing Selen. Apparently this fundraiser was on her Throne earlier today on the 27th. And the following image to the right shows what her throne's description looked like after it was successfully funded within minutes by the dragoons following her (currently her Throne just asks you to donate to cancer research). Also, something nobody really read into, She's asking for donations for her bills for the next month (February). Unless I'm just retarded and misinterpreting how rent payments work (eg: I pay my bill this month for January, it is January's Rent not February), I assume we'll hear news within February on her impending fate.
1706420246749.png1706420414694.png

The other rrat I am offering, which I've taken from the thread. Is that she wasn't suspended for shit-talking managers. But more so that she encouraged reuploads. To understand this theory let us harken back to a former Nijisanji JP graduate- Melissa Kinrenka. Melissa is assumed to have graduated due to the realization that she has a lack of ownership over their covers/orisongs. As far as we know, Anycolor has some sort of ownership of their musical productions (which honestly isn't too unusual all things considered). The theory I am proposing here is that Selen's encouragement of reuploading her cover (somehow) technically infringed on Anycolor's IP effectively telling users to """Pirate""" her cover and reupload it. I can only assume Japanese management wants her to pay for some sort of damages (on top of the $15k she already spent), dogeza, and apologize for her great crime of "piracy" before she is to resume activities. If that's true, it obviously didn't go over so well and now Dokibird and her fans are just waiting out the clock.

Also Dokibird I KNOW YOU ARE /HERE/ PLEASE GIVE ME A SIGN AND CHANGE YOUR NAME TO "SATURN" ON STEAM IF IM RIGHT I CAN BE YOUR STRONGEST SCHIZO

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
The theory I am proposing here is that Selen's encouragement of reuploading her cover (somehow) technically infringed on Anycolor's IP effectively telling users to """Pirate""" her cover and reupload it. I can only assume Japanese management wants her to pay for some sort of damages (on top of the $15k she already spent), dogeza, and apologize for her great crime of "piracy" before she is to resume activities.

While I imagine they're not particularly pleased by it, I think they would have quickly taken that tweet down if they really considered it a great offense.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I'm reasonably confident that only hugboxes clamping down on any kind of "controversy" had any doubt about Selen being gone by the time her hospitalisation ended at the latest.
The other rrat I am offering, which I've taken from the thread. Is that she wasn't suspended for shit-talking managers. But more so that she encouraged reuploads.
I think everyone figured as much from the very beginning. But good point about the copyright issue, particularly considering how exceptionally anal Japan is about that even by the exceptionally anal standards of copyright issues.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
To start off, Dokibird has a throne account Here. [archived too] There's nothing too unusual about having a throne account, a lot of vtubers have one. What's the rrat here? Well, I've got two.
First; I don't have an archive for this and my source is a random catalog thread discussing Selen. Apparently this fundraiser was on her Throne earlier today on the 27th. And the following image to the right shows what her throne's description looked like after it was successfully funded within minutes by the dragoons following her (currently her Throne just asks you to donate to cancer research).

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I haven't seen talk about this today. I was looking around /vt/ for the current Selen cope status.
It ain't looking too good lads.

First; I don't have an archive for this and my source is a random catalog thread discussing Selen. Apparently this fundraiser was on her Throne earlier today on the 27th. And the following image to the right shows what her throne's description looked like after it was successfully funded within minutes by the dragoons following her (currently her Throne just asks you to donate to cancer research). Also, something nobody really read into, She's asking for donations for her bills for the next month (February). Unless I'm just retarded and misinterpreting how rent payments work (eg: I pay my bill this month for January, it is January's Rent not February), I assume we'll hear news within February on her impending fate.
View attachment 62279View attachment 62280

The other rrat I am offering, which I've taken from the thread. Is that she wasn't suspended for shit-talking managers. But more so that she encouraged reuploads. To understand this theory let us harken back to a former Nijisanji JP graduate- Melissa Kinrenka. Melissa is assumed to have graduated due to the realization that she has a lack of ownership over their covers/orisongs. As far as we know, Anycolor has some sort of ownership of their musical productions (which honestly isn't too unusual all things considered). The theory I am proposing here is that Selen's encouragement of reuploading her cover (somehow) technically infringed on Anycolor's IP effectively telling users to """Pirate""" her cover and reupload it. I can only assume Japanese management wants her to pay for some sort of damages (on top of the $15k she already spent), dogeza, and apologize for her great crime of "piracy" before she is to resume activities. If that's true, it obviously didn't go over so well and now Dokibird and her fans are just waiting out the clock.

Also Dokibird I KNOW YOU ARE /HERE/ PLEASE GIVE ME A SIGN AND CHANGE YOUR NAME TO "SATURN" ON STEAM IF IM RIGHT I CAN BE YOUR STRONGEST SCHIZO
This makes me wonder if Niji is witholding her pay during this period right now. She most likely lives in Vancouver which is expensive as hell. It also makes me wonder how much savings she had for something like this. Maybe didn't expect to be making zero money for over a month? Or maybe her parents still have access to her accounts somehow? I dunno, this is a shit situation either way and i hope we see some resolution ASAP.

Top Bottom