"Don't worry! My voice of tin-tin is very strong, and, I bomb stress in my stream!"Hakui Koyori

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Posting for the first time in a while but since is a big event might as well give my 2 useless cents:

A thing that has bother me that I have seen parroted since yesterday is that cover is stupid for not giving Aqua whatever she wanted in order to keep her around, which again tells me how many people are completely incapable of running a business of any kind, yes as a talent company looking out for their talents and keeping them happy is an important part of Covers job, but is incredible short sighted to think that means they should bend to their every whim so they don't leave, by that logic Gura should be able to walk into Yagoo office and tell him she wants to run the company now or she will quit and he would have to comply, Cover has done a lot to build the Hololive brand, and to make sure that no one talents own brand is bigger than the Hololive brand as a whole, for Cover being able to just let someone like Aqua walk out the door is good thing, are they happy about it? of course not, I guarantee not a single person up top is happy about Aqua leaving, but I'm also sure nobody is loosing sleep over it either, is hard for the fans to accept since for every person their Oshi is irreplaceable but for Cover the best case scenario is when they are in a position where every single one of then is, obviously if girls start leaving in mase that would be another different story, but that not what happening yet.

Also another thing to point out is that most people assume that whatever problem Aqua had was a simple thing that only concern her, there a possibility that Aqua was against some other larger company policy or decision that affected all of them but only a handful where against it, while other could be in favor or happy about it, in that case it would also be dumb to listen to the few person against it to the detriment of others.

Obviously this is all speculation, we don't actually know it the end what exactly the problem was and it could very well be that cover is retarded but assuming that not matter what the big talents should get their way is a guaranteed way of letting them walk all over you.

Last edited:

Halal Gaming

To be fair, a talent who has been with the company since it was small saying "I don't like where the company is going, so I'm gonna peace out" invites a lot of rrats
Thankfully Suisei came out to talk about it and she went trought INKK
Whatever comes next cant be worse than that shit

Negzana

In tribute for Aqua I'm going to play all the Holocure levels as her. Any good strats for her?

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
With Mel and soon Aqua gone, Hololive lost two cute retards this year, let's hope nothing happens to Kanade
Man now that you mention about that possibility of happening, I should go on and watch her to cherish those funny moments.
IMG_0120.jpeg

bothyourhouses

incredible short sighted to think that means they should bend to their every whim so they don't leave
They shouldn't bend to their every whim no, but when we're talking about the creative direction of their own character (in a medium where the wall between talent and character is paper thin) it's hard to see a case where they shouldn't ultimately let her run with it. Losing a talent over a money disagreement, fair. Losing a talent because they wanted better treatment than the others, fair. But unless she wanted to do something that would affect the reputation of the whole company - and I struggle to think what that could be unless she wanted to be a straight up whore/druggie - it's surely better to let the talent write dumb lore or focus on a dumb kind of stream (after giving them fair warning of what you think the results will be) than lose them completely.

frz

Kson / Mikeneko's downfall and Rica keeping to herself kinda made leaving Holo looking bad. But I personally think Aqua can thrive after leaving.

She's very close friend with Kagura Mea / Tamaki and will have no trouble intergrating into the indie scene. Hoshikawa, who worships the ground that she walks, is also very close to this group. The real big problem is that scene is infested with males, we will see how it goes. But if her intent on leaving is holding tournaments and events like Dokibird then that's a comfort zone she will eventually have to step out of.

The other option is joining VSPO, they'd literally kill to have her in. It's also a bunch of cute girls and she will feel right at home like she never left Hololive. VShojo is still an option, moreso with Kson still saviorfagging there but I think it's a step backward for her career. She shouldn't be settled for the retirement home.

For the EN fans of Aqua though VSPO is probs the best option for getting clips? Since the indie scene has uh... Oboretai clipping male interactions only, and the VshojoJP scene clipper doesn't exist, despite having Nazuna & Soju at one point. Meanwhile there are some very dedicated Vshojo EN clipperfags out there.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Kson / Mikeneko's downfall and Rica keeping to herself kinda made leaving Holo looking bad
But I personally think Aqua can thrive after leaving.

She's very close friend with Kagura Mea / Tamaki and will have no trouble intergrating into the indie scene. Hoshikawa, who worships the ground that she walks, is also very close to this group. The real big problem is that scene also very intergrated with males, but we will see how it goes. But if her intent on leaving is holding tournaments and events like Dokibird then that's a comfort zone she will eventually have to step out of.

The other option is joining VSPO, they'd literally kill to have her in. It's also a bunch of cute girls and she will feel right at home like Hololive.

VShojo is still an option, moreso with Kson still saviorfagging there but I think it's a step backward for her career. She shouldn't be settled for the retirement home.
Kson is happy where she is living off her past and collecting money
I dont even need to talk about Mike LOL is the worst case post Holo: No friends,alone and just doing ANYTHING to stay relevant
Rica can still join Vshojo and grab some bucks so she isnt completely done
I agree with you about Aqua except in the VSPO thing: I think she would be better as an Indie

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
They shouldn't bend to their every whim no, but when we're talking about the creative direction of their own character (in a medium where the wall between talent and character is paper thin) it's hard to see a case where they shouldn't ultimately let her run with it. Losing a talent over a money disagreement, fair. Losing a talent because they wanted better treatment than the others, fair. But unless she wanted to do something that would affect the reputation of the whole company - and I struggle to think what that could be unless she wanted to be a straight up whore/druggie - it's surely better to let the talent write dumb lore or focus on a dumb kind of stream (after giving them fair warning of what you think the results will be) than lose them completely.
The most credible rrat is perms. Not creative difference. Although yes you could potentially argue perms are a part of the creativity she was denied, it would be stupid if she left because she couldnt add whatever stuff to her lore that would need perms for. Cover has had issues for years with perms its not a secret. But we dont know how it works behind the scene to get these perms. It would be dumb to just crucify them for this.
I will say though that they should absolutely work to fix this issue if its that that made Aqua go because its a huge fucking loss for the company.

frz

I dont even need to talk about Mike LOL is the worst case post Holo: No friends,alone and just doing ANYTHING to stay relevant
Rica can still join Vshojo and grab some bucks so she isnt completely done
I agree with you about Aqua except in the VSPO thing: I think she would be better as an Indie
HEY MIKENEKO HAS AT LEAST ONE FRIEND, whom she roped into Wactor. But at least she has one :deztheroom:

I know Kson WANTS to do it. But she literally entered a retirement home, she barely even uses her vtuber alias except for burning money to do a live show.:koronehappyl:
But anyway I was just using her as an example of losing popularity rather than money. Rica kept too much to herself, which is a problem she also has in Hololive. I dont see her getting popular even if she joins Vshojo, unless they managed to pull someone really big this time. Delutaya probs still too "small" for that purpose.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
They shouldn't bend to their every whim no, but when we're talking about the creative direction of their own character
Idk where this idea came from but I wasn't said anywhere to my knowledge yet I have seen a bunch of people repeating it.

People act like Cover was telling her to
1. Be stupid
2. Be an idol
3. Not be an idol?
I have seen all three thrown around and idk WHERE people got this.

From Aqua's and Suisei's statements (the only ones who gave any actual info) I got that Aqua didn't like what the company had become/where the company was going AS A WHOLE and the amount of bureaucracy they had to deal with now compared to the total lack of any when she joined, while others like polka saw no issue with it and suisei basically disregarded it. The "creative differences" thing is a placeholder non-statement that is usually used when people disagree over something with their employer and can't come to an agreement, they never said "creative direction of the character" or "more idoru/less idoru/whatever /vt/ invents tomorrow".

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Totally, I just tuned in to her weekly stream of "remember back when I was Kiryu Coco at hololive?, weren't those good days?" and then she looked straight into the camera and with tearful eyes said "please, pleeeeaaase buy my merch! I need it! please keep supporting me oh god the bills are gonna eat me alive" with snot running down her nose, her hair disheveled.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
HEY MIKENEKO HAS AT LEAST ONE FRIEND, whom she roped into Wactor. But at least she has one :deztheroom:

I know Kson WANTS to do it. But she literally entered a retirement home, she barely even uses her vtuber alias except for burning money to do a live show.:koronehappyl:
But anyway I was just using her as an example of losing popularity rather than money. Rica kept too much to herself, which is a problem she also has in Hololive. I dont see her getting popular even if she joins Vshojo, unless they managed to pull someone really big this time. Delutaya probs still too "small" for that purpose.
Sorry i forgot to edit in Holo Friends
She basically has not a single one now

frz

Totally, I just tuned in to her weekly stream of "remember back when I was Kiryu Coco at hololive?, weren't those good days?" and then she looked straight into the camera and with tearful eyes said "please, pleeeeaaase buy my merch! I need it! please keep supporting me oh god the bills are gonna eat me alive" with snot running down her nose, her hair disheveled.
You joke but she had a fleshlight sponsor the other day :smugpipi:

x Hades Stamps

Update removing the spoiler tags because you clearly don’t deserve them.
Google Translate at it again there with translating "Yoshi Yoshi" (ヨシヨシ, that thing a motherly Japanese person might say to comfort their kid when they're patting them on the head or back) to "Good riddance". Especially when it was translated that way in the previous sentence.
I wish my DeepL extension were compatible with Old Twitter.
which is why I'm saying, since she's so big, she should have larger saying power with how she wants to stream - the audience will follow
Yes and no. In reality, there’s only so much you can do about your audience growing too large to handle. That is not the reason stated for graduation, but it very well could be the actual reason
She isn't the first artist where the band got so big they just wanted out. If she's even been decent with her money, she's sitting on millions in USD and doesn't have to worry. That point at which she doesn't have to worry and the character Aqua requires a lot. She's too big for a Shion-type contract.
True. Happened with the Beatles, and they stopped touring.
Inevitably everyone in Hololive will leave, it's just a matter of sooner or later.

Doesn't make it any less sad.
Nooo!!! It’s definitely evitable!! (/s)
When gen 2 joined, the hololive landscape was very different and they have been active long enough to consider something else.
Very, very true. It’s like a farm built fairly close to the city, but not right next to it. Over the years, urban sprawl caused it to become surrounded by suburb, and much of the farmland was sold off. Now, the owner is completely ready to move out.
If that is the case, however, it’d kind of suck for her. She can be a successful indy, of course, but if she’s looking for the atmosphere of
[Early Hololive]
again... that's not possible. Anywhere she appears, she'll instantly be fuckhuge again.
Not only that, but that atmosphere is just simply gone. Even agency VTubers around that size are a fair bit different nowadays.
Maybe this is the tribalist in me but I'm still going to hold up hope that this is just a difference in opinion between Aqua and management alone and not a major harbinger of things to come. If Fubuki jumps ship, then I'll admit defeat.
I hope so to. Currently, I haven’t seen enough (or really any) evidence suggesting they are bad for me to say they’re bad. That being said, I would never be like, “I’m sure it’s fine,” as at the end of the day, the evitable is not inevitable, and that includes this. I am especially unqualified to speak on this, as I observe HoloLive in general from quite a distance. I will note that Nijisanji and these smaller agencies demolishing themselves have done enough damage to the agency scene that HoloLive may very well basically be the death knell if they go to crap.
It's a mixed bag for me. If she reincarnates, it will be great to see her again but it would be concerning that she just decided she doesn't want to stream under cover anymore.
Additionally, for some people (and some even moreso), nostalgia would prevent it from ever being exactly the same.
If she still wants to be a vtuber then she will probably hang around as indie for a couple months and join VSPO as another solo member.
Maybe. From what others are saying, the chances of it happening aren’t low, but just a reminder that this is all evitable, other than her upcoming grad.
they are opening a vshojo japan branch, submission deadline today. They should have seen how phaseJP is struggling and getting completely new vtubers in a market that has never heard of you isn't the greatest strategy, not like Vshojo ever even did it.
They technically already have a JP branch, but both members are moreso between JP and EN. Plus, it’s VShojo, a.k.a. the company that nothing they do should be a surprise.
I can see vshojo delaying their debut another 3 months from now (since it's literally just closed) to "get the new gen to know each other" and wait out for holo's non-compete (which as kson demonstrated lasts 2 months).
Doesn’t VShojo typically debut their talents one-by-one, rather than in one long relay?
Edit: People did not like hearing it. I still think chances are I'll be vindicated but we'll see.
Of course they didn’t.
Sidenote: someone else noticing the increase in site loading time?
Even TVA, as a site, affected by that graduation
A lot of people really care about this.
So with one maid gone, does that mean another maid can join now? Mint
No
We may love Vesper on the forums, but it was really obvious he wasn't built for working within a corporate structure.
Yeah, for definite, especially but not limited to a Japanese company. I can relate to at least some degree, as I’m completely incompatible with Japanese work culture.
That Month of Fire Casualty List at the top of the page was a heck of a way to find out when I woke up this morning. (As if anyone cares about First Stage Production or even knows who they are.)
The Who has a perfect song for them. Really, I forget they even exist when not mentioned by name.
At least there will be no more graduations this year

edit: Yes, I know I probably said this after A-Chan, and Mel.
Knock on wood!
My oshi talks about Aqua having brain damage and two days later she announces her graduation! Can't be a coincidence!

Hmm…Nope, complete coincidence.
All my feels to you Onion lovers. I know there's a few talents who are going to floor me when they go, and I don't look forward to it.
It has happened to me enough times that it doesn’t take much for me to harbor resentment against them.

Lucky! I ran out ages ago!
Between this and the Mel termination, I think it's obvious a page has turned somewhere, and Hololive is a little bit different from what it used to be. I remember when the 5th (?) gen debuted, Subaru said something along the lines of "I could never get into Hololive if I auditioned now" and talked about how much the company has changed since gen 2 debuted. All in a positive way of course, and it was meant to talk up how impressive the new girls were at the time. But in retrospect, maybe not all of those changes are positive.
As Bob Seger said, pages turn as you tour on the road, perform up on the stage, and play the star. Unfortunately not always for the better, but it’s inevitable.
I think I prefer a company that does things like taking chances on girls with no streaming experience and a burned down house.
Say what, now?
I'll keep watching if you still want to make online content. Unless you join Niji, on principle.
Respectable. There are some companies I avoid watching at all costs, as well. Including that one.
Someone more goal-orientated regarding streamings like doki would probs flip if she's put under holo management.
Well, she did do a flip in nijisanji
Thank goodness she’s out, even if it’s because she was fired/expelled.
You know that's an interesting point.
Let me check back to you, I have to run it by [Engagement Strategies], [Scheduling] and [Marketing Outline]. I'll send you a copy for the pre-meeting so we can discuss the agenda bulletpoints. Then, I'll run it by [Main Management] and [JP_Permissions] just to be sure.
I should have a definitive answer no later than two months from now.
Three months later…wait, this isn’t Niji.
Or your mom. I'm about to cross the border and graduate her tonight.
Is that a threat?? (/hj)
Why would she leave Hololive to join Nijisanji? Why would anyone leave Hololive to join Nijisanji? Roru. Rumao even.
Yeah, that much makes little sense.
Baka onyan

Granted, that’s a completely noncompliant do not enter sign (an actual do not enter sign is a red circle with a white dash running along it horizontally).
Some people are schizoing out on r/kurosanji too, the string of NijiEN Ls really buck broke the masses into think every JP corpo is a potential black company, im eerily curious to see what would happen if an EN darling broke now
Meanwhile, they continue to shop at Wal-Mart.
They'd just swear by indies.
The fact of the matter is that there's a large contingent of people who were exposed to Niji's implosion and that has severely affected their outlook. There's also a massive group of sisters that have been mocked and ridiculed by the Holochuds for months and are thirsting for revenge. Of course some people are going to try to start a riot.
Yeah, Nijisanji messed up big-time, causing serious damage to the image of the corpo scene.
the real shit show starts if this keeps happening, and if blatant proof that it is mismanagement gets unearthed, /vt/ and dramafags clutch their pearls at Holo on a good day so I don't think anyone should care if they are losing their shit (or pretending to lose their shit) now.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Currently, we’re nowhere near this. Not saying it can’t happen, but at this point, it is completely evitable.
but is incredible short sighted to think that means they should bend to their every whim so they don't leave, by that logic Gura should be able to walk into Yagoo office and tell him she wants to run the company now or she will quit and he would have to comply
That’s true, but also made me LOL. As much as I love Gura, I don’t think she’d make a good CEO.
Since the indie scene has uh... Oboretai clipping male interactions only
And then a bunch of nobodies who definitely won’t get your name out there.
Edit: if you’re going to do that anyway, I might as well remove the spoiler tags.

Last edited:

IdenticalPlateaus

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Idk where this idea came from but I wasn't said anywhere to my knowledge yet I have seen a bunch of people repeating it.

People act like Cover was telling her to
1. Be stupid
2. Be an idol
3. Not be an idol?
I have seen all three thrown around and idk WHERE people got this.
See below:

My rrat is maybe Aqua wanted to evolve her IP "the clumsy gaming maid" to something else but Cover said no because the trope is still printing money, kinda like Gura that said that everybody will always remember her as the "shork" and nothing else.
Changing profile seems to be only possible if you are unsuccessful or in a specific context, like Nene with her chinese references, or Azki who had to change her design 4 times until it clicked somehow.
Aside from how Suisei's statement doesn't sound like this was a point of contention, Cover does do re-brands without any visible external trigger (unlike Nene's de-Chinesefication). You yourself mention AZKi, and Aruran got himself twinkified.

Koronesuki

X-Potato

I swear I actually do watch Aqua and I don't just consume her content through other members, but I really believe the best way to see Aqua's heart is through the way other members talk about her. This cute animation of when Gura was talking about Aqua being kind enough to speak with her is a perfect example. I guarantee Aqua saw herself in Gura and wanted to try and make her feel better.

If you ever find yourself wondering what's wrong with Gura, just keep in mind that Aqua's first thought when she met Gura in person was, "She's just like me!" (Her second thought was feeling guilty for having thought that, because, "That's a really mean thing to think about someone.")
by that logic Gura should be able to walk into Yagoo office and tell him she wants to run the company now or she will quit and he would have to comply
If she ever did that, Yagoo would say, "Okay, Gura. You're in charge now." Then he'd let her sit in his chair and play boss while instructing everyone else to play along and humor her while continuing to run the company normally. Half an hour later, she'd have a panic attack, decide that she didn't want to be the boss anymore, and beg Yagoo to take his job back. He would graciously accept.

Negzana

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
A new original song just premiered too. It's a pretty adorable piece:

There should be one more song coming out according to what she said before.

I'm glad we're getting at least one more call-in stream. Hers have been some of the funniest ones in Holo cause everyone just unilaterally decides to fuck with her for some reason.

Edit: Even in today's, she was expecting long emotional conversations but almost everyone's been doing or sending random shit and leaving in like a minute
:smugsubaru:

Last edited:

Negzana

Aqua has a merch drop, won't ship until February.

Last edited:
Top Bottom